Jennifer Esposito Not Returning to Blue Bloods

Jennifer Esposito Leaving Blue BloodsWhat was initially billed as a medical leave now appears to be a permanent one.

Sources confirm to TVLine that Blue Bloods actress Jennifer Esposito — who departed from the CBS drama in October amid controversy — is not expected to reprise her role as Det. Jackie Curatola this season. Or next season.

Or ever.

As reported back in October, CBS says the actress requested “a very limited part-time schedule” that the demands of the role could not accommodate, so they put her (and her character) on a leave of absence.

Esposito, however, claimed the network knew her request was the result of her battle with Celiac Disease and at the advice of her doctor, and claimed she was being kept from working elsewhere during her “unpaid leave.”

Blue Bloods meanwhile is rotating in new characters played by Megan Ketch and Megan Goode to sub for her Detective Jackie Curatola.

1. Carm says:

Not happy. For some reason I do not like the show as much without her.

• Amy says:

Me neither. None of the “replacements” have the same chemistry with Danny. He always has the meatiest stories, but these last few episodes have lacked the same punch now that he’s lost his partner.

• kathie says:

I would agree 100% and He should be fighting to get ther back…his role is certainly not the same

• Angie Kloibhofer says:

Jennifer Esposito is a very talented, real actor! I think CBS should learn about Jennifer’s battle with Celiac Disease and give the woman her job back, this is going on for too long. I don’t understand how CBS thinks they are going to find another actor that works so well with Donnie Wahlberg. I mean no disrespect to the actors CBS has tried out! Please do the right thing and bring Jennifer back soon CBS! I watched Blue Bloods tonight and Jennifer was on … even though it was a repeat but it was so nice to see the collaboration with Donnie and Jennifer, it was like the cast was back to normal again. I think the repeat show you had playing tonight, is the perfect show for CBS to rewatch and see the amazing and real connection between the two of them. That show says it all…!

Angie from Canada

• Darcy says:

As a doctor I agree! Learn that the actors are human with human issues! You are losing viewers inuding me! Oops….

• Linda says:

I’m now watching the new partner. She’s horrible. Jennifer Esposito should be brought back. There was so much chemistry. I love the show but very disappointed withCBS execs Les Moonves should know better not to get rid of one of the best actors in his show. Donny Wahlberg should’ve stood up for her and Tom Selleck.

• gpikky says:

I AGREE!!!!

• Linda says:

Very disappointed Jennifer Espisito not on. I totally agree the show lacks something since she is gone. No chemistry happening with the others and I do not mean to disrespect the other actors, it is just that I really enjoyed watching her and Donny Wahlberg interact.

• Jc says:

They should give her job back with a raise!!

• Anne Levesque says:

I agree. The show is not the same, the other fill-ins are very boring. Come on Danny. Don’t you have any say in getting Jennifer back. Even part time would help.

• Joyce Senatro says:

Ditto. I have missed her and hope that CBS works out a way to get her back. The show (and Danny) is better with her.

• Ted Wyche says:

I also hope Jennifer comes back, but she now has opened a Bakery in NY>. she makes
            special baking products.. it seems like she may stay with it. but still there is hope we can
            see her again on Blue Bloods..

• judy says:

the team of danny and jackie could have been important and i think blue bloods is missing a vital element by deposing jennifer because of her problems with celiac disease. they could have worked with her! i have stopped watching the show in support for her cause – as a fellow celiac sufferer i understand what she has been through and will continue to go through. i wish her the best.

• Mull says:

The shoe sucks without Esposito.

• DIO says:

DITTO! Jen & Danny had the “right chemistry to make it tantalizing, but serious as partners; I also love the fact that Danny’s wife isn’t “jealous” of his partner, Jennifer’s character fits right in at dinner or a function, she just fits! NOT HAPPY!!!!!!! Don’t like the other partners, bring back Jennifer Esposito!

