2013 Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Cancelled? What's on the Bubble?

blog_combo_1.4.13_finalTV’s queasy season has arrived! From now until late May, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW will determine which shows are good to return next fall… and which will join Mob Doctor, Partners and Emily Owens, M.D. over at the MIA Network.

To help you monitor what’s staying, what’s going and what’s anxiously riding the “bubble,” we present you with our annual easy-to-browse cheat sheet.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Find Out Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel, so we strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates. As a reminder, the eight levels in TVLine’s reliable renewal index are as follows:
♦ Officially renewed
♦ A sure thing
♦ A safe bet
♦ Could go either way
♦ A long-shot
♦ Essentially cancelled
♦ Officially cancelled
♦ Too early to tell

And now, the Scorecard (use these links to jump to CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW).

ABC
666 Park Avenue: Officially cancelled.
The BachelorA sure thing. Officially renewed.
The BacheloretteA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Body of Proof: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially cancelled.
Castle: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Dancing With the Stars: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Don’t Trust the B—– in Apartment 23: A long-shot. Unofficially canceled.
Family Tools: Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.
Grey’s AnatomyA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Happy Endings: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life): Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.
Last Man Standing: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Last Resort: Officially cancelled; series finale aired Jan. 24.
Malibu Country: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
The MiddleA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Modern FamilyA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Nashville: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Neighbors: A long-shot. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Once Upon a TimeA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Private Practice: Officially cancelled; series finale aired Jan. 22.
Red Widow: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
RevengeA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Scandal: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Shark Tank: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Suburgatory: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Zero Hour: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE FOR CBS!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Comments (1,689)

• IT’S EXTREMELY SAD THAT ALMOST EVERY “REALITY” SHOW IS A SURE THING.THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY HAVE TALENT SEEMS TO BE GOING THE WAYSIDE.TO BE A CELEBRITY NOW ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS BE AN ASSHOLE ON CAMERA.

Comment by COLIG – January 7, 2013 05:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s so true. Truly disheartening that some much reality is around, which often portrays and rewards the lowest levels of humanity.

Comment by KathyNYC – January 13, 2013 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hoping hoping hoping HOD gets renewed!!!

Comment by Mindy – January 7, 2013 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HE, Nashville and last man standing are all on the fence?!? HOW?!? Thankfully Go On is a safe bet.

Comment by Caubu – January 7, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only thing I care about is Castle. And shocked to see it’s downgraded from last year.

Comment by Krithika – January 8, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It will probably get renewed since they’ll want enough episodes to put into syndication.

I didn’t care for season 4 but I think it’s much better now that Castle and Beckett are finally together.

Comment by Kath – January 8, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re already showing old episodes on TNT now.

Comment by Audrey – February 5, 2013 02:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think a Cougar Town/Happy Endings hour on TBS would be ahmazing

Comment by Megan – January 8, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If my three fave new shows, two have already been cancelled (Emily Owens and Made in Jersey) so I’m already discouraged. At least The New Normal is still around.

Comment by Kath – January 8, 2013 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Those shows all stink. Why don’t you watch the GOOD new ones instead?

Comment by Alex – February 5, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please TBS pick up Emily Owens MD, great show.

Comment by BB – January 8, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For the past 2 years CSI:NY has been ‘unsure’ or ‘on the bubble’ until the last possible day to find out. This show is consistenly in the Top 25. Look at CBS’s line up. They are the #1 network for a reason. They don’t need to change their programs. ELEMENTARY is a great new program. But that thing about the female lawyer from Jersey was just bad, and it’s pretty much gone. I think they are just burning off left over episodes.
    I would hate to see CSI:NY go. It is, by far, my favorite drama on TV. And Gary Sinise…actors like him don’t come along every day. Movie and theater stars don’t do television…they just don’t. But, Gary is involved in this show and wants it to keep going. I don’t want to lose something this good.

Comment by Broadwayfan – January 8, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The people in charge of programming have to do something to justify their jobs. On CBS a show that gets good ratings by anyone else’s standards could find itself in trouble. I knew a guy who worked in car sales and one place he worked fired the three worst car salesmen every quarter no matter how many cars they sold. He got the ax after having a better quarter than the previous several, but he was in the bottom three.

There are also money issues, Vegas, for example, is pretty expensive to produce, that will factor in also.

Comment by Jimpy – March 2, 2013 02:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t cancel HAPPY ENDINGS & APT 23!!!

