2013 Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Cancelled? What's on the Bubble?

blog_combo_1.4.13_finalTV’s queasy season has arrived! From now until late May, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW will determine which shows are good to return next fall… and which will join Mob Doctor, Partners and Emily Owens, M.D. over at the MIA Network.

To help you monitor what’s staying, what’s going and what’s anxiously riding the “bubble,” we present you with our annual easy-to-browse cheat sheet.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Find Out Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel, so we strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates. As a reminder, the eight levels in TVLine’s reliable renewal index are as follows:
♦ Officially renewed
♦ A sure thing
♦ A safe bet
♦ Could go either way
♦ A long-shot
♦ Essentially cancelled
♦ Officially cancelled
♦ Too early to tell

And now, the Scorecard (use these links to jump to CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW).

ABC
666 Park Avenue: Officially cancelled.
The BachelorA sure thing. Officially renewed.
The BacheloretteA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Body of Proof: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially cancelled.
Castle: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Dancing With the Stars: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Don’t Trust the B—– in Apartment 23: A long-shot. Unofficially canceled.
Family Tools: Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.
Grey’s AnatomyA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Happy Endings: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life): Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.
Last Man Standing: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Last Resort: Officially cancelled; series finale aired Jan. 24.
Malibu Country: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
The MiddleA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Modern FamilyA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Nashville: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Neighbors: A long-shot. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Once Upon a TimeA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Private Practice: Officially cancelled; series finale aired Jan. 22.
Red Widow: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
RevengeA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Scandal: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Shark Tank: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Suburgatory: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Zero Hour: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE FOR CBS!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Cancellations, News, Renewal Scorecards, Renewals

1. COLIG says:

IT’S EXTREMELY SAD THAT ALMOST EVERY “REALITY” SHOW IS A SURE THING.THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY HAVE TALENT SEEMS TO BE GOING THE WAYSIDE.TO BE A CELEBRITY NOW ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS BE AN ASSHOLE ON CAMERA.

• KathyNYC says:

That’s so true. Truly disheartening that some much reality is around, which often portrays and rewards the lowest levels of humanity.

2. Mindy says:

Hoping hoping hoping HOD gets renewed!!!

3. Caubu says:

HE, Nashville and last man standing are all on the fence?!? HOW?!? Thankfully Go On is a safe bet.

4. Krithika says:

Only thing I care about is Castle. And shocked to see it’s downgraded from last year.

• Kath says:

It will probably get renewed since they’ll want enough episodes to put into syndication.

I didn’t care for season 4 but I think it’s much better now that Castle and Beckett are finally together.

• Audrey says:

They’re already showing old episodes on TNT now.

5. Megan says:

I think a Cougar Town/Happy Endings hour on TBS would be ahmazing

6. Kath says:

If my three fave new shows, two have already been cancelled (Emily Owens and Made in Jersey) so I’m already discouraged. At least The New Normal is still around.

7. BB says:

Please TBS pick up Emily Owens MD, great show.

8. Broadwayfan says:

For the past 2 years CSI:NY has been ‘unsure’ or ‘on the bubble’ until the last possible day to find out. This show is consistenly in the Top 25. Look at CBS’s line up. They are the #1 network for a reason. They don’t need to change their programs. ELEMENTARY is a great new program. But that thing about the female lawyer from Jersey was just bad, and it’s pretty much gone. I think they are just burning off left over episodes.
    I would hate to see CSI:NY go. It is, by far, my favorite drama on TV. And Gary Sinise…actors like him don’t come along every day. Movie and theater stars don’t do television…they just don’t. But, Gary is involved in this show and wants it to keep going. I don’t want to lose something this good.

• Jimpy says:

The people in charge of programming have to do something to justify their jobs. On CBS a show that gets good ratings by anyone else’s standards could find itself in trouble. I knew a guy who worked in car sales and one place he worked fired the three worst car salesmen every quarter no matter how many cars they sold. He got the ax after having a better quarter than the previous several, but he was in the bottom three.

