2013 Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Cancelled? What's on the Bubble?

blog_combo_1.4.13_finalTV’s queasy season has arrived! From now until late May, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW will determine which shows are good to return next fall… and which will join Mob Doctor, Partners and Emily Owens, M.D. over at the MIA Network.

To help you monitor what’s staying, what’s going and what’s anxiously riding the “bubble,” we present you with our annual easy-to-browse cheat sheet.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Find Out Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel, so we strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates. As a reminder, the eight levels in TVLine’s reliable renewal index are as follows:
♦ Officially renewed
♦ A sure thing
♦ A safe bet
♦ Could go either way
♦ A long-shot
♦ Essentially cancelled
♦ Officially cancelled
♦ Too early to tell

And now, the Scorecard (use these links to jump to CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW).

ABC
666 Park Avenue: Officially cancelled.
The BachelorA sure thing. Officially renewed.
The BacheloretteA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Body of Proof: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially cancelled.
Castle: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Dancing With the Stars: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Don’t Trust the B—– in Apartment 23: A long-shot. Unofficially canceled.
Family Tools: Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.
Grey’s AnatomyA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Happy Endings: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life): Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.
Last Man Standing: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Last Resort: Officially cancelled; series finale aired Jan. 24.
Malibu Country: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
The MiddleA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Modern FamilyA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Nashville: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Neighbors: A long-shot. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Once Upon a TimeA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Private Practice: Officially cancelled; series finale aired Jan. 22.
Red Widow: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
RevengeA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Scandal: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Shark Tank: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Suburgatory: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Zero Hour: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE FOR CBS!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Comments (1,689)

• No mention at all of ABC’s Final Witness….????…..been searching for some kind of news about it. Was REALLY looking forward to its return.

Comment by Tina – April 17, 2013 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does The Big Bang Theory got renewed? It’s not funny anymore since season 2 ok

Comment by Kai (@chilipeepers) – April 17, 2013 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It has great ratings and makes CBS lots of money, that’s why

Comment by Brandy – April 18, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh and shows aren’t renewed or cancelled based on quality-if they’re good or not or funny or not but ratings,if a lot of people are watching or not and if the shows making enough money to justify keeping it on.

Comment by Brandy – April 18, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS isn’t cancelling much. It’s kind of refreshing.

Comment by FairyMay9 – April 17, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THE CARRIE DIARIES!!!!!!

Comment by rach – April 17, 2013 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If SVU doesn’t get renewed, I have no idea what I’m going to do with my life. I thought the show would pretty much be over after Chris Meloni left, but it’s actually improved. Plus, I love Danny Pino and Kelli Giddish. They have great chemistry with Mariska and Ice-T, on screen and off. NBC can’t afford to lose the money SVU brings in so to cancel it would be an incredibly stupid move on the network’s part. The only other shows I care about are Parenthood, Criminal Minds, Chicago Fire, and Hawaii 5-0. Thankfully, it’s looking good for all of them.

Comment by Ashley – April 17, 2013 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like 1600 Penn & The New Normal! I don’t have a DVR so I tend to catch up On Demand. I did the same with Deception & Emily Owens. I’m tired of getting into a show only to see it canceled! Maybe if the networks paid attention to what people watched on Cable On Demand the numbers would be better!

Comment by Jess Faulkner – April 18, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Beauty and the Beast to return for a second season.

Comment by Ebonii – April 18, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes revenge is coming back for season 3, love this show

Comment by Sarah Keenan – April 18, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why did ABC cancel Ashley Judd’s missing and replace it with the lame Red Widow?

Comment by Vic Ongasis – April 18, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t care much for Golden Boy but PLEASE, DON’T CANCEL VEGAS.

Comment by Vic Ongasis – April 18, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also love Vegas, I can’t believe they’re considering cancelling it? Makes no sense.

Comment by Stephenie – April 18, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It makes total sense. The ratings stink.

Comment by Chris – April 25, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What!! They cancelled The Wedding Band! That was such a good, fun, clever show. Love the characters, the story lines, and the music was great too. Sometimes I wonder what the excutives are thinking? Sucks!!

Comment by Stephenie – April 18, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am still hoping that Guys With Kids gets renewed for next season. I would like to see it be given another chance. Its a cute show that I enjoy and when I visited my grandkids when it was on we were able to enjoy it together and I didn’t have to worry about questions on language or certain acts among the actors where people seem to accept it no matter what time the show airs. TV needs to be alot more careful.
    I would just like to see that show again.

