Glee-ful Spoilers on Finchel, Santana, 'An Unlikely Duo,' a 'Breakout Performance' and 'Naked' Men

Glee Season 4 SpoilersYou asked, the Glee stars answered.

Prior to swinging by Fox’s party at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena, TVLine invited you to tweet us your questions for the cast. Without the slighest bit of further ado, here is what Lea Michele, Naya Rivera and others shared about what’s still ahead in Season 4, resuming Jan. 24.

RELATED | Exclusive: Check Out Glee‘s ‘Surprising’ New Look! Plus: New Photos

Any hints/anticipations on the #Glee episode “Diva,” especially on Santana’s role and Brittana? –@cameoloverx
Though she wouldn’t let slip any specific song titles, Naya Rivera told me “I get to sing three songs in ‘Diva,’ which is a big episode for Santana” — though she is not the one and only focus of the title. “There are a lot of divas in the episode!” she laughed. Rivera also said Santana will take on a Tina Turner tune and soon share “big, exciting news.” On the romantic front, “She’s still trying to deal with the fact that Brittany and Sam are now dating,” Rivera shared. “That’s where her head’s at.”

Will we find out why exactly Tina and Mike broke up? And if they will get back together? –@lindseyannexo
“That’s a good question,” Harry Shum Jr. nodded “We’re only halfway through [the season], so I’m sure we’ll find out a little more.” In the meantime, it sounds like Tina might give Mike (and/or any other gentleman callers) a lot to think about on Feb. 7. “Jenna Ushkowitz has an insane number in ‘Diva,'” raves castmate Becca Tobin, who plays Kitty. “It’s like her breakout performance of Season 4. She kills it.”

RELATED | Fox Boss Weighs In on Glee‘s Future, Renewal Talks

Can you ask if Finn and Rachel have any scenes coming up together? –@blakeandcory
When I asked Lea Michele, who like the others is in the midst of shooting Episode 13 aka “Diva,” if she and Cory Monteith had shot any scenes together yet, she reported, “Not yet — but hopefully soon!”

Is there any hope for Finchel fans? –@vkaro21
If the above quote didn’t deflate your sails enough, you may not want to read the following. (Or maybe you will, depending on how you wish to spin it.) “There are some really interesting Brody-and-Rachel shockers coming,” Michele shared. When I asked if said “shockers” will put Finchel fans even more on edge, she would only say: “Well, that’s the exciting thing about the show — it’s like a rollercoaster.”

Can we hope to see some of the “old” cast join Lea [Michele] and Chris [Colfer] in NYC? –@jinayg
Rivera, with a big (and oh-so-lovely) smile, hinted that Santana “maybe” will also make the move to the Big Apple. “It’s a strong possibility.”

Any news on Season 4 stories/arcs? –@ShowThemWhat
As in, what did I hear that didn’t fall into any of the above topics? Melissa Benoist said things are looking “much more hopeful” for Marley as she deals with her eating disorder, while on the romantic front the newbie will need to “step up her game and show Jake how much she cares about him.” Perhaps to that end, Benoist will tackle “a Christina Perri song that I absolutely love” and “is romantic. Very romantic.”
The first new episode back, “Sadie Hawkins,” was a hot topic for others. Vanessa Lengies said the girl-asks-guy dance “starts off rough” for Sugar, though “she really turns it around, finds herself and she asks who she wants in the end.” Kitty, meanwhile, will zero in on one fella after spending the first half of the season shopping around. “She usually does the ‘Flavor of the Week’ thing, but there’s a strong flavor at Sadie Hawkins,” Tobin told me. “I think people are going to like it. It’s an unlikely duo.”
Lastly, Episode 12, “Naked,” focuses on the guys as they get involved in “a little fundraiser fun for the glee club,” Tobin teased. “It’s very much about the boys getting buff and tanned and bronzed…. Chord [Overstreet, as Sam] really spearheads the ‘beefcake’ number, and it’s pretty hilarious.”

Want more scoop on Glee, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Alex says:

Santana needs to get a new girlfriend in New York. Hopefully one that she respects and doesn’t manipulate this time.

• Beth says:

I agree. I’ve always seen Santana with another head bitch in charge that will call her out on her BS and match her personality wise.

• kira says:

its like yin and yang,THEY ARE like yin and yang, so different from each other BUT!!! oh so perfect together, they are mean to be together …. brittana4ever i miss them so much .. but this days i feel like im the only one =(

• redtesha says:

i think britt is the best for santana right now ..
          but if new girl can make santana feel better, i think santana really can accept that ..
          poor brittana story, i hate sad story :(

• Rachel Helen says:

You are not!!! I completely agree, Brittana forever I have faith they will find their way back to one another

• Rosiema (Brittana Forever) says:

I Love Brittana! I Want Brittana! You’re not the only one.. In the beggining i watch Glee only for them! :D Sorry for bad english! :D

• Cassandra says:

I’ll drink to that!

• Amanda says:

Santana manipulated Brittany into cheating on her boyfriend because “the plumbing was different”. So she’s no angel.

• Kay says:

you are so right.

• Tia says:

Actually I wouldn’t be opposed to her being with HBIC Quinn haha. It still sucks for Brittana because of the double standards and the way Glee treated this fandom. They have no excuse for that. I would not be as upset as I am if Brittana had their story told (with screentime, respect and dialogues). But as it is, they got scraps, and that is not ok. So Santana having a new girlfriend at this point would feel like another punch in the guts IMO. Also, Sam need to disappear. Not only because of the stupidest triangle on tv, but because he’s becoming Finn-Blaine’s lovechild and he and Brittany become dumber by the minute together. They weren’t the brightest in the first place, but it’s become such a joke that I’ve skipped every episode since 4×06. Brody, the noobs, recycled storylines, it’s all pathetic. But Brittany and Sam? I swear, it makes me hate both characters, they’re ruining them. And I liked both of them.

• Stella says:

You know who I really wanna see? Sam and Quinn back together, Chord and Dianna have so much chemistry and they make such a cute couple! and the show needs more Puck and Santana

• puckleberry/fabrevans says:

I thought I was like one of the only ones who wanted Fabrevans/Quam back. And I have to agree with you on them showing more of Puck and Santana. Though with Puck coming back to Lima we’ll hopefully see more of him.

• Courtney says:

I think Sam and Britney are cute together, beside nothing can make Britney dumber she has been like that since the beginning, same with Sam… but at least he respects her,their relationship is much more sweeter then when she was with Santana.. Santana used her a lot, manipulated her and everything was always about Santana when it came to their relationship.. Britney’s character has been focused on more and seems better without Santana..

• kira says:

oh !! come on , they are to cute together and YES!! santana has been a TOTALLY bitch with britt and i agree that she SHOULD pay for it…. but they are just to cute to NOT be together ….. come on people where is the brittana love ? am i they only one ? =(

• tennessee says:

Santansa is smokin HOT. And Rachel has the most gorgeous legs.

• BRITTANA 4 FOREVER!!!!! YOU WATCH AND SEE THEY WILL GET BACK TOGETHER BY THE END OF SEASON IF NOT BEFORE..BRITTANY AND SANTANA ARE SOULMATES AND BELONG TOGETHER!

