New Spoiler Alert!: Fringe, Private Practice Series Finale Scoop! Plus -- Cougar Town's Back!

blog_spoiler_1.8.13The first thing you need to know about this week’s episode of Spoiler Alert! is that Matt Mitovich and I are not drunk.

We’re merely buzzed.

But it’s all for a good cause: We’re celebrating tonight’s triumphant return of Cougar Town (now on TBS!) with the world’s finest “Sauvignon Blanc” and a side of scoop about the show’s first five episodes (hint: cable = more dirty talk.)

And before our hangover kicks in, we also break news about the series finales of Fringe and Private Practice, we preview Once Upon a Time‘s return to Manhattan, and we answer this provocative Bones question: When will we learn more about Sweets’ childhood?

Kick back, poor yourself a drink and press PLAY below!

1. Lorena says:

I don’t really care for Neal as a character.

I love the Bones scoop, and I really am looking forward the Private Practice finale. :)

• Kath says:

While I can see the reason for killing off Graham (the emotional factor), I think it was such a mistake because anyone else they’ve put into Emma’s orbit since him (Neal, Hook, August, even Jefferson) pales in comparison. I’m okay with Neal coming back, although I don’t care for him as a character either, but only if he doesn’t turn out to be Emma’s true love. In that case, I’ll be shipping Emma/giant.

I’ll miss Private Practice when its gone. Charlotte, Cooper, Sheldon and Amelia are my favorite characters so yay for Charlotte and Copper ending well. My fingers are crossed that Amelia won’t end up with the new doc (who I don’t like at all) but I’m afraid I’m going to be disappointed. The problem with Shonda Rhimes shows is that she does well by the characters she likes (e.g. Addison, Violet) and rushes through the ones she doesn’t care so much about (Sheldon, Amelia, Dell).

• I’m Neal / Emma fan confess, but dont hate Hook, because he will probably come between Neal and Emma.
      But Captain Swan fans , behave always with childish. ‘I dont care’ about Neal, O’Neal make me vomit ‘, etc, etc, etc, Please grow up!
      One thing you must not forget. Neal is Henry’s father. He will have to see Emma often because of his son.
      So stop being cynical. Because even without being a romance. Neal and Emma will have scenes together many times. And I care. Because I am a mother, and I love my kids and my family.
      I want to know about Neal. I want to know about his past, present and future! And there are things much more important than Emma having an affair with Hook….

• Kerry says:

So now someone can’t not care about a character? I have to love and be interested in everyone? Not liking or caring about a character is not immaturity, it’s personal taste. I don’t particularly like Neal, he rubs me the wrong way, but I don’t go out of my way to rag on him. It is what it is. Personally, I find the idea of Hook’s backstory infinitely more interesting…that’s my ‘personal taste’

• ECRC says:

Infinitely more interesting? UGH the hotness thing again… Hook…But I confess that I expected a much more interesting villain. And Hook hit Belle , he lowered a lot to me.
          Dont like abusive men….interesting? No, thanks.

I love Neal without Emma or with Emma, whatever the fate of him, I followed him up.
          Michael Raymond-James is a super talented actor. And does not matter to me whether he is good or evil. Because Michael elevates any character

• ej says:

I wouldn’t call disliking a character immature. But try to be specific why, and keep it to the actual portrayal on the show but NOT blame the actor. What’s immature is people who just say they dislike a character for no reason, b/c they dislike the actor, or b/c in their fanfiction fantasy world they want Emma to end up with a different character to the point that they have confabulated an OOC identity for that character and then transfer it onto the character the show’s writers and actors are trying to present with their own vision in mind. At some point, you’ve got to accept what a show is delivering and not try to jump ahead or slap your own interpretation onto a character and then get pissy about anyone who’s just watching the show as it’s presented without specific shipping expectations. Does that mean you will ever like every character? Of course not. But everyone remember Dawn. Did ANYONE like her in her first episode of Buffy? HELL NO. She was hated for quite a few episodes, to my recollection, and yet look how loved that character turned out to be once her backstory was explained and her character was given a chance to develop? What’s immature is shooting down a character after a single episode. Just think of how many pilots are kind of crap b/c everyone met and shot the thing in one week with hardly any prep time… and yet the subsequent episodes end up being vastly improved. In a sense, each episode of OUAT that introduces a new character or relationship and that storyline is like a pilot and both the actor, writers, and other cast are still feeling it all out to develop a certain interpersonal dynamic. At least wait until AFTER “Manhattan” to pass final judgment. That’s all I’m saying.

• Patti says:

I like Neal. I’m looking forward to his story and hope he is Emma’s true love.

2. Krystan says:

Excited for Cougar Town, but sad Fringe is ending. I assume someone is going to die and I can’t handle it if it is Peter or Olivia. I guess it is Fringe and that means no death is really permanent.

• jenna says:

for some reason I feel like Astrid might be the one getting the bad news ( or the victim if something does happen) it would be a good way to give her a wrap up storyline since she is such an important character.

