Exclusive Banshee Video Sneak Peek: There's a New Sheriff in Town — and He's Ripped!

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

Talk about good timing.

In this exclusive clip from Friday’s premiere of Cinemax’s new drama Banshee, an inopportune phone call becomes quite fortuitous for Antony Starr‘s Lucas, an ex-convict and master thief (we wouldn’t mind him stealing a set of those washboard abs for us) who finds himself in a pickle.

RELATED | Exclusive: Cinemax’s Banshee Snags Once Upon a Time Princess Anastasia Griffith

(Later in the episode, Lucas assumes the identity of the incoming sheriff of Banshee, Penn. – that would be the lifeless guy on the ground — and continues to carry on his criminal activities even as a group of bad guys hunts him down.)

The new series from True Blood‘s Alan Ball and House‘s Greg Yaitanes debuts Friday at 10/9c.  Press PLAY on the video below, then hit the comments: Are you planning to tune in?

Loading video...

Comments (9)

• I am definitely looking forward to this series, the e eye candy makes watching all the more worthwhile.

Comment by Jay2013 – January 8, 2013 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alan Ball? i can’t even wait!

Comment by shlee – January 8, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had to do a trip take because he is like an identical twin to Scott Speedman!

Comment by Sara – January 8, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought he looked more like guy from Spartacus.

Comment by Shaun – January 8, 2013 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly what I thought!! He could be Scott Speedman’s doppleganger!

Comment by Curly Girly – January 9, 2013 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought it was scott speedman for the first few episodes! Then had to make sure , cause there were some things that made me think that it might not be him! I am so glad that I wasn’t the only one who thought that.
      Can’t wait for the second season!!!!!

Comment by Stacie – October 19, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anthony Starr? Good lord, I haven’t seen this kid since he bested Goliath on Xena. He’s gotten a lot more buff and gruff. I approve.

Comment by keja – January 8, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to seeing Van West rock the US in Banshee…

Comment by Richard – January 10, 2013 01:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just caught first two episodes and now I need more info on this show and nothing, anywhere … Got to keep digging before I get too committed!

Comment by Suz – January 19, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post