2013 Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Cancelled? What's on the Bubble?

blog_combo_1.4.13_finalTV’s queasy season has arrived! From now until late May, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW will determine which shows are good to return next fall… and which will join Mob Doctor, Partners and Emily Owens, M.D. over at the MIA Network.

To help you monitor what’s staying, what’s going and what’s anxiously riding the “bubble,” we present you with our annual easy-to-browse cheat sheet.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Find Out Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel, so we strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates. As a reminder, the eight levels in TVLine’s reliable renewal index are as follows:
♦ Officially renewed
♦ A sure thing
♦ A safe bet
♦ Could go either way
♦ A long-shot
♦ Essentially cancelled
♦ Officially cancelled
♦ Too early to tell

And now, the Scorecard (use these links to jump to CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW).

ABC
666 Park Avenue: Officially cancelled.
The BachelorA sure thing. Officially renewed.
The BacheloretteA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Body of Proof: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially cancelled.
Castle: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Dancing With the Stars: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Don’t Trust the B—– in Apartment 23: A long-shot. Unofficially canceled.
Family Tools: Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.
Grey’s AnatomyA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Happy Endings: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
How To Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life): Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.
Last Man Standing: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Last Resort: Officially cancelled; series finale aired Jan. 24.
Malibu Country: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
The MiddleA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Modern FamilyA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Nashville: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Neighbors: A long-shot. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Once Upon a TimeA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Private Practice: Officially cancelled; series finale aired Jan. 22.
Red Widow: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
RevengeA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Scandal: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Shark Tank: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Suburgatory: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Zero Hour: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE FOR CBS!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Comments (1,689)

• Keep Body of Proof!!!!!! So much better than alot of that junk you are renewing.

Comment by Stephenie – April 4, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who keeps misspelling unofficially???

Comment by Taelor GitMunny Rye – April 4, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope GLEE gets renewed!!! It’s my fav show of all time!! Glee is like no oter show I’ve ever seen. It’s special. Plz Renew it!!

Comment by Mia – April 4, 2013 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^This #Glee Season 5

Comment by gleeisjoy – April 14, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tv most specially ABC do not have good family shows for families not on cable. Our family realy likes Last Man Standing and Malibu Country on ABC. Most of the rest of their programs are full sex and violance and dark spirits. This is not something that someone who has children and christian values should be viewing. Yes there are some things in the two shows I mentioned but they are not based on demoralizing our nation. I hope they are renewed.

Comment by Annastasia – April 5, 2013 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please don’t cancel csi ny.it is the best show that tv ever produced.

Comment by djcottdjcott (@djcottdjcott) – April 6, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE DON’T CANCEL NIKITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by ASDASDASD – April 6, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know this could be a long shot but I would like to see NBC bring back Guys with Kids even before Whitney. It’s a cute clean show that even kids can watch. I loved the baby boy that played as the the child for the couple who were divorced. His non facial expressions could makie me laugh so hard because you felt like he was studying everything around him and not missing anything.
    There might not be alot of people who agree with me because shows that enhance topics that are not always appropriate for all ages oh or better yet lets talk about reality shows where people hit, cuss and talk about things that are not worthy for tv escape.

Comment by Candace Stuart – April 6, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita simply has to get renewed!
    Happy Vampire Diaries is renewed! :)

Comment by Coral – April 6, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who wants Smash to be saved? I love it! I just started watching it a week ago and I watched all the episodes. Please don’t get rid of one of my favorite shows!!

Comment by tartangirl1 – April 6, 2013 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SMASH & GOLDEN BOY are 2 of my favorites. I hate to grow to love a show & have the network just cancel it after one season or a half a season. The audience will grow if it is good. Give us a break!

Comment by claire – April 12, 2013 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that the CW network brings Beauty and the Beast back it has become one of my favorite shows!!! I usually watch American Idol on thursdays followed by Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal but I don’t miss Beauty & the Beast or Vampire Diaries because I DVR them. The next day I usually watch my shows that I recorded and the one I anticipate watching is Beauty & the Beast, I watch that one first then VD. I hope the CW doesn’t cancel another good show like they did with The Secret Circle!!!!!! Jay Ryan is a really nice to look at!!!