Comment by G – January 8, 2013 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will personally go and smother them if they don’t renew castle….and that’s the only show I care about…

Comment by 117 – January 8, 2013 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope hope HOPE you are right about Parenthood. I will be devastated if it’s cancelled. I just wish NBC would promote it more – I think a good portion of the viewers don’t know what this show is about and how amazing it is.

Comment by KathyNYC – January 13, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! Great show and it is so refreshing in a sea of reality tv. I know a lot of people on the east coast who don’t know anything about it or can’t watch since they are in bed by 10pm. If this show aired just 1 hour earlier, it would be a hit!

Comment by Bren – January 18, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not sure how I could live without Law & Order SVU. Even though I’m a Chris Meloni fan and was sad to see him go, the stories and characterizations have been light years better than they were 4 or 5 years ago. I do hope it stays around a bit longer. And where are Cragen and Munch? They’re both hardly in it anymore. I am glad to hear about Parenthood though. One of the best shows on tv right now.

Comment by Frank Turturici – January 13, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The River is not on this list

Comment by JTM – January 14, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was cancelled in May, but its on dvd.

Comment by Brandy – January 16, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cable networks anyone? Many shows of regular tv have disappointed me, so I now am a big fan of USA, Showtime and HBO and would like to see how things go down there too.

Comment by camilla – January 15, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love USA. They’re shows are fun to watch.

Comment by Audrey – February 5, 2013 02:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If y’all goin to get rid of shows then can you bring back secret circle?

Comment by Candice – January 17, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please, Please, Please. I love that show. The for sure should renew it!

Comment by Puchi – January 18, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to love Criminal Minds, but after the last few episods I think it’s time to say GOODBYE! the writers are pushing it too far.

Comment by notafananymore – January 17, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its ratings are still good. So it is going nowhwere.

Comment by cc – January 21, 2013 03:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey MATT!!!!

When you update a list can you please date it under the list or next to the network name… what way if someone is watching for a particular show they can see if anything on that network has changed since the last update. Thank you

Comment by H.Houston – January 17, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think 90210 getx a short final season,i really want HoD,Nashville,Beauty & Beast renewed.Glad Once,VD,Big Bang,2 Broke Girls are safe.

Comment by Brandy – January 17, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry to say, but Cougartown is sucking right now. They need to step it up if they don’t wanna get canceled from another network.

Comment by Barbara Rasch – January 17, 2013 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watch it out of loyalty but this new season isn’t very good. I understand that TBS is cable so they can be somewhat more risky than while on ABC but they don’t have to. We really needed the scene of Jules watching Games of Throne with her son and talking about her boobs? Plus, Grayson has turned into this overgrown child who whines all the time.

Comment by L – January 24, 2013 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why was Emily Owens M.D. cancelled? Is there a possibility of it being renewed? I love it. =(

Comment by Caitlin C – January 18, 2013 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because its US ratings aren’t good and it didn’t sell internationally and networks have to cancel shows to make room for new shows next season. I like it

Comment by Brandy – January 18, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love emily owens md also wish it would be renewed.

Comment by Ginger – January 18, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy to see the shows I regularly watch will most likely be safe! Modern Family, The Vampire Diaries, Once Upon a Time, and Parenthood. Although, I do think Modern Family is losing some steam but I still watch it.

Comment by Bren – January 18, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Vegas, it says it could go either way. IMO, the chemistry between Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis is great. I hope they don’t cancel it, it’s a good show.

Comment by Puchi – January 18, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear Fringe Cast,

Thank you creating such a well-written, well-acted and thought-provoking series. Your show is one of a few that I will actually rewatch on dvd and follow on the Syfy network. Thank you for the story.

Sincerely,

Fringe Fanatic

Comment by J – January 18, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On ABC:
    I hope Don’t Trust The B, Happy Endings, Revenge,Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy, Nashville, Suburgatory and Modern Family get renewed.

On CBS:
    I hope 2 Broke Girls and The Good Wife get renewed.

On FOX:
    I hope The Following, New Girl, Raising Hope, Mindy Project and Ben & Kate get renewed. I hope Glee gets one final season.

On NBC:
    I hope Parks and Recreation, Community, Go On and The New Normal get renewed.

On The CW:
    I hope Arrow, The Vampire Diaries, Nikita, Hart Of Dixie and The Carrie Diaries get renewed.

I already know HIMYM is renewed and that sadly 30 Rock and Fringe are donezo. Also need ABC to pick up S.H.I.E.L.D so they can continue to be my favourite network.

Comment by Elle – January 19, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How do you have time to watch so many shows?

