Glee-ful Spoilers on Finchel, Santana, 'An Unlikely Duo,' a 'Breakout Performance' and 'Naked' Men

Get More: Glee, Previews, Scoop

Glee Season 4 SpoilersYou asked, the Glee stars answered.

Prior to swinging by Fox’s party at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena, TVLine invited you to tweet us your questions for the cast. Without the slighest bit of further ado, here is what Lea Michele, Naya Rivera and others shared about what’s still ahead in Season 4, resuming Jan. 24.

RELATED | Exclusive: Check Out Glee‘s ‘Surprising’ New Look! Plus: New Photos

Any hints/anticipations on the #Glee episode “Diva,” especially on Santana’s role and Brittana? –@cameoloverx
Though she wouldn’t let slip any specific song titles, Naya Rivera told me “I get to sing three songs in ‘Diva,’ which is a big episode for Santana” — though she is not the one and only focus of the title. “There are a lot of divas in the episode!” she laughed. Rivera also said Santana will take on a Tina Turner tune and soon share “big, exciting news.” On the romantic front, “She’s still trying to deal with the fact that Brittany and Sam are now dating,” Rivera shared. “That’s where her head’s at.”

Will we find out why exactly Tina and Mike broke up? And if they will get back together? –@lindseyannexo
“That’s a good question,” Harry Shum Jr. nodded “We’re only halfway through [the season], so I’m sure we’ll find out a little more.” In the meantime, it sounds like Tina might give Mike (and/or any other gentleman callers) a lot to think about on Feb. 7. “Jenna Ushkowitz has an insane number in ‘Diva,’” raves castmate Becca Tobin, who plays Kitty. “It’s like her breakout performance of Season 4. She kills it.”

RELATED | Fox Boss Weighs In on Glee‘s Future, Renewal Talks

Can you ask if Finn and Rachel have any scenes coming up together? –@blakeandcory
When I asked Lea Michele, who like the others is in the midst of shooting Episode 13 aka “Diva,” if she and Cory Monteith had shot any scenes together yet, she reported, “Not yet — but hopefully soon!”

Is there any hope for Finchel fans? –@vkaro21
If the above quote didn’t deflate your sails enough, you may not want to read the following. (Or maybe you will, depending on how you wish to spin it.) “There are some really interesting Brody-and-Rachel shockers coming,” Michele shared. When I asked if said “shockers” will put Finchel fans even more on edge, she would only say: “Well, that’s the exciting thing about the show — it’s like a rollercoaster.”

Can we hope to see some of the “old” cast join Lea [Michele] and Chris [Colfer] in NYC? –@jinayg
Rivera, with a big (and oh-so-lovely) smile, hinted that Santana “maybe” will also make the move to the Big Apple. “It’s a strong possibility.”

Any news on Season 4 stories/arcs? –@ShowThemWhat
As in, what did I hear that didn’t fall into any of the above topics? Melissa Benoist said things are looking “much more hopeful” for Marley as she deals with her eating disorder, while on the romantic front the newbie will need to “step up her game and show Jake how much she cares about him.” Perhaps to that end, Benoist will tackle “a Christina Perri song that I absolutely love” and “is romantic. Very romantic.”
The first new episode back, “Sadie Hawkins,” was a hot topic for others. Vanessa Lengies said the girl-asks-guy dance “starts off rough” for Sugar, though “she really turns it around, finds herself and she asks who she wants in the end.” Kitty, meanwhile, will zero in on one fella after spending the first half of the season shopping around. “She usually does the ‘Flavor of the Week’ thing, but there’s a strong flavor at Sadie Hawkins,” Tobin told me. “I think people are going to like it. It’s an unlikely duo.”
Lastly, Episode 12, “Naked,” focuses on the guys as they get involved in “a little fundraiser fun for the glee club,” Tobin teased. “It’s very much about the boys getting buff and tanned and bronzed…. Chord [Overstreet, as Sam] really spearheads the ‘beefcake’ number, and it’s pretty hilarious.”