• Esther Goldrich says:

Agree with you 100%, you describe Danny & Jackie just right! the replacements have been DUDS!

• Connie Owens says:

I also agree with everyone!! I miss her, she fits like a glove with the cast , wonderful chemistry. Bring her back !
          Connie Owens

• Bren says:

Totally agree! I mean why get these ditzy blonde actresses in to ‘cover’ for her. The personality is just not there. It has really taken away from the show and I think Mr Wahlberg and Mr Selleck should have stepped in. (I am a blonde so nothing against them, just the chemistry is wrong in my humble opinion)

• Dwana mcGuigan says:

I love Jennifer! The chemistry just isn’t there! Please bring her back!

• darryl smith says:

BRING BACK JENNIFER!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ted Wyche says:

CBS it seems doesn’t care about the viewers choice. they had screwed up with Unforgettable.. they screwed up with CSI Miami by by putting it on Sunday night against
          Sunday Night Football and it was cancelled.. now the Mentalist is probably next as they
          have put it on Sunday’s as well , and it is a good show.. so they probably won’t make a
          fair decision on Blue Bloods… Jennifer no doubt is the correct actor for this show. and a
          lot of viewers have made some comments in her favor. you would think that they would
          want the show to make it… it is a good show and has good ratings.. I do follow the ratings
          on a lot of show, I am not one who knows the TV business. for sure. but can tell anyone
          that a good show is a good show.. it doesn’t take too many brains to figure this out. CBS
          has given us most of the good shows on the TV.., they deserve credit for that.. good choices
          in putting on good shows.. so they are making a ton of money on these good choices. so I
          hope they will make a good choice and bring Jennifer back to Blue Bloods . and the whole
          cast is kept in place.. no doubt that the show is a good one..

• theresa says:

AGREE! She made the connection we need for a tough female cop w feelings and decency too. The two newbies do not fit in w what she provided!

• Shirl says:

I agree; I loved the show, without Jennifer the show seems off balanced.

• Beth says:

Not happy about this! She had great chemistry with Donny/Danny. It’s a shame!

• Grace says:

I have to agree – the wishy-washy personalities of Danny’s new partners just aren’t satisfying. And they’ve all been blondes for some reason. Now that it looks like Jennifer Esposito isn';t going to return, I hope they find someone to fill her shoes. They haven’t so far.

• khersh says:

Bring back Jennifer. There is a real relationship between Danny and Jennifer. Plus she fits the role of the cop much better. I was always happy when she had a bigger storyline. She IS Danny’s partner.

• Annie says:

Glad to see I’m not alone on this…after last week’s episode, with the replacement partner now leaving, I was so excited thinking Jennifer might be back!!! Sad to read this and sorry to hear about her medical condition. Why not give her part-time? Better part-time than no-time, or replacement partners that don’t fit the bill. And, please, NEVER have Danny and his partners become anything more than that…stay on track with providing good entertainment, and not love triangle drama, like other shows. Congrats on all of the other casting for Blue Bloods…a great group!

• MKG says:

Figures. Everytime Jennifer gets a decent role and gets the audience to enjoy her character she screws it up and looses her job. What is it with her? Spin City, Samantha Who and Mercy. All down the tubes.

• Dianne says:

Shame on you. She didn’t screw up, she got sick. Obviously you don’t know anyone with celiac disease or you wouldn’t make such a comment.

• James Muston says:

Just is like anyone else in any job anywhere, if she can no longer do the job she gets replaced. With luck, her health improves enough that she can return to work. They have light duty in many jobs, but you still have to be able to meet certain demands to even do that. She is a great actor, when able to work, but right now she can’t meet the job requirements; thus medical leave. Like anyone else if her disability goes to long, she gets replaced permantly. Just because she is a minority and female changes nothing. It’s called equal rights!

• Jean Hopkins says:

Right! The show just isn’t the same without her. Her character and Danny really carried the show and it does not work without her. She was just so tough and real.