Comment by silvermoonsun – January 23, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I prefer to stream shows or watch on DVR and tend to just binge on shows and don’t regularly keep up with them but rather catch up when I want to. I also tend to let shows gather up to watch over summer when nothings on.

Comment by Elle – January 26, 2013 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate it when you get attached to a tv show and then find out it gets cancelled afterwards. It is pretty disappointing to see shows come and go. I’m just glad my favorite shows aren’t on the line-up for cancellation. Thank goodness. I love all the television channels they’ve listed, but tv shows that are on the CW are always on the rope because the CW cancels shows quite a lot than normal.

Comment by starjade12 – January 19, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should keep Fringe. They should also keep 666 Park Avenue. I admit that I still miss watching House. TV shows in the past had more seasons than they do today!

Comment by Diana – January 19, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why the hell is Nashville “could go either way”? i love that show and everyone I’ve talked to loves it as well. This is ridiculous…Why would the network cancel one of it’s most favorite shows? I need an answer as soon as possible, and I’m sure many other people will want one too.

Comment by Maggie Ames – January 20, 2013 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It doesn’t matter if Nashville is the network’s fave show, it matters is America watches it. And even though you and your friends may be devoted to it, Nashville’s nationwide audience in the coveted Adults 18-49 demographic is iffy compared to other shows on ABC. It could be cut to make room for new shows that could have a potentially larger audience.

Comment by nick1372 – January 21, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Nashville has a little wiggleroom due to album sales, but not a ton.

Comment by silvermoonsun – January 23, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about MTV’s Undermployed?

Comment by Aibileen – January 20, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is only for the major broadcast networks, so MTV will not be included.

Comment by cc – January 21, 2013 03:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry, but looking at the ratings, it’s a long shot for Underemployed to be renewed.

Comment by nick1372 – January 21, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe wasn’t cancelled, it aired a final season, everything was wrapped up over the entire 5th season. A show ending doesn’t always mean it is ending due to cancellation. I’d have preferred to read ‘Final season, ending series.

Comment by sonya – January 20, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, renew Hart of Dixie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Lara – January 20, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 100% Please renew HOD! It’s one of the better shows out there

Comment by MJO – January 21, 2013 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just woke up from a nightmare where Bob’s Burgers was costing too much that it got cancelled!

Comment by shump – January 21, 2013 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Out of all the shows I hope Castle, Supernatural, Heart of Dixie, Law and Order SVU, The Mentalist, NCIS, Criminal Minds all get renewed those are my favorite shows and I am glad that the big bang theory is being renewed and hopefully Beauty and the beast

Comment by Jessica Valure – January 22, 2013 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Neighbors is horrible! It is utter trash! IT WAS INCONCEIVABLE THAT A SHOW COULD BE THAT CORNY! NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!! CANCEL IT NOW! IT IS AN ABOMINATION!!!!

Comment by biggles – January 22, 2013 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • different strokes for different folks – I love The Neighbors; hope it gets renewed

Comment by Suz – January 23, 2013 03:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I felt the same way… like what a ridiculous idea for a show. So I didn’t watch it. Then it came on bravo or some channel and I watched ONE EPISODE and was hooked!

LOVE THE NEIGHBORS! SAVE THE NEIGHBORS!

Comment by McAmster – January 24, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I watched 5 minutes of the pilot and that was 5 minutes too long. I’ve heard fans say that the show has gotten better since the pilot, but I just can’t make myself give it another chance.

Comment by L – January 24, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, The Neighbors has become my favorite show this season. I always follow the underdog shows like “Alice”,” Facts Of Life”, The Nanny”, etc. I hope season 2 does better ratings wise!!!

Comment by Philigan – January 31, 2013 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The pilot was awful. I totally agree. But I went back a couple weeks ago and actually enjoyed it. It isn’t perfect, but if renewals were based on quality and potential, it would be a sure thing.

Comment by Leah – January 26, 2013 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope The Carrie Diaries gets a renewal… It’s one of the best and smartly written shows around!!!!!

Comment by Matsunaga – January 23, 2013 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess this is another season I won’t be watching network TV. The only thing they’re offering is boring reality shows. Think God For Big Bang Theory.

Comment by Clarence E. Wells – January 23, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nashville: Could go either way. WHAT’S WITH THIS??? I thought it was a wonderful show and so did many others…It’s one of the shows on TV that is REAL. Could you explain???

Comment by margaretames – January 23, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The ratings aren’t great and this is a show that people had high expectations for. The pilot was great but a lot of people quickly lost interest in Rayna’s drama.