Want more scoop on Glee, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (257)

• ok are we gonna see a major good mash-up soon with my favorite characters rachel, santana, and mercedes. And is Quinn not gonna get in trouble for dating a married man???!!!

Comment by Patricia Gary – January 11, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like kitty, i don’t like brody and I don’t like unique anymore she is annoying as hell… Butttt I love the show I think if there is a season 5 then the show will stay on the same path. We’ve spent 3 years in the same setting with the same idea of ‘highschool’ behind it… Off course it’s a bit all over the place just now but that’s cause they have 45mins to show everyone!

Comment by Naomi – January 12, 2013 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok I’m tired of hearing crap about all of these Blaine solos… He hasn’t had a SOLO since ep. 7, and he and Sam are the only male NDs who are actually really good, Artie is up there, but his voice is kinda annoying IMO. Darren is a very good actor, he was on Broadway for gods sake, and it really isn’t the “Blaine show” anymore. It’s the Finn and Marley/Jake/Ryder show. None of which are very good actors. Rachel isn’t Rachel anymore, she’s Lea, Cassandra is bland, and the Hummelberry friendship feels forced. Which is sad because those are the only instances where we get Kurt. Bram is my male/female OTP, but the relationship somehow ruins the characters… Heather Morris can’t sing and her acting skills are mediocre. I hope Brittana never get back together and, for Finn’s sake, I hope Finchel stays apart… Klaine-my OTP-needs to talk more before humping each others bones at the Wemming… I know I’m ranting, but that’s what everyone does on here…

I know I’m going to get hate, but oh well, this is my opinion. Oh and I share the “new kids need to go” sentiment

Comment by MJ323 – January 13, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No hate for you! Totally agree with everything you said. People have to stop comparing voices, voices fit different genres. I would love to hear Darren sing a britpop song, but Kevin? No thanks, he should stick to MJ etc.
      The focus is too much on couples. I can’t think of a single normal friendship, except Blam, that has been around for more than 3-4 episodes. Kurtcedes? Died. Hummelberry, painful and annoying to watch to see Rachel dictating Kurt. It just looks like there are too many songs in one episode to fit stoylines in as well. 7 songs is TOO MUCH. That’s a halve episode. Make it 3 songs and add some conversations, goddamnit.

Comment by Daf – January 15, 2013 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blaine is not like Rachel who thrives on attention. As mentioned in season 2, Blaine just expresses himself better through songs. Even when he won the title as the new Rachel, he immediately and gladly relinquish that to Marley. As evident this season, he may have a storyline but so do most of other cast members. There are a number of episodes in which he is also in the background and only sang as part of a group number. So, definitely this season is far from being the “Blaine show” nor is he an attention whore. Unfortunately, there are Darren/Blaine haters out there who are just loud, obnoxious and vile trying to defame the actor.

The new kids definitely are being put on the front this season, as part of the PTB strategy which makes sense, since they will need to carry the McKinley side once the seniors graduate, if the McKinley side is to thrive next season. I do feel bad for the new kids trying to fit in into the show with an already successful ensemble. Unlike others, I try to be understanding and be open-minded as I can imagine myself being in their shoes. Considering what they are given, they are not too bad at all.

Comment by Leslie – January 16, 2013 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with your post.

Comment by kay – January 30, 2013 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Santana dose need a new girlfriend i mean if brit. has moved on than why can she
    ill aways love britana and hope to see them together but she needs to see how life would be like witout her(brit)

Comment by marie. – January 13, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s hear it for Sugar!!! whoot!

Comment by Maxim – January 14, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sugar motta whooo

Comment by Rose – January 14, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just wish they’d bring back Finchel. Glee hasn’t been enjoyable without them.