• Annie says:

I watched a rerun last Friday that Jackie was in. It was wonderful to see her with Danny again. I love the chemistry Danny has with his wife, but Jackie is the best partner he has had. I sure wish CBS would think again about letting her go.

• Linda B. says:

I watched a rerun with Jennifer this week. She really added so much.

As someone said why not incorporate her illness or an illness. And when she is ill get
        a fill-in partner til she feels better.

Danny does need a partner every time he works. So the above should work.

• carol says:

I loved Jennifer and agree she and Danny together were wonderful but I still love Blue Bloods! If she can’t work the required hours, find someone with some spunk, edge, fire like her. The replacement is too soft, ordinary, doesn’t have the NYPD toughness.

• tlc says:

Exactly – they need someone with “edge” not wimpy girly girls. This new one in March might be pretty good, she seems to have a little bit of an edge. She needs to be sassy to deal with Donnie :)

• Gloria says:

I’m not happy either. I agree that the replacements that they’ve had so far do not have the same chemistry as Donny and Jackie. BB needs to find a way to bring her back!!!

• Rihard says:

I liked Jennifer also………………but Megan Ketch was a very nice replacement. I don’t like this other girl (Megan Goode) as much as Megan Ketch. Bring back Megan Ketch!

• bob says:

I agree, to she and Danny had a great dynamic chemistry. That should be played out. But hey Tom selleck is great.

• Ted Wyche says:

I agree that the show is not the same without Jesnnifer.. she is just a natural with Danny.. the
      CBS network screwed up when they first cancelled Unforgettable. a wonderful show. and now
      they have ordered 13 episodes for the Summer.. sometimes CBS needs to take a step back and
      look at what they are doing. please bring this nice lady back. and thanks for getting the series
      unforgettable back for us all..

Ted
      Ocala Fl

• Lee Duese says:

Jennifer Esposito was a very important character in Blue Bloods. It is not the same without her. I wish the other actors would fight to get her back.

I like Blue Bloods. It is my favorite show and I don’t see it without Jennifer Esposito. She is going to be missed. BRING HER BACK.

• BWS says:

I believe she should keep role…..It’s a real shame please get back….I love Blue Blood….keep the staff…..tks…Everyone makes It work….Work her condition in like you do when someone is expecting, it will give show a little more life….Let me write a episode or two Jennifer will workout find…

• Warren says:

Bring her back. Her and Danny are the best. Show isn’t the same!

• Ted Wyche says:

Everyone should know by now that it is the almighty dollar that keeps this lady off the show
        and nothing else… if it was one of the producers they would be paid. so sad that they have
        to act like this and not treat Jennifer like a human being..

• bobbi says:

agree….she was perfect for his sidekick….great on her own and down-to-earth as the Reagan family is….so, they needed that connection….they worked well together and he fed off her and she off him….he needs her to remain relevant….imho the show is very good but, they need to get her back to make it what it was…..imagine not understanding she has that awful ailment and trying to push her out….bet they wouldn’t do that to a man

• Theresa Payon says:

Please put Jennifer Esposito back on so I can watch Blue Blood again.

• Sandi says:

Me too! I love Jackie! I wish her the best and good health.

• Bob says:

If she were in school or at most jobs, IDEA would require an accommodation for her condition provided she had the medical diagnosis to back it up. Too bad the entertainment business is above those with disabilities. The postings are correct. She should be back on Blue Bloods because of her talent, chemistry and acting ability that adds so much to the show.

• Greg says:

Eat crow and bring back Jennifer Esposito. She really adds to the show and it just is not as good without her. The clock is ticking, don’t be foolish, write her back in the show now.