Comment by L – January 24, 2013 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually,that’s the reason I’m watching. Rayna is my fave character.I hope the show stays.

Comment by JoyceAnn – March 2, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope that Nashville is renewed, am glad that Revenge and Once upon a time are a sure thing.

Comment by silvermoonsun – January 23, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie is my favorite show and I’ll be so disappointed if it doesn’t come back.
    I’m really enjoying Nashville, probably more because of the music, but the storyline is fine too.

Comment by Flo – January 23, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well… .you’d might as well switch Ben & Kate and Don’t Trust the B to “Essentially cancelled”… :(

Comment by Eric – January 23, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now it is time to pray for Happy Endings. :’(

Comment by Leah – January 26, 2013 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Trust me, I am! And have been since the day that amazing little show premiered.

Comment by Eric – February 7, 2013 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All the nice pictures y’all moving stueps like mob doctor and private practice’and revenge sigh

Comment by Shandell Quintyne – January 23, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Nashville and Hart of Dixie make it! All the rest of my shows seem to be safe. But i’m still sad about Emily Owens :( I liked that a whole lot better than some other CW shows like Beauty and the Beast.

Comment by annie – January 23, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that Last Resort gets picked up by FX network, since it is produced by the same company that created The Shield. But I’ve also longed for someone to recreate The Unit, with,? Dennis Haysbert and Max Martini as the base commanders; then they could bring back Scott Foley and Mchael Irby back as veteran Alpha and Bravo team leaders.

As far as Last Resort, it needs a cable network since it is a bit edgy for ABC/ Disney.

Comment by Mike – January 24, 2013 01:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you see the last episode? The series was brought to a conclusion, and there would be no way to continue it, even if they wanted to.

Comment by MaryAnn – February 10, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Private practice I can’t believe that they’re canceled the show.

Comment by Carmen – January 24, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Private practice I can’t believe that they’re canceled the show. Why cancel the show and have don’t trust the “B in apartment…. really that is not a show its a ridiculous show that makes no sense and its not funny.

Comment by Carmen – January 24, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Considering Private Practice was a drama and Don’t Trust the B is a comedy there is no correlation. You don’t have to like letalone watch the show but insulting it is going too far. While it may not be your brand of humor there are people who like the show, so it’s extremely rude of you to insult it just because you’re upset that a drama was not renewed.

Comment by L – January 24, 2013 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The CW made one of the dumbest decisions in the network’s history (and that’s saying something for this bad network) when it cancelled The Secret Circle and Ringer in favor of crap shows like Emily Owens, Beauty and the Beast, 90210, and Hart of Dixie. The CW is reaping what it sowed – falling ratings.

Comment by Hattie – January 25, 2013 01:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked Ringer and eventhough the majority of characters needed brain transplants I thought it had potential. Unfortunately the ratings were bad, even by CW standards. SS was supposed to be the next VD and it failed miserably.

Comment by Mary – January 25, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since the idiots at NBC cancelled PRIME SUSPECT I don’t trust their choices. I won’t get invested in any of their shows. It has been 2 years since I stopped watching ABC because of their choices.

Comment by kay – January 25, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watched the pilot of Do No Harm, and it’s the most ridiculosuly unbelievable show I’ve ever seen. I love sci-fi, and I’m not that hard to get to suspend disbelief, but that show was absolutely preposterous (and kind distatseful). That’s not going to survive long.

Comment by Temperence – January 26, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The ratings for this show were the lowest for a series premiere. I decided to try it out instead of watching Suits. If I had it to do over again, I would watch Suits instead. I didn’t really like Do No Harm all that much.

Comment by Audrey – February 5, 2013 02:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooo. The CW better not Hart of Dixie I like that show! They already killed Gossip Girl isn’t that bad enough?! *sigh* The Vampire Diaries is safe :)

Comment by Christina – January 26, 2013 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you! I really hope that HOD will bve renewed and soon!

Comment by MJO – January 26, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Emily Owens and will never forgive the CW. I can’t believe you are replacing a cute and adorable comedy with Cult? The President needs to be fired and all the execs making decisions. Emily had little promotion and Cult is getting more, they cancelled Ringer and Secret Circle. CW cancelled Emily Owens after 2 episodes and its competition was the election debates and the MLB World Series in their time slot.

Comment by Tina B. – January 26, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emily Owens has aired 12 episodes already and networks don’t do that for shows they cancel after 2 episodes.

Comment by Mary – January 26, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Body of Proof return two weeks later as it got bumped from original Feb 5 premiere date

Comment by Jerri – January 27, 2013 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post