CBS Summer Schedule: Under the Dome Drama, a Bigger Brother and Unforgettable Season 2

CBS Summer Schedule 2013CBS revealed its summer line-up on Saturday at the Television Critics Association’s winter press tour in Pasadena, and it includes new seasons of returning series as well as an ambitious take on a Stephen King novel.

Under the Dome, a 13-episode, yet-to-be-cast drama based on King’s 1,000-plus-page best-seller and produced by Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment, will kick of CBS’ summer slate on Monday, June 24, at 10/9c. Under the Dome tells the story of a small town that is inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by a transparent dome, and subsequently subject to The Simpsons movie comparisons post-apocalyptic conditions.

RELATED | CBS Boss Talks Angus T. Jones Kerfuffle, HIMYM‘s Renewal, Jennifer Esposito’s Blue Exit

Big Brother‘s annual run will be expanded this year, launching two weeks earlier than usual on Wednesday, June 26, at 9 pm. BB will air Tuesdays at 9 (beginning July 2), serve up a live eviction show on Wednesdays at 9 (with the first ouster happening July 3), and Sundays at 8.

RELATED | CBS’ Unforgettable Shakes Up Cast for Season 2 — Who Is Definitely Returning?

Poppy Montgomery’s Unforgettable, which last spring did not make CBS’ cut but later got plucked from the ashes (albeit with a rejiggered cast), premieres Season 2 on Sunday, July 28, at 9 pm.

A previously announced (and presumably to-be-retitled!) adaptation of the hit UK cooking competition The Great British Bake-Off premieres Wednesday, May 29, at 8 pm.

1. Aleksa says:

Under the Dome is not even cast, and they’re shooting for June? That’s ambitious of them.

2. TMW says:

Very interesting about BB15 starting 2 weeks earlier and that its live eviction will be on Wednesdays this time.

3. Billy says:

I think since its going to be expanded this year Big Brother is going to be an all star or “celebrity” season because they wouldn’t waste all that air time on just a house full of newbies who might not be that popular or fun to watch…I would love either once of those seasons but I’m rooting for a celebrity season because watching Lance Bass fight a Real Housewife of some city for HOH would be a really fun and stupid summer show lol

• Ed says:

My thought exactly. Didn’t they start All Stars early so we the fans can vote for who we want back?

• Billy says:

I looked it up…they announced the cast early for the first all-stars season but it was actually the second shortest season ever…but I’m still sticking by my idea of an all-star or celebrity season this year though

4. catwalk73 says:

Under the Dome already casts Homer, Marge, Bart and Lisa. LOL

5. Buddy says:

How long is Unforgettable’s second season? If it starts the end of July won’t it very easily run into the Fall?

• Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com says:

At 13 episodes (per “plucked from the ashes” link above), yes, it’d theoretically run into mid-October.

6. Alienate says:

Under the Dome scares me. Everything Spielberg touches on TV is CRAP.

• Jason says:

The Stand was great. It was Great. Golden Years was excellent. Storm Of The Century was good.

There were definitely some3 crap though. The Tommyknockers was horrible. The Shining was pretty bad. Rose MAdder was unwatchable.

7. Adam Bramble says:

Under The Dome was an amazing book. I hope it translate better to tv then Bag of Bones (which was actually a good book). The thing about the simpson movie is so ridiculous Under The Dome was actually from an early draft that Stephen King was writing on in the 1970’s or 80’s. And dude have have you ever watched Band of Brothers or Falling Skies. I think your full of crap.

8. Adam Bramble says:

Stephen Spielberg and Stephen King are the best at what they do. :)

9. Alan says:

not even cast and it has a debut date, thats ridiculous and a recipe for a rushed disaster. at least wait till you cast something before scheduling it

10. Amanda says:

Cannot wait for Unforgettable!!

11. Sarah says:

So excited for Unforgettable! We’ve been waiting for so long already…

12. Renee says:

If Kevin Rankin will not be on Unforgettable then I won’t watch.

13. Really hope that Under the Dome is well casted! I wish Elizabeth Mitchell were available to play Julia Shumway, and someone like Joshua Jackson as Dale. I don’t know. This has the potential to be really great, or really disastrous.

• Xearo says:

Oh Duuuuude! Now I really want those two to be Julia and Barbie :)

• hildastic says:

She would be great! When reading it I envisioned Thomas Jane in the lead role. Regardless, with no cast and a June release I really hope it’s the “Great” vs. “Disastrous.”

14. Billy says:

I loved Unforgettable but are they going to show some repeats of the show before it premieres because I need a refresher on what happened since it will have been over a year since I last saw it…

15. Scott says:

Yes!! Big Brother 2 weeks early: Agree that it will be an AllStars! Can’t wait :). And Under The Dome looks really fantastic!

16. Roz11 says:

I found Unforgettable very boring and umplausible. The main actress had funny mouth that really upsetted me, so I stopped watching. Kevin Rankin was the best thing about it and he’s not coming back, so I won’t be watching. Nope!

17. Josh says:

Cant wait for a longer Big Brother and the return of Unforgetable!

18. jonathon says:

i loved the book and am reading it again before this premieres, really hope the show does it justice but cable probably would have been better.

19. verver says:

No mention of Dogs in the City? I thought it had respectable summer ratings last year.