• redtesha says:

you are right, they are perfect for each other ..
        santana maybe a bitch or devil in the past (season 2) and manipulate britt so long long time, but that’s just she cant accept her feeling. when she already accept she’s different (lesbian for Lima is totally abnormal, and she’s catholic so of course it’s not easy for her) she treats britt with all her hearts and make britt likes a lady. can’t you all see that? being a lesbian/gay/transgender is not easy so please understand what santana feeling when she love britt with that situation.
        santana broke up with britt just for britt happiness and i think she already understand that’s wrong so she wanna get her britt back, that’s normal. you guys ever feel that when in high school right? just enjoy that movie.
        and i really wanna have brittana scene again, please ..
        do you read this, mr.ryan murphy? totally wanna kill you when i know sam-britt wedding.

• Enzo says:

Your the best ha ha loved every word that you typed even though I had to do some double takes lmao but there should be more people like you yes I remember high school well.

• Glee follower says:

I don’t know what glue people here are sniffing and I’m talking about the negatives. The cast mr. Murphy put together is fantastic the new comers are more talented over the originals. Don’t get me wrong I love the originals and wish they will remain on the show. Yes I’d like to see some couples get back together, time will tell, but by bashing and complaining about how bad the new glee members are is not going to help bring a season 5 or more and that’s not right because the show rocks. Not every episode is going to be to your liking or taste. Let glee if your a true fan you judge the series in a whole not over 2 or 3 characters.

• Courtney says:

It was really hard reading what you said, but there is no excuse for treating people like Santana did.. a relationship is about 2 people not just 1, she was super selfish relationships can’t work when it’s all about 1 person..and Britney loved her and she had a hard time at first too but she didn’t treat her or anyone else like crap, that’s bull they have a hard time but they are not selfish and manipulative about it.. no one should treat people like that period and what you said about Ryan at the end can be taken as a death threat and sounds insane..

• roseto8888 says:

Right now I love You.. :D BRITTANA FOREVER!!!!!! :D I missed our sweet lady kisses so much! (H)

• George Stalker101 says:

Santana will end up with Quinn.

• Chetterbob says:

Well, cant say I saw the Santana/Quinn thing happening. Oh the fan vids will be historical haha! Still not the right one though. Santana needs a hot ass bitch with an attitude me thinks :)

• Abbie says:

I think just like Kurt and Blaine they will get back together eventually, but in the meantime I think Santana deserves a little romance herself. After all Brittany is dating Sam, why can’t Santana be happy with someone else for a little while?

2. octopus says:

Just wondered if the writers mentioned anything about actually developing logical and consistent plot lines and appearances by some cast members that last longer than a cameo blink.

3. Jess says:

The lack of Cory and Lea scenes have 100% made me tune out since Glease. Whether Finchel was together or not, you could always count on their chemistry, longing looks and on par acting. It’s painful to watch Lea try to act opposite Dean. And it’s getting old watching her have only scenes with Chris (though fantastic was well)…

• It’s not that painful considering their chemistry is ridiculous. Maybe you just don’t want to see it (and I say that as a Finchel shipper).

• Michael says:

What would be even more boring…watching an unrealistic relationship between two people who need to find themselves before they, ultimately, find each other. I’d rather they explore things on their own instead of cheat on each other and break up every other week for one reason or another. I truly love Finn and Rachel together but they need to live their lives apart for a while. Some high school relationships last(my sister has been with her husband since 9th grade), but I’m not sure that would make for compelling TV.

• Courtney says:

that would be different then every relationship failing on tv, I have a great relationship with my hubs and enjoy being with him a lot, just wish there was 1 relationship that I can relate to and find sweet, instead of watching them cheat on each other , which is why I don’t care for her and brody either after he basically cheated on her with her teacher.. I see them doing the same thing too except at least they were kids in high school, brody and rachel are in college now can’t they be more grown up then that? tho sadly in real life you got fully grown adults cheating on each other too..

• Abbie says:

Don’t shoot me but I am a little tired of Finn and Rachel all the time. It doesn’t bug me when they are mentioned a little or a scene here and there, but I want to know more about this years seniors. We still don’t know anything about their graduation plans except that Blaine might try to get into N.Y.A.D.A with Kurt and Rachel. I think Rachel just needs to be single for a little while after all she and Brody just broke up and she thought she was pregnant and everything.

4. Nell says:

I hope Finn plans a move to NYC soon. It doesn’t even necessarily have to do with Finchel getting back together. Or anywhere else for that matter, he should get out of his old high school. Please have Finn think about his future plans and what he wants from life.

• lmolson says:

I would love to see Finn come to NY to visit Kurt, and be swept off his feet with an adorable “Voguette”… wonder what Rachel would think about that/???

5. Lainey says:

Santana in NY is a positive and hopefully dating someone new. The guys getting tanned and beefed up sounds hilarious. Bummer for FInchel fans about the Rachel/Brody stuff. As a Rachel fan I can see that SL is nothing more than a block for Finchel, but I know their fans see it as the end of the world. I was hoping Rachel would focus on herself, but instead we have her jumping into another relationship….yay. :/

• Tia says:

A girl? Being happy by herself with no white knight to save her (even a lesbian in the closet)? ON GLEE??

• StrainAsylum says:

Actually, Santana’s not in the closet…at least in Lima (possibly Ohio), following that campaign ad. I enjoy Naya’s performances, but Santana has almost as many mood/ideology swings as Quinn. Though I think Santana’s are more because she wants to be liked, but doesn’t know how to be likeable. I’d really like for her to find someone more mature and MAYBE a little more relatable as a lesbian? I’m less used to the lipstick scenario and have trouble relating to Santana because of that.

She can find that In NYC, please, with Kurt/Rachel and Mike & Mercedes, if we can…with Quinn, Finn & Puck visiting (sounds like a law firm-). I’m much more engaged by the NYC story possibilities and the somewhat more adult situations and very much love the veteran cast.

The newbies are kind of vanilla; I say that not intending any negativity, but as a personal opinion. The Lima set up was cool in “Glee Actually” and “Dynamic Duets” (which I expected to hate, but enjoyed as funny). The newcomers are talented performers, but only occasionally strike my interest. There are exceptions: Marley/WUnique have a very good chemistry and perform very well together. Ditto Kitty/Marley, though Kitty’s total disregard for other people’s feelings…/shakes head

Anyway, it’s just a TV show, albeit a good one, that I enjoy very much. Love the music, the teachers. Tolerate the 2 locale setup, since I keep to keep my Kurt/Rachel NYC setup and hope for them to get company. I’m liking the way the season is moving and the proposed storylines, so looking forward to S4 pt 2 (which hopefully will have FEWER interruptions).

• KellyG says:

Right there with you. I can’t get into this season at all, no matter how hard Lea tries to promote the show with these trial teasers. Rachel and now Kurt in NY is so slow moving to the point of a snails pace. Finn in high school still is a bore to me. Finn the new Mr Schue is at odds with Sue-so done before. A very tired storyline there. Now, Rachel has odds with a unrelenting Cassie-a very tired and repetitive storyline to me. Brody is a stall to Finchel as was Finn getting back with Quinn in season 2. A very tired and repetitive storyline. If Santana returns and does go to NY, I hope that she will clean up all the quagmire that is in NY stories. I hope she brings back the fun and humor that is really lacking in NY. This season is a bore. Glee needs Santana and Puck desperately.

