Drop Dead Diva Cancelled After 4 Seasons

Drop Dead Diva CancelledDrop Dead Diva is officially, well, dead.

Lifetime on Tuesday decided not to renew the legal dramedy for a fifth season, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | Army Wives Exclusive: Major Character Getting Killed Off Amid Season 7 Shake-Up

Diva — which stars Brooke Elliott as a vapid, dead model stuck in the body of a curvy, smart lawyer — wrapped its Season 4 run last September. The show’s producers Sony Pictures TV may attempt to shop the scrapped series elsewhere.

Are you sad to see Drop Dead Diva go? Do you think it’s all Kim Kardashian’s fault? Hit the comments.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Cancellations

1. audrey says:

Very disappointed! I loved Drop Dead Diva! I will miss it I love love love Brooke Elliott! She is an amazing actress….beautiful ….yet a character we all can relate to! Bring it back!!!

2. Val says:

Sadly, telling US to bring back DDD does no good whatsoever!!! If we could, we would!!! Tell ‘THE POWERS THAT BE’ at Lifetime~!!!!! :(

3. melanie says:

Gutted drop dead diva is not returning : (

4. Latora Williams says:

Wow are you serious why did they cancel the show my favorite show this is crazy when Deb is coming back really should have let the show play out instead of getting rid of all the good shows on TV

5. Tamster says:

so….this is on my DVR, as it has been since day 1, and I’ve been waiting for it to return. I just found out, it’s not returning??? Are you kidding me…this was a great show, I’m so sad!!!! Bring it back, bring it back…not to mention, we didn’t even get a ending : (

• Carolynn says:

They are bringing it back for a 5th and final season.

• Val says:

I wonder why no one is reading my note from earlier this week that it IS coming back … thanks to us!! Google it!

• Jennifer says:

Thank you Val and Carolyn! Your memo on the Season 5 was uplifting! I think the blog gets “bogged down” with older comments if someone opens it they see the oldest first. All I can say is VIVA DROP DEAD DIVA!

6. Jennifer says:

Hallelujah! My favorite TV show will continue!
    Thank you to all who battled for this and to Lifetime and (I think) Sony.
    Now….what is the premiere date and time?????

7. Crystle says:

At least they could do a two hour special and wrap it up instead of just leaving things hanging.

• Val says:

Read my reply from a few days ago! It’s coming baaaaccck!!! Sometime this summer! Google it and you’ll see all the info.

8. jj says:

best show on tv bring it back!!!

9. Diane says:

I just found out Drop Dead Diva was cancelled…it figures – they leave all the reality crap on and take the smart, witty, funny, well written and acted shows off the air…so disappointing. I loved that show! Shame on you Lifetime!!!!!!!

10. Ana says:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK THIS SHOW!
    Its the best show i have seen in a long time!!!

11. Kim says:

I am MORTIFIED to now learn that this show has been cancelled! ONE show that I actually liked!

• Val says:

I commented somewhere in this mess that I read THEY ARE BRINGING IT BACK – IF ONLY FOR 1 SEASON OF CLOSURE! I hope they haven’t changed their minds AGAIN!!!! Google it!

12. Barbara says:

Very sad to find out drop dead diva has been cancelled!!! Loved the show. Note to sponsor’s bad move. These so called reality shows make me nausous. So many good shows being replaced by these cheap and disturbing reality shows makes me question the quality of there products and company. I get the same feeling when these so called All American company’s out source customer service jobs. Like american airlines help desk. Cant understand a word they say

13. Jazmin says:

I can’t believe it has been cancelled I’ve waited so long to watch it makes very upset I loved I learned so much about laws And I would go to sleep so late just to watch it BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Ellen says:

This is absolutely CRUEL….make me fall in love with characters then RIP! them from my life. HOW DARE YOU!!!! ((((sad face with tears-n-mascara running)))) This is just wrong, wrong, wrong! ……snif….ice cream is in order…snif ….please? please bring them back? :( Except KK **smh** what were they thinking?

15. Diva Lover says:

I just watched all the DDD shows on Netflix thinking that they would be adding 2013 shows… I am so BUMMED!!! I loved Jane and her assistant. My son and I watched this and laughed all the way through because its so positive. I HATE all the back stabbing reality shows that are so popular and this was so refreshing!!! BRING JANE BACK!!!!!

• Val says:

Good grief girl – you’re a year late! Guess you missed Season 5! Have you Googled this show at all or gone to lifetimetv.com? We’re waiting on Season 6 and I don’t see that it’s been cancelled at all. Fingers crossed. That can always change on an executive’s whim at a moment’s notice, of course!