• Ted Wyche says:

You’re right Greg,,, CBS ;should just bring this young woman back to the show ..they have
        to have someone.. no doubt about that.. so it would make more sense to have someone
        that is accepted into the minds of the viewers.. the one’s that really care about her.. as you
        and me do.. and of course thousands of other viewers.. we are not asking for anything big
        deal as far as the producers are concerned.. I jusr hope that Jackie is in good enough
        healh to come back. or Jennifer.. there is a new show tonight. will have to see what is on
        there .. it is about Reagan family matters…Lets hope Jennifer is included.. I know someone
        else would pick her up for another series.. but we all love her in this show.. she is just so
        perfect in this series. come on CBS bring her back ,, I hope the co-stars are rooting for her
        too.. they all seem to be so nice.. of course we know the other actors from other shows.. and I think co-actors so to speak do look out for each other. they have been together for
        a long time now.. so they are all close hopefully.. good luck Jennifer.. I mean that from my
        heart..

• Tc says:

Wish you could work it out with her she fit so well with Danny. We the viewers would love to see her back

• Paul Millard says:

I am not in the least bit happy about this, Jennifer played the part of Jackie perfectly,, she was endearing and important to us, the fans of Blue Bloods, but you guys at CBS don’t listen or care what we think or feel about the cast, you could have worked with her disability until she got better ! there is no one like Jackie for Danny’s partner, the chemistry is not there with these replacements that was there with Jackie.

• KATHY says:

I AGREE BRING JENNIFER BACK.

• Smurbun says:

I agree..my husband and I just discovered Blue Bloods and we love the show, but noticed that Jennifer has been missing..was sad to discover that she won’t be back. She is an important part of the chemistry that is evident in this group of very talented actors!

• Patti Reid says:

I’m with you on that! She is such a believable NYPD Detective, and is just perfect for the part! No one can fill her shoes…bad move, CBS!

• Jacci says:

Esposita was AWESOME in BB. Best partner for “Danny Reagan.” Replacements don’t hold a candle to her. BRING JACKIE BACK!

2. cw says:

That’s too bad. She and “Danny” were great together. The show isn’t as good without her.

3. Cheryl says:

This makes me sad :(

4. kanenation says:

As much as I enjoy Jennifer.. I don’t really miss Jackie that much. My favorite on the show ( and way way way under utilized) is Jamie…so I feel badly about how they treated her, but that’s CBS …look how they treated Paget Brewster and AJ Cook. But Jackie being gone won’t stop me from watching Blue Bloods.

5. Wrstlgirl says:

I love the show just as much as before. Makes no difference to me. Last Fridays episode was great!

• CAM says:

I couldn’t agree more! I actually forgot about all of this. I think there is most likely more to it than we’ve heard, too.

• Kim R says:

I feel the same way. I don’t even notice she’s gone. :)

• Liu says:

Jackie sets the bar pretty high. But the new partner isn’t too shabby either. She’s growing on me. Now, just when I’m fine with whatever Megan they had for these past few episodes, there’s gonna be another Megan coming? Bah.

6. Carol says:

Such a shame….the new partner is terrible, and the show is just boring without her.

7. Jooshua says:

Goode Ketch

8. Trresa says:

Danny Walberg has no chemistry with the Blonde replacement. Don’t like his scenes without Esposito

9. rainey13 says:

That’s too bad – Jackie was a good match for Danny. Not sure which Megan it was this last Friday – and not sure I care – because the character was just annoying. Danny, the show, and mostly the viewers deserve better.

10. Nicole says:

I was really hoping things would work out here. I blame CBS, they apparent treat women like crap there and are ok with the backlash.

11. Mike says:

Celiac disease is real and no joking matter and the fact that you or anyone to call out he legitimacy of a very real illness is disgusting.

• Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com says:

That irresponsible comment has been removed.

