2013 Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Cancelled? What's on the Bubble?

blog_combo_1.4.13_finalTV’s queasy season has arrived! From now until late May, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW will determine which shows are good to return next fall… and which will join Mob Doctor, Partners and Emily Owens, M.D. over at the MIA Network.

To help you monitor what’s staying, what’s going and what’s anxiously riding the “bubble,” we present you with our annual easy-to-browse cheat sheet.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Find Out Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel, so we strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates. As a reminder, the eight levels in TVLine’s reliable renewal index are as follows:
♦ Officially renewed
♦ A sure thing
♦ A safe bet
♦ Could go either way
♦ A long-shot
♦ Essentially cancelled
♦ Officially cancelled
♦ Too early to tell

And now, the Scorecard (use these links to jump to CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW).

ABC
666 Park Avenue: Officially cancelled.
The BachelorA sure thing. Officially renewed.
The BacheloretteA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Body of Proof: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially cancelled.
Castle: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Dancing With the Stars: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Don’t Trust the B—– in Apartment 23: A long-shot. Unofficially canceled.
Family Tools: Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.
Grey’s AnatomyA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Happy Endings: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life): Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.
Last Man Standing: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Last Resort: Officially cancelled; series finale aired Jan. 24.
Malibu Country: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
The MiddleA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Modern FamilyA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Nashville: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Neighbors: A long-shot. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Once Upon a TimeA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Private Practice: Officially cancelled; series finale aired Jan. 22.
Red Widow: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
RevengeA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Scandal: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Shark Tank: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Suburgatory: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Zero Hour: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE FOR CBS!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Cancellations, News, Renewal Scorecards, Renewals

1. Hope Deception doesn’t get canceled. I really like this show. I hope Golden Boy doesn’t get canceled either.

2. Luke says:

Last year all of my favourite shows got renewed! This year I am very nervous about the new shows that I grew to love: Nashville, Beauty and the Beast and Golden Boy (loved the first episode and am totally in love with Theo James)
    Also pulling for Nikita and The Good Wife (their low ratings are worrying me aswell)

3. Kate Hasen says:

Anyone know if there are any plans to create a scorecard for the cable networks? I would love to see what the thoughts are around my favorite ABC Family shows.

• Pati says:

I watch on ABC family, FX ,HBO,Showtime,SyFy and BBC. I would like to know about those renewals as well. All have good shows I care about.

4. Jj says:

I don’t understand how ANTM is still on the air. Who watches it? Honestly, I don’t know even one person who watches it, and I know a lot of people.
    The only shows I watch are OUAT, Revenge, TVD, and Beauty and the Beast. The only show I have to worry about is Beauty… hopefully it will be renewed.

5. megan says:

So I assume you’ll be updating The Carrie Diaries scorecard? A lot of people seem to think it will get canceled because the ratings aren’t that great. I hope not though. It’s such a cute show.

6. RAY says:

CAN ANYONE TELL WHY CW HAS NOT YET GOTTEN HD AVAILABILITY? I AM SO TIRED OF WATCHING CW SHOWS WITH A TERRIBLE PICTURE! AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS THIS WAY?

7. Ausiello, I need to know whats happening with my new favourite show! Plus update The Carrie Diaries to a sure thing!!

8. James says:

Mind boggling that this site still has Nikita as could go either way. With it being on friday and beating 3 of CW’s shows in viewers and 2-3 of them in the important demo. And not to mention the syndication factor. Come on man what are you thinking TVLINE ?

9. Apple Annie says:

tI have read in the Huffington Post that the Good Wife may not be renewewd. Also read it in another publication. I cannot believe this. Are these publications correct.
    I will be very disappointed if this is a possibility

10. ALOT OF THE SHOWS THAT ARE RETUNING REALLY SUCK. I DON’T KNOW WHAT A NETWORK CAN POSSIBLY THINK ALOT OF THOSE SUCKY SHOW STAY ON AND THEY CANCEL CSI MIAMI, THAT REALLY SUCKS

11. WHERE I LIVE I CANNOT GET LOCAL CHANNELS TOO MANY TREES AND CAN’T AFFORD TO TAKE THEM DOWN. I HAVE TRIED AND TRIED TO GET CW TO LET ME PURCHASE IT SEPERATLY FROM DIRECT TV BUT THE TELL TELL ME CW REFUSES TO DO THAT. I AM UPSET ABOUT IT AND DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY WON’T LET ME.