The New Normal I really didn’t think it was that good. Its not that it was offensive it really did not have good material. Especially with the drunk lady in it. I only saw the 1st show and didn’t care for it.

Comment by Stuart – April 18, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one that loves Golden Boy

Comment by Lonnieb – April 18, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really like Golden Boy, Body of Proof and Vegas. I hope they all come back. I like Southland, but with the final I am not sure it will come back. John was shot and looks dead.

Comment by Pati – April 18, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the Golden Boy and can’t wait to see it! And Vegas and BOP, CSI NY

Comment by goldenyearssuck – April 27, 2013 04:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously.. no update on Renewal Scorecard since JANUARY 4TH??? Thought you guys were ‘in the know’… Come one, how about an update!!!

Comment by StoneyFF – April 18, 2013 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They update it continually.. As and when they recieve news, they strike off their old odds and type in new ones, with links too.. So they really are in the know :)

Comment by skinmanspeaks – April 19, 2013 01:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any odds of Hannibal being renewed? Will be crushed if it isn’t :(

Comment by skinmanspeaks – April 19, 2013 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I admit that I have had enough of all Law and Orders to last several lifetimes!
    Love Nashville, the Good Wife, and Parenthood is my favorite! Hope all three are back!!!

Comment by Patricia – April 19, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My absolute favorite show right now is Beauty and the Beast and frankly I don’t understand why it hasn’t already been renewed. It has action, comedy (so looking forward to the interaction between Tess and JT), suspence, and a classic romance made totally believable by the great chemistry between Kristen Kreuk and Jay Ryan. It has a loyal fanbase within a wide range of age groups in spite of being pourly promoted by The CW and I understand it is selling well overseas. Not everyone likes it but then I don’t like every show myself and this is one of the few shows I bother to watch anymore. The CW should keep BATB and encourage it to grow.

Comment by Patricia – April 19, 2013 11:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is the problem I see over and over with the CW. They only promote shows they like. B&TB is an awesome show & true to everything you stated. It is definitely much better than the CBS one with Linda Hamilton (aging myself) lol. There’s so much growth possibility with this show, however the morons on the CW will only continue to over advertise their favorite shows. These like Gossip Girl will also end. Then what, bring on more crappy shows? Lets hope & pray they will renew B&TB.

Comment by Lina – April 21, 2013 12:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Beauty and the beast is a good show! Agreed! :) and it is totally true that the CW don’t promote many of their other shows. Take Nikita for example, this show is just awesome! The depth of each character as it progesses it so good and it keeps you on the egde of your seat, yet this show has low ratings but honestly it is one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Comment by CP – April 21, 2013 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We Like Vegas please don’t cancelled Also CIS New York..

Comment by Bill & Rosemary Scott – April 20, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Please keep Vegas, CSI New York, Red Widow, Body of Proof

Comment by John – April 23, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i feel like the carrie diaries is too similar in base to gossip girl and that aggravates me as far as it being picked up over beauty and the beast. at least beauty and the beast is a fresher concept for the cw. however, it is also very repetitive. and i mean very. but i can see them doing more with it. i just don’t want them to pick up carrie diaries and toss out BatB, and then carrie diaries flops and gets horrible after season 2 just like gossip girl did. idk i can just see it happening. as long as hart of dixie stays safe, i’m good.

Comment by Chelsea Granger (@ckgranger143) – April 20, 2013 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anxiously awaiting Parenthood officially being renewed! Plus why is Hart of Dixie only listed as a safe bet instead of a sure thing…that is a great show!!

Comment by Lisa – April 21, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because HOD is a great family show in the south like parenthood, so it’s not good enough to be a sure thing because its not a crappy reality show or some demeaning family ripping on each other. All I see these days that almost any show with good family values almost always gets cancelled. Shame shame shame

Comment by Lina – April 21, 2013 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ITA! It’s sad that good scripted TV gets far less ratings than crappy reality shows!

Comment by Lisa – April 21, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It is a shame. I’m so sick of reality shows. Not only do they keep getting more disgusting, they are also putting a lot of good actors out of work.