• Shellbabes says:

I could not agree with KellyG more! Santana and Puck need more air time and Finn as the new Shue is just….. done.

• Steph says:

I’ve really liked most of this season and LOVE the NYC segments. Perhaps patience to watch the storylines develop is a good thing. Looking forward to seeing Kurt’s new LI (man, is his voice DEEP), but not so very thrilled with the Rachel/Brody thing. He’s nice, but no chemistry, just nice beefcake (sorry, Dean). Looking forward to seeing Santana in NYC & wish Mike & Mercedes would get there, too. Finn is not a a big-city person, sorry; Lima with Puck & Co works well, so we can keep seeing him & hopefully the newbies will grow on us. So far, mostly the WUnique/Marley singing chem (though Kitty/Marley did well…if Kitty can trim her claws & grow a soul). I’m guessing the unlikely duo for Kitty might actually be Artie… At the courtyard reunion & before on stage, Kitty was walking with Artie. And can’t wait for Jenna’s number, been waiting for her to get some airtime. Kicked it well with “Gangnam Style”, but let’s have a killer number :) Though the target of her number is a bit odd /shrug

Guess I’m more easy going, since I’m not on any particular “ship” and just appreciate young, talented performers. So, am looking forward to seeing how it goes.

• puckleberry/fabrevans says:

i agree that Rachel needs to be by herself for a little bit because honestly she hasn’t really had that. Even in season 1 she was being tricked and manipulated by Finn, dating Jesse, dating Puck, or trying to date Finn. Rachel just needs time by herself to grow as a person and be able to give everything in herself to NYADA and her dreams.

• George Stalker101 says:

Santana will die in the end of Season 4. But before she dies she will have children with Brittany. Quinn will get run over, FINALLY!!!!!!!

6. Jess says:

I’m literally embarrassed that Cory is stuck acting against these terrible newbies and anchoring the Lima portion. I just saw stills from the Sadie episode with Finn sitting in the locker room with the new cast. How awkward is that???? His story line SUCKS!

• D says:

Well Cory is a terrible actor anyway.

• idgaf about any of them but lbr says:

lol seriously

• Kay says:

mte, I love him…..but he can’t act.

• Finn says:

I tend to trust actual judges of these things, such as Times respected reviewer, or Todd Van der weff of AV Club or Geoff Berkshire. Comments like “monteith killed it” “cory monteith’s acted the hell out of it” “monteith showed such a range of emotion” about scenes in the finale of season 3 or The Break Up. Do your homework or remove shipper bias.

• Finchel fan says:

Lea Michele’s latest scenes with brody show how flat things fall if you don’t have an actor of the calibre of Cory Monteith. Together they have moved people to tears as Finchel, every week there are TT’s about them. That comes from great acting that conveys the feeling of young people in love, in pain etc. keeping them apart has literally wrecked the chances of this show recovering.

• Finchel Fan, Twilight gets TTs all the time. Are you saying they’re also great actors that bring people to tears?

• Chris says:

Cory is one of the most underrated actors in this cast. Well, not quite underrated by some of the critics as I have seen them praise his acting so many times.

• Anna says:

Good faberry… I mean, joke.

• KellyG says:

We’ve been watching different shows then. Cory is one of the best ones of the show.

• Finchel fan says:

An actor’s job is to connect with the audience, to convey identifiable emotions. The devotion of fans, the emotion of the train scene, the TT’s are evidence of that connection. That doesn’t happen by chance. Never seen twilight to judge.

• sv says:

And ridiculous comment of the day goes to ……… ding ding ding, “D”. You cannot be serious, he single-handedly saved entire episodes of this show with just a perfectly-timed line here and there. Like or hate Finn, you can’t possibly have a problem with Cory’s talent, a sentiment many high-profile critics will back up.

• D says:

Clearly you’re watching a different show. Cory has not saved this show. He has yet another crappy storyline that tries to paint Finn as the alpha male that saves everyone when he makes things worst. Get off your shipper horse and actually watch. In fact he’s gotten worst since last season. Lea & Chris have been saving the show not Medicore Montieth. (Don’t really give a crap if I spelt that wrong). Also this fandom trends stuff for the hell of it so no that isn’t a testimate to anyone’s acting skill.

• R says:

lol “D” you bias is showing. Cory is IMO the best male actor they’ve got, I much prefer his acting to both Lea and Chris, but it’s clear those three have been the top talent Glee has. You can put away your pathetic Cory/Finn hate, we can all see you for what you are.

• Terri says:

Whether or not you like the character of Finn, it is UNDENIABLE that Cory Montieth’s acting ability is top notch. Cory, Lea, and Chris are the pillars of the show, but they can only act the material they are given. If you want to bash an actor, at least do it on one that is clearly not up to the challenge. There are plenty of the new characters ( and not just the one’s at McKinley) that need to take Acting 101.

• Jay says:

Preach.

• kim says:

What is wrong with you? Cory is one of the weakest actor on the show. He has the same expression for when he’s sad, angry, confused, disappointed, etc. He’s limited in terms of what he can do for the show. Finn may be a main character but Cory isn’t strong enough to lead this show.

• Gleeky13 says:

I can’t stand Finn, but I have to disagree. Cory’s one of the best actors they have. But I do get super irritated of that damn gassy baby face he makes, as Santana so cruelly pointed out in Season 2. :P I also prefer his character single. Finn is finally focusing on a job and his own personal passion, and not just a girlfriend.

• redtesha says:

i think he can acting but he’s suck when singing and dancing..
        he just great when he was playing drum and thats it.

• KellyG says:

My thoughts exactly!! Cory/Finn deserved an well conceived and written story for Finn. As it is he is a prop for the McKinley 2.0s A Mr Schue 2.0. A foe for Sue to make her role stay real for Glee. Finn’s story SUCKS!!! This was supposed to be the quintescential story for Finn-his emancipation from the quicksand of Finn’s quagmire. Finn is in a never-ending sinkhole of McKinley. I’m not impressed with his story in the least.

• Sg says:

I understand that Cory is such a good and generous actor for his cast mates, but regressing his character from the maturity of goodbye/graduation is almost enough to make me give up. I cling to the hope Finn discovers self worth and escapes.

• KellyG says:

MTE!!!!! And, OH, he shoots himself in the leg then runs for 4 months backpacking. Please!!! So lame. Finn loses Sectionals, the Glee choir room, and has not a clue of whom he is. How low do the writers intend to make Finn go? He is always the cad who says the wrong thing at the wrong time. Sam and Brittany are getting so dumb that they fill the cliche of BLONDE> Glee has fallen like boulder.

• You talking to me says:

It insults our intelligence. As did quinns sl. We liked the show be auss it was ç

• KellyG says:

@Youtalkingtome Finn is the new Quinn. Quinn was the character that had everything go bad for her. She was ruined in season 2. Season 3 she, Mr Shue and Emma were a mockery of all the characters. She was a conflicted and complex character in season 1. Someone to root or not root for depending how fans swayed. I didn’t like Quinn then but I felt for her. Season 2 was what-the-heck-is-she-doing? Season 3 OMG!! Finn season 4 is Quinn/Screech. The character to crap on.