There are also money issues, Vegas, for example, is pretty expensive to produce, that will factor in also.

9. G says:

Please don’t cancel HAPPY ENDINGS & APT 23!!!

10. 117 says:

I will personally go and smother them if they don’t renew castle….and that’s the only show I care about…

11. KathyNYC says:

I hope hope HOPE you are right about Parenthood. I will be devastated if it’s cancelled. I just wish NBC would promote it more – I think a good portion of the viewers don’t know what this show is about and how amazing it is.

• Bren says:

I agree! Great show and it is so refreshing in a sea of reality tv. I know a lot of people on the east coast who don’t know anything about it or can’t watch since they are in bed by 10pm. If this show aired just 1 hour earlier, it would be a hit!

12. I’m not sure how I could live without Law & Order SVU. Even though I’m a Chris Meloni fan and was sad to see him go, the stories and characterizations have been light years better than they were 4 or 5 years ago. I do hope it stays around a bit longer. And where are Cragen and Munch? They’re both hardly in it anymore. I am glad to hear about Parenthood though. One of the best shows on tv right now.

13. JTM says:

The River is not on this list

14. camilla says:

Cable networks anyone? Many shows of regular tv have disappointed me, so I now am a big fan of USA, Showtime and HBO and would like to see how things go down there too.

15. Candice says:

If y’all goin to get rid of shows then can you bring back secret circle?

16. notafananymore says:

I used to love Criminal Minds, but after the last few episods I think it’s time to say GOODBYE! the writers are pushing it too far.

17. H.Houston says:

Hey MATT!!!!

When you update a list can you please date it under the list or next to the network name… what way if someone is watching for a particular show they can see if anything on that network has changed since the last update. Thank you

18. Brandy says:

I think 90210 getx a short final season,i really want HoD,Nashville,Beauty & Beast renewed.Glad Once,VD,Big Bang,2 Broke Girls are safe.

19. Barbara Rasch says:

Sorry to say, but Cougartown is sucking right now. They need to step it up if they don’t wanna get canceled from another network.

• L says:

I watch it out of loyalty but this new season isn’t very good. I understand that TBS is cable so they can be somewhat more risky than while on ABC but they don’t have to. We really needed the scene of Jules watching Games of Throne with her son and talking about her boobs? Plus, Grayson has turned into this overgrown child who whines all the time.

20. Caitlin C says:

Why was Emily Owens M.D. cancelled? Is there a possibility of it being renewed? I love it. =(

21. Bren says:

I am so happy to see the shows I regularly watch will most likely be safe! Modern Family, The Vampire Diaries, Once Upon a Time, and Parenthood. Although, I do think Modern Family is losing some steam but I still watch it.

22. Puchi says:

What about Vegas, it says it could go either way. IMO, the chemistry between Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis is great. I hope they don’t cancel it, it’s a good show.

23. J says:

Dear Fringe Cast,

Thank you creating such a well-written, well-acted and thought-provoking series. Your show is one of a few that I will actually rewatch on dvd and follow on the Syfy network. Thank you for the story.

Sincerely,

Fringe Fanatic

24. Elle says:

On ABC:
    I hope Don’t Trust The B, Happy Endings, Revenge,Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy, Nashville, Suburgatory and Modern Family get renewed.

On CBS:
    I hope 2 Broke Girls and The Good Wife get renewed.

On FOX:
    I hope The Following, New Girl, Raising Hope, Mindy Project and Ben & Kate get renewed. I hope Glee gets one final season.

On NBC:
    I hope Parks and Recreation, Community, Go On and The New Normal get renewed.

On The CW:
    I hope Arrow, The Vampire Diaries, Nikita, Hart Of Dixie and The Carrie Diaries get renewed.