Comment by Lina – April 21, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I also like HOD..it’s one of those “feel safe, go home too” kind of show. I’m hoping that we get another season…We need more show like this, and not more reality shows..

Comment by MJO – April 22, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s exactly how I feel about this show. Perfectly said. Unfortunately it seems that all these feel good shows aren’t good enough for the rest of America. That’s why most of them go off the air. Today if its not a gross reality show, or people beating each other up etc. they get cancelled. Fingers crossed,

Comment by Lina – April 22, 2013 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I couldn’t agree more! Us HOD fans, I know aren’t many.. but we’re loyal.

Comment by MJO – April 23, 2013 06:19 AM PDT
    • I hope Parenthood is renewed because I love Peter Krause since he was Nate Fisher on 6 FT Under. (Then I discovered Sports Night too).Good luck!

Comment by quarryhillcreativecenter/ladybellefiske – April 23, 2013 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I sure hope Beauty and the Beast will get a second season. There are so many unanswered questions, and so many twists and turn this show can take. Please don’t stop now. Thumbs up for Beauty and the Beast

Comment by Elgvira – April 21, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TOUCH better return…. it is an awesome show. It shows people with a different ability and to show us what they are capable of. Also.. hello Keifer.. isn’t that reason enough? This show isn’t your typical show which is why it is so good! Just like Fringe… it didn’t follow mainstream … it was awesome too!. Pleeeeeeeaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeeee bring back Touch! , please, please, please, please, please, please please please!

Comment by leigh – April 22, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re out of luck — the ratings are completely atrocious! It’s just you and about six other people still watching it.

Comment by Ike – April 26, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please learn how to spell unofficially. THANKS!

Comment by Kristen – April 22, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who cares what happens to Fox or any of its shows now that House, M.D, the only interesting thing Murdoch ever helped create — is gone?

Comment by quarryhillcreativecenter/ladybellefiske – April 23, 2013 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What the heck are you talking about? House was produced by NBC/Universal which sold the first-run rights to Fox. So Murdoch/Fox didn’t have much to do with it. And by the end, the ratings were not very good, and tons of episodes were made, far more than many fans of many other shows get, so why are you still acting sore about it? You’ve got tons of House to re-watch anytime.

Comment by ike7 – April 26, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No chance for Golden Boy! I really like that show! Love the flashbacks and want to know about the murder/suicide that takes place in the future.

Comment by Jthethird – April 23, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope to see Good Wife return on CBS. But wish The Amazing Race would be at a different time as it often runs late with Good Wife. I understand it’s the sports, according to my husband, that makes this happen. How about Good Wife first, Amazing Race 2nd?

Comment by quarryhillcreativecenter/ladybellefiske – April 23, 2013 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about HBO? Will we see The Newsroom again??

Comment by quarryhillcreativecenter/ladybellefiske – April 23, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good news for you: I walked past some Newsroom filming locations on NYC’s Upper East Side recently.

This article would have to be about 35 times longer to cover all the reams and reams of stuff on cable.

Comment by ike7 – April 26, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to see the renewal scorecard for programs on the other networks besides the ones you already have. Shows like Longmire, The Glades, Rookie Blue

Comment by John – April 23, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Longmire & the glades are supposed to come back in June last I heard. Wish those shows didn’t have such long hiatus.

Comment by Lina – April 23, 2013 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please DO NOT cancel Csi:NY. The best version of the CSI series currently on the air. It keeps me tuned to CBS. On my family’s all-time favorite show list.

Comment by Michela – April 23, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still waiting on the official renewales for Criminal Minds and Castle. It is looking good for both shows to be renewed. I’m glad Supernatural, the mentalist, NCIS, and the big bang theory has been renewed.

Comment by Jessica – April 23, 2013 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sure Castle & criminal minds will be renewed. NCiS has signed a new contract until 2015 so at least we don’t have to worry about that. Not that we would, its one of CBS number 1 shows. Thank God.

Comment by Lina – April 23, 2013 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m waiting for Castle and Hart of Dixie to be renewed!

Comment by MJO – April 24, 2013 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I also want Castle to be renewed and I just saw the best Castle episode ever today called Still and I mean the whole episode was basically for the fans of Caskett throughout the years so Andrew Marlowe does give fans what they want and so hopefully that will include a renewal but if not at least we got one episode that was amazing and just pure Caskett goodness.