12. I HAVE HATED GREYS ANATOMY SINCE THE FIRST SEASON. WHEN THE BLACK GUY AND THE ASIAN GIRL HAD SEX IN THE CLOSET THAT DID IT FOR ME. AND THERE A FAR TOO MANY REALITY SHOWS ON THEY ARE EITHER BORING OR SICK LIKE EATING BUGS AND STUFF. WHAT IS SO GOOD ABOUT IT?

13. Joe Miller says:

Time for a class-action suit, not for monetary damages, but to ensure that WE the viewers don’t get screwed over by the networks, by investing our time in a series, only to have them “pull the rug out from under us” and leave us hanging.
    It should be a law that if they are going to start a series, then they need to have AN ENDING if they are going to cancel. MUST HAVE A GOD DAMNED ENDING!!!!!!!

14. Tami Fletcher says:

Have you seen Zero Hour??? It is pretty good, ABC SHOULDN’T have put it against BBT but I have been watching it as BBT gets a little juvenile. Hopefully, ABC will give it a chance!!!

• PJGU says:

“Zero Hour” = biggest stinker ever! I looked forward to this show, and then I heard Anthony Edwards was the lead. Still, I was eager for this one to premier. I knew it sucked ten minutes into the first ep, but I watched two more. Not only is the story awful (good premise, piss-poor writing), the casting is crap as well. Not only Edwards stinks in this.

• TVholic says:

Way too harsh, PJGU. I just watched the first three episodes and got hooked (not that it matters anymore). The writing wasn’t as bad as you say and they were just ramping up. It had a very intriguing premise. I found the second and third epsodes each felt as if they went by in about 20 min, something I haven’t experienced … ever? True, I’ve always liked Anthony Edwards. Of course, has there been a bald or very-receded-hairline lead character since Kojak? It’s a pretty safe bet to say that factor alone kept most of the 18-35 demo from even giving it a shot, as depressing as that might be. But that’s just MHO.

15. Mannie says:

Hope CW renew Beauty and the Beast. Love this show.

16. BARBARA says:

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL TOUCH, SO MANY PEOPLE LOVE THIS SHOW ITS SO INTERESTING AND KEEPS YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT. WE LOVE HOW THE DIFFERENT COUNTRIES AND PEOPLE CONNECT.

17. Chuckie says:

I love the Middle, even more so than the overrated, over accoladed Modrn Family. I wish the Middle could get like an aytomatic 5 year renewal! Een Sher btw particulary as Sue Heck is a treasure. The Middle rules!

• Spencer says:

I have to agree with you Chuckie. Middle is really great, and Modern Family has been losing its charm recently but Middle keeps getting better and better.

18. Lin says:

I loved Made in Jersey – it was funny, sassy & family oriented. Please bring it back!!!!!

19. Karen Pac says:

I loved the addition of Malibu Country this season. I love the cast and their natural give and take. I hope ABC renews it. The more you watch it the more you appreciate its humor. If you haven’t seen it, check it out. Come on ABC, please give Malibu Country another season.

• Lacey says:

I’ve seen Malibu County and while it’s an ok show it definately pales in comparison to Reba. I think it would be much better and funnier if they got rid of the grandmother.

20. geri says:

I love Hart of Dixie. Love the characters. the writers need to be a little edgy and fun with these characters because its getting a little too settled. although I love Wade and Zoe, at times its gets too boring with them together. George and Zoe need to be put somehow back into the realm of love interest and suspense of love interest. Thats what pulled people in initialy and they do have a great chemistry. Use that chemistry

21. geri says:

I LOVE Hawaii Five-O. Just FYI to the writers. get rid of McGarrett’s girlfriend. He doesn’t and shouldn’t have a steady girlfriend. His character is like a true bachelor at heart. Get Danny a girlfriend. that would be great with his daughter. McGarrett needs a love interest that he is attracted to but ??? . Like he did with Lori. That “are they or aren’t they going to hook up ” question. That was awesome and it left the audience wanting more!!!!!

• Linda says:

Wait. You say to get rid of Steve’s girlfriend because ‘he doesn’t and shouldn’t have a steady gf’ but then you go and say he needs a love interest who’s he’s attracted to? Um that would most likely be THE GIRLFRIEND HE ALREADY HAS. The are-they-aren’t-they didn’t leave everyone wanting more, surely not me.

• Debra Brown says:

I like it that Steve has a girlfriend. There are plenty of scenes with him working. I love watching him with her. It makes the show funnier. I say, keep the girlfriend.