• greg says:

cbs has never questioned the legitimacy of the disease, it was that bitch jennifer who was insinuating whatever it is that’s causing the trashy drama.

the fact is, she should be the one responsible for her health & well being, if the doctor told her to take a rest, she should take a rest, hopefully a permanent one & not ask for special treatment w/c she does not deserve more or over the other cast & crew of the show

12. TeresaK says:

To Mike @ 3:16 pm: To my knowledge, this site has never questioned the legitimacy of Celiac’s disease, nor Ms. Esposito’s battle with the disease. TV Line has covered this as responsibly as possible, documenting CBS’ absolutely horrible treatment of an actress in their employ who has a well documented reason for working fewer hours. It’s shameful the way that CBS has refused to use Ms. Esposito, even in a limited capacity, on Blue Bloods, and they have actively sought out ways to deny her other career opportunities, thereby endangering her reputation & ability to have an income.

13. M says:

Megan BOONE. This is the second time this site has gotten it wrong

14. Moonlight4ever says:

CBS cares obviously is a lie. The viewers should get the blue flu and boycott the show. This actress us amazing in the role and should not be replaced because she has a condition. They could easily come up with some reason why she is not on the air as much.

15. Linderella says:

I have all 12 episodes from this season on my DVR unwatched hoping for a good outcome to this situation. Jennifer’s interaction with Donnie Wahlberg made the otherwise preachie show worth watching. Tom Selleck’s police commissioner comes across as sanctimonious and just a little too good for quality story telling. Guess I’ll have some extra room on my DVR.

• TV Gord says:

Your loss. It’s been a terrific season. I do miss Esposito, but I think you’re being short-sighted.

• Kelly says:

Jackie didn’t make the show for me..although I liked her. But viewers are missing out if they stop watching just because of her.

• Melinda says:

This actress was definitely not makes this show what it is. Numerous key players along with fantastic writers are what keep BLUE BLOODS on the top of the charts. I didn’t think it would be as good without Jennifer, I was wrong. I have continued watching and not really missing her. Sorry for her illness but, the show goes on.

• Ted Wyche says:

The season is almost over.. they have not used a partner for Danny in the last 2 episodes, so maybe they are thinking it over.. giving us a little sign that there is still hope for Jennifer
            so we will have to wait and see as they have not issued any notice about the show.. we can
            all hope that she comes back.. all of the main stars are important.. every one of them.. including Jennifer.. Please CBS make the correct choice.. for you and for Jennifer.. thanks

• Peter says:

I would’nt say terrific, It’s been ok, but Lets all be honest here, Danny’s new partner,what ever her name is, will never replace Jennifer Esposito, Blue bloods Has taken a huge drop in quality TV thanks to CBS.

16. patricia steele says:

all i gotta say is that blue bloods isnt the same without jennifer. danny and jackie were awesome together on blue bloods.

• I agree if jenerfer does not come back I won’t be back eather ! That end blue blood for ME !

• Ted Wyche says:

What can I say…. you know Mitchell only a very few people have made a comment about
        Jennifer being denied employmend and pay.. even though she has a binding contract.. if
        more people would stand up for her maybe we could get these CBS people to listen. of course they are going to do what they want to do… they can just close up the show and move on to a different series.. you and me know this.. CBS has by far the best tv series
        on and have had the good shows on for a long time.. no one can compete with them as far
        as good programming is concerned.. just this one Item really is not nice.. I hope Jennifer has
        some family helping her.. it shows that CBS isn’t helping her. jusr as I always say. so sad

17. I stopped watching. Take that CBS.

18. ragincajun says:

I’m sad about this, but obvioulsy the two parties could not work out a resolution and this move is for the best. However, they need to get a permanent partner for Danny, and neither of the two women noted in this article are cutting it. The producers needs to go after Teddy Sears. Donnie and he had some really good buddy chemistry in the couple of episodes in which he appeared.

19. Bobbi says:

I love the show but Danny deserves a partner with a personality. If two women have been playing his partner, it hasn’t seemed like it to me. Both of them are about as interesting as the paint on the wall. I really hope they make a better choice for the next season.

• CAM says:

I have to agree that he needs a better partner- someone who comes across as having more experience. However, I think there are a lot of good options out there other than Jennifer Esposito. I like her, but she can be replaced. I really have not missed her.