Comment by Emily Hansen – April 24, 2013 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • How’d you get to see that episode? They bummed that one til next week!!

Comment by MJO – April 24, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Somehow it was available on german and french i-tunes yesterday and someone posted the link on their tumblr which how i got to watch it. Go to http:// blondezilla90. tumblr.com/ and you can find the episode link. I used the link on deposit files and then used VLC media player to watch the 7 parts and it worked for me though the sound isn’t great quality

Comment by Emily Hansen – April 24, 2013 08:42 AM PDT
  • CSI:NY is NOT a sure thng? It is one of the best-written well-acted shows on the air! Is it too intelligent for the masses? The cast is superb, the writers give it heart…One of the best shows ever to bring home the personal tragedies of 9/11…The name of the episode was “Indelible” – it was commemorating the 10th anniversary of the event and moved me to tears, literally. It is still saved on my DVR…Why anyone would fail to renew this show is beyond me. The fact that it has been moved all over the schedule in an attempt to lose viewers proves to me that someone is looking for an excuse to cancel it. It would be a travesty to cancel this show. Please don’t do this! There are already too many mindless wonders for the 12-year-olds; please leave a few things that make people think and feel!

Comment by Mary S. – April 24, 2013 02:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! Love the show and one I NEVER miss – Please keep CSI NY – I still miss CSI Miami!

Comment by goldenyearssuck – April 24, 2013 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • CSI NY is going to be tight. Last season was supposed to be the last season, thank God it did good towards the end in the ratings, and I know a bunch of us begged through twitter last year especially me. Lol Do not know if it helped but it did come back for one more season. Hopefully they realize ppl are still loving it & it will be renewed.

Comment by Lina – April 24, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Golden Boy is one of the best new shows to come down the pike in a long time on CBS. Why does your network always want to cancel the shows that work? Golden Boy has a great cast, writers, and a storyline that keeps you coming back for more clues on the future development of young police commissioner to be. Anxious to see how it all plays out. Please DON’T cancel after only one season.

Comment by Nick – April 24, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is it me or is there another way to reply to these without having to go to the end of the page each time? Please tell me there’s another way. Why doesn’t it take you straight to the end of the page when you hit reply?
      Anyway, started watching it when it came on from first episode, watched a couple episodes & really liked it because I love almost all good cop shows, however then got so disgusted with the Spanish asshole officer (can’t remember his name) started backstabbing & messing with the young girl CI that it totally turned me off. I could watch any of the house wife shows if I wanted to see that crap, of which I do not watch any of them. I like the team work & comraderie of the CSI, blue bloods shows etc. not all this crap between officers. I’m sure it makes for good tv for others but so over that kind of crap.

Comment by Lina – April 24, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Been really enjoying Body of Proof this season. I confess, I only really stuck with the first two seasons because I really like Dana Delaney and it was more a “I’ll put it on while I do the housework” kind of show… but the new dynamic of pace, dialogue and characters has me glued! Well done BoP – that’s how you revitalise a show! I hope ABC let it have another faster-paced series :) x

Comment by Bear75 – April 24, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously all I need is Hart of Dixie, I watch half the shows listed here, but I would survive if they all got cancelled, just not HOD

Comment by Roshni – April 24, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes Yes Yes! Renew HOD!!!!

Comment by MJO – April 24, 2013 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Vegas. It’s smart, well written and well acted. Can’t believe they renewed NCIS, LA. Terrible acting. Watched it once when it was a cross over from Hawaii Five-O. Was amazed at how bad it is, especially compared to the original. Please renew Vegas

Comment by Had Enough – April 24, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We saw Dennis Quaid on Fallon. Not a word about Vegas, just his latest movie. We are holding our breaths. Please, please, please, CBS, renew Vegas! It is such a good show.

Comment by prish – April 24, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummed about Emily Owens, M.D…. It was one of the must watch shows for me… Hope to see Nashville back too! Its great! :)

Comment by Kat – April 25, 2013 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I need Beauty & the Beast and Nikita to be renewed. Badly!

Comment by An – April 25, 2013 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hannibal
    Best acting
    Best writing
    People need to watch this develop – great suspense!

Comment by Ron – April 25, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hannibal
    Great Acting
    Great Writing
    Thrilling episode after episode
    people really should give this one a shot – it is sooooo goood!