Comment by Simone – January 14, 2013 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The biggest problem with this season is too many story lines now. Yes i know we have to move on from the orgional cast but when you get like six new people it makes it hard to keep up and thats why alot of people are not tuning in this season. They really shoukd have focused more on the seniors like they did last year and less one the new ones. I mean seriously they are giving more screen time to wade than tina .tina is one of the last orgional glee members left aside from arite and even he is getting more than her. And bring rory back he won the frist glee project not wade or joe yes they all onebin some way but he really won. Oh and one last thing they could havr at least let them go to regionals this year just for the seniors. Just a thought .

Comment by maggie – January 14, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All that this world needs is a little bit of klaine and brittana love to warm their hearts, who cares about some stupid finchel kissing. NEWSFLASH: don’t watch glee when you’re an homophobe because this show is more gay then a diamond studded rainbow. Let the gay youth have their favourite show, overflow it with brittana and klaine instead of this stupid whale sucking on a beautiful closeted girl that really just wants to be in her faberry relationship.
    Glee writers: get your act together and write us some nice gay television.

Comment by Rose – January 14, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As much as I agree with you. Don’t you think that’s a little, crazy. The show is about diversity, not an obsession with “gay” television lol ;)
      Though it wouldn’t be horrible at all.

Comment by cinemafreak92 – January 14, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is the diva off ? That is the best part of the whole season. They should do one between tina wade .

Comment by maggie – January 14, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s so totally Kitty and Artie. I thought it when they were together at the end of the episode where they sung in the snow.

Comment by Elena – January 14, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to see Kitty in jail after her bullying.

Comment by W Palmer – January 14, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If only We could all just yell at the writers for the lack of imagination!
    Before season four, everyone thought. What’s goin to happen after graduation;
    I ALWAYS believed that after graduation the writers should have just sent the story line years after. With this, it wold have kept most of the cast and open so much more stories for the ORIGINAL cast (as we like to call them). We would have had so much shockers. As in, what if finn and rachel did get married and she gave up everything for him (drama for losing her dream, leaves him to pursue them), blaine and kurt living seperate lives (flashbacks in what happene to them, signs of a possible crosspaths abd getting back together). I can keep going…
    Just because the show started as a Glee club in High School, doesn’t mean it has to be the next degrassi (who even watches that; THAT is the future of glee if it stays that way) IMO, it should pursue to be the next One Tree Hill, but better, in order to be remembered and live just as long as that show an so many others did.
    Yes, this would mean the new comers would never have existed but, I think we can all live with that.
    The future of Glee could still be bright. If they leave the hs life out and go on to gollege, career, future family and what not!
    (Sorry for the length)

Comment by cinemafreak92 – January 14, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s my puckelberry?!

Comment by mel – January 14, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finches sucks! Huckleberry rocks!!

Comment by Puckleberry.rules.Finchel.sucks. – January 14, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lol!

Comment by mel – January 14, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Finches sucks! Huckleberry rocks!!

Comment by Puckleberry.rules.Finchel.sucks. – January 14, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But brittany and sam are married the last time I checked on the eposide where the apocolyps happened they got married correct me if I am wrong

Comment by Tyler y – January 14, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it wasn’t a real marriage

Comment by el – January 14, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching with TBU and I won’t start watching again until Klaine are back together. And Bram should break up, put Brittany back with Santana and treat their relationship with respect (Klaine’s too for that matter this season has been terrible for both). And can Rachel please have a story about her career and dream and not some boring guy, and not some girl who is mean to her because she’s jealous of her talent?
    I will probably like most of the music from Diva though (especially Santana, Blaine, and Tina’s solos), and here’s hoping for a Sugar story and Kitty/Joe hook up (because that would be unexpected!)

Comment by Kay – January 14, 2013 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss the Finchel scenes soooo much! I cried when they broke up and I want to cry everytime an episode ends without just one Finchel scene :’(
    I really want them to get back together soon<3
    Finchel forever<3
    Mochele forever<3

Comment by Iluusa – January 14, 2013 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And look at the pitiful characters they made of Joe and Rory – those guys are talented singers..a little direction and acting lessons would have been a better “Prize” than what they got.

