Revenge Hot Shots: Ashley Returns by [Spoiler]'s Side, Daniel Takes on