Fox Orders Andy Samberg Comedy Pilot from Parks and Recreation Creator

ASambergFox has given a pilot order to a cop comedy from Parks and Recreation co-creator Mike Schur and executive producer Dan Goor, starring Saturday Night Live alum Andy Samberg.

RELATED | Seth Rogen to Swing by The Mindy Project

The untitled single-camera project revolves around a diverse group of detectives in a precinct at the very edge of New York City. Samberg, who also serves a producer, will play the lead investigator.

It marks Fox’s first pilot order for the 2012-2013 TV season.

1. Superhero says:

I’ll watch anything that Schur does. Just hope this doesn’t result in a decline in the quality of Parks and Recreation, assuming it’s renewed.

2. Teag says:

I’ll give it a try. It should be Hot Rod: The TV Show. I’d watch the crap out of that.

• Eric says:

That should would be too legit. It would be too legit. It would be too legit to quit.

• ElKabong says:

Want Hot Rod:The TV Show?

Just watch 30 minutes of Hot Rod (The Movie) every week.

Sure, it’d be repetitive, but I’m assuming anybody that’s brain-dead enough to have thought Hot Rod was anything remotely close to a good movie probably wouldn’t notice.

3. Eric says:

The involvement of Mike Schur and Andy Samberg assures that I will watch, assuming the show goes to series. I’m quite excited to see it.

4. Jane says:

How about we just agree that Parks and Rec is amazing and keep that show on for another 5 years and have everyone in the country start watching it and it become the biggest hit ever because its awesome. k thnx.

• Superhero says:

I’m actually pretty happy with where it is commercially. It’s successful enough to have a perfectly healthy run and get the opportunity to end its story on its own terms (I’m guessing, given NBC’s current position, that it will get one more season), but not successful enough that they’ll keep on milking it until long after it’s outstayed its welcome.

5. Chuck Finley (AJ) says:

Andy Samburg is not, and has not ever been funny. I think they are probably overestimating how many brain dead potheads own a TV and would be able to remember to watch.

• James says:

I’m not braindead nor a Pothead and I think Andy Samberg is funny, it’s crude comedy for the sake of comedy which can be funny. I equally enjoy the more ‘high-brow’ comedy such as ‘Have I Got News For You’ – each to their own.

If you don’t like it/him then don’t watch it/him.