NBC Renews Days of Our Lives Through 2014

Get More: Renewals

Days of Our Lives RenewedAs foreshadowed earlier this week, NBC has renewed Days of Our Lives through September 2014 and the soap’s 48th anniversary.

“We are thrilled to announce that Days is not going anywhere. It is NBC’s longest-running drama series by far and is one of the most historic brands in television,” said NBC entertainment president Jennifer Salke. “We commend Ken Corday and the entire creative team on continuing to keep the stories and characters fresh, exciting and relevant year after year.”

Added exec producer Ken Corday: “After so many years in the homes and hearts of our loyal fans, I’m both humbled and elated to say it’s 2013 and we’re still going strong. I am equally proud that the sense of family which my mom and dad established in our show 48 years ago, is still what drives it today. As we celebrate our 12,000th episode with an amazing cast and great support from our network, we look forward to what’s yet to come!”

Comments (41)

• “YAY!!!!!!!!!” – Viewer since 1968

Comment by Chloe – January 9, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!! I’m now 40 and have been watching since I was 9… it’s a nice after work diversion. I’m glad that they are keeping it on!!

Comment by laura – January 9, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you NBC. I am glad days is going strong hopefully for many years to come.

Comment by NEK38583 – January 9, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m kinda surprised. I’ve followed a few storylines these past few years, and I’ve found that the acting, writing, directing, and producing are really bad. The set looks like their budget is like five dollars. I think a ten year old could do better.

Comment by Laquisha – January 9, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I THINK DAYS IS DOING JUST GREAT…… I DISAGREE WITH THE COMMENT ABOUT THE 5.$ BUDGET . WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT THE SHOWS THAT FOLDED WE ARE LUCKY TO STILL HAVE DAYS OF OUR LIVES TO WATCH!!!!!! DON’T WATCH IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE PROPS……

Comment by karen copus – January 10, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We would get further with the soap lines and production if we gave constructive
      comments rather than just give negatives vibes. After all, Prospect Park did say
      they kept trying to reboot the idea of online soaps because of “loyal fans” pushing
      for it.

Comment by Sandra Cordell – January 10, 2013 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Days of our Lives. Great writers , I am 70 and have been watching as long as i can remember. If i am gone during the day , i record and watch at night. Yea, another year. Love seeing E.J and and Sammie together again.

Comment by Ann Burkett – January 23, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy with this news! Have been watching 46 years. Terrific!

Comment by Bobbi – January 9, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell Yeah!!!! My mom WILL be happy. Bring back Bo Steve(Patch) and Tony!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Adam Bramble – January 9, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I too would like to see Bo come back. I really wish that Madison would return as I
      thought her and Brady had a great connection.

Comment by sjc of cny – January 9, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • how about Kimberly and Shane his daughter eve or rex and cassi roman and kate kids

Comment by rhonda – January 24, 2013 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutly bring Steve back, not realy Bo but leave out tony.

Comment by annette – March 22, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I’m glad it’s renewed and it’s official this time.

Comment by Donnie – January 9, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just Hope Days uses this opportunity to write a better show that doesn’t involve the same ole things that haven’t been working for the past few years. This is the time to get the show back to where people want to watch.

Comment by Kay – January 9, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • good deal! hope it goes longer why not extented the contract 5 years instead just one..

Comment by katrina s. – January 9, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad to hear this! I have been watching since day #1.

Comment by Lois – January 9, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonderful!!! Now bring back Bo!!

Comment by Laura – January 9, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My mom turned me on to the show a few years ago and I am hooked. The first thing I check on my dvr when I get home. Keep up the good work, team! I also appreciate the LGBT story with Will and Sonny!

Comment by mydigitalsoul – January 9, 2013 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sonny and Will’s relationship educates us to what is really happening in our
      world. Keep the story line growing.

Comment by sjc of cny – January 9, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great. Hope they make it to at least 50

But can they get rid of Daniel now? They need to stop having every woman obsess over him and unconnect him to Maggie

Comment by dryedmangoez – January 9, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic news!! I want Days to make it to its 50th anniversary. Love this show. Now all we need is for the show to stop filming so far in advance :-)

Comment by Daysfan – January 9, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news!!!!

Comment by Amanda – January 9, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Days of Our Lives, NBC, SONY Pictures, please STOP promoting an ABUSIVE Relationship as Romance. This is not the Nineteenth Century. A woman stuck in the Cycle of Abuse is not ROMANCE any more than someone accepting a racist relationship or a child being stuck with Abusive parents is. Sami situation is very real for real women stuck with men who’ve sexually and emotionally assaulted them for years. Romanticizning that situation is WRONG and irresponsible. Please Stop!

Comment by Juanita – January 9, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with this.

Comment by Kay – January 9, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why the hell is a woman lusting after her rapist?!! The Sami-EJ “relationship” is absolutely repulsive and insulting.

Comment by Heather – January 9, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I want E.J . (my favorite character) to be with Nicole. They could be honest at who they were and were a great couple

Comment by Ann – January 11, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Then don’t watch if it is so revolting. That’s how it works.,

Comment by Aaron Hutson – February 9, 2014 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s a soap opera not a forum to promote specific types of relationships, so get over it. Things would be dull in Salem if they were to stop writing story lines with certain types of relationships just to appease the demands of interest groups and those who are promoting specific agendas for political reasons. How would you like it if racists said stop promoting interracial relationships and Day’s agreed that demand? You should not be trying to use a soap for promotion of your views or ideals.