I already know HIMYM is renewed and that sadly 30 Rock and Fringe are donezo. Also need ABC to pick up S.H.I.E.L.D so they can continue to be my favourite network.

• silvermoonsun says:

How do you have time to watch so many shows?

• Elle says:

I prefer to stream shows or watch on DVR and tend to just binge on shows and don’t regularly keep up with them but rather catch up when I want to. I also tend to let shows gather up to watch over summer when nothings on.

25. starjade12 says:

I hate it when you get attached to a tv show and then find out it gets cancelled afterwards. It is pretty disappointing to see shows come and go. I’m just glad my favorite shows aren’t on the line-up for cancellation. Thank goodness. I love all the television channels they’ve listed, but tv shows that are on the CW are always on the rope because the CW cancels shows quite a lot than normal.

26. Diana says:

They should keep Fringe. They should also keep 666 Park Avenue. I admit that I still miss watching House. TV shows in the past had more seasons than they do today!

27. Maggie Ames says:

Why the hell is Nashville “could go either way”? i love that show and everyone I’ve talked to loves it as well. This is ridiculous…Why would the network cancel one of it’s most favorite shows? I need an answer as soon as possible, and I’m sure many other people will want one too.

• nick1372 says:

It doesn’t matter if Nashville is the network’s fave show, it matters is America watches it. And even though you and your friends may be devoted to it, Nashville’s nationwide audience in the coveted Adults 18-49 demographic is iffy compared to other shows on ABC. It could be cut to make room for new shows that could have a potentially larger audience.

• silvermoonsun says:

I think Nashville has a little wiggleroom due to album sales, but not a ton.

28. Aibileen says:

What about MTV’s Undermployed?

29. sonya says:

Fringe wasn’t cancelled, it aired a final season, everything was wrapped up over the entire 5th season. A show ending doesn’t always mean it is ending due to cancellation. I’d have preferred to read ‘Final season, ending series.

30. Lara says:

Please, renew Hart of Dixie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. shump says:

I just woke up from a nightmare where Bob’s Burgers was costing too much that it got cancelled!

32. Jessica Valure says:

Out of all the shows I hope Castle, Supernatural, Heart of Dixie, Law and Order SVU, The Mentalist, NCIS, Criminal Minds all get renewed those are my favorite shows and I am glad that the big bang theory is being renewed and hopefully Beauty and the beast

33. biggles says:

The Neighbors is horrible! It is utter trash! IT WAS INCONCEIVABLE THAT A SHOW COULD BE THAT CORNY! NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!! CANCEL IT NOW! IT IS AN ABOMINATION!!!!

• Suz says:

different strokes for different folks – I love The Neighbors; hope it gets renewed

• McAmster says:

I felt the same way… like what a ridiculous idea for a show. So I didn’t watch it. Then it came on bravo or some channel and I watched ONE EPISODE and was hooked!

LOVE THE NEIGHBORS! SAVE THE NEIGHBORS!

• L says:

I watched 5 minutes of the pilot and that was 5 minutes too long. I’ve heard fans say that the show has gotten better since the pilot, but I just can’t make myself give it another chance.

• Philigan says:

I agree, The Neighbors has become my favorite show this season. I always follow the underdog shows like “Alice”,” Facts Of Life”, The Nanny”, etc. I hope season 2 does better ratings wise!!!

• Leah says:

The pilot was awful. I totally agree. But I went back a couple weeks ago and actually enjoyed it. It isn’t perfect, but if renewals were based on quality and potential, it would be a sure thing.

34. Matsunaga says:

I hope The Carrie Diaries gets a renewal… It’s one of the best and smartly written shows around!!!!!

35. Clarence E. Wells says:

I guess this is another season I won’t be watching network TV. The only thing they’re offering is boring reality shows. Think God For Big Bang Theory.

36. margaretames says:

Nashville: Could go either way. WHAT’S WITH THIS??? I thought it was a wonderful show and so did many others…It’s one of the shows on TV that is REAL. Could you explain???