• JC says:

Um, what audience? I got the very strong impression that almost everyone loathed Lori. And while I’m not usually in favor of a show catering to fans’ demands, in this case I think writing her out was one of the best things the show ever did (although it would have been even better not to bring her on in the first place). I hesitate to say that Lauren German can’t act, because I haven’t seen her in anything else except for a guest star spot on Human Target, but she was absolutely terrible in this role. Michelle Borth, on the other hand, is doing a fantastic job as Catherine IMO, and I personally love the fun sexy low-drama relationship that she and Steve have. I hope they keep her around.

22. Badger_Mayhew says:

Don’t cancel The Neighbours!

23. Lacey says:

Save Beauty and the Beast!!!!! Love this new show so much!!!!

24. Mark Bustraan says:

ted danson is terrible on the csi show.I had to quit watching as his acting just awful.

25. blake says:

cancelling Vegas and cancel me out of cbs. I am STUBBORN!!

26. Brandy says:

Most of my shows are on the bubble :Smash,HoD,BatB,Nashville,Carrie Diaries,Bunheads,Lying Game,.i most want HoD,Nashville ,BatB renewed.

27. Kaitie says:

I am really starting to get into Guys With Kids I hope they give it a second season

28. Pati says:

I think Ted Danson does a GREAT job on CSI, I don’t care for Elizabeth Shue. I hope CSI NY gets renewed!!!

29. I LOVE TV says:

I have a question how do you rate H50 a safe bet, and The Good Wife a sure bet, seriously. You have a syndication deal with H50 in it’s third year (that means you need so many episodes) and doing as well as any 10 o’clock anymore (with a deal). Now let’s talk The Good Wife, unless this series get’s a syndication deal (and pretty sure they didn’t) and a low of 1.4 and a high 1.8 is not a sure bet with CBS. I love this site, still viewers numbers isn’t the big think today, it’s all about demos.

30. Nana says:

how can HOD be a safe bet and BATB could go either way???? no way!!!!! Beauty and tne Beast MUST have a second season!!!!

31. Spencer says:

Not happy about Parks and Rec only being ‘A safe bet’

32. Jen says:

Super bummed about The Neighbors! My favorite new show and it fits into that Wednesday line-up so well!

33. nightmagic says:

i really hope cult gets renewed but so glad for Supernatural !!!

34. Julie says:

Reading about The Office hurts deeply. I started watching the show last summer and I’m so not ready to say goodbye.
    I hope to God Parks and Rec gets renewed, best comedy show on TV.
    So happy about Grey’s and hoping for Glee to get another shot, hopefully they’ll get it back together.

35. Peaj says:

I thought Zero Hour was interesting and worth a go. Hardly seems worth the production costs to decide to cancel after pilot episode. Do they not think that the consistent cancellation of new shows after a couple of episodes, is why figures are low. People don’t bother until a show gets a second series, as why invest time to only have some ivory tower twit cancel as you get into it?

36. Karen in California says:

I literally give up!! I live in a world that easily pulls BOSS but can do an entire day of HONEY BOO BOO. I’m outta here!!

37. annie says:

I just want Nashville, Once Upon a Time and Revenge to be officially renewed!!!

38. leelee says:

What about The Taste on ABC? I like it…..is it just a one season thing?

• nick1372 says:

The Taste is definitely able to come back next season, the question is, will ABC pick it up? Considering the ratings have been good, but are falling, and ABC has an OK replacement in Celebrity Wife Swap, I’d say it is “Could go either way”, or simply a bubble show. I don’t know why TV Line doesn’t have it here.

39. MAC says:

Really? Nikita and BatB are much safer than HoD, at this point. Nikita is closer to syndication and pulls in decent numbers for Friday nights, while BatB has a lot of social network popularity. I’d love to see HoD renewed but it’s in more danger than the others. I imagine it’ll fight it out with The Carrie Diaries over which gets saved.

• James says:

Mac i agree. This is just insane that they do not have Nikita as a a safe bet. Every other ratings and media site has it as ikely renewal/safe bet.

what is the people on tvline thinking!

40. Eric says:

Seeing Raising Hope as “A Safe Bet” this year pained me to see. Glad it got an early renewal! Since Big Bang, How I Met Your Mother, American Horror Story, and Walking Dead are already renewed, all I need is a Modern Family, The Middle, Once Upon a Time, and Amazing Race renewal to put my mind at ease. Excited to see them all as A Sure Thing again. I do hope The New Normal gets renewed though. It’s an uneven show, but Jwhen it’s funny, I’ll be laughing aloud. And for the sake of humanity just axe Glee already so I don’t feel obligated to watch it anymore.

