Necessary Roughness Renewed for Season 3

Get More: News, Renewals

Necessary Roughness - Season 2Doctor Dani is staying in the game for another year.

USA Network on Monday renewed Necessary Roughness for a 10-episode third season.

Necessary Roughness is an important page in our network playbook,” the cabler’s co-presidents Jeff Wachtel and Chris McCumber said in a joint statement. “With a standout team of actors and writers playing at the top of their game, the upcoming seasons promise to deliver high-impact and creative storytelling.”

The pickup means USA has now renewed its entire summer lineup, which includes Suits, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, Royal Pains and White Collar.

RELATED | Exclusive: Smash Alum Will Chase Is Gonna Rock Necessary Roughness

Roughness‘ sophomore run resumes Wednesday, Jan. 23 at 10/9c, with five all-new episodes leading up to the finale.

Comments (22)

• Great News and thanks for posting the S2 return date. Been wondering about that.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 7, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yayyyyy!!!!

Comment by Jenna Vento (@jvento) – January 7, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • phew!!! looking forward to the return of this season and the next. Here’s hoping more viewers tune in! It’s a great show.

Comment by laura – January 7, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just saw this on Fb (for the second time) and came straight here to make sure. YAY!!!!

Comment by tp – January 7, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah!!!!! Love this show.

Comment by Liz985 – January 7, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i had googled this a couple hours ago, before this post was put on, and it said that the show was renewed in november? hmm maybe it was unofficially renewed.

Comment by mario – January 7, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve seen it mentioned (including on TV By The Numbers’ scripted cable renewal scorecard) long before now. I’m wondering if it was just unofficial until now, though?

Comment by Brooke – January 7, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think so because it was posted on the official Fb page sometime ago then it was taken down.

Comment by tp – January 7, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, but not Common Law. Thanks for nothing, USA.

Comment by @heather_kaye – January 7, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic news! After losing Common Law, Fairly Legal and Political Animals, I couldn’t take any more heartbreak from USA.

Comment by wordsmith – January 7, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well this is a nice surprise! I wasn’t expecting it to return. Yay more Blucas!! I hope they tweak it a little though. I’m not a fan of the Dani/Nico relationship.

Comment by Alichat – January 7, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m the opposite. Nico is more suited for her than Matt. Both of them are scrumptious and great guys so I won’t be disappointed either way.

Comment by tp – January 7, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • danico fan all the way,hate matt and if theyre gonna drag it out before they put dani and nico together then id rather see her date someone NEW than to put her back with matt(they are wayyyyy to BORING)callie has soooo much chemistry with scott!!

Comment by debbie – February 21, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This news makes me happy :)

Comment by Eliza – January 7, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Network playbook”? “Actors and writers playing at the top of their game”? “High-impact and creative storytelling”? Whew, they’re really laying the puns on thick.
    That said, I love the show, so this is happy news.

Comment by DL – January 7, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Outstanding !!!

Comment by Bob – January 17, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • another stupid program with nor reality to it. A therapist acting like she does would have their license taken!

Comment by pops – January 30, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad that Necessary Roughness can stay on my playlist. Add another show on my list renewed.

Comment by Debra Brown – February 20, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait for the 3rd season!!!! I hope she realizes she wants nico….i see chemistry there…where with her and matts gorgeous self seems to be all lust!

Comment by Tiffany – March 1, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE that it is coming back for season 3 – BUT really ONLY 10 episodes? If you want more to watch, please do not shorten the season – we are getting cheated!

Comment by Kerry – March 3, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Another of my shows has been renewed. I just started watching Necessary Roughness recently. Now I can watch it another season. Looking forward to it.

Comment by Debra Brown – March 3, 2013 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post