• L says:

The ratings aren’t great and this is a show that people had high expectations for. The pilot was great but a lot of people quickly lost interest in Rayna’s drama.

37. silvermoonsun says:

I really hope that Nashville is renewed, am glad that Revenge and Once upon a time are a sure thing.

38. Flo says:

Hart of Dixie is my favorite show and I’ll be so disappointed if it doesn’t come back.
    I’m really enjoying Nashville, probably more because of the music, but the storyline is fine too.

39. Eric says:

Well… .you’d might as well switch Ben & Kate and Don’t Trust the B to “Essentially cancelled”… :(

40. All the nice pictures y’all moving stueps like mob doctor and private practice’and revenge sigh

41. annie says:

I hope Nashville and Hart of Dixie make it! All the rest of my shows seem to be safe. But i’m still sad about Emily Owens :( I liked that a whole lot better than some other CW shows like Beauty and the Beast.

42. Mike says:

I hope that Last Resort gets picked up by FX network, since it is produced by the same company that created The Shield. But I’ve also longed for someone to recreate The Unit, with,? Dennis Haysbert and Max Martini as the base commanders; then they could bring back Scott Foley and Mchael Irby back as veteran Alpha and Bravo team leaders.

As far as Last Resort, it needs a cable network since it is a bit edgy for ABC/ Disney.

• MaryAnn says:

Did you see the last episode? The series was brought to a conclusion, and there would be no way to continue it, even if they wanted to.

43. Carmen says:

Private practice I can’t believe that they’re canceled the show.

44. Carmen says:

Private practice I can’t believe that they’re canceled the show. Why cancel the show and have don’t trust the “B in apartment…. really that is not a show its a ridiculous show that makes no sense and its not funny.

• L says:

Considering Private Practice was a drama and Don’t Trust the B is a comedy there is no correlation. You don’t have to like letalone watch the show but insulting it is going too far. While it may not be your brand of humor there are people who like the show, so it’s extremely rude of you to insult it just because you’re upset that a drama was not renewed.

45. Hattie says:

The CW made one of the dumbest decisions in the network’s history (and that’s saying something for this bad network) when it cancelled The Secret Circle and Ringer in favor of crap shows like Emily Owens, Beauty and the Beast, 90210, and Hart of Dixie. The CW is reaping what it sowed – falling ratings.

• Mary says:

I liked Ringer and eventhough the majority of characters needed brain transplants I thought it had potential. Unfortunately the ratings were bad, even by CW standards. SS was supposed to be the next VD and it failed miserably.

46. kay says:

Since the idiots at NBC cancelled PRIME SUSPECT I don’t trust their choices. I won’t get invested in any of their shows. It has been 2 years since I stopped watching ABC because of their choices.

47. Temperence says:

Watched the pilot of Do No Harm, and it’s the most ridiculosuly unbelievable show I’ve ever seen. I love sci-fi, and I’m not that hard to get to suspend disbelief, but that show was absolutely preposterous (and kind distatseful). That’s not going to survive long.

• Audrey says:

The ratings for this show were the lowest for a series premiere. I decided to try it out instead of watching Suits. If I had it to do over again, I would watch Suits instead. I didn’t really like Do No Harm all that much.

48. Christina says:

Noooo. The CW better not Hart of Dixie I like that show! They already killed Gossip Girl isn’t that bad enough?! *sigh* The Vampire Diaries is safe :)

49. Tina B. says:

I love Emily Owens and will never forgive the CW. I can’t believe you are replacing a cute and adorable comedy with Cult? The President needs to be fired and all the execs making decisions. Emily had little promotion and Cult is getting more, they cancelled Ringer and Secret Circle. CW cancelled Emily Owens after 2 episodes and its competition was the election debates and the MLB World Series in their time slot.

50. Jerri says:

I thought Body of Proof return two weeks later as it got bumped from original Feb 5 premiere date