• Lexi says:

Please can you write me down what he says after “one of the major characters gets some very bad news about…” ? I’m french and he speaks really fast so I didn’t understand :D

• Alichat says:

He says “they might not want to buy some green bananas..” It’s a euphemism meaning they will be dying soon. (They won’t be around long, so they shouldn’t buy green bananas because green bananas aren’t ripe. So they would need to wait for them to ripen before they can eat them. But if they are dying soon, they won’t be around to enjoy them when they ripen.)

• Ella B. says:

according to the promos for the last few episodes, the plan resets time. while i’m glad that (seems to) mean everything will right itself and everyone who died will be back, it sort of seems like a waste of their final season. jump into a miserable future, brutalize every character, break them down, and then suddenly they’re back where they started and one of it ever happened? hopefully there’s more going on than that.

• Alichat says:

Yeah but he said someone gets some bad news….one of the major characters…..which I took to mean we find out that they are sick and are going to die, but perhaps not that we see it happening in the finale. At least I hope we don’t see it happening. I hope it’s left to be open-ended…..meaning, as you said, we’re left with the hope that perhaps a cure or fix of some kind could be found. I am with you though that I don’t want it to be Peter or Olivia. Just don’t want that. I wonder what he means by major character? Is that Walter, Peter, or Olivia….or does that include Astrid and Broyles…..or September? I have always had a feeling that Walter will need to sacrifice himself for this plan to work….not sure why, but that’s what I’ve felt.

• ben says:

Please, no open endedness. I really hope not. If someone is going to die, I’d rather know it than be left believing it but not get the closure. There is no ‘hope’ in a cliffhanger ending, just frustration.

• Brian says:

I think Walter is going to sacrifice himself to make his plan work (he is technically responsible for EVERYTHING since he opened the portal to the other universe, so it makes sense). I also think the final scene will be that time is “reset” somehow and the last moment will be Peter, Olivia, and their daughter in the park but without the observers showing up. That’s how I would end it…

3. Sara says:

So, sweets’ childhood, Booth’s mom and Brennan’s mom (sort of). I love where this is going.

4. Julie says:

I never want to know more about Sweets childhood or Sweets either until he moves out of the Mighty Hut.

• caprigirl60 says:

I feel like I already know enough about Sweets childhood. Adopted at age 6 by elderly parents, was abused prior to being placed in foster care, mom worked the carny circuit, he had perfect attendance at his private school through 6th grade and went to work at the FBI as a psychologist by the age of 22. That was more than enough info for me.

• Kay says:

Exactly and Ausiello just wants to rile us up, he knows the online fans are not Sweet’s fans. Just trying to rain on our parade today with the announcement of a season 9.

• Amber says:

Mike and Matt are just being childish and immature towards the Bones fandom now. They know through their comment sections that many Bones are sick to death of Sweets and spoilers on the most useless character on Bones, yet they keep on posting this crap.

• I am Judging You Now TV Line says:

To quote Willow from Buffy “BORED NOW” with every Sweets spoiler you post. There are other Bones characters to give spoilers on TVLine. More popular characters at that too.

• Jess says:

Hey M & M, if you see Hart or David at the Fox party tonight could you please get any spoiler deets on Booth’s mom, casting ideas for her, how long will her arc last AND if Parker & Pops will be returning to Bones this season. I miss seeing the Booth boys together. Thanks, Jess.

• zaza says:

I like Sweets and have long been wanting to know more about his background, ever since Bones saw the scars on his back. I’m just sorry they will have Daisy on there again. I hope they are not planning to get them back together. I want to see Sweets with someone new.

• petradgoode says:

Amen, zaza! I would hate to see him return to her. I think that breakup was a long time coming. Carla Gallo is a terrific actress and Daisy is a funny character but they never wrote any depth or sensitivity into her while everybody else has developed, especially Sweets. The way it’s been written, he has completely outgrown her.

So yeah, I would love to see him find someone new too. Although I am in no hurry for him to move out of the Brennan/Booth homestead ;)

• janie says:

Sweets has NO business taking.over Parker’s room for as long as he has now. It was only ever suspose to be temp AND It is beyond creepy, a grown up man sleeping in a kids room. I hope Booth gets Parker a new bed. Yuck. Its time that Sweets grows a set and finds his own frakking apartment: rent, buy or get a room mate. I Do.Not.Care. Just get him out of Parker’s room, creeper. And let B&B have some personal time alone without that creeper butting in every home moment they have. UGH

5. runnergirl says:

Please add a transcript for hearing impaired users.

6. Rebecca Parker says:

I think it would be really helpful if you included with these videos what time the discussion of each show starts and ends, because I’m behind on some shows, don’t watch others, and love others. So I’d like to hear what’s being said about Cougar Town, but I don’t want to be spoiled for other things.

So just add something like:
    (this is just an example and not accurate)

0-1:23: Cougar Town
    1:24-3:14: Fringe
    3:15-5:18: Scandal
    etc., etc.

