Bones Renewed For Ninth (and Final?) Season

Get More: News, Renewals

bones methodmadness blogEight is apparently not enough for Bones: Fox has renewed its Monday night staple for a ninth season.

The network broke the news Tuesday morning at its portion of the Television Critics Association’s winter press tour in Pasadena.

Last March, Bones creator Hart Hanson expressed confidence that the series would see a ninth season. “In many ways, Bones is Fox’s most successful hour-long scripted drama,” he contended. “So I’m very confident we’ll be back.”

VIDEO | Brennan Learns a (Trip-the-Light) Fantastic Secret About Booth’s Past

In making the announcement, Fox stopped short of declaring Season 9 the show’s last. “After more than 150 episodes, Bones continues to be one of television’s most dynamic and consistent dramas,” entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly said in a statement. “We at Fox, along with millions of zealous fans, look forward to seeing where the incredible creative team takes the series next season.”

TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard has been updated!

Tags: ,

Comments (111)

• Yay! Great news.

Comment by JT – January 8, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! so happy to this

Comment by Lorena – January 8, 2013 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!! thank you Fox! And Hart! And all you other wonderful people!

Comment by faith_brennan – January 8, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see why they keep teasing us about the last season. This show is a big hit. Keep a good thing going people!!! Happy about season nine but good stuff needs to keep going. Look how long Star Trek went and its still a hit every time! Bones has everything, drama, comedy, suspence, thriller, mystery, learning and love(the real ups and downs of it), even music and LOTS of heart. There isn’t a better show going. I’m so tired of the garbage thats on anymore. p.s. Bring back Zach!

Comment by Beth Greathouse – January 9, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just keep it coming! I love watching the show.

Comment by Lorena Avila – January 9, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This Show should never end…
    It’s better than CSI and NCIS and all of that!

Comment by Christa – January 28, 2013 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I ever have a daughter I want to name her Temprance. And my husband remiss me of Booth <3

Comment by Amy m. Ruiz – March 20, 2013 02:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reminds*

Comment by Amy m. Ruiz – March 20, 2013 02:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should get rid of the show! The cast looks worn out and tired . Even David borenaz admits that he don’t want to do it anymore.

Comment by Kilroy – March 25, 2013 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww this mad me so happy as I’m Inlove with the show. But I do think they need more drama and to heat up bones and booths relationship….

Comment by Maddi – April 16, 2013 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show! Lets go for season 9-10-11-12-or more. Let’s bring Russ; Jared & Hank back. Maybe a surprise visit from Hannah.what ever happen 2 Jacob there is so much more Bones 2 See!

Comment by doretua – April 16, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am happy for a season 9…and I hope Bones and Booth still are together for the next season. I love watching them together…they are the best couple….

Comment by Stephanie – April 22, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show and hope it continues for many more seasons

Comment by Ella Williams – April 29, 2013 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the best Season ever! I love it! Hope there will be a season 9 and 10 and many more too come,if I’m not watching it literally feels as if I have nothing left to do with my life,makes me feel like I’m in the movie

Comment by Gaylene – May 29, 2013 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to say I’m not happy with the way they left this last season. It will happened before in other shows When you break people up because of some A hole that got written in. You better fix this or it will be the end of your show. We all love the romance. Don’t screw it up.

Comment by SAndra – June 3, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • should be on longer than svu

Comment by darrin sachinski – November 16, 2013 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another show that was once good overstaying its welcome. The story lines are boring and the show is devolving into subplots that are trite and stilted.

Comment by Fritzsimmons – January 9, 2014 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post