Comment by Ron – April 25, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you, Ron! I am one of those who loved the Hannibal movies, managing to ignore the gore while enraptured by the characters. I hesitated about the tv series, because things are usually lost in translation, but I will set the DVR for it and give it a shot.

Comment by Mary S – April 25, 2013 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mary the show is absolutely one of the best things. It’s very different and it shows you that part of Hannibal that we’ve always wondered about, those set of years where he hid in plain sight, where he was still a killer and a cannibal, but he was also a successful psychiatrist and a beloved member of the community. People trusted him and loved him and this is showing us just that. It’s absolutely wonderful and it’s too good to be cancelled

Comment by deutschtard – May 1, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope TVLine is right and that Nikita is a safe bet. They deserve a 4th season!

Comment by Owl Little (@OwlLittle) – April 25, 2013 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I am very lucky! Of all the shows I watch, only one is in danger; all the rest are either officially renewed or are safe bets. I thoroughly enjoy SMASH, which appears to be in danger. The music is excellent, the storylines are engaging, and the actors are perfect for their roles. I am in the too-old-to-be-a-factor group, and it just galls me that the execs seem to want to ignore the largest group in the country: we Baby Boomers are consumers, too, and most of us have more to spend than the rest of the population.
    Do these execs hate their parents enough to deprive them of the shows they enjoy? Harry’s Law had the highest rating of the entire network, but the demographics of the viewers was not in the magic 18-49 group, so they pulled the plug on it. IDIOTS!!! They leave on cheap trash reality shows like the Bachelor and -ette and all those fighting Housewives, but deprive us of great writing and acting by REAL actors.
    One day these age-ists will reach their 60′s and might understand what it means to be discriminated against! (By the way, I do love American Idol and Dancing Wtith the Stars, because both of those shows allow the contestants to show their own talent and growth. We get to see some real entertainment! There is no sabotage, backbiting, fighting, or trying to harm any of their “opponents.” Indeed, there is friendship, caring and cheering for each other when they move forward and tears when they leave. This is the kind of friendly rivalry that this country needs to see. These shows need to continue. Any show that promotes any of those negative qualities needs to go. We get enough of that by watching our politicians!)
    By the way, Ron, thank you for the recommendation of Hannibal…I have not yet seen it, but I will set my DVR for it.

Comment by Mary S – April 25, 2013 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unfortunately, as a whole, older viewers watch a ton of TV, so advertisers will pay less to capture them in prime time because it is so easy and cheap to get them during the day, during much much cheaper programs like talk shows and news programs. Note that news programs have heaps of ads aimed at older viewers including lots of ads for prescriptions, etc. So the advertisers had no reason to pay extra to get those same eyeballs during Harry’s Law, which was much more expensive than news shows or game shows or talk shows. Younger viewers are harder to get. Supply and demand.

Comment by ike7 – April 26, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think the execs are crazy…I for one do NOT watch talk shows, news, or many sporting events. I admit, I am not your usual retiree, but I much prefer a well-written and acted show with substance. I am not into gossip, fighting, backbiting, disrespecting people just because you disagree with them…I like a story with a beginning, middle and end. I like to see friends, family and coworkers who not oly get along, but who have a deep and abiding respect and caring for each other even IF they disagree. I like humor that is not at someone else’s expense. I am an intelligent person who appreciates shows that celebrate the human condition – friends laugh together, detectives follow the clues and formulate theories about the crime and ultimately, the bad guys get caught. I like watching the process. I like the characters, I like the philosophies they express and the strength of character they demonstrate. I do enjoy Ellen, occasionally, and Drs. Phil and Oz…but to lose my night time shows because I occasionally watch a few daytime shows. Mostly my daytimes consist of reruns of Law and Order (all of them), The Mentalist, The Closer, CSI (all of them), Burn Notice and other such things.
        If there is nothing on primetime networks that I like, I watch cable. I am not going to watch mindless tripe just because there is nothing else on the networks that I enjoy.
        May I recommend USA, TNT, A&E, Bravo and the Food Network (I do not cook, but I will watch others do so)…all of which carry shows that are entertaining and good-natured.
        If “the BIG FOUR” insist upon cancelling the shows I want to see, I will find something else, somewhere else. Very simple.