41. Broadwayfan says:

CSI:NY is, consisently, one of the best programs on TV. CBS wins its time slot every Friday night with first run episodes.
    I can’t understand some of the absolute junk that stays on the air, but CSI:NY has gone through this ‘on the bubble’ stuff for 3 years now.
    I certainly don’t think BLUE BLOODS is better, and there is NO WAY the original CSI is any better. That program is tired, and showing its age badly. If any CSI should go it’s that one.
    CBS will put up some stupid hour long mess of a drama, there will be no viewers, and it will be cancelled within 2 months.
    Stay with a proven winner…keep CSI:NY!!!

42. JoAnn Biuso says:

The Mentalist is my show. CBS put it in the worst time slot and then made sure no one watched by pushing it back so late after sports coverage. How can you follow the terrific story line, when it is torn in so many places ? This does not help viewership. Falling back on online shows does not measure up. They need to put this in a good and consistent time slot and stop betraying the viewers and the program.

43. Nicole Virts says:

whats the point of even watching these shows any more if they keep cancelling all of the good shows. They already took away some good shows from last year and from other years

44. Kristi says:

PLEASE don’t cancel Neighbors! Our family LOVES the humor and the casting is terrific! It’s so refreshing to have a comedy the whole family can watch instead of just the adults or older teens. I’m tired of so many of the shows having so many sex references that I don’t want to watch them as a family. I love the Neighbors because its clean sweet humor.

45. DIO says:

PLEASE!`PLEASE!`PLEASE!`Don’t`cancel`Beauty`and`the`Beast,`this`is`better`than`the`original`and`I`loved`that`one,`just`hated`to`see`Linda`Hamilton`”killed`off”“
    She`and`Ron`Pearlman’s`beast`were`the`majic`in`my`tweenage`years,`when`the`network`brought`in`the`girl`to`play`Diana`,`it`killed`the`show!“There`are`so`many`more`possibilities`for`the`new`Katherine`&`Vicent!

46. TVDIVA says:

Thanks for the scorecard but where is SYFY, USA, TBS, TNT, HBO, Showtime, STARZ, Cinemax – you know the cable networks?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

As explained above in previous comments, this Renewal scorecard does not cover cable networks, as they operate on an entirely different schedule (i.e. decisions are made throughout the year on a case-by-case basis, and not mostly in the spring).

47. Laura says:

Since when is Survivor officially renewed, I’ve been waiting to hear if it will be back for more next season and I can’t find anythingggggg regarding this! Someone make my day and tell me it will be back for 2 more seasons :)

48. Deb says:

First time here, glad to find a site to get up to date info! I wish SyFy channel would pick up 666 Park Ave. Anyone else think it should be given another shot?

49. DEB says:

i WENT TO MY TV LISTINGS FOR THIS THURSDAY EVENING TO CHECK THE AIR TIME FOR ZERO HOUR AND FOUND, TO MY HORROR, THAT IT HAD BEEN CANCELLED. i HAD SO LOOKED FORWARD TO THIS PROGRAM EACH WEEK. AT LAST, AN IMAGINATIVE STORY THAT KEPT ME COMING BACK FOR MORE EACH WEEK. NOW i AM BACK TO CHOOSING TO READ….ANYTHING, EVEN THE TELEPHONE BOOK WOULD BE PREFERABLE TO WATCHING THE REALITY DRIVEL BEING OFFERED UP AS ENTERTAINMENT THESE DAYS. THE BACHELOR AND THE BACHELORETTE FOR INSTANCE….REALLY?

I DO HOPE THAT ANOTHER CHANNEL WILL BE WISE ENOUGH TO PICK UP ZERO HOUR. I KNOW I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO ENJOYED THE MYSTERY PROPOSED BY THIS DRAMA. SOMETIMES SYFY OR THE SCIENCE CHANNEL HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO DO SO. I HOPE THEY WILL CONSIDER IT NOW.

50. bg says:

please cancel glee!!!

• iman says:

If you dont like it then dont bother to comment about it and if you do then stop watching it. Please and thank u.

• PJGU says:

Since it is an open forum, and still a free country…for now…then bg is entitled to post their opinion.

• Mark says:

As much as I agree with you, they’re still one of Fox’s highest rated scripted shows, even after losing half their audience (and most of their music sales) over the past two years. Vote with your TV and quit watching, and encourage people you know to do the same, and then we might be rid of the Plaine Blanderson And Friends show after another season.

• gleeisjoy says:

Absolutely adore Glee! What a great fun show. I’m so sick of boring cop and fbi type dramas, stupid fake reality shows and worn out comedies with the same types of characters. Glee remains one of the most entertaining and thoughtful shows on TV. I buy all of the music which I love. I think Chris Colfer and the entire cast are fantastic. Go Glee!