• SCN - Once watched Glee for Finn's storylines, know better now... says:

It is really hard to imagine how things could get any worse where Finn is concerned – what’s worse is all the naive Finn fans who continue to drink the Kool-Aid even as Murphy and co give them the finger every episode…

• JJ says:

Cory is a very good actor (third of the “kid” actors behind Chris and Lea) who has been given horrible storylines, and poor character development. Finn has served as a prop for Rachel consistently since day one, and they turned Finn into a scumbag on more than one occassion to enhance Kurt’s story. And through all the bad writing, and changing directions with the character, Cory has managed to make Finn a solid character on the show. His work opposite Lea, Chris, Matthew Morrison, and Jane Lynch has been outstanding, particularly his work opposite Chris. Despite how little screen time they have shared in the past couple of years, Chris and Cory still manage to make every Furt scene memorable, and real.

• SCN - Once watched Glee for Finn's storylines, know better now... says:

Finn is less important to the in the writers’ pecking order than the new characters – but then again, he’s always had to play second fiddle to their favourites, Kurt, Rachel, Blaine and Santana – and Cory has never been one of Murphy’s little ‘teacher’s pets’. That’s all there is to it really. I used to watch Glee for Finn, watched it as a Finn fan, but he’s just such an embarrassing and pathetic shadow of a character these days that I gave up after episode 4 and the hatchet job done there…

7. Brianna says:

I just want Finchel back! :'[

8. Triffy says:

Finchel has no chemistry. They’re pretty much the only couple or ex-couple who doesn’t. Watching them in a scene in like watching someone scrape their nails down a chalkboard.

9. Kim says:

I don’t think I’ve hated a character as much as I hate Brody since Tess from Roswell. Did anyone ever watch that show?? Terrible acting, terrible faces…. stupid story. Please let Rachel be single and fabulous in the city, not with someone who insults her crazy and sleeps with her frenemy.

10. Mafer says:

I want the relatable Rachel back and Finchel in NY together, happy and fullfilling their dreams… until that happens I’m tunning off

• GA says:

Would settle just for scenes together for Finn n Rachel.

• stell says:

but Finn wouldn’t be happy in NY? does that matter at all

• Enzo says:

I don’t believe by you tuning off will make a difference, but yes I would love to see Finn and Rachel together time will tell. Reading so many comments and asking myself ( are half these people writers, producers, etc,,,) I think not. Love it or hate it, it is what it is. I have been a fan since the pilot episode, and I will be a fan after fox retires the show. I love each and everyone of them. And last but least would love to see a concert of glee in Toronto.

• krg says:

totally agree. I Bought the first few episodes on itunes, as we are stationed overseas and can’t get the show, but as soon as I saw that Finn and Rachel are broken up in the previews, I stopped watching. If they ever get back together, I will buy the whole darn season.

11. Arnold says:

Bring on Tina’s solo. Don’t care about anything else. This show blows. At least Kurt still dumped Blaine.

• they're gonna kill burt says:

It’s cute you think Kurt isn’t going to end up wanting Blaine back. Aww.

• Arnold says:

Did I ever say that? Good to know that Klaine fans are both lacking in taste and literacy.

• have you ever seen a tv show before or? says:

Uh actually I hate Klaine. Doesn’t mean that what I said isn’t going to happen but keep living the dream Arnold.

• Bex says:

It’s cute that you think having him crawl back to the guy that couldn’t keep it in his pants for longer than a couple of weeks is cute. Aww.

• tw says:

Tina has a solo? Ugh. Is she really still on the show?

• Gleeky13 says:

Psh, I’d rather watch Tina than Blaine any day. At least she represents those of us who started off shy in high school, and then had everything ripped away from the class diva, even the diva who’s two years younger.

Yes, as you might have noticed, I’m a Tina fan, and I’m PISSED that this is her last year on the show and the writers continuously treat her like a freshman cast member. “Oh, this girl will be here next year anyway, so let’s just develop Rachel more.” They’ve done that year after year, and now what? Tina’s time is almost up unless the writers plan to actually make use of Jenna’s Broadway experience and send Tina to NYADA and make her relatable. It’s not Jenna’s fault that Tina sucks; it’s the damn writers who are too focused on other characters.

• Gems says:

Omg I’m completely agree!!! Jenna’s talent was such a waste on Glee. The writer didn’t give a damn storyline to her, such a shame.

12. Stefanie says:

This season of Glee is so disappointing. Rachel didn’t go to NY to be with this random guy, who lacks any kind of charisma or chemistry with Lea. She and Cory carry this show. Wake me up when Finn and Rachel get back together because I’m tuning out until then.

13. mel says:

The lack of Finchel has been the best thing about this season so far. They just got so annoying in season three.

• Kendra says:

• Sorry finchel fans says:

Agreed

• Yo says:

The lack of Klaine and Brittana is great too.

• Janie says:

They were annoying in season two. Three just sealed the deal for me. It’s amazing how much more I like these two halfwits when they’re apart, and not wittering on about their idiotic wedding or breaking up/cheating on each other for the three thousandth time.

• Gleeky13 says:

Amen. :)

I couldn’t stand the whole marriage thing last year, and I believed that the show should have just done away with them. But now that they’re separated, my respect for those two characters has gotten SO much better. I’m actually very much invested into Rachel this season (I couldn’t stand her from Season 2 and on), and I’m enjoying watching Finn find his niche in a possible career. So long as they’re NOT together, it’s going well. I think that putting them back together at this rate just ruins all the work they’re doing to develop them as individuals. Glee depends too much on the ‘shipping’ aspect of the show to keep fans invested. It’s ridiculous how many people threaten to leave the show on the basis of Finchel/Klaine/Brittana not being together.

• puckleberry/fabrevans says:

Thank you!!!! Finally someone who I agree with!!! I liked Finchel back in the Journey episode from season 1 and even the beginning of season 2 but late season 2 and season 3 I just didn’t like them anymore. I think Rachel needs to be single for a while and then move on to dating guys who aren’t Finn because Finn obviously isn’t going to be happy in New York and she shouldn’t have to give up her dreams to be with him.

14. Eileen says:

I agree that Santana in Ny sounds super, but I hope Finn follows soon. Having him stuck in Lima is a real bummer. As far as Finchel I know they will eventually find their way back to each other and that is fine, but I am still shocked the writers are having little to no contact between the duo. Lea and Cory play so well off each other that it seems like a different show not having them interact, even if as just friends.

• O'Brien says:

This, so much. I’m not a hardcore shipper or anything, but the actors have great chemistry. My issue with it is that for the first three years, they sold us Rachel and Finn as the leads of the show. It was the strength of that relationship that laid a groundwork for everything else – even if they weren’t dating, they still worked as a team. I understand that dynamics change after graduation, but the show feels…weird without them working together in some capacity. My prediction is that by the end of the year, Finn decides he wants to go to college so he can eventually be a music teacher, and he ends up in New York.

• SCN - Once watched Glee for Finn's storylines, know better now... says:

Well, no one beats Finn fans when it comes to naive optimism (I’d know…) And do you really think such an outcome will be remotely believable? (oh, silly me, this is Glee we’re talking about…)

15. Mark says:

Can we have spoilers about new and talented writers for Glee? That’d be the only revolutionary season 4 news.

