Fringe Series Finale Trailer AKA The One Where John Noble Makes You Sob Like a Baby

Fringe Series Finale SpoilersThe Fringe series finale airs this Friday, as the second episode of a two-hour event, and Walter Bishop knows what he must do to, you know, save the world.

But in addition to that, there are other thrilling steps to be taken to defeat the Observers, many of them glimpsed at in this full-on, take-no-prisoners trailer for the Fox drama’s denouement.

PHOTO | Exclusive Fringe First Look: Series Finale Poster May Leave You Speechless

You’ll spy the team preparing to infiltrate the Statue of Liberty (or what’s left of it), Broyles working a machine gun like a boss, Olivia doing whatever is necessary to Go To There, “Michael” turning the bloody tables on Windmark (ha!) and — most resonantly — a father’s impassioned speech to his son, overlaying it all as narration.

Here, watch:

Tags: ,

Comments (29)

• What can i say? Get the tissues ready

Comment by Lorena – January 15, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finale was so BAddddd a limp bisquit. The producers are liars…. Who wrote this script should be
      given cortexiphan …… uh duh… the main part of the story and does not give anyone any spooky powers. LAME

Comment by Joanna – January 31, 2013 02:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will absolutely hate to see this show end. I have been and will always be … a fan.

Comment by majamababe – January 15, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing new. Every single episode this season has made me cry already. And most of them because of something Walter says or does. So for me, honestly.. 100% expected at this point.

Comment by Grace – January 15, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto! I have been crying over Walter Bishop for a long time…

Comment by BillieO – January 16, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It just won’t be the same with no Fringe to look forward to each week! I feel sad already and will greatly miss everyone on the show. Just wish they had gotten their due recognition. Many loyal fans will never forget them and I am proud to be one of them.

Comment by Mary – January 15, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto!

Comment by Katherine215 – January 15, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!!

Comment by SK – January 16, 2013 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. So sad right now. At least my HAVEN got season 4.

Comment by aiza11 – January 16, 2013 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I literally can’t believe how talented John Noble is. It’s mind-blowing. I will really miss “Fringe”, and I am so nervous to see Walter’s fate. And personally, this was my dad’s and my show-no one else in our family watched it. I’ll miss having that with him as silly as it sounds. I’m hoping “The Following” is good so that can be our next obsession. Also even though my mom doesn’t watch “Fringe”, she’s “absolutely positive that Pacey will land on a new show because he’s so good and cute.” Awesome.

Comment by Sarah – January 15, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My friends & I thought Mr. Noble chewed alot of scenery early on (overacted), but since he toned it down a bit he’s been great. Too bad the show never found a big enough audience. I know alot of people watched season 1, or just part of it, and never came back for more. Oh well, no crying over spilt milk eh?

Comment by Bruce – January 16, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe is an amazing show. John Noble and Joshua Jackson are talented actors and their father/son relationship has grown into such an emotionally fulfilling story. I will miss this show and these actors so much. Their is something magical about this cast and their chemistry together.

Comment by Ella – January 15, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would kill for a final Fringe Paley Center panel or a recorded sit down round-table of the actors and showrunner(s) discussing what the show is to them and their favorite episodes and their theories etc.
    The idea of Fringe ending…it sucks so hard but im not dying over it because they got to end it fully on their own terms, and iv been prepared/scared for it to end out of the blue, cancelled, and not given a final true ending. So i am happy. But the idea of not hearing from these actors again…sucks! These are the best roles they will ever play, the best show they will ever be a part of..so i want to hear about it. I want to watch video of them together talking about the show. What i love most are the pictures and video of Joshua and John Noble hugging and loving each other, and video of the cast together talking about themselves and the show. I hope they keep the show alive the same way the cast of Firefly has kept Firefly alive. By having Panels, talking about it, always bringing it up, and staying friends. :)

Comment by M3rc Nate – January 15, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At least a nomination for John Noble, come on now.

