2013 Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Cancelled? What's on the Bubble?

blog_combo_1.4.13_finalTV’s queasy season has arrived! From now until late May, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW will determine which shows are good to return next fall… and which will join Mob Doctor, Partners and Emily Owens, M.D. over at the MIA Network.

To help you monitor what’s staying, what’s going and what’s anxiously riding the “bubble,” we present you with our annual easy-to-browse cheat sheet.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Find Out Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel, so we strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates. As a reminder, the eight levels in TVLine’s reliable renewal index are as follows:
♦ Officially renewed
♦ A sure thing
♦ A safe bet
♦ Could go either way
♦ A long-shot
♦ Essentially cancelled
♦ Officially cancelled
♦ Too early to tell

And now, the Scorecard (use these links to jump to CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW).

ABC
666 Park Avenue: Officially cancelled.
The BachelorA sure thing. Officially renewed.
The BacheloretteA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Body of Proof: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially cancelled.
Castle: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Dancing With the Stars: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Don’t Trust the B—– in Apartment 23: A long-shot. Unofficially canceled.
Family Tools: Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.
Grey’s AnatomyA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Happy Endings: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life): Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.
Last Man Standing: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Last Resort: Officially cancelled; series finale aired Jan. 24.
Malibu Country: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
The MiddleA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Modern FamilyA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Nashville: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Neighbors: A long-shot. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Once Upon a TimeA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Private Practice: Officially cancelled; series finale aired Jan. 22.
Red Widow: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
RevengeA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Scandal: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Shark Tank: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Suburgatory: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Zero Hour: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE FOR CBS!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Cancellations, News, Renewal Scorecards, Renewals

1. Allon says:

I really hope the bring Back beauty and the beast for another season. At first i was sceptic about the show but the more i got into the show the more i enjoyed it. I thought it would be a sappy typicial love story and maybe it is but it has so much more to it then just that. I would be dissapointed if they cancel it. I loved Emily Owens MD it was a cool show different but cool. Hart of dixie is not the best show THE CW has but it has its plusses. I thing Beauty and the beast,Arrow and the Vampire diaries are THE CW’s best shows at this moment

2. tkff says:

Hello there, I discovered your site via Google at the same time as looking for a similar topic, your website got here up, it seems to be good. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks

3. T.harry says:

Vegas????? should be a sure thing! anyway i was estatic to see Chicago Fire back where it belongs and so go for Nashville.

4. katydega says:

Of course Touch is going to have bad ratings when Fox gives it the kiss of the dead by putting it on a Friday night. Is basically a new show, they shouldn’t be doing that, I bet if the “The following” was on Friday nights, it wouldn’t be doing so great. If it gets cancelled I hope Netflix saves it, at least for one more season, after all is #1 in like 50 countries.

• ike7 says:

Which countries? Got a source? Prove it! Otherwise you are just another desperate fan of another TV show spreading more false rumors about its supposed popularity overseas. And I should know — I’m a Nikita fan! Unlike other Nikita fans I don’t spread rumors about how it’s supposedly #1 in Taiwan or Thailand or some other place where hardly anybody has ever actually heard of the show.

• Mary S. says:

Dear atydega…they introduced Blue Bloods on a Friday night and have kept it there as a Friday night treat for those who prefer not to fight crowds on “date night” — but they also put CSI:NY on Friday nights and are now not immediately renewing it…I admit, I don’t care what night a program I like is aired, I set the DVR to record Any Day Any Time, but what I am figuring out is that “they” don’t care what you record, they only care what you watch as it is being aired. So maybe I have contributed in some way to the precarious position in which CSI:NY finds itself…If so, I deeply apologize! I cannot believe that they are renewing the Amazing Race and not this great show!!!

5. Anonymous says:

I tend not to leave many comments, but i did a few searching and wound up here %BLOG_TITLE%. And I actually do have a couple of questions for you if it’s allright. Is it just me or does it look as if like a few of the comments look as if they are coming from brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are posting at other online social sites, I would like to follow everything fresh you have to post. Would you list of every one of all your social sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?|

• Mary S. says:

I agree, there are people defending shows that I have never watched and would not, but who are you to say that they are brain-dead? Just because you don’t like what they are saying does not give you the right to be so rude! And, if you dislike their comments, why would you want to follow them on other sites? Do you want to be rude to them in all other venues as well?
      We are commenting about shows we like and hope will be renewed plus a few questions about the reason some really lame and pointless shows have already been renewed while excellent programs are in danger. And while I would love to see some of the renewed shows go away and make room for my preferred shows that are on the bubble, I will not personally attack anyone here. This is not a place for you to to be so disrespectful! You need to apologize for that comment!