Please consider doing this! Thanks!

• SAM says:

These guys are probably not going to do that for you because (1) they want you to watch the whole segment, and (2) you run your own risk of getting a “spoiler” just by visiting such a website. If you are that concerned about it, you can do what I do, which is just fast-forward on the “play” button until I see a photo of a show that I follow and then watch that segment.

• Butters says:

My guess is that you have a very complicated Starbucks coffee order too.

• soundscene says:

I’d be happy just to watch the video–I kind of hate the videos on TVLine because I can’t view any of them at work (while I’m on a very reasonably-timed break, of course).

7. Excited about the Scandal bits but I’m really hoping that this Defiance SL is tied up by 2.13 and that the back 9 has a different mystery. And I really hope that Fitz doesn’t have memory lost, that would be ridiculously soapy.

8. ECRC says:

Cant wait for to see Neal Cassidy again and his great mystery revelations!

9. Tom says:

Some people make New Year’s resolutions, I go with New Year’s peeves — much easier to stick with those. One of my peeves for 2013 is the practice of posting video content without text. It’s much easier to skim through a few paragraphs of text for interesting items than to sit through an 8-minute video hoping to be rewarded with something good. I’ve enjoyed your spoilers (the text version) in the past, but I’ll be looking elsewhere in 2013.

• Lauren says:

Yes, welcome to the year 2013 indeed. Videos happen, LOL.

• Tom says:

You’re missing the point. It’s about using the right tools for the job. There’s nothing wrong with video. But a subject like “spoilers” doesn’t lend itself to a sequential presentation. I only care about spoilers for the shows I watch. Everything else is a waste of time. With text it’s pretty easy to skim to the parts of a story I care about. With video you have to listen to a load of crap just to hear the parts that matter. This is an issue of conveying useful information to the consumer in an efficient fashion vs. wasting time on self-serving grandstanding. The former is a better approach to getting people to keep returning to your site.

• zaza says:

I agree with you Tom. It’s boring to watch spoilers on shows I don’t watch. Plus, the online videos are kind of glitchy, making it hard to fast forward to the info you DO want.

• ej says:

Here here. Videos are fine for people who are interested in all of the content, but otherwise, a text synopsis of the spoilers in a subsequent post would be nice.

10. Bella says:

I like Sweets

• Lisa says:

Me too. The Sweets hatred confuses me. Maybe folks are still grumpy Zack Addy is gone and see Sweets as his “young main character” replacement.
      I would think because Sweets is a Bones/Booth shipper from the getgo and assisted that storyline to progress, that fans would feel a solidarity with him. It’s not like they use him more than other supporting characters.
      Plus, he gets a pass in my book regardless because he’s Sam Weir. SAM WEIR, people.

• Reds Fan says:

I despise Sweets UGH The most overused, useless Mary Sue character on tv in a long while. Boring.

• soundscene says:

It’s strange that your hatred is so strong. He’s just a character.
        And I dislike the Mary Sue moniker. I don’t write, so I’m not personally invested in the idea, but most writers add elements of themselves into their characters. To shame them for it is counter-intuitive to the process of creation.

11. petradgoode says:

Sweets is my favorite character on Bones although I love them all. I would also think people who love Bones and Booth would love Sweets because THEY do and watching them interact with him this season is showing a whole new side of them. I have also been waiting to hear more about what happened to him ever since the Mayhem episode that revealed some of his past.

And yeah. Sam Weir, people!!! Please. Props.

• me again says:

I am a Brennan and Booth fan, and a shipper from Day 1, this has nothing to do with Sweets, who only joined in S3 So stop assumming unrelated dots the dots why people must like Sweets.If people dont like him it’s to do with the character and said writing of said character. Use logic please… Plus Freaks and Geeks gets no props from me at all It got.cancelled for many good reasons.

• soundscene says:

You Sweets haters get way too invested in your hatred–you’re lashing out at people for even attempting to understand you.
        The comment about Freaks and Geeks… well… lol… lets agree to vehemently disagree.

12. Patti says:

I love Neal on Once Upon a Time. I want more of him and I am rooting for Neal&Emma.

13. Kelly says:

Neat Sweets scoop. I’m thrilled Neal is coming back on Once Upon a Time. He’s quickly become a favorite of mine and I ship him with Emma as much as I ship Rumbelle.

14. love22 says:

Cant wait for to see Neal Cassidy!!!!!

15. Sara says:

My money in on OUAT’s Mr. Gold being Henry’s grandpa!!

16. I seldom leave a response, however i did some searching and wound up
    here [VIDEO] Fringe Series Finale Spoilers –
    Plus: Scoop on Cougar Town, Scandal & More – TVLine.
    And I actually do have a few questions for you if it’s allright.
    Could it be simply me or does it look like a few of these responses look like they are coming from brain dead
    individuals? :-P And, if you are posting on other sites, I’d like to follow everything fresh you
    have to post. Would you make a list of all of all your shared pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or
    twitter feed?