Comment by Tracy Brown – April 6, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such bad news about HIMYM. I am a devoted fan but I want the show to be cancelled so they just hurry up and reveal the mother. Too much build up has sort of made it really hard to cast her. Very few recurring characters have been as colorful as the main gang, and the mother really has to bring it to be more than a finale. Also, it better not be someone we have already seen before.

Comment by setite – April 6, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I stopped watching after the first year, since waiting got too much. I’ll start watching, again, when the mother comes on board. All these years later, there is going to be some huge pressure on any actress. It has to be someone that brings everyone together. Melissa Rauch, who plays Bernadette in Big Bang Theory, could carry it off.

Comment by prish – April 12, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To all you, How I Met your Mother fans. I can tell you that Ted ends up marrying Robins sister but, I can’t tell who’ll be playing the part of Robins sister.

Comment by Ramon Gonzalez- Cortes – April 7, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i would be very sad if cult got cancelled, it’s actually a pretty interesting show, with characters that have alot of depth and very interesting plot twists. I would go as far as to say that next to The Following, it’s my favorite cult related show. You know what needs to be cancelled? revolution, which is poorly written and has very flat unrealistic characters, it’s a worse version of falling skies and honestly how many post-apocalyptic shows do we need? lets stick with the good ones Walking Dead and Falling skies all the way

Comment by Tika – April 7, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just realized I’m an ABC girl :
    Watch 6 ABC shows
    4 CBS
    1 FOX
    2 NBC
    0 CW

Comment by Sara – April 8, 2013 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best show on the CW is definitely Nikita. Needs more recognition for it’s amazing-ness. If you like kick-ass action and a fantastic storyline, then you should definitely look it up. It is amazing and one of my all time favourite tv shows.

Comment by CP – April 8, 2013 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am starting to like the Body of Proof reboot so I hope it sticks around.

Comment by TVDIVA – April 8, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man I really hope smash doesn’t get canceled, or I’m going to fall into a depression

Comment by Nemoo – April 8, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG PLEAAAAASE keep Nikita on!!!! I really really really hope they don’t cancel this show. Apart from gossip girl (and I’m really talking the first 2 seasons in it’s prime) I’m not usually a fan of the CW, but Nikita…I NEVER thought I would love a show like this but I am CONSTANTLY blown away by the quality of it, the writing. the acting, the storylines and how they weave together soooo well, just everything. OMG i’ll never get over how underrated it is, it is soooooo good!!! They have to have a 4th season, it just gets better and better!! :( Yay for grey’s!!

Comment by shann – April 8, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • People just don’t understand how amazing this show is, Totally agree, it needs so much more recognition. Many are saying that for it to have a fourth season is very likely which is such good news! :D

Comment by CP – April 9, 2013 01:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know!!!! I don’t understand the CW either, why don’t they promote it??? It just should not be on this network, end of story. thank god for that!!!!! because it’s not like its being stretched out and dying a painful death creatively, that couldn’t be further from the truth, I feel like it’s just getting started!

Comment by shann – April 11, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think the TV show does enough promoting of itself. I know they are surely very busy people but maybe trying to get an interview with a well respected TV host may help boost viewers as then more people will be able to see how good this TV show really is!

Comment by CP – April 12, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice to finally see Nikita upgraded to a safe bet. YAY!!

Comment by James – April 8, 2013 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What I personally really watch regularly on broadcast TV from these lists.

ABC:
    Once Upon a Time.
    They already cancelled the other shows I was interested in. :-P

CW:
    Nada. Nothing of interest for me on that network whatsoever.

CBS:
    The Big Bang Theory (although feel it is losing some of its edge and flair)
    Criminal Minds (off and on – mostly only if it is a Reid centered episode)
    CSI
    CSI: NY (it has had a good long run; won’t necessarily be heartbroken if not renewed)
    Elementary
    Hawaii Five-0 (sometimes, but get weary of Danny and his whining.)
    The Mentalist
    NCIS
    NCIS: Los Angeles (not necessarily must always see, but adore Linda Hunt)
    Person of Interest
    Vegas (really hoping it gets renewed – getting more interesting with each episode.)