20. Sarah says:

That sucks I miss her

21. crystal says:

No doubt the cast and crew is secretly thrilled at this news. What a b—- on wheels! And no talent to back it up.

22. Mags says:

I just watched the first new show of 2013 and without Jackie, who appeared to be a real New Yorker, and Danny with Jackie were wonderful and appeared to be real partners. This new partner is a joke as a NY cop. A real joke. Poor casting, someone just got caught up thinking she is pretty, she is a terrible actress. Bring back Jackie!!!!!!!!

23. robinepowell says:

That’s too bad. I liked Jennifer on the show and thought her character was a good match with Donnie’s. Too bad CBS wasn’t more accomendating. :(

• ROZ says:

BAD MOVE, MOONVES WOULD RATHER HAVE HIS WIFE HAVE HER OWN SHOW(THE TALK) ANOTHER BRILLIANT MOVE GETTING RID OF TWO ORIGINAL STARS FOR HIS WIFE..WHAT A WIMP YOU ARE MOONEY… ROZ

• Ted Wyche says:

I would like to thank CBS for showing tonights Repeat of Blue Bloods with Jennifer staring
        in it…. everyone pay attention to CBS.. they are showing us that they did not forget her.. so
        give them a break.

• maggie says:

I also watched the rerun on March 1 and loved seeing the Jackie character as played by Jennifer. The chemistry between those two is marvelous! Unfortunately it doesn’t sound like the rift will be mended. Still love the show and all the other actors and the writing. I too think that her condition could have been written into the show and then we would all, viewers and actors, have benefited. Guess there are plenty of more pressing issues in our lives but the whole thing is a real bummer !!!!

• Ted Wyche says:

I hear you on that they will replace Jennifer.. but we all have to watch and see,, do not judge
            them on the past.. they may have mended the fences so to speak.. these people are all
            professionals and would not let a little argument keep them from bringing Jennifer back to
            the show. so there is always hope as long as they do try.. so lets give CBS/SONY the
            benifit of the doubt and see where they go with this.. it is a wonderful family show. CBS
            really does have most of the good shows on during prime time.. they can hold their heads
            high on that one.. Like I said in a last message that they saw the light on Unforgettable
            and have or will be bringing it back. so don’t read into everything that is written. thanks
            CBS for listening to us the public who buys the products that support these shows..

24. Ru says:

I liked her character–Jackie, and she will be missed, but right now her health is the 1st priority. Get well soon, your fans look forward to seeing you on their tv screens again.

25. Rachel says:

So have they officially let her go? Can she finally do something else? And if not, how much longer is her contract for???

26. thumper says:

not happy. i loved jennifer since i first saw her on spin city. ciliac disease is no laughing matter and i think the broadcaster handled this poorly. shame.

27. MGL says:

Not happy either. I like her character and she was a good match for Danny.

28. R.O.B. says:

Danny’s new partner is fine – give her a chance. I liked Jackie (even with that oddly shaped giant winter hat she would wear outside), but she was not a critical player. I wish they would lose the storylines about Danny’s kids, who are corny and not great actors. And I could deal with less Grandpa, too. The teenage daughter wears too much makeup. More Jamie/Danny storylines. Crime stuff.

29. Lani says:

I have to say, I am saddened by Jennifer’s departure, but take shows like JAG – they replaced Harm’s partner after the first season and ran well. Megan Ketch is not horrible, her and Danny have this playful sarcasm back and forth that could be entertaining. I think it is just going to take a bit of time to settle in. If not, hopefully CBS will find an actress that ‘meshes’ well with Danny. Just my two cents.

30. Donna says:

I’m sad Jackie has been written out (and without a worthwhile exit) but now that the dust has cleared and she’s not coming back, I hope they go out and find a real partner for Danny. The blonde stand ins have been as pale and unenthusiastic as their hair color. At the very least, cast a believable NYC cop – any hair color will do.