6. BB says:

I liked zero hour and last resort, I liked many other shows that has been cancelled but beside the fact that maybe some stations keep canceling more than others I really think that the problems is in the rating system, people don’t watch TV shows the same way anymore, they can’t compare rating on first or second viewing or more, dvr exists , Internet downloadable areas, where they are stored for days. It’s unfair to punish those who would enjoy those shows with garbage, because the system is flawed. Fix it!!!

• jeremy says:

absolutely agree!! In this modern era there are so many different ways to watch t.v. shows. that networks need to figure out a new way of deciding which ones stay and which ones go.

• ike7 says:

The networks see all the data, and make their decisions based on that. We just don’t get to see it because we’re not paying thousands to Nielsen. But that doesn’t mean it’s not being collected. You really think that ABC (for instance) didn’t pay attention to how many people watched Last Resort on the ABC web site, or on Hulu which ABC co-owns? Seriously? It’s ABC’s own web site, of COURSE they were collecting that data and tabulating it internally! Just not enough people watched the show. That’s it. C’est la vie.

7. Gina Fox says:

Grammatical correction please. I know the word is BOTOX, not botex.

8. Emily says:

Renewal wish list – The good wife, Castle, Hart of dixie, once upon a time, vampire diaries, criminal minds and mentalist!

9. cancel almost every show on nbc and start fresh.

10. OldFan says:

Should definitely Keep:
    ABC Body of Proof, Once Upon a Time, Grey’s Anatomy, Castle ,Revenge , Scandal,
    CBS Blue Bloods, NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, CSI, CSI: NY, The Good Wife, Hawaii Five-0, Vegas, The Big Bang Theory , The Mentalist, Elementary
    NBC: Grimm, Chicago Fire, Fashion Star, Revolution,
    THE CW: The Vampire Diaries, Hart of Dixie, Nikita

Should bring back:
    ABC Last Resort, Zero Hour did not get a fair chance ,
    NBC: The Firm, Harry’s Law – should not have canceled either last year
    THE CW: Emily Owens MD good show not given a chance

Should definitely Cancel:
    ABC: The Bachelor , The Bachelorette both fake garbage, Dancing With the Stars more fixed garbage, The Neighbors, Modern Family , Malibu Country, The Middle, Happy Endings, Shark Tank
    CBS: 2 Broke Girls, The Amazing Race, Mike & Molly, Partners, Golden Boy ,Survivor fake sick show,
    NBC: Guys With Kids, Celebrity Apprentice, The Biggest Loser too insulting, Community, Parks and Recreation , Parenthood , The Voice, New Normal
    THE CW: America’s Next Top Model, The Carrie Diaries

Don’t care either way mainly don’t watch much:
    CBS: Undercover Boss , How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, The New Normal ,Rules of Engagement, Criminal Minds, Person of Interest
    NBC: Deception, Law & Order: SVU, 1600 Penn, Go On, Whitney, Animal Practice, Betty White’s Off Their Rockers
    THE CW: Arrow, Beauty and the Beast, Cult, Supernatural got too weird

Glad canceled – not good did not watch anyway :
    ABC 666 Park Avenue , Don’t Trust the B—– in Apartment 23,
    CBS Made In Jersey,
    NBC: 30 Rock , Do No Harm, The Office, Smash, Up All Night
    THE CW: 90210, Gossip Girl

• cmaglaughlin says:

I was with you 100% UNTIL you said “Person of Interest” should go…you obviously did not watch it from the start. It’s the best show on TV, and its ratings show it. Maybe you don’t have the intellectual capacity to keep up with the dialogue.

• lll says:

He said that he doesn’t care if the show makes it or not because he doesn’t watch. However, I am on your side. It is refreshing to watch a show that requires you to use your brain for once like Person of Interest.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

man oh man you hate comedies don’t you!
      some of those are classics!

• Buffy says:

Don’t know why you thought Arrow, Beauty & The Beast were too weird when you said you didn’t even watch those shows. Beauty & The Beast is a terrific show and I do NOT want this show cancelled. It’s one of the best shows on the CW. I love Beauty & The Beast, Nikita, & Arrow and if Arrow got renewed then so should B&TB and Nikita. Arrow is no better than both those shows. You shouldn’t be commenting on shows that should be cancelled if you’re not even watching them – how would you know? I can’t believe that America’s Next Top Model has been renewed again and I don’t know what anyone would see in Carrie Diaries.

• I disagree with you about Guys with Kids. We need something that kids can see and you don’t have to worry they are going to learn something who don’t want them to learn. Its just a clean cute story line that had young kids involved with adults.

11. Loveriot says:

I read a tweet that Zero Hour will play all 13 episodes in the summer. Is that true?

