Drop Dead Diva Cancelled After 4 Seasons

Get More: Cancellations

Drop Dead Diva CancelledDrop Dead Diva is officially, well, dead.

Lifetime on Tuesday decided not to renew the legal dramedy for a fifth season, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | Army Wives Exclusive: Major Character Getting Killed Off Amid Season 7 Shake-Up

Diva — which stars Brooke Elliott as a vapid, dead model stuck in the body of a curvy, smart lawyer — wrapped its Season 4 run last September. The show’s producers Sony Pictures TV may attempt to shop the scrapped series elsewhere.

Are you sad to see Drop Dead Diva go? Do you think it’s all Kim Kardashian’s fault? Hit the comments.

Comments (251)

• Very disappointed! I loved Drop Dead Diva! I will miss it I love love love Brooke Elliott! She is an amazing actress….beautiful ….yet a character we all can relate to! Bring it back!!!

Comment by audrey – March 3, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I heard they are bringing it back for season 5 by popular demand! Hope they tie up all the loose ends!

Comment by Carolynn – March 3, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • FROM YOUR LIPS TO GOD’S EARS!!!!! I hope you’re right!!! WHERE and WHEN did you hear that?????

Comment by Val – March 3, 2013 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m not sure-my memory stinks-but I think it was in an email.

Comment by Carolynn – March 4, 2013 03:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sadly, telling US to bring back DDD does no good whatsoever!!! If we could, we would!!! Tell ‘THE POWERS THAT BE’ at Lifetime~!!!!! :(

Comment by Val – March 3, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gutted drop dead diva is not returning : (

Comment by melanie – March 9, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow are you serious why did they cancel the show my favorite show this is crazy when Deb is coming back really should have let the show play out instead of getting rid of all the good shows on TV

Comment by Latora Williams – March 12, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so….this is on my DVR, as it has been since day 1, and I’ve been waiting for it to return. I just found out, it’s not returning??? Are you kidding me…this was a great show, I’m so sad!!!! Bring it back, bring it back…not to mention, we didn’t even get a ending : (

Comment by Tamster – March 14, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are bringing it back for a 5th and final season.

Comment by Carolynn – March 14, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wonder why no one is reading my note from earlier this week that it IS coming back … thanks to us!! Google it!

Comment by Val – March 15, 2013 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you Val and Carolyn! Your memo on the Season 5 was uplifting! I think the blog gets “bogged down” with older comments if someone opens it they see the oldest first. All I can say is VIVA DROP DEAD DIVA!

Comment by Jennifer – March 17, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hallelujah! My favorite TV show will continue!
    Thank you to all who battled for this and to Lifetime and (I think) Sony.
    Now….what is the premiere date and time?????

Comment by Jennifer – March 14, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At least they could do a two hour special and wrap it up instead of just leaving things hanging.

Comment by Crystle – March 14, 2013 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Read my reply from a few days ago! It’s coming baaaaccck!!! Sometime this summer! Google it and you’ll see all the info.

Comment by Val – March 15, 2013 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • best show on tv bring it back!!!

Comment by jj – March 15, 2013 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just found out Drop Dead Diva was cancelled…it figures – they leave all the reality crap on and take the smart, witty, funny, well written and acted shows off the air…so disappointing. I loved that show! Shame on you Lifetime!!!!!!!

Comment by Diane – March 19, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK THIS SHOW!
    Its the best show i have seen in a long time!!!

Comment by Ana – April 2, 2013 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am MORTIFIED to now learn that this show has been cancelled! ONE show that I actually liked!

Comment by Kim – April 7, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I commented somewhere in this mess that I read THEY ARE BRINGING IT BACK – IF ONLY FOR 1 SEASON OF CLOSURE! I hope they haven’t changed their minds AGAIN!!!! Google it!

Comment by Val – April 7, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very sad to find out drop dead diva has been cancelled!!! Loved the show. Note to sponsor’s bad move. These so called reality shows make me nausous. So many good shows being replaced by these cheap and disturbing reality shows makes me question the quality of there products and company. I get the same feeling when these so called All American company’s out source customer service jobs. Like american airlines help desk. Cant understand a word they say

Comment by Barbara – May 6, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe it has been cancelled I’ve waited so long to watch it makes very upset I loved I learned so much about laws And I would go to sleep so late just to watch it BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Jazmin – May 8, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is absolutely CRUEL….make me fall in love with characters then RIP! them from my life. HOW DARE YOU!!!! ((((sad face with tears-n-mascara running)))) This is just wrong, wrong, wrong! ……snif….ice cream is in order…snif ….please? please bring them back? :( Except KK **smh** what were they thinking?

Comment by Ellen – May 11, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just watched all the DDD shows on Netflix thinking that they would be adding 2013 shows… I am so BUMMED!!! I loved Jane and her assistant. My son and I watched this and laughed all the way through because its so positive. I HATE all the back stabbing reality shows that are so popular and this was so refreshing!!! BRING JANE BACK!!!!!

Comment by Diva Lover – January 29, 2014 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good grief girl – you’re a year late! Guess you missed Season 5! Have you Googled this show at all or gone to lifetimetv.com? We’re waiting on Season 6 and I don’t see that it’s been cancelled at all. Fingers crossed. That can always change on an executive’s whim at a moment’s notice, of course!

Comment by Val – January 29, 2014 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Val. I was screaming your words! Thank you
        Has anyone seen the dates yet for this year??

Comment by Jennifer – January 29, 2014 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh, no, I was just looking tho!!

Comment by Val – January 29, 2014 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post