Comment by D'Arcy – January 15, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joshua Jackson about the finale, where he alluded to it being anti-climactic but then quickly took that back and said it goes out with a bang (like Lost – Season 5).
    This comment seems to allude to the fact that the series will end a little open ended to allow the audience to decide on events following the outcome of the plan.

Comment by chantal – January 15, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great. Now I gotta go buy a bigger box of tissues. Sigh. Sob.

Comment by tvdiva – January 15, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just can not believe it is almost over. I am hoping for a great finale and i am going to miss these actors so much. I can not count the times Anna Torv and John Noble brought tears to my eyes. To this talented ensemble cast and to the writers and crew, thank you so much for this amazing ride.

Comment by coil – January 15, 2013 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cried just watching the trailor. Both cuz the show is ending and cuz it’s just been such an emotional season. I’m so bummed that fringe is ending but I am thankful they ge to end on their own terms and have a proper ending.

Comment by Lena – January 15, 2013 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. So excited and sad for the finale. John Noble and Joshua Jackson have created such an amazing father/son dynamic. It is by far my favorite aspect on the show. I am going to miss the Bishop boys.

Comment by Kelly – January 16, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Noble for an EMMY! Good thing I have the weekend to follow the Fringe finale on Friday because God knows I will be worthless the next day. This episode will be an exhausting emotional rollercoaster!

Comment by Rachel – January 16, 2013 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love that Walter remembered the blue timeline! Fringe ending is definitely bittersweet, because while I’m sad it’s ending, I’m glad it actually got a chance to end right. As far as HOW it ends, I really hope it’s not like the ending of Lost!!! I don’t want an ending that basically ruins the entire series. But I think Fringe is better than Lost. It’s just too bad it didn’t have as big ratings.

Comment by Mikael – January 16, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Classic american audience, keeping Grey’s Anatomy for 10 season and not watching an awesome, forward looking and incredible show like Fringe which struggled getting a Season 5. Love from Italy.

Comment by Tanderix – January 16, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “You are trapped in this room with me. They are trapped in this era with me”.
    Yikes! I can’t wait :)

Comment by davey – January 16, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe, I hardly knew ye. Will really miss this incredible show.

Comment by JAO – January 16, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This seriously felt like a movie trailer…I’m gonna miss this show. It’s been a fun, and somewhat frustrating (I was thinking of giving up halfway through season 3) run, but I’m glad I decided to stick with it.

Comment by Jake – January 16, 2013 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will miss the show, dearly.

Hope John Noble get a nomination/win for his acting, he is incredible.

Am I the only one very much liking the September actor (Michael Cerveris)? Wish to see him regularly in another serie!

Comment by ChocolatFrog – January 17, 2013 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will miss the show dearly is was the only show that was real interesting, especially Walter thru the years he made me laugh with his crazy science projects, and Astrid who was always on Walter side thru good times and bad times, love the girl. As for Olivia and Peter the love they have was wonderful, love it. Just wanted to said thank you for a wonderful show it will be miss on Friday, but i have the DVDs,(just waiting for season 5). Thank you.

Comment by Julyet – January 17, 2013 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually, I got tired of the show jumping from universe to universe and tired of everyone being depressed all the time, so I am ready for the show to end. It’s like the characters deserve a resolution after all these years of suffering. This finale is going to be two of the best hours of TV ever and I can’t wait.

John Noble is one of the finest TV actors I’ve ever seen – really amazing. By the way, I loved the ending scene last week when Observer Captain says hello to Michael and then you see his expression change to subdued horror when he attempts to “read” Michael. Priceless.

Comment by JM2211 – January 18, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They are such a fine cast. All of them have grown immensely over the 5 seasons. In the hiatus I sat down and re-watched s1-3: It’s such an inspired and emotionally gifted playground, that transforms to being almost spiritual in season 4. John Noble and Anna Torv add so much to their lines through their facial and body language, that I suspect the rest of the cast were being held back, but still I can only recall one episode out of all 5 seasons, where I thought the acting or the lines were off. SO consistent, Fringe is.

Comment by latefuthark – January 20, 2013 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post