Comment by Aaron Hutson – February 9, 2014 11:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad to see it has been renewed!! I have been a loyal viewer since 1996.

Comment by Meghan – January 9, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am thrilled to have this being recreated as an online web series. I too wish it
      would air on t.v. but we need to stay supportive and positive -anything is possible!
      Thank you Prospect Park and Agnes Nixon.

Comment by sjc of cny – January 10, 2013 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand what the bad talk is about, the show has improved greatly over the past couple months. I am really enjoying Kristen. I only have a couple of complaints….Drake Hogestyn is worse than ever and extremely over the top, Bo needs to come back Peter Reckel or not, and I know this will upset so many but PLEASE give us an updated opening sequence. Keep the hour glass, but please update it!

Comment by Phil – January 9, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I DON’T UNDERSTAND PEOPLE THAT GRIPE ABOUT THINGS ON DAYS OF OUR LIVES….. IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT….. IT’S SIMPLE….. D O N ‘ T W A T C H !!!!!!

Comment by karen copus – January 10, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad DAYS is staying. Hope they write better less predictable s.l than what we are seeing now. I want to see Daniel with Chloe finally. And give EJ and Sami the chance they deserve!.Less of the boring couples like Danifer voted 4 th worst couple in Daytime. and Safe.& more exciting couples, and storylines. You need to WOW your audience and thats not happening right now. So plz better writing!!!

Comment by roxanne – January 11, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s great news that Days has been renewed and hopefully they will continue
    to keep this soap on the air. I believe that the people with the strongest chemistry
    together would be Daniel with Chloe, Sami with Rafe, and EJ with Nicole. Building
    on these characters would make for stronger roles. I am really tired of the back and
    forth with Sami between EJ and Rafe. EJ gets interesting the more he interacts with
    Nicole as they both have the same devious character.

Comment by sjc of cny – January 11, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad they are keeping Days of our Lives. I am now 70 and have watched it i think since it started. Keep it going.

Comment by Ann – January 11, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about a little mystery. I’ve the show, tape it every day. We know wil is going to explode with the news about the baby. And he should.

Comment by Obiewon – January 12, 2013 01:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Days is the only soap I watch. I hate what the writers are doing with Jennifer and Daniel. it was like watching kids acting out. Love EJ and finally Samie being together

Comment by Karen – April 1, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been watching Days of our Lives since its beginning. My mother at the time is started called me (she was 68yrs old) as said have you been watching the new soap Days of our Lives? I said no. She told me the time it was going to be on and ever since the
    day she called I have been watching ever since. Over the years while working I would miss
    some of it but then when we could start recording it I would do that or when laid off I would catch up or on holidays I would catch up. I am so happy its still with me. It is the only thing
    I have left in life that makes me happy to know its still there. I got my daughter hooked on it too and recently she passed away from cancer and when I watch it I feel her with me. Please keep it on the air!
    Janet Williams, Katy, TX

Comment by Janet Williams – August 22, 2013 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Days! I am rooting for Jenn & Dan…. JJ is really growing up – he needs to turn Theresa around. They look good together it needs to move faster. Ann at the hospital needs to go. Her character is to far fetched…. A bigggggg blow up needs to go down and out she blows. Thanks for entertaining me.

Comment by Darla – December 27, 2013 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way too much bed hopping, murder, and boring story lines at the moment. Not sure why so much negativity is going on. Stop the fighting between couples. Writers are making characters too unbelievable. Possible things to write about: Tracking down Kristian DiMerra and bringing her to trial. Maybe John has been helping her hide since they do have a history and it seems he and Marlena are finished. How did EJ become a lawyer when he entered the show as a race car driver? Put Maggie and Victor back together to show love can exist even after the death of a spouse. Jennifer and Daniel don’t belong together he is too fickle with the ladies one after another. Let Eric be a priest. Need some good on the show. Where is Kayla’s little boy? Show the children more instead of bring them back as young adults with problems. Writers messed up with having two young gay men on the show. Use it though to show people are still not accepting as everyone wants them to be. Why does Brady need to be on drugs? He is rich, smart, and educated, and yet the writers have made him out to be flaky. Maybe Hope needs to go and be with Bo. Take mixed up Cierra with her so she can get her family unit back. Abe and his son can travel with her where he can meet up with a new woman to help him raise his special son. Put all this on the air not just in words. Kate is a lonely woman, but since she is no longer with Stefano why does she need to be with anyone? Sweeten her up. Expand the storyline for Ann explaining why she is so bitter and resolve the issue making her a good administrator and taking young wayward girls like Theresa and Abbey under her wing. Days will be celebrating their 48th anniversary and it could be their last because soaps are becoming things of the past. Make it something to remember…

Comment by Alice – January 3, 2014 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been watching Days of our lives since the sixties!—-bring Bo back!!!—Bo and Hope made Days of our lives!—I love Marlena also!—-best soap ever on television!!—don’t change a thing!—always wondering what’s going to happen next !—–you have good writers who keep the show interesting!!—don’t never take it off the air!!!—leave it on television where it belongs!!!!!

Comment by Mary Jane Mason – March 7, 2014 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post