FOX:
    Touch (but not thrilled with the more violent turn of Season 2).
    The Following
    Bones (sometimes, but no longer a must see. Concept getting old frankly. Think it is time to put this show to pasture while it can still can go out on an up note. – sorry.)

NBC
    Grimm
    Hannibal – giving it a chance. Still “too soon to tell” for me.
    (jgave up on Revolution – too far fetched, uninteresting and unlikeable).

Comment by kirads09 – April 9, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You need a page for “cable” network renewals like Syfy. For example, is Being Human going to be renewed? Other networks to include – USA, TNT, and MTV (awkward, and teen wolf…). Think about it.

Comment by e-123 – April 9, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ugh! They need to give deception another season. It started off slow but got really good.

Comment by L – April 9, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like shows that are intelligent, and sometimes just different..I like Vegas..remember those days and the real people…like Red Widow, great cast and interesting story, I liked Mob Doctor because it was different and had a great cast, New Normal was cute, and I like Beauty and the Beast mostly because of the female lead who is terrific. I’ll miss the ones that are gone, and pray for the undecided. I pretty much figure if it’s edgy, intelligent, or different and I like it it will be cancelled. Thank God for cable, broadcast TV has been made so dumb it’s embarassing.

Comment by Suzan Moren – April 9, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I must have been the only person that watched Emily Owens… I loved the ensemble cast …. Sad it is going away.

Comment by Nancy w – April 9, 2013 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, renew Vegas, CBS! We’re dying, here, in my household, hoping, hoping, hoping. It’s a great show with a great cast.

Comment by prish – April 10, 2013 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Nashville was upgraded but super bummed about Golden Boy.

Comment by Adrienne – April 10, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Golden Boy The Following and The Bates Motel

Comment by Trresa – April 10, 2013 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These are what watch:on abc:Once Upon a Time,Nashville
    On CBS:Big Bang Theory( but it was better in the first three season),2 Broke Girls
    On NBC:Smash
    On CW:Hart of Dixie,Carrie Diaries,Beauty & Beast,Vampire Diaries,
    Abcfamily:PLL,Sawitched at Birth,Lying Game,Bunheads
    These are only the shows that haven’t been officially cancelled yet

Comment by Brandy – April 10, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can some one tell my if CBS cancelled cracked, or is there going to be a renewed?

Comment by ian – April 10, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am gutted about Touch and Smash.i love both those shows. So sad to see them go.
    Also the Cw will have so few shows next season.
    And do we have any info on abc family shows?

Comment by sadie j – April 10, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know what the problem is… They have 5 or 6 of the same types of shows on. People what different things on. They see a format and everyone wants the same type of show. Or they make a show exciting at first then so boring it takes three or 4 airings to tell one story! The TV world has to consider there are more channels so the ratings have to be set up different… why cancelled a show because 3 million people are only watching… use a show like that in the summer or air on Saturdays or Fridays! TV execs are stupid… All TV execs because they want money which is understandable but take a show a put it on else where… during the slow months. The high prices for cable and direct tv… and dish are causing people to look elsewhere… when you get a show you pull it because it is not getting the “ratings” use that show in a different slot. Like daytime….. you have to think outside the box and approach things different

Comment by Michael William Aurand Jr. – April 10, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Neighbors should be renewed. It is a great show, imaginative and different. Thanks!

Comment by lee – April 10, 2013 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is there a reason you keep spelling “unofficially” wrong?

Comment by hay – April 11, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why hasn’t ABC renewed a single show yet? They are the only network to not officially renew anything. NBC has only renewed 1 show what’s with that.

I don’t understand why some networks take so long to renew shows. If they are getting good rating through April conventional wisdom would suggest that would continue for sweeps.

Comment by cdeno – April 11, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ABC is driving me nuts! I want my Castle renewed..I don’t know why they are dragging their feet..