16. Hailey says:

It’s obvious that Santana is going to NY. I don’t mind her staying single and focusing on her dream for now but it will be best if Santana and Brittany get back together before the season ends. But anyways I only watch Glee for Brittana and I am near to give up because of how Glee is treating them.

• Tia says:

You’re almost there girl! One last effort. I did stop watching. I read articles and comments because lbr, watching this show fall apart and being despised by the majority of its former fans is actually a hundred times more entertaining that whatever script they manage to pull out of their a**. And if anything is remotely worth my time (read: cute gifs of Heather and Naya) I’ll see it on tumblr. I’d come back for Brittana but I guess it’s not happening anytime soon so… Just quit, you can do it haha ;) There’s GA in the same timeslot.

• Frank says:

I guess I’m the only one, but I don’t give a hoot about the NY storyline. Wish they would have spun it off to a new show. One I don’t have to watch. Just want to see and hear the music in the glee club. Sometimes I think I would rather watch puck clean pools in LA.

17. Lori says:

Until Glee has their LEAD actors interacting again, I’m tuning out. I actually didn’t even watch the Christmas episode (but I heard it was bad) and hearing Lea still hasn’t filmed with Cory? Cool. Grey’s Anatomy on Thursday it is. I’ll read recaps online and not watch.

• C says:

I totally agree with Leads having bigger roles again, but I don’t necessarily need them together right now. I am a fan of Finn and Rachel but I think some time apart is what they need they were way too co-dependent. I actually think the Christmas episodes was one of the best this season IMO, I think it has to do with the fact that Puck had a big part in it. I also loved the stuff with Sue. And Grey’s has been awful since they killed George years ago. Get an apple TV and watch old seasons of everything. LOL.

18. Siren says:

I can understand that Finn and Rachel need a time to be apart. But there is too many episodes without Finchel. Apparently they will see each other again in episode 14 o 15, that means that for 14 episodes Finn and Rachel see each other in 2 episodes……. Glee without Finchel is no Glee.

19. Lauren says:

No Finchel, no watching Glee for me. Plain and simple.

20. lol angsty teens says:

Laughing because people seem to think that saying “I’m not watching until Finchel gets back together!!!” will actually make a difference. The writers don’t care. They know you’re lying. They know you WILL keep watching regardless.

• Cara says:

Um… I’m 28. I have a life! I watched Glee for the relationships and the good song feelings it used to give me. Now? It’s angsty, annoying and plain bad. So yes, until I know it will give me good feelings again and the characters I enjoy (Finn and Rachel) are interacting, I’m not watching. I have more important things to do.

• Kristin says:

Agreed. I wanted to watch Rachel’s journey to success in New York. Instead, we’re told she made the Winter Showcase, but we never saw how or why. As far as we know, she’s doing terrible in her dance class and that’s it. So how did she get chosen? What we get to watch on the New York side is her trying to fit in when she always said being different is what makes you special and her being pursued by a douchebag who encouraged changes in her without knowing her. And don’t even get me started on the audition she did that we didn’t get to see. I don’t even care that Finn and Rachel aren’t together. But I do care that Lea and Cory haven’t filmed much together because they work so well off each other. And instead I get to see Lea acting opposite Chris (too much), Kate (was ok in the beginning), and an emotionless abs guy who can’t act. And I already tuned out after Glease, except for Swan Song because I heard about the Finchel phone call. Now, I really have no reason to tune in to Glee at all. I won’t even watch when Finchel get back together because I just don’t care anymore.

• Why glee says:

Yup. Poor writers use exposition. Good writers would have shown not told about Rachel’s first audition. And yes, even if not together there is a huge amount of interest in lea and cory sharing scenes. I have never got this kurt/Rachel thing and it became boring so so quickly. Why couldn’t Rachel have typical college experiences in propr class or dorms and with friends. Desperate too for Finn to have decent SL. Enough with punishing Cory. If you can’t give him decent stuff release him as you have Quinn/dianna Agron to take on other projects instead of thwarting him.

• KellyG says:

Glee creators and even the execs seem to clump the future of Glee into the newbies of McKinley, utilizing Finn as an anchor for their character building moments. Cory is so generous and excellent at any interaction with another actor to make this happen. The writers seem to have taken siestas when Finn story and NY stories were on the writers collective pens. I wouldn’t surprise me if Cory doesn’t return next season so he can move onto to other ventures. He deserves good things for his career. Lea and Naya are recording or have recorded albums. Chris is promoting his movie and his book(s). Maybe, the grads will be slowly moving on anyway, who knows.

• Gleeky13 says:

So like… does no one watch this show because it’s relevant to your life anymore? :P

I guess that since I am in the same grade as the characters (Class of 2013 with Artie, Tina, Blaine, Brittany, and Sam!) it’s easier for me to tune in every week because the show is so real-to-life, bad consistency aside. I watch the show because I like to learn what I can do to make myself a better person. From Rachel I learned to dream big. From Mercedes I learned to accept the way I look. From Tina I learned to overcome my shyness. From Artie I learned to always be the bigger man, no matter how glorious revenge might taste. From Santana and Kurt I learned how to stand up for myself, and from Kurt I learned that I shouldn’t give up on my dream to run for student government. Finn made me realize the importance of finding yourself early in life, so you don’t have to come back home find yourself while all your friends are doing bigger and better things. Hannah and Nellie (from Glee Project) taught me that joining theater and choir can give you your own Glee experience. I owe my high school career’s success to Glee. I’m single and I’m proud of it, so I do NOT tune into this show to watch the relationships happen. If you invest yourself into the relationships, THAT is what’s going to ruin this show for you. Ever noticed that everyone who’s saying “I’m done with this show” reason so with the fact that Finchel/Klaine/Brittana aren’t together. Ever notice that the people who say “I’m a Gleek through and through, now and forever!” are the people who can relate to the underdog image that Glee works hard to glorify? That you’re never too small to be big?

I know we all watch the show for different reasons, and if you want to stop watching the show, it’s your decision. No one’s forcing you to watch Glee. In my eyes, the show is SO much more easier to watch if you just watch it. I know the writers have bad consistency, but that doesn’t matter to me. I know my favorite characters (Tina, Artie, Sugar, Kitty, and Rory) have been given HORRIBLE arcs, but there’s so much more to the show than just those five. If you just drop your critical mindset at the door, and turn on the TV to watch and take in the message, Glee will be such a personal show.

Well, that’s it for my testimony. I know most of you won’t listen, but this is from someone who watches Glee because I depend on it.

• Prima says:

Except that it wasn’t Finchel shippers that tried to boycott the show because one of the characters of their lovely couple move on with other person. *coughcoughBrittannacoughcough*

And wait until Kurt and his new LI get closer and you will see Klaine shippers freaking out and threaten to stop to watch Glee.

• im js says:

I don’t think Klaine shippers are still watching at this point.

• Dreading says:

I wait in dread for the Klaine fan to go on a mass freak out over Kurt’s new love interest. The Glee fandom ain’t seen nothing yet.

• Kay says:

Well, most Klaine shippers know Kurt and Blaine are each other’s dates to Wemma’s wedding, singing a duet on Valentine’s day, and making out in a car. So doesn’t seem like Kurt’s new interest is much of anything.

