What to Watch Sunday: Girls, Shameless and Three Other Premieres, Golden Globes and More

The Golden Globe Awards - Season 2013On TV this Sunday: Girls grab onto another season, say namaste to new Enlightened eps, the Gallaghers make their Shameless return, the Golden Globes fete Hollywood’s best and more. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

PREVIEW | Once Upon a Time: Will Hook Shoot Down Rumplestiltskin’s Grand Plans?

8 pm The 70th Annual Golden Globes (NBC) | Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler and 30 Rock‘s Tina Fey co-host the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s annual paean to television, movies and free booze. (See what Fey and Poehler have planned!)

8:30 pm Bob’s Burgers (Fox) | Bob winds up on a nude beach, and we’re guessing it’s as disturbing as it sounds. Fred Armisen (Saturday Night Live) voices Tommy, a health inspector who blackmails the Belchers.

PREVIEW | Revenge Hot Shots: Ashley Returns by [Spoiler]‘s Side, Daniel Takes on Dylan Walsh

9 pm Girls (HBO) | Season 2 premiere: Hannah and new roommate Elijahgirls season 2 (The New Normal‘s Andrew Rannells) throw a housewarming party, Marnie gets a visit from her mom (The Good Wife‘s Rita Wilson) and Jessa returns from her honeymoon.

9 pm The Good Wife (CBS) | Elsbeth Tascioni (returning guest star Carrie Preston) is arrested, so Alicia, Will and Diane step up to help her; Peter gets conflicting advice from Eli and Jordan.

9 pm Shameless (Showtime) | Season 3 premiere: Frank wakes up in a place completely foreign to him: Juarez, Mexico. (Read preview!)

9 pm Masterpiece Classic (PBS) | Downton Abbey: The estate’s fate hinges on a letter from a dead man, Edith and Sir Anthony share a crucial moment and Mrs. Hughes confronts a crisis.

9:30 pm Enlightened (HBO) | Season 2 premiere: With Tyler’s help – and possibly that of a reporter (My Best Friend’s Wedding‘s Dermot Mulroney) — Amy aims to take down Abadonn Industries bigwigs.

RELATED | Your Scoop-Filled Guide to Shameless, Revenge and 36 More Returning Favorites

Episode 20110 pm House of Lies (Showtime) | Season 2 premiere: Marty and the pod adjust to the new Galweather & Stearn.

10 pm Happy Endings (ABC) | In “Kickball 2: The Kickening” — aka the “lost” episode from Season 2 — Alex convinces almost everyone (save for traitor Jane) to play on the kickball team her store is sponsoring for a city tournament. Get scoop on the episode (as given to us, like, seven months ago!).

10:30 pm Californication (Showtime) | Season 6 premiere: Charlie and Hank meet rocker Atticus Fetch, who wants to turn Hank’s book (well, actually the movie of Hank’s book) into a musical.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

1. Superhero says:

Very happy to have Shameless and Girls back.

2. adam says:

what the hell tv! downton, girls, good wife, globes, shameless, and revenge all on at once?! my tivo can only record two things at once, give me a break!

• jackie2830 says:

I hear ya…..we can only do 2 as well. I do Good Wife & Downton………..I watched, then fell asleep on Globes. However, can’t you watch the others on On Demand [I do] + HBO runs their shows @ several dif times/days. Come on girl…..do a little better planning ;)

3. Nicole says:

Golden Globes
    Revenge

4. Gilda says:

Once upon a time!

5. Andy says:

OUAT, Revenge, and The Mentalist

6. Kevin says:

Shameless and Girls in the same time slot…..I’ll probably have to watch Shameless and catch Girls later.

7. Britta Unfiltered says:

Golden Globes! I feel pretty secure I know what’s going to happen in all the TV categories (except those pesky supporting categories), but I am really perplexed as to what’s going on with the film awards this year. I keep changing my picks around. I finally saw Argo tonight so now I can be just as stunned as the rest of the world as to why the Oscars snubbed Affleck. I hope he wins tonight, he deserves it. I am also excited for Shameless and Girls, but I wish all these shows had waited a week to premiere or taken a week off. I can’t believe they’re trying to compete with the Golden Globes. My DVR can only handle so much, so I’ll be searching online for a lot of stuff on Monday. Go Seahawks!

8. Levi Junk says:

Golden Globes, Girls, and Enlightened. Going to be a great night!

9. SJ says:

Oh, wow… Once, Revenge, Happy Endings, Apartment 23, Good Wife, Girls, House of Lies. May also sneak a peek at the Golden Globes, because I love Amy and Tina.

10. ollie says:

all abc

11. JJ says:

Yay Shameless is back!!!

12. Adam Bramble says:

Shameless and Once Upon A Time.

13. Leslie says:

Once & Downton!

14. Dead says:

Girls is so…mediocre. I don’t understand the enthusiasm. It’s not funny, or insightful, or groundbreaking, or even notable. When something isn’t entertaining at all, it should at least be doing something important. There is nothing important about Girls.

• Joanna says:

I hear what you’re saying. That’s also considering I watched it from day 1, only because it was a new show that followed something I was watching on showtime (Not cause of the hype, there was none). Also due to the fact that showtime is an extra channel so I try to give those shows a chance. I lasted 2 episodes before I gave up on the live viewing, and 2 more using OnDemand. All that being said, every point you mention is correct. There is nothing there. Besides all the jokes on her nudity, I felt it was a cheap ploy to keep viewers (and her man), and was not necessary. House of Lies blows this out of the water, that’s with 25% of the push given to this Appatow derivative.

• Matt Smith says:

Agree. I want entertainment, like Californication. Goofy, not real. Other world. Not show about my generation, bitching about everything.

15. Sarah H says:

Enlightened and Shameless! This is a good day.

16. forwarddad says:

FOOTBALL

17. Brandy says:

Once Upon a Time

18. TheDude says:

Yes. They are finally airing last season’s Extra episode….Kickball 2: The Kickening tonight, Been looking forward to it for months now…..as well as a new DTtBiA23.

19. Alan says:

yay golden globes, time to give awards to the wrong people again. i really hate awards season.
    somebody get kristen bell out of house of lies and give her a show to headline, please

20. sara says:

Excited to see what Marty and the pod will do with all the changes this season!

21. Jake says:

I wish abc would not run originals against the awards shows, this is what weakened housewives

22. Lucy says:

TINA + AMY
    TGW ( Elsbeth is back! Can’t wait to see her!)
    OUAT

23. NCIS on Friday 11th January. I would have thought after such a long wait between series 9 and series 10 there would have been a better follow up of what actually happened. I felt there was something missing, please don’t get me wrong I actually really like this programme, but I think they could have added a bit more to the show.

24. Rebecca says:

Shameless, Girls & DVR Golden Globes, only watching for Tina & Amy.

25. bobbie says:

I love Carrie Preston! What an awesome character they have her play on The Good Wife. Just perfect for her. She does it so well.
    Once, Revenge, also.
    Perhaps The Golden Globes later, to fast-forwarding to and from Tina and Amy’s spots.

26. Anna says:

Golden Globes

OUAT and Revenge I’ll catch on ABC.com

27. daniel says:

Watching the Globes and then DVRing everything else. I miss when networks aired reruns during the Globes.

28. Angie says:

Shameless, Girls & House of Lives. Yes! 3 of my faves.