Comment by Mary S. – April 26, 2013 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was wrong-another of my favorite shows is in danger “long shot” – CSI:NY is a beautifully written show, the actors are movie-quality, the storylines are relevant, and they always catch the bad guys. I love the forensics and how their minds pull everything together. I like shows that give you something to think about. The characters are engaging and we see just enough of their personal lives to care about them without it turning into a soap opera! This is an excellent show. The episode titled “Indelible” was set on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and is one of the most poignant and touching depictions of the aftermath of 9/11 that I have seen. It brought me to tears and is STILL on my DVR. That caliber of writing and acting needs to remain on the air, not those hateful reality shows where everybody yells at each other, tries to sabotage the efforts of the other contestants, and in general set a terrible example of how to behave for our youth to follow. We don’t need any more fights in our schools or on our streets. We need to show them how to respect each other. CSI:NY does that. The show has heart.

Comment by Mary S – April 25, 2013 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Deception…. Please…. At least finish the show come on NBC!

Comment by Crydelight – April 26, 2013 12:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why isn’t Hell’s Kitchen on the Fox list?

Comment by Rick M. – April 26, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • help please . is this the only way to reply to have to go to the bottom EACH time. not lazy but this is frustrating . why isn’t this at the top instead of the bottom ?

Comment by Lina – April 26, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do they insist on renewing Survivor…I find no entertainment in that. Bring back CSI NY

Comment by Linda Montague – April 26, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The only reason to keep any of these reality shows is that they are cheap to make and I guess some viewers like watching backbiting, backstabbing, opponents do whatever they can to sabotage other contestants…and it’s cheaper than paying excellent writers and superb actors. There are some good reality shows that showcase the individual’s skills and talent (or lack therefo!) but the contestants are supportive of each other and focus on their own ability to get the task done well, whether it’s dancing, singing, designing (Project Runway) or cooking.
      CSI:NY is an excellent show that we deserve to be able to continue watching.

Comment by Mary S – April 26, 2013 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree – I love the CSI NY and the cast! I can not stand reality shows – maybe the final American Idol or Dancing with the Stars – but loath Survivor and the races….

Comment by Carol Dorsey – April 27, 2013 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree 100%

Comment by Linda Montague – April 27, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree with you totally – can’t stand Survivor or Amazing Race – Love CSI-NY

Comment by goldenyearssuck – April 27, 2013 04:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just don’t get the whole survivor thing, it’s going on season 100. Come on ppl. Aren’t u bored yet. Turn yourselves onto a mind using csi, blue bloods, something that you might learn from or teach you family values. What can you possibly Lear from survivor & the amazing race that you will possibly use in your daily life. It’s not like any of us are ever going to go to these places. Just saying.

Comment by Lina – April 28, 2013 04:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree completely! I have never watched Survivor, the Amazing Race, the Bachelor or -ette, or any of the fighting Housewives. I’ve seen enough in their ads to know that there is nothing there that interests me. I do not understand the need to watch any of those shows: every ad focusees on how they are going to sabotage each other, plot against each other and scram at each other. What kind of lessons are our youth learning from watching this kind of behavior?? Taking glee in someone else’s humiliation or pain?? This country already has enough problems without making heroes of bad guys and bullies. PLEASE let CSI:NY and Smash remain on the air…The writing is superb and the acting is even better! Gary Sinise and Debra Messing and everyone else on both shows…and Jennifer Hudon and Liza as guest stars how can you pass by that??…CSI:NY gives us something positive to think about and offers good philosophies to live by. Right now the Smash storyline is taking a dark turn, but maybe they’re doing that as a means of wrapping up the series…hopefully it can be turned around and brought back on a positive note!

Comment by Mary S – April 29, 2013 01:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC better keep Hannibal. Best show to air on that network in years.

Comment by NedPepper – April 26, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY for Hart of Dixie being renewed!! Best news. :)

Comment by Loz – April 26, 2013 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m right there with you! I actually did a little *happy dance* in my chair at work! Very exciting.. now if I would only get the official word that Castle’s been renewed…I will be a happy girl

Comment by MJO – April 27, 2013 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My weekend is now complete. B &B, HOD & BONES, has been renewed. Yeah yeah yeah. Sad but true. Can u say tv junkie?

Comment by Lina – April 26, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post