Golden Globes 2013: We're Live-Blogging 'Em!

fey poehler golden globesDo not adjust your dial. That recurring fantasy you’ve had about Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosting a major network awards show — the one that you have every time the duo gets behind a podium together — has finally come true. Welcome to the Golden Globes 2013, a place where there’ll (hopefully) be lizzing without judgment and not a single blerg in sight.

Will Fey & Poehler live up to the hype (and the extra jaunty promos)? Well, I’ll certainly be rooting for the funny ladies as I live-blog the telecast from the opening moments till the final statuette/slurred acceptance speech. So let the festivities begin, but before they do, a couple of questions for us all to answer:

Who are you wearing? (Me: Old Navy.) What are you sipping? (Diet Coke, though a bottle of Momo sauv blanc is on deck.) And what’s your snack of choice? (Baked brie with a melange of nuts and seeds and brown sugar.)

Okay, ready, set, let’s live blog!

1. Cathy says:

Good for Jodie.

2. Craig says:

So Jodie Fosters speech… brought to you by Damon LIndelof… Asks more questions than answers

3. Ann V. says:

It really sucks that Affleck wasn’t nominated for the Oscar.

4. Britta Unfiltered says:

Girls winning best comedy would have been a really good moment if it hadn’t been ruined by being presented by that d-bag Jay Leno. But yay for Girls!

5. Britta Unfiltered says:

Bradley Cooper got robbed.

6. Cathy says:

Want to know what Jeremy Renner said.

7. Ann V. says:

When I saw Les Mis, the theatre was so rapt that you could hear a pin drop.

• HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy says:

Same here. I don’t actually think I can recall having been in an audience that rapt before. Especially during that one scene, never mind a pin, you could’ve heard a spec of dust land on a piece of felt. And then at the end the theater erupted into loud applause.
      So much for all the the critics and and they ways in which they ‘knew’ how audiences would react.

8. me says:

re: “Will Anne Hathaway annoyingly hijacking the mic from producer Eric Fellner hurt her Oscar chances? Discuss!”

No. She was that good. lol

9. Britta Unfiltered says:

I thought that was so rude of Anne Hathaway to interrupt her producer’s speech like that. He didn’t seem happy about it, did he? She pulled a Kanye just to thank her agent. Crappy move, Hathaway.

• me says:

Some can argue that it was “rude” to forget her agent. Can’t please anyone. Regardless, she “stole” 3 seconds, people calm down. lol

• HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy says:

Not exactly a Kanye, heck she was part of the winning production. Yeah maybe it was a touch awkward but she meant well enough.

10. Rochelle says:

Well I’m a good luck charm because Argo is the only nominee I’ve seen

11. Did he really just quote a Destiny Child's song? Bless. says:

This live blog = 100 times better than the way EW does it. I was thoroughly entertained.

12. Jill says:

People are trashing it because it’s the worst series of all time. The poor critics started out so confused by its awfulness they praised it, and now they are stuck defending themselves praising this garbage over and over.

13. Gabe says:

I’ve said it before, and I say it again.
    Once you get it, you don’t disrespect it. Everytime someone trashes Girls it’s just ridiculous because everyone that gets it, knows how amazing of a show it is and how brilliant Lena Dunham is.

14. Sue Me says:

Someday we’ll all be privileged enough to “get it”, I hope. God forbid someone has different tastes.