The Neighbors Exclusive: Sandra Bernhard to Guest-Star — But Who Will She Play?

bernhard 300Buckle your seatbelts, because The Neighbors‘ latest guest star could make for a very bumpy ride.

Comedienne Sandra Bernhard will play a driver’s ed teacher in an upcoming episode of the ABC comedy, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Exclusive: The Neighbors Recruits Michael Bay

Details are few, but we do know her character’s name is Ms. Porsche. (Based on nothing but pure speculation – and the Zabvornian penchant for odd names – is it too much to hope that the outspoken actress turns out to be another alien?)

In addition to roles on Roseanne and Hercules, Bernhard’s long list of TV gigs includes appearances on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, The L Word, Hot in Cleveland and GCB.

Bernhard’s episode will air sometime this winter. The Neighbors returns with a new episode Wednesday, Jan. 9 (8:30/7:30c).

Comments (10)

• How is this show still on the air?

Comment by Tom Charles – January 2, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe watch a couple of episodes and find out? I thought the same as you until I gave it a couple of episodes and fell in love. It’s quite funny (unlike other sitcoms, this one actually makes me laugh out loud at times).

Comment by kavyn – January 2, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed! It’s become my favorite sitcom this season…until Tuesday when Cougar Town comes back!

Comment by Jeff – January 3, 2013 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE SANDRA!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Jared – January 2, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is seriously underrated. If you’ve given up on it or just wrote it off after the pilot, give it another shot.

Comment by M – January 2, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I am not a fan of Sandra’s so I guess I’ll skip this ep. :)

Comment by Kim R – January 2, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Been saying it for years – she desperately needs a nose job.

Comment by Bob – January 3, 2013 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hated the pilot, but love the show. Not looking forward to this episode, though. I can’t really stand Sandra Bernhard, so I’m not thrilled with this casting.

Comment by maltru – January 3, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow at some of yall’s comments.

Comment by flychick86 – January 3, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show. Though it was going to be pure corn at first , but it is just getting better and better . To see the learning curve through 2 different species/cutures eyes is very amusing. It is both funny and touching . I hope it has a good future !

Comment by joan – January 14, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post