Comment by MJO – April 11, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree that I want Castle renewed and I would be devastated if it wasn’t but ABC doesn’t usually announce their fall line-up until May so it’s a wait

Comment by Emily Hansen – April 17, 2013 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Smaah gets cancelled, I swear, I will postal, the likes of which the world has never seen! I maintain that when NBC had the subset bowl slot, instead of showing the Voice, they should have aired the Pilot of Smash instead if airing it after the voice. It would have garuenteed them viewers that would come back the next week.

Comment by Spree – April 11, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of Course they cancel a lot of the Good show & keep a lot of the Crappy ones!!!

Comment by Billy Wehrenberg – April 11, 2013 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DUMP “REALITY” SHOWS! Am I the only one who thinks so-called “reality” shows are the dung at the bottom of the barrel? Where’s the drama, where’s the family comedy? Instead of less, there are more and more of them–dumb and dumber!

Comment by Carol Larson – April 12, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m here agreein’ wit’ ya. The next reality show to hit the dumpster will be Eva Longoria’s. Talk about borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring!

Comment by cmaglaughlin – April 12, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. most reality shows have very few redeeming qualities. For the people who watch the Housewives of where ever, it must be like scratching a sore. Why?

Comment by claire – April 12, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I, really, want Vegas to get renewed because it is such fun. I enjoy Golden Boy, lots, but since there are hints that Owen’s sub-story might be one of the characters that will have a less than ideal ending, I can accept not seeing the series beyond this year. It is a very good combo of story and acting, though. Maybe they can rewrite something, since that is what they had done to Awesome in Chuck.

Comment by prish – April 12, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really love GOLDEN BOY. It’s got the good, the nasty, as well as all the things that make a good police show. Please leave it alone!

Comment by claire vericker – April 12, 2013 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Golden Boy is just awesome – I just wish CBS would have given it a real chance.

Comment by Caroline TEX – April 16, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC – Revenge. CBS – Blue Bloods & The Mentalist. FOX – The Following & Touch. NBC – Deception, Hannibal, SVU & The Voice. CW – Supernatural.
    Do not touch! TYSVM!!!

Comment by cece2 – April 12, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The reason there are so many reality shows is because they are incredibly cheap to produce.

Comment by cece2 – April 12, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the only reason Last Man Standing could go either way is because of it’s time slot, and not enough exposure. That show is Tim Allen at his best. The cast is great, the story lines are fantastic, and quite frankly, it is enough to keep me home on a Friday night-and I even have a DVR!!! I Can’t wait to see this show every week. The humor is top notch. recommended with 5 stars!!

Comment by Peg – April 12, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope two and a half men gets renewed i watch with Charlie and Ashton i have absolute unconditional love for it. Season 11 should be OFFICIALLY RENEWED

Comment by noah – April 13, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1600 Penn is the funniest show on TV. The son is hilarious and I can’t stop laughing! Please renew it!

Comment by Beth Nieman – April 13, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Glee gets another season! Not another show like it anywhere on TV! Fox please please renew!

Comment by songndance – April 14, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t cancel Nashville. I love it and would be so upset if it was cancelled. The actors, the songs its the whole package. please please keep Nashiville on.

Comment by diane – April 15, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Carrie diaries needs to continue!!!! I love the show!!! So good:) I was so sad when HBO ended Sex and the City…. I love this it is fresh and awesome I love it I’m hooked!!!!

Comment by breeziejaden – April 16, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like know know why you spell it oFFicially, but also unoFicially. Quiet curious.

Comment by Kate – April 16, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doesn’t look l,e the CW have that much left….

Comment by Megan S – April 16, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really NBC ??? Cancelling Smash ??? One of the few good shows you still have !!!

Comment by Karin – April 16, 2013 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Smash is one of the best shows on TV. The music is amazing! Please don’t cancel it! Instead, cancel the stupid Celebrity Apprentice, led by racist Donald Trump.

Comment by Beth Nieman – April 17, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed! I hate the Celebrity Apprentice.

Comment by Stephenie – April 18, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s a good show but has terrible ratings and is very exspensive to make and the ratings don’t justify renewing it.Shows aren’t renewed based on quality, but ratings and if they’re making enough money to justify renewal.

Comment by Brandy – April 18, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post