• MJ323 says:

Ummm you’re kidding, right? All the Klaine shippers I know, including myself, thinks it’s great that he’s getting a LI. Because as Klainers we’re Kurt-stans and Blaine-stans as well. And with recent spoilers, Adam-notPaul-is only going to be a LI. I like Bram and at one point I shipped brittana, so you can’t characterize a whole ship by some people…

• stell says:

most klainers have accepted the Ll he’s only going to be in one episode that we know of so why would they threaten to stop watching?

• Fi says:

Wrong. With the way spoilers are now, people go away for episodes because the show as a whole is now unwatchable. So I didn’t watch the first three eps cos Finn was missing. I wont watch after this hiatus till his sl is there. Tumblr fills in the pieces.

• St says:

What show doesn’t have their male lead around for 3 eps. No wonder Grey’s is leaning up. They know the importance of relationships, of maintaining a character’s integrity and basic integrity.

21. Josh says:

THIS IS THE WORST SEASON OF GLEE. PLEASE GET CANCELLED!!!

22. Brynne says:

I have to say I am really disappointed in Rachel this season and never thought she would connect with a guy like Brody. I was hoping for focused Rachel and even thought they would throw many guys at her that she just couldn’t relate to. Lea is so fabulous with comedy and they have paired her with an actor that just doesn’t cut it. I am no Finchel fan, but if I had to choose at this point put her back with Finn so we could at least get quality scenes with Lea and Cory

• Amy says:

Agree with everything. I am in no way a Finchel shipper, but Brody is the worst character glee has ever had, and as a huge Rachel fan, I find her scenes unwatchable this season. Furthermore, that as your lead character is extremely bad, but I highly doubt for any of it to change soon, it is glee.

• Jess says:

It’s all a matter of opinion though.. Like I could not stand any scene involving Rachel until this season. She was whiny and naive. Her character is actually showing growth now. Obviously she’s going to end up with Finn, as annoying as that is, fans wouldn’t stand for it if she didn’t, but right now Brody is giving her the chance to grow up and change, which is realistic because people do that in university. So whether or not you’re a fan of Brody, or Rachel with Brody, he’s important to the development of her character.

23. Lena says:

God, just get Finn to NYC! Cory and Lea are two of the strongest actors and by far have the most chemistry, and separating them is ridiculous. Regardless of whether Finn and Rachel are together, at least let Cory and Lea share scenes.

• C says:

Cory is no where near one of the strongest actors. I like him a lot but the boy is not good. Strong actors are Lea Michele, Naya Rivera, Chris Colfer, Darren Criss (begin hating me on this one) and the amazing Jane Lynch. The rest are passable with a few that are just worthless.

• Joe says:

I don’t think you’ve watched much of Cory’s scenes with other actors. He’s such a generous actor who’s genuinely interacts with his scene partners. The good ole’ bumbling, dumb jock character who has to be the flawed hero of the story is actually quite hard to pull off and Cory does it wonderfully.

• C says:

I appreciate your comments and love a healthy debate. IMO I think he is flat most of the time. I feel like every scene is the same with him and there isn’t much range at all. I mean give him some good writing, for example have him play Brick from Cat on a Hot Tin Roof or Hamlet, and the boy would fail. I also feel like he only has a connection to Lea Michele. I don’t know if it is just that she is so wonderful but the scenes with her I feel are the only ones ever worth watching when he is on screen. I don’t really think he has a future as an actor but I will always love Glee so he will at least be in my house 10 years down the road.

• Delusions of Joe says:

LOL Dear GOD IN HEAVEN I’ve never seen someone so out to lunch as you are. You lost any and ALL credible debate when you put Darren as an “actor”. he truly is the most pathetic actor of the bunch. Cory is far and above Darren. There is a reason Jane is working with Cory right now, he is clearly the only one of the McKInley side capable of playing against her, LOL Darren as an “actor” Did you not see him in that ugly cry solo he got in Glease? UGH

• Bean says:

Dear Delusions of Joe,
            Darren is much more talented than most of the cast! He has been on Broadway ,in Movies, written entire musicals and in TV shows other than Glee. Cory however has done very little and he always plays the same character. He was the “boyfriend left behind” in Monte Carlo and he is the same perpetual small town boy in everything he does. He is awkward and has no flow in his acting. Darren is a theater actor and by definition is much more focused on showmanship, and emotion than Cory. Also the “Cry solo” you mention was amazing. And Cory could never have done anything like it! Have we ever really seen him show emotion or even cry once? Cory is just bad, and nowhere close to the talent and perfection that is Darren Criss.

• Leslie says:

I totally agree with your observation. He has the same flat expression in most of his scenes. Put Cory in broadways and theater plays which requires showing multiple expressions and emotions and multitone delivery lines and he will totally fail. His scenes with Lea only comes out good because of Lea’s spot-on acting which somehow deceived people into thinking that he is a good actor. Without Lea, his acting will always fall flat. Let’s be honest, he will always play second fiddle to the broadway/theater acting chops in the likes of Lea, Chris and Darren.

BTW, to the comment by Delusions of Joe regarding Darren’s crying scene in Glease, you do know that he has to be overwrought in that scene to make the next line by Artie (Masterpiece acting) to work and be spot-on and funny. If he has not done that, then Artie’s line won’t make sense and would just fall flat. Darren could just have delivered his line in a monotone voice, which is a whole lot easier way of acting but him coming from a theater background and worked as a playwriter and songwriter knows the proper way for all the dialogues to connect and for the whole scene to work.

• Pre says:

You have zero credibility. The real life actors studio head praised cory monteith. So did mike o mallet who play hurt, then there is Jane lynch. You know real actors not teenagers girls. Can’t wait for him to be free of this hot mess of a poorly written show.

24. Amanda says:

If you want to watch Finchel together, just pick up a tabloid. Monchele always promoting themselves. Or tweeting their date locations.

• Lori says:

Total lie. When has Lea EVER said her exact location? Or that she is with Cory? Never. It’s all fan sightings on Twitter that is the reason people know where they are/who they are with. Take off your shipper blinders.

• Amanda says:

I’m actually not a shipper of any of the cast. Cory’s friends where all tweeting he was in Hawaii. Not to mention last year they tweeted the EXACT cafe they were in in Amsterdam.

So they do boost the signal of where they are. Then complain about paps.

• Finn says:

Utterly untrue. FN sightings and tweets AT LAX said they were headed to Hawaii. They only ever tweet themselves after it’s been all over social media. And that is bs about the cafe – the name wasn’t mentioned at all. They are the leads of a popular show THAT is why the pals track them. The Achele/Faberry hate and libellous comments need to stop.

• Mia says:

It’s not Cory or Lea’s fault that his friend tweeted about Cory in Hawaii. And he just mentioned Cory, not Lea. And Cory and Lea never did any mention of the exactly cafe they were in europe. And it wasn’t in Amsterdam, so you’re double wrong.

• omg says:

Cory’s friend is actor Justin Chatwin who stars in Shameless. They met in the Vancouver airport and wished each other well on twitter. Justin was wishing Cory a happy vacation in Hawaii. What’s wrong with that??

• KellyG says:

Look I do not fangirl Lea and Cory’s relationship. That is their private life. I could care less what they do. It is what the show does with all the stories and the characters that counts. Leave out your personal opinions of Lea and Cory’s relationship. Please.