Comment by Betty – January 14, 2013 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like where Brittana is at. It’s an interesting turn for their relationship. Hopefully it will strengthen and deepen their connection and they’ll realize what most of us already know…that they are meant for each other. Although in saying that I also believe that loving someone doesn’t necessarily mean you have to be with them. Santana only wants Britt to be happy & if that’s good enough for her it’s good enough for me. It’s strange seeing Santana being so selfless. She sacrificed their relationship for Britts happiness. Wow.

Comment by DKJ – January 14, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by DKJ – January 14, 2013 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is Jesse st james going to make an appearance? I wanna see him and Rachel get together while he visits the big Apple or something!

Comment by rachel – January 14, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee is a big train wreck that I only watch for Chris, Lea, Cory, and the adults (Jane, Matt, Mike O’Malley, Dot Marie). Glee started a slow nosedive mid season two when they started picking songs that would sell on iTunes instead of songs that enhanced the storylines.

None of the newbies are setting the Glee world on fire, and the McKinley end of the story is basically just retelling the same stories that were told in season one and two by stronger actors.

The cast of this show is so big that there is no way that they can do justice to anyones story anymore. There just isn’t enough time to tell the stories of a cast this big.

Glee needs to completely drop McKinley and all the newbies. They need to find away to get Will and Sue situated in the New York end. They need to have the characters defined by their life experiences, and not by their love life. Klaine should never get back together, and Kurt should be given a love interest portrayed by an actor who is strong enough to act opposite Chris (I think half the people who want Klaine back together just want them back together because Darren Criss gets more screen time when he is opposite Chris).

Glee also needs to tight up the cast have primary focus be on no more than four or five people (and those four to five people should be Chris, Lea, Cory, Matt, and Jane), with the rest being used as supporting actors for the big five. Glee needs to stop pushing poor to mediocre actors into the big storylines on the show and start using those actors to support the big five.

Comment by JJ – January 14, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not really a die hard Klaine fan but when I see the two of them together on screen, their chemistry is so undeniable. I don’t understand your statement that Darren is not strong enough to act opposite Chris. Their onscreen scenes and romance would not have worked if they could not act well opposite each other. I lauded on their pairing since Season 2 and beyond because their scenes are just so amazing together. You could tell that they play off each other so well. For me, Darren has a more challenging role playing a gay guy since he is straight in real life while Chris does not really need to act as one. Darren has to draw his “gay” acting skills and knowledge from his performance theater days with gay actors. He surely draws me in to watch him portray Blaine as a gay guy, on top of that, a very deeply troubled and emotional character (not a lot of straight guys who took on gay roles can act so comfortable and believable being an emotional gay the way Darren does with the character Blaine). If anything else, Darren’s portrayaI of Blaine being totally in love with Kurt was applauded and acknowledged by everyone including the reviewers and even some of the haters.

From what I could tell from people who does not want Klaine back is because they’re afraid that Blaine will overshadow Kurt again and Kurt will lose out on other things (such as play roles, solos) if they get back together. But isn’t that what ‘s happening in the NY scenes with Kurt being Rachel’s puppet and his story being intertwined with Rachel most of the time? That’s why a lot of Kurt’s stans aren’t too happy as well. How about the Blaine’s stans also leery of Blaine having to walk on thin ice or think twice or ask Kurt’s permission going for a play role in case Kurt’s feelings get hurt. They are both talented and yet very competitive. Unfortunately, their career goals lie on the same path and could be the cause of the downfall of their relationship and not because of a third party.

Comment by Leslie – January 15, 2013 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you totally.

Comment by kay – January 30, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think we are all forgetting this is about a high school Glee club. When you graduate you move on. Having the old class come back as guests would be interesting. Having the show change to work around them ruins the back bone of glee. This was thier chance to let the remaining cast move up and show us what they got. To bring more young talent in to try to make it against upper classman. They could have brought in new personalities with new storylines instead of recreating the cast that left and telling the same old stories. The music and talent is what brings me back to watch Glee each week however I find myself waiting to see some of the talent sit in the back ground hoping they will get to perfom for me this week. Tina, Joe, Artie and Unique are just as talented as the others if given equal song time. The new characters are nothing more than copies of the graduates which make the show double boring. Do the writers know how to write in new and exciting characters to make the show interesting and fun? Last year was the Rachal Berry show this year is about Blaine. What about seeing all of them show thier talent? How about if we clean up Joe Hart and cut off those dreads and make him into a new and improved Joe Hart?