31. Amy says:

Bummed out. I really wanted “Jackie” back.

32. Snsetblaze says:

What I can’t figure out is why CBS could not accommodate her request. She is a minor character on par with Jaime’s partner. She has a little more to do that the Commissioner’s PR guy and his assistant and the grandkids but way less to do than any of the main characters. She really wasn’t in that many scenes overall.

• Robin says:

When I saw your post, I thought of something. You’re right about her playing a minor character. Maybe she already worked a limited schedule. Maybe they just couldn’t realistically reduce it further. Much of Donnie’s scenes are work-related, and they couldn’t drastically reduce those. And they can’t show him working cases without a partner.

I’m just speculating of course. I liked her on the show. I wish her all the best.

• greg says:

would you pay an employee that didn’t go to work

33. sarah says:

That is not good! I really liked Jackie more than new girl, even though she is slowly growing on me.

34. sarah says:

This is still one of the best shows on TV. That is too bad people are saying they will stop watching because she was let go. The show is about The Regan family, Jennifer was never made a series regular, so she was not the star of the show and if you just watched the show for her then that makes sense to stop watching but honestly while I did like, I watch the show for other people not her.

• Elizabeth says:

Esposito had a limited role, due to her condition, which the network later expanded once the show became popular. To treat a person the way CBS treated her is both unethical and unprofessional. It is discrimination based on a medical condition, of which the network was aware of when they hired her. For those who stop watching, it is a matter of principle and not popularity.

• Kathleen says:

I totally agree with this being an ethical issue. A main reason for this show’s popularity is its positive relationships and ethics of the characters. CBS can be applauded for the show, but then it turns around and unethically slams an actress… The hypocrisy is glaring…. I am giving up on the show…..and on CBS.

• greg says:

cut the crap, she got irked because the network put her on unpaid leave, if she had really wanted a fair deal, she would have renegotiated her contract & adjusted her pay according to the amount of time she puts in

• rmcepp says:

I think a little compassion could go a long way with this situation. Jackie E is battling a very unpleasant disease. CBS obviously does not care. i, too, would stop watching this show, but I can’t resist Tom Sellek.

• Patty says:

I completely agree this is discrimination. Disclaimer: I am a person who suffers from celiac disease, and have had to request understanding in the work place (which was generously given) so this naturally has my attention. But even after I learned what was happening, I continued to watch the show in hopes it would be worked out and Jennifer would be back. However, I honestly no longer think the show is as good… so I’ve given up. It is true that her character was not a Reagan family member… but most of the major plot lines involve Danny, and Jennifer was simply perfect as his partner. I have no idea why this is, only that it is. I feel the show seems to be missing something. Its not that Jennifer was the most important character, but its like making a chicken soup from scratch and leaving out the salt… its not that salt is the major ingredient, and some may say its not necessary, but I definitely think it makes the final product better!

Funny, I didn’t find out about what happened to Jennifer through a celiac forum… rather, I just noticed that something seemed flat about the show… which made me realize ‘Danny’s partner’ was missing… I didn’t even know her name… so I did a google search. Now, I know her name, I know she was unfairly and unjustly fired due to the network’s ignorance of a very serious disease, and I will follow and support her career. I sincerely hope that all works out well for Jennifer Esposito.

35. I stopped watching after she left. She made Danny at least endurable. These days, not so much. Bye Blue Bloods!

36. Randy says:

I liked them as partners. They seem to have more chemistry than Danny and his wife. That being said, it was annoying the first season when he had a different partner every episode before Jackie. What’s next, Danny goes to Boston for a case and partners with Jordan Knight.

37. Roses C says:

I totally agree with comments regarding chemistry with Danny R being better then with his wife. Perhaps a little threatening to someone? i can’t imagine what other reason there could be. She was great. Hopefully another show can handle such a strong actor.