25. Kendra says:

Finn needs to stay away from Rachel for as long as possible. Teaching the glee club in Lima is the best thing that has happened to him so far. I really want him to find a new girlfriend and settle down in Ohio, because he clearly has no interest in going to New York, and I really don’t want them to make him go there just so he can be Rachel’s accesorry.

26. A says:

I just want Brittany and Sam to break-up. The fact that a character can’t be single and work on themselves on this show is beyond me. Also, the show is getting beyond boring and ridiculous. They should drop the Lima part and focus on the old characters. As much as the new cast is talented, I’m not attached to the new characters at all. They don’t have the magic spark the old ones have, and the new “storylines” aren’t very interesting, imo.

27. Sam says:

Call me when they finally give their most talented male singer in the choir room stuff to do again. The Blaine Show is boring and flat.

• JC says:

Yes, Kevin should get more stuff! ;)

• Tia says:

x2! They don’t even give their best male singer songs, let alone decent ones. Kevin is too good for being wasted like that. What a shame.

• stell says:

its not the blaine show blaine has like a total 10 minute screen time and 70% of that is background choir room scenes or singing he doesn’t hog the show at all

• Kay says:

What Blaine Show? I think you mean the Marley/Jake/Ryder heterosexual love drama fest. And obviously all the reviewers this season singing Blaine/Darren’s praises for what he has had to work with disagree with you. Sorry.

28. jon says:

I’m happy and excited because they’re going to show more of Santana and Tina. I can’t wait to see Tina’s big solo I hope it’s really great. The next three episodes sound like they’re going to be great, Sadie Hawkins[with Sugar, Kitty/her unlikely date, and the rest of the girls], Naked [Sam and the guys], and Diva[Santana and Tina, and I think Quinn might show up in this episode too]. I actually wish Glee would come back sooner.

29. eloo says:

i just read all the comments and i love how so many people is unhappy with the lack of finchel on the show. i mean yes, they are apart, they needed to be apart because that’s the tv show thing.but the thing is -even as friends or even as two people who happen to know each other- they don’t have any scenes. literally no connection. They are the lead characters and Cory and Lea are the best actors on the show aside from Chris. and seeing Cory just stuck with the newbies with a mediocre stroyline and seeing Lea stuck with an actor who can’t act at all and with a storyline that makes me want to hate rachel berry, it really is so disappointing. They have so much potential with those talented actors (cory, lea, chris and naya) and they’re wasting them all. Smh

30. missing the fun says:

i would like to see more comedy in glee, lea and chris are great doing comedy but they never have the chance anymore

31. JC says:

About time they show more Santana. I don’t like how she’s been shelfed this whole season. Also I’m all for her making it to NY. That side really needs more familiar faces. I love Hummelberry but even their interaction is starting to run dry. They need a new dynamic.
    I’m over the whole Brody/Rachel relationship. I really see no purpose there. It just seems kind of waste of a NY plot.
    And happy to know Tina is getting more stuff!! Yay!! :)

32. Claireys says:

Glee has been very disappointing this year – I feel the Mckinley bit doesn’t work because all the interesting characters graduated. Part of the charm of Glee was the original group in the choir room interacting with each other…..I just don’t really care about the members of the Glee club any more. I also think the cast are happy now to just take their pay and don’t really give a sh*t about the show – they all seem a bit jaded.

33. Jane says:

No news on Mercedes? Well this sucks.

34. Summer says:

All I want is to Glee to have a good storyline for Finn. Honestly, it seems to me that they always take him 1 step ahead and 10 steps back, which is completely nonsense and unnecessary. I honestly don’t want Finn and Rachel back together for now, because none of them is completely happy on their own, so they need to feel like they could have anyone they want but they will always choose each other.

35. Steve says:

Man, Finchel is terrible and everyone who likes it should feel terrible.

36. vkaro21 says:

thanks for answer my question!! I’m so excited about finchel!! i know that they will back together in any point!! I’m crossing fingers that lea and cory will shoot soon together

37. Jake says:

It’s about time to bring Santana back! Naya is a terrific actress, she MUST be on screen… But Brittana… Oh Brittana.. C’mon! Give tem a descent storyline. Together!!! As a real couple.. With all the pleasures and difficulties a relation like that would bring! And I would really like to see Brittany in NY too, studying dance, acting like a young adult, but without loosing that innocense she has. I might sound crazy, but I still have hope. And I’m just going to watch the show again, when Brittana gets back!!!

• Nicole says:

Exactly my thoughts. More Santana, though only more Brittana if they get to have a full bodied, fleshed out relationship.

38. Mady says:

None of these spoilers make me want to watch the show again. Fix the NY scene, get Brody out (I beg you), and get Santana and Finn to NY, and I might start watching again. I really miss the way glee used to be. I used to be really excited to watch it every week, and now its just sad and to the point where I stopped watching it altogether.

39. fidel19 says:

Where is Mercedes, though?

40. truth hurts says:

Ryan Murphy has not allowed Cory Monteith to have any character growth for Finn since the end of season one. They lied in season 3 that he will be getting a direction and have kept lying for the first three quarters of season 4. This show ends now and I am not the only one who has left this show behind. The worse news is this jessica Sanchez bull that fox is pulling Simply put I will not watch acting that is below soap opera standards in order to try and sell some itunes. I have zero interest in watching this man be treated like garbage because Ryan Murphy has a funny girl fixation. Finn needs to leave that screech role behind.

• KellyG says:

You know, that is exactly what they have made Finn. Glee’s Screech. I just hate it. Always been a proponent of a great Finn self discovery story. This is not it. I’m for character growth and creative essence for any character of Glee. But many of them this season have been underutilized or even squandered to oblivion. This season is the worst ever.

• Give It A Rest says:

Ryan Murphy hasn’t allowed for any character growth since season one, not just Finn. People are so blinded by their ridiculous love for Cory Monteith or “Finchel” that they don’t see how other characters are getting shafted even worse. All of them still act like sophomores in high schools. Cory is not the only talented actor on the show (I personally think Lea Michele is 40% of the talent by herself) and Ryan Murphy is not personally victimizing him; he just doesn’t know how to run a show. And by the way, the male characters on the show are glorified compared to the females. Ryan Murphy seems to have this fixation of female dependence on males and his portrayal of women on the show leaves many women slighted. He pretty much tries to kill the feminist movement.

• SCN - Once watched Glee for Finn's storylines, know better now... says:

Finn is stuck in his old high school, hanging around high school kids, pretending to coach the glee club or mop the floors or whatever he does, because he’s a shambling, pathetic mess. A genuine loser who has nothing else going for him but a tendency to elicit pity from people. Don’t try and make out that any other ‘grad’ character (Finn may as well have never graduated) has had a worse hatchet job done on them. Even Quinn got to go off to Yale, and it now looks like Santana is headed to NY. Where does that leave Finn?