Comment by Ryan Murphy fan – January 14, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re right the show STARTED as a high school glee club, with the STARTING students… The students! Are what made the show, therefore we watch it because of the characters the actors portrayed. Letting go of McKinley is whats best for the show.
      I understand what you’re saying. I just think keeping as a hs glee club is what is ruining it.

Comment by cinemafreak92 – January 14, 2013 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe you all should just stop watching the show if you hate it so much. I mean, you’re allowed to dislike aspects of the show and have opinions but many of you are actively insulting each other’s thoughts on nearly everything. Regardless of what you want, the writers are going to decide how it goes so there’s no point in bitching at each other.

Comment by Poop – January 14, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “bitching at each other” about the show shows how much we care about how it all goes down and if you don’t like fans “bitching at each other” then find something else to read other than our “bitching at each other”

Comment by Vivian – January 14, 2013 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um…..shipper? What? And don’t hate on Grey’s! Good grief. What they need is a spinoff that takes all the grads to NY. That way the interesting part of the show can continue and the little kids can still watch the high school version. Sort of like 90210 and MelrosePlace.

Comment by BA – January 14, 2013 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn has gotten really boring lately, and I don’t think Rachel and Kurt really fit into the show anymore. I’d like to see Rachel and Kurt spin-off next season and slow down with the drama between the high-schoolers and college students. It’s tasteless and really drags out everything and it sometimes gets confusing. I was a HUGE gleek, but I’m still waiting for my fandom to start up with this new season.

Comment by Vivian – January 14, 2013 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee is just not the same anymore! I know a lot of people got annoyed at Rachel for being the “main character” and getting all the screen time, but god, she is A LOT more interesting than marley.. I know that Finn and Rachel’s story line are different right now and there’s Brody(ugh) and everything (i heard Finn is getting a gf?!) but I really hope that they get back together someday! And I hope they have a really epic reunion, because that would just be so cute. And also Klaine. Klaine needs to get back together asap. Oh, and yeah, the writers better do something about the writing, maybe get actually interesting plot lines? That would be nice.

Comment by gleegleeglee67 – January 15, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get over it. It’s just a show lol. They don’t care about you and your comments. It is what it. In the end the show will end, the end.

Comment by Enzo – January 15, 2013 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG plzzzzzz bring finchel bac theyre the best couple by far on glee! I hate watching the episode wen they break up nd i absolutely HATE brody

Comment by Ellie – January 18, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m a true finchel fan but i really don’t know what to think because ever since finchel broke up i have not even watched the show and at the rate it’s going i’m starting to give up hope on finchel the only thing i do is read finchel fanfics or find out whats happening in the world of monchele lol

Comment by noro – January 30, 2013 02:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i really hope these rumours about finn getting a gf is not true nooooooooo & rachel & brody don’t like one bit ewwwwwww finchel 4 eva

Comment by noro – January 30, 2013 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by ELISHA – February 6, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate the new girl Marley. She is a huge character and it feels like the writers took all the old main characters and made them backdrops just for her. Marleys mom is fat. Marley has an eating disorder. Marley faints on stage. Marley writes music. Marley Marley Marley every episode. Every new character they have introduced had a small storyline that then went into a bigger one but Marleys character just doesn’t stop. I feel like all of my old glee favs are being replaced for one character and she has so much airtime that I don’t even know how to identify with any new people because I never see them. Marleys character needs to take a backseat for a few episodes.

Comment by Becki Kay Hannah – April 22, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thank you so much for the wonderful read through, i love
    women i know there pretty

Comment by therelationshipadviceblog.com – November 15, 2013 02:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post