Pilot Scoop: Anna Faris to Headline Chuck Lorre's Latest CBS Comedy Mom

Anna Faris Mom CBS Comedy PilotOne of pilot season’s hottest properties is officially off the market.

Anna Faris has landed the title role in CBS’ Chuck Lorre-produced multi-camera comedy pilot Mom, TVLine has learned.

PHOTOS | Pilot Season Preview: The 36 Most Wanted Actors and Actresses

The actress — whose film credits include The Dictator, The House Bunny and the Scary Movie franchise — will play a newly sober single mom who tries to pull her life together in the Napa Valley.

Lorre co-wrote the Mom script with his Two and a Half Men colleagues Eddie Gorodetsky and Gemma Baker.

If Mom gets a green light (and if Two and a Half Men returns for an 11th season, as many expect it will) that would bring to four the number of shows Lorre will have on the air next fall, joining the already renewed The Big Bang Theory and sure thing Mike & Molly.

1. Thilia says:

While I can’t stand Chuck Lorre, I would watch this for Anna Faris.

2. Jon says:

I love her, but Chuck Lorre… just no. Won’t be watching this. You can do waaaaay better, Anna.

3. PCT says:

Ugh, no. Kat Dennings and Melissa McCarthy are already two incredibly talented actresses trapped on mediocre sitcoms from this guy. Would hate to see Faris added to the mix.

• Shane says:

Kay Dennings isn’t in a Chuck Lorre show. 2 Broke Girls is not his show.

• jonvit says:

Weird, I could swear it was his show! Just checked and its really not (Worse, it’s Whitney Cummings’)

• Say what? says:

2 Broke Girls, Whitney, Kathy Griffin & Chelsea Handler are the worst possible examples of womanhood. A bouquet of skanks.

• KND says:

A bouquet of skanks. I love it! And completely agree.

• Jon says:

Ha. I actually like Chelsea Handler’s talk show, but the sitcom about her life was terrible, even worse than Whitney.

• tara17 says:

Sitcom women must be quirky/cute/stupid/super moms that never stop and put up with inept husband. Whitney finally has an example of a great husband and a flawed female protagonist. It’s a nice break.

• Tt says:

2 broke girls isn’t done by Lorre it’s by Whitney. I totally agree though that being said he does have one good show which is Big Bang however I think that’s to the credit of the current exec producers and not him

• Jo says:

Check your facts. Chuck Lorre has nothing to do with 2 Broke Girls, he’s the one behind Mike and Molly and the BIg Bang Theory, as mentioned above. His shows are usually great hits, so this one is bound to be as well!

• Guy says:

YEAH PCT! Obviously the one comment wasn’t enough. CHECK YOUR FACTS. Geeeezzz.

4. ES says:

I guess she won’t be popping up in Pawnee.

5. Dee says:

Kind of sounds like a sober rehash of Grace Under Fire.

6. Alan says:

yay another lowest common denominator, bottom of the barrel “sitcom” from this hack, thats what we all need. is it any wonder his shows are so unfocused when he is trying to do all this at the same time. anna please you are better than this get a real sitcom from anybody else if you want regular work, i hear there is an opening in the study group in greendale which would be better suited

7. Jinjeon says:

Another feature actress coming to television because she’s pushing forty. Why Hollywood doesn’t care about actress who are pushing or over forty? We only see forty plus or fifty plus actors with actresses who could be their daughters as their love interests. It’s disgusting. Btw I don’t have anything against TV, I love her much more cause there are roles for women over forty and more there but it makes me angry that movies don’t care about many talented actresses who are not twenty and plus anymore.

• Tara says:

Tell that to Helen Mirren, Judi Dench, Meryl Streep, Cher, Shirley McLaine, Maggie Smith etc. It isn’t that Hollywood doesn’t appreciate mature actresses. It’s that once they lose that freshness people realize that most of them can’t act. Those who can, continue to get parts. The Megan Fox types don’t last.

8. Jack Wahl says:

whoa whoa whoa… what’s with all the hate today? it’s just entertainment, and not theological doctrine.

• Alan says:

its from a bad writer who does nothing but clog up the schedules and skew ratings date because he is perfectly happy to scrape the bottom of the barrel for laughs, thats why there is so much hate

• Michael says:

I think that you should be blaming CBS and the millions of viewers, not Chuck Lorre. If I could sell crap to millions, for oodles of cash, you can bet your ass that I would.

9. I think it will be picked up (C’mon Chuck Lorre and Anna Faris – it’s a safe bet), but I kinda hope it’s a single cam, no live audience show, because they could really go far with a story like this and make a serious comedy out of it

10. Superhero says:

Eww, Chuck Lorre…

11. Jared says:

Anna Faris is the ONLY reason why I would give a Chuck Lorre show a chance.

12. nick1372 says:

I’d check this out, because Chuck Lorre shows have gotten progresively better. Two and A Half Men is terrible, TBBT is OK, and Mike & Molly is actually a smart, funny comedy. Hopefully, this will keep the trend alive.

13. Kathy says:

I always thought that Anna Faris’s only acting technic was that she gasps, or breathes heavy a lot. Not gonna win an Oscar or Emmy based on that!

14. Tonde Lungu says:

Can someone explain to me why people hate Chuck Lorre so much. The Big Bang Theory, Mike and Molly and Two and Half Men all have mega ratings and all their actors are in demand.. Globally – everyone loves these shows because humour is humor. Whether its those shows or movies like The Hangover series (I’m sure most of you have watched and will watch the 3rd one as well) … Is Lorre that bad that his shows and writers strike gold everytime??!! Anna should be so lucky her career will continue and she’ll probably end up getting paid $20,000,000 a season in a few years..