12. Robert says:

I hope that they don’t cancel revenge I am from the uk and I’m quite the fan of the program as is a few friends of mine

13. nick1372 says:

Shark Tank has been unofficially renewed (hxxp://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/03/26/shark-tank-announces-season-5-open-casting-calls-in-los-angeles-chicago-atlanta-dallas-and-philadelphia/175110/)

14. matthew says:

How about Go On – i mean the only show thats original and actually is fun to watch!!!

15. bobbie says:

What about Monday Mornings?

16. Susan T. Britt says:

Please save Beauty and the Beast it’s one of the best shows since vampire diaries!!!

17. jp says:

OMW why is the cw canceling so many shows this year or say could go either way they are all popular SAVE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!!!

18. Lisa says:

why don’t you include the newtwork of abc family want to know about switched at birth and bunheads?

19. Debra Brown says:

Good news! Law & Order:SVU has been upgraded to a safe bet. There is cause to celebrate.It’s going upward.

20. Baileigh says:

Any news on a fifth season for Justified?

• ike7 says:

The ratings for season 4 were pretty good by FX’s standards, so I think a fifth season is a lock. (Great show, much more ambitious and thoughtful than most of the dull stuff on broadcast TV.)

21. dawn f says:

I love the carrie Diaries and 90210, I wont be watching CW anymore if they both get cancelled!!! BOOOOO!! The Carrie diaries, you need to plug more you know like “Arrow” or Hart of Dixie” both of which i cant stand! hey the ABC family channel should pick them up! I’d ask tBS but im already asking alot from them:)

22. Cheryl says:

I might be one of the few, but I enjoy the CBS show Golden Boy. I would like to see it for a full season next year, but doesn’t look like that will happen. :-(

• Hannah says:

You and me both! I am loving the show Golden Boy. It’s very well acted and pretty well written. I hope it is given more time to attract viewers.

23. hassana says:

Hmmm… I’m probably the only one that doesn’t like arrow. I actually used to love it, but about 8 episodes later, it just went downhill for me. I tried. I kept on watching, hoping the love would resurface, but it just didn’t. The main character is good looking but I just don’t enjoy his acting. And the story just keeps getting… Just not feeling it. (Waiting for the bashing comments fromn arrow lovers)

• You are not the only one who doesn’t like Arrow. I watched some of it because they keep on promoting it like it is the best show on the CW. I also am not that crazy about TVD. I really love Beauty and the BEAST BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THE POWERS THAT BE are not promoting this show. I feel like they don’t want it to suceed.

24. Theresa Moore says:

Please renew Golden Boy…. it has a great plot and love the actors. Also, Body of Proof has had the best season yet. The change in the cast has been a breath of fresh air with the episodes worth recording and watching it again….loving it

25. Fred Wiesen says:

I’m shocked that “Golden Boy” may not be renewed. It has a great script and intriguing acting. For once it portrays a black man in a very favorable light and shows him to have wisdom and a great moral character. I strongly request that the decision makers at CBS renew “Golden Boy.” It’s one of the primary reasons I watch CBS.

26. jp says:

I’m very glad that CBS renewed hawaii Five O and the mentalist,the good wife to name a few. Yes they must renew vegas beauty and the beast the new normal HOD TLG and the neighbors I love that show every week its so funny me and my lil niece never miss it

27. Jp says:

I’m very glad that CBS renewed hawaii Five O and the mentalist,the good wife to name a few. I was almost starting to loose faith in them Yes they must renew vegas beauty and the beast the new normal HOD TLG and the neighbors I love that show every week its so funny me and my lil niece never miss it

28. Jessica says:

Most of my favorite shows have been renewed just waiting on Castle, Criminal Minds, Heart of Dixie and Law and order svu. I am glad Supernatural, NCIS, The mentalist and the big bang theory have been renewed so hopefully so does the rest of my shows.

29. Phi says:

I would just like to point out that the only statistics that matter when television execs decided to renew or cancel shows is basically Nielsen Ratings and how well a show scores for a certain target demographic…. WITH that being said, if you want your show to get renewed, your best bet is to share, tweet and recommend it to everyone you know (and there mother).

30. david baccari says:

the new normal better get renewed. Finally a show depicting a “real gay couple”.Plus the rest of the cast is terrific. Funny, touching w/ some great morality thrown in to the mix.The little actress who plays Shania is so talented…not enough buzz about her. Please “Officially Renew”!!!!!!!!David

31. Ron Brunk says:

I HATE all reality TV…it’s a scourge upon the earth, and evidence of the mindlessness of much of the American population. As for sitcoms, I enjoy many that are mentioned on this thread. But The Neighbors is one of the most clever, outrageous, moving, and hilarious shows to come along in years. After the first episode, I told my wife: This will never make it because it’s too damn smart for Americans. It’s simply too charming and brilliant for our dumbed-down society. The masses who slobber over that “reality” crap like Housewives or Dance Mom or [insert any from the endless list] will never understand a brilliant TV show like this. Sadly, I was right.