41. kayley says:

Jessica Sanchez from American Idol is going to be on Glee rumored as Finn’s new love interest

42. Larissa says:

I could care less about a Santana-centered episode, or the fact that she might be going to new work. I’m glad she’s been gone this whole time. The Kurtana and Pezberry friendships are super forced anyway, just as forced as Hummelberry. I’m already bored with the New York storyline and forcing Santana into the mix will just deter my interest even further. No thank you.
    I am glad about Tina, though. It’s about time. Jenna and Kevin McHale are extremely underused considering how talented they both are. Even if Jenna doesn’t have the strongest vocals, she is WAY, WAY more talented than Heather Morris and yet Hemo has several more solos for reasons I will never even begin to understand. It infuriates me. They have had this beautiful girl who can sing well, is a consistent character on the show, and has been on Broadway, on your cast, and you refuse to use her for THREE seasons. I just don’t get it. I hope Jenna gets out of this mess soon. Same with Kevin, I love Darren Criss but there is no WAY he tops Kevin’s vocals. Tina and Artie could be interesting if the writers took time to make them interesting.
    I stopped watching because there are like six new boring people who I don’t care about, and two of the best season regulars since season 1 are constantly being ignored.

43. A says:

Nonstop bitching and complaining! I would expect nothing less from a post about Glee.

44. ugh says:

this season sucks. I personally like all the ships but the major three started getting forced down our throats that I needed a break. my biggest gripe besides the storyline is what they did to sam. they turned sam into an idiot he is not sam season 2 and definitely not season 3 sam. does he even know mercedes…they dont have to be togethet but they had a big storyline together last season and this season its like who is that. no one likes bram…kill that story now

45. nina says:

can’t wait to see everyone again! intrigued by the santana and tina storyline! i hope both of them go to new york too!

46. Nah says:

Honestly the episodes sound boring except Diva, couldn’t care less about about brochel or finchel. But i despise Br@m so i hope they end as soon as possible for the goodness of both characters. I wasn’t really sure about Santana moving to NY but if that means more Naya on my TV then i’m all for it!:D

47. Beth says:

Idk what to say to help this show get better cause they have messed up so badly. There are so many flaws to Glee that in every episode they continue to get bigger and worse. People aren’t connecting with the newbies. We’re already halfway through the season so it’s either we care or we don’t for them and I simply do not care, they take up space and time. They’re part of why Glee this season is bad. They focus on so many people it ends up not being enough and that ruins everything. I want Santana in NY but I want Glee to give Brittana the attention they deserve whether they are together or not. Break up Bram. This couple means nothing, they are killing this show.

48. Ella says:

Seriously? Marley and JAKE? She had way more chemistry with Ryder, I feel like they’re forcing Jarley down our throats.

49. Lori says:

The newbies are worthless and completely boring. Marley and Jake have zero chemistry, Unique is a poor substitute for Kurt, Sam is hot and he can sing but he and Brittany don’t really work together. And poor Finn, stuck in Lima with Cory reading scenes that could have been written for Sue and Schue in season 1 – pathetic! The original cast has so much more chemistry and talent than these newbies that I wish Glee would scrap them completely. Give us more Finchel ( Finn and Rachel are the only reason I’ve hung in there with Glee as long as I have), let Kurt have a real storyline, more Quinn, more Puck, more Santana. Give us more Rachel and more Rachel solos or duets with Finn! The best singer on Glee should be heard from more! You could move Schue to NYC and have him work on Broadway or teach at NYADA for continuity. It might be time to let Sue go…the storylines are just old and Glee doesn’t seem to know how to grow the character without having her lose her edge. I would miss Beiste. Not sure about Emma….it might be fun to have Schue be single for awhile. They should also fire Marti Noxon…does anyone else remember the way she drove Buffy into the ground?

50. truth hurts says:

It is interesting that the comment I made about the frustration of a show seems to be twisted into someone else’s agenda. There was a show called Cheers and at the end of that shows run who ended up being the one actor that went on to do the most interesting stuff well that happened to be Woody Harrelson the dumb guy waiter. Glee was at its best when it was not an overt musical show but a show that had music in it to enhance the plot not overtake the show. Acting matters and the point I was making is that the new characters are so bad with acting that is soap opera bad that they literally have the characters sing and then exit. Further, go back and watch the pilot of Glee that started the show and you tell me on a show about a high school glee club that decided to expand its horizons before season 3 even began and the fact that the writers of glee promised a new direction for the character of Finn and you tell me if you would feel frustrated. Santana or whoever you are talking about are not hanging around their old high school doing a job they do not get paid for and holding a clipboard and getting yelled at by sue. Finn needs to break out of the way they are writing him in order to allow for growth and if you feel that is offensive to you then so what I am only stating an opinion based on the season of Glee that had the most impact and resonated best with the public. Glee was never a show about broadway it was a show about how the arts could transform a life and no character on glee represents that better than the guy who could have had a good life in Lima but was blackmailed into a world that he was never suppose to be a part of but sucked him in he needs to go and pursue his passion I would love to see that.

• Preach says:

Bravo!! Spot on.

• Preach to the choir says:

If they had put Finn and rachel on parallel paths, as they did in pilot, from the outset of this season we would have had a direction. Stalling, retreads, regressing characters – that is why glee is staggering on. If they get another season its cos Fox is so bad now they had no choice.

• SCN - Once watched Glee for Finn's storylines, know better now... says:

Finn is stuck in Lima aping Mr Schue for no other reason than the fact that he is less important to the writers than the nobodies they brought in at the beginning of the season. That’s the crux of it.

• KellyG says:

Absolutely a positive and thoroughly thought out statement. This is exactly who Finn represents. The everyday Joe whose life was altered into a new realm which affected him and changed him to broaden his horizens and to think big. Remember Puck telling Finn when he found his dream, make it as big as Finn was.
      I love your statement. People, especially, the writers of Glee have forgotten what the show was really about and why they created these wonderfully complex characters to lead us into a complex and encompassing story about outcasts.
      The writers have totally dropped the ball when it came to Finn and his character’s altered and flawed characteristics. Finn morphs into whatever the writers make of him, especially season 4, to service other characters and their development. He is a service dog so to speak to react or interact with the changing of another characters situation. He does not have his own story.
      Glee has changed into show stopper performances, more on the affects of social status for characters who are different and not accepted. The story telling has left behind the central purpose of the story of how the “arts” affect and mold a person to make them open-minded, creative, and a source of character building which all of the outcasts needed to experience affecting how they perceived themselves and others.
      Season 1 the choir room always had a lesson learned. Not today. .

• Terri says:

I think that the writers are keeping Finn well in mind. His story line is good so far…why do you want to rush his finding his dream? He is trying different things to see what will fit. I changed my major 4 times in college and graduated with so many credits, I could have had two Bachelor’s degrees. This storyline of the lost kid, the jock who lost himself when he found out traumatic news is realistic and on par. It’s ok for him to be in Lima for a while and for him to SLOWLY find his way. He is 19 years old. There are plenty of lessons learned this year already for Finn and others as well. I am glad they are taking their time…they rushed the story lines in the first 2 seasons. I do believe that the poor writing right now involves Rachel and the fact that her inner thoughts and fears and hopes are not being conveyed to the audience. I love that she is growing up and changing, but we haven’t had that “look in her head” to see what is going on like we did in previous seasons with her. Maybe they want her to seem mysterious, but for me, she is coming across as aloof which is not a good thing. I would love for her and Kurt to get into some fights and discover living with someone who is identical to you in almost every way except gender is not that easy.