TVLine Items: Cryptic Thrones Promo, AMC Alum to Army Wives, Mike Tyson Visits SVU and More

If creepy, three-eyed ravens tickle your fancy, the new Game of Thrones teaser is sure to be a hit.

The cryptic spot takes place outside of the fantastical world of Westeros and touts one major tease about the HBO drama’s third season (premiering March 31): “Their world returns to ours.”

RELATED | Game of Thrones Super-Sizes Season 3 – What Could Fill the Extra Minutes?

Watch the promo below, then hit the comments with your Thrones thoughts.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

All My Children alum Jesse McCartney has booked a recurring role in Army Wives‘ seventh season, The Hollywood Reporter reports. He’ll play Private Tim Truman, a young soldier gearing up for his first deployment.

RELATED | Army Wives Exclusive: Major Character Getting Killed Off Amid Season 7 Shake-Up

• Law & Order: SVU has cast Mike Tyson and Ed Asner in an upcoming episode, per Deadline. The infamous boxer will play a murderer on death row, while Mary Tyler Moore‘s former boss visits as someone involved in his investigation.

ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Thursday night drew its best numbers yet since moving to 11:35 pm: a total of 3.17 million viewers, with 1.24 mil landing in the 18-49 sweet spot (besting both Jay Leno and David Letterman in the demo).

Meredith Vieira is stepping down as host of Who Wants to be a Millionaire after 11 seasons, Reuters confirms. She’ll remain on the air through May, with a new host stepping in this fall.

TBS has given the green light to two new unscripted series: Deal With It, a hidden-camera prank show from exec producer Howie Mandel; and Trust Me, I’m a Game Show Host, a comedic game show from producer Mark Burnett.

• CBS has given a pilot order to a new single-camera comedy from Jim Gaffigan (My Boys). The potential series would star the comedian as a happily married (and harried) New York father of five — just as he is in real life.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (11)

• I can’t wait anymore for GoT to come back. Bring it back now. Today. Right now. Thank you.

Comment by Jon – January 11, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want it too but I’m already nervous about the red wedding.

Comment by Russ – January 11, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too, I don’t think I’m ready to watch that. Just listening to The rains of Castemere gives me the chills.

Comment by MJ – January 11, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Got a feeling the Red Wedding will be in Season 4, could be wrong

Comment by Jay2013 – January 11, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not specific, but SPOILERS just in case someone wants to read into this:

Knowing how they did the pilot, I believe the red wedding and the subsequent follow up of what happens to members of said wedding will close out season three.

Comment by Ryan – January 11, 2013 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Agreed. Although the red wedding is past the middle of the third book I think it will be the season finale of season 3. They have already said book 3 will be two seasons. There isn’t a lot of major stuff leading up to that event, but so much of what happens after will need an entire season of it’s own.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – January 12, 2013 01:14 AM PDT
  • I wonder why the casting Agents got Tyson to come onto SVU, considering he raped someone.. It’s odd

Comment by icywinter2 – January 11, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unless that was a rumor, but still being that this is SVU.. I Don’t know…

Comment by icywinter2 – January 11, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is still on the air?!
    I am pretty excited for the Jim Gaffigan sitcom. Single-camera on CBS? Wow! Color me impressed.

Comment by Eric – January 11, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see the feminists wank over Mike Tyson on SVU.

Comment by Miss – January 11, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • gosh this promo is confusing. hopefully non-book readers wouldn’t think the setting’s actually coming to “our world.” ugh… BUT I absolutely adore the rains of castamere song! so haunting!!!

Comment by Jess – January 12, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post