32. alvin says:

two and 1/2 men is coming back old chucky must be paying cbs to bring it back.WHO WATCHES IT ANYWAY (NOBODY).

33. Megan Cromes says:

does a sure thing mean its staying on air?if so im glad svu and blue bloods is staying!;)

34. Dawn says:

I don’t watch many programs on ABC since they took All My Children and One Life to Live off the air…Thank goodness for Prospect Park. BUT…I do watch Castle and General Hospital (in my opinion two of the series that keeps ABC on the air), Last Man Standing and Malibu Country. Thankfully ABC renewed Castle and I hope they are astute enough to renew Last Man Standing and Malibu Country..

35. Debra Brown says:

Vegas and CSI:NY hasn’t been renewed yet. They are on my taping list. Hopefully both will be renewed. Vegas will be on Friday nite, starting April.

36. o says:

HAWAII FIVE O IS RENEWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

37. Carol says:

Can we please please please work to dump those insipid reality shows that aren’t reality at all???

38. Mary Morris says:

why are the “powers that Be” taking so longto renew Parenthood? Love Deception hope NBC keeps it. NBC has made so many bonehead decisions can you say “Today Show?”.
    I hope someone with some smarts keep the afore mentioned shows.

39. HitTheGroundRunning says:

Man, they better not cancel Nikita!!!!

40. HitTheGroundRunning says:

Man, they better not cancel Nikita. Doesn’t it even get syndication with just one more season too??

41. ValAdams says:

I love Carrie Diaries! The inner monologue is wonderful and real and funny – it’s a great show for teenaged girls to watch, or anyone, for that matter!

42. Belle says:

The Office was NOT canceled…it ended just like other shows…so this needs to be fixed. Seinfeld wasn’t canceled, it was just over – you should check all the shows you have that show “officially canceled” or “canceled” and update those who are not returning because they just ended. Thanks!

43. Amy says:

I’m really hoping that Revenge gets renewed. It has such tough competition against it on Sunday nights…really wish it would just go back to airing on Wednesdays. I would hate for this awesome show, which is currently my favorite, to die off because of its fierce time slot.

44. jeremy says:

I hope one day people get fed-up with the reality t.v. craze, especially considering most of it is scripted. Personally when i watch t.v. it is to be entertained by good actors and not by my neighbor or co-worker yelling at each other over some trivial thing.This goes for all networks, will you please put actual actors,actresses, and writers to work please, and stop cancelling good or promising shows before they even have a chance of proving themselves

45. teresa says:

as long as they leave Dancing with the stars, Greys Anatamy, Body of Proof,Castle,Days of our lives, and The Voice on and DON”T CANCEL them we will be great I LOVE these shows please keep them coming

46. Ellen Robinson says:

“Smash” Please don’t take it away. It is just getting into some new characters and their personalities. We have two plays now instead of one. There is so much going on. It’s great. Don’t give up on it now ….. please

47. cmaglaughlin says:

To put the icing on my cake, Sunday’s “The Good Wife” was the absolute BEST episode I’ve enjoyed since its inception, which proves that the longer the shelf life of network shows does NOT guarantee a rotten apple. “Castle” has so many great episodes, but Monday’s 4/1/2013 equalled, if not surpassed, part one of Alexis’ kidnapping. Those who have never watched either series…guarantee you WILL be impressed if you stream the repeats!

• MJO says:

I agree with you on Castle. 4/1/2013 probably was the best Castle episode ever! If this show doesn’t get renewed..it’s just wrong

48. kirads09 says:

Glee – “A Sure Thing” – hmmm. I wonder if that is in tune with realitly. I know on this site Glee is beloved and I am committing blasphemy. However the facts can’t be ignored. One key cast member in rehab (not condemning, just stating) One now preggers (Heather Morris). All cast members getting way past the ages they are supposed to be portraying.
    Please put this wretched show on ice for good, Fox. Past the point of ridiculousness.

• comewhatmay says:

Totally Disagree! I love Glee and along with millions of fans am wringing my hands hoping Fox renews. Such an amazing talent cast. Please Fox, listen to the devoted and huge fan base. #Klaine

49. Elizabeth says:

My husband and I LOVE Vegas! Can’t believe it’s getting canceled. It’s such a good show!

50. Lynda says:

What about Masterchef and Hell’s Kitchen?

• nick1372 says:

Lynda, Masterchef hasn’t premiered yet. As for Hell’s Kitchen, no idea why it isn’t in the table, but it’s a shoo-infor renewal.