38. Irene says:

Too bad they could not work it out but Jennifer was in the wrong whining to the press about it. I’m sorry she is battling a disease but it boils down to the fact that she could not fulfill her contract. It’s that simple. CBS is in the business of making money just like any other business.

39. Marcus says:

I would like to see them get Michael Imperioli. He can pull of the New York cop as he has done before. The converesations between him and Danny would be priceless!

• Roses C says:

Imperioli deserves another chance. His short lived series was great. But the fact still remains that Jennifer Esposito was also great. She gave that show a lot, the replacements sink into the walls. Is this deliberate? Or is it simply that like our great sports teams, only one thing matters and this is $. No one with any power seems to care about anything else.

40. Maggie says:

I stopped watching – CBS should bring Jennifer back. She added class and excitement to the show. Very poor casting for the new character. This is going to bring the reviews down and the probable result wll be a dropped show. Too bad I really looked forward to Friday nights!

• Kathleen says:

I agree; good shows like this should become regular TV fare.. However, CBS has treated an actress unethically and is hypocritical to the show’s message. Somehow, there doesn’t seem to be any real point to watching anymore….I have stopped watching too.

41. jennifer says:

I did like Jennifer Esposito and wasn’t really impressed with the new replacements. I think they are fine actresses my idea is more that the current replacement doesn’t come across as a strong enough character. The actress who plays his wife does a great job balancing with Danny’s but he needs someone who can pull that balance as his partner too. Walhberg is a good, strong actor and that should be considered when getting his character a partner.

42. bio says:

Jennifer Esposito was fantastic.. Not interested in the show anymore.

• Irene says:

The show wasn’t about Jennifer Esposito. It’s about the Reagens. If you decide not to watch it because of a minor character then you have not been paying attention

• Roses C says:

Jennifer E was the best actor on that show. Except for Tom Selleck, I don’t care how big he is, he is still as handsome as ever. Danny, however, does know how to play rage very well. Watching his wife and Jamie is like watching paint dry.

43. Debra Vicoli says:

I am so sad about Jennifer not being on the show. She is a fine actor and meshed well on the series . Please bring Jen back!

44. Laura says:

Dear CBS: What are you thinking?? Hello?? Bring Jennifer back. Nuff said. End of story.

45. mary says:

Bring back Jackie, she was great as a partner with “Danny” Unless the show writes some really interesting episodes, and there are few, we need Jackie back to make watching the show interesting by the interaction with Danny, caring for her partner, being likeable and just darn good acting return. I don’t think I’ll be watching much longer, CBS, don;’t be stubborn and ruin a good Friday show, BRING JACKIE BACK

46. Kathleen says:

I was exciting that such a show has made TV worth watching…then CBS dumps an actress with a disability without any accomodation. Why bother watching any more?

• Miss Lynne says:

Very good question! Why botherwatching? I hate when I’m made to feel like my opinion and others doesn’t matter. Just sad. I really enjoyed the repeats tonight with Jackie.

47. Don says:

I also miss Miss Esposito she made a good solid partner for Danny, it should be obvious to CBS that they made a mistake, but you can bet no CBS exec is going to admit that. I like Blue Bloods but liked it a lot better before her exit. Why not bring her back on a lighter schedule?

• Irene says:

She could not fulfill HER contract so why is it the fault of CBS? It may have gone better if she didn’t go whining to the press about the whole thing now wouldn’t it? Personally, I would fire her publicist and her manager over this. They allowed her to go public and now she looks like a prima donna who is hard to work with

• Miss Lynne says:

Come on! She has a disease that prevents her from working the strenuous schedule. She should be allowed to earn a living. Michael J. Fox is given a break just because his illness is visible. I am so sure that you would talk to the media too, in a case like hers. It’s discrimination against the disabled plain and simple.

48. Rosie Lyson says:

I miss her! Please bring her back!!!!

49. greg says:

don’t bring her back, the show is as great as before so don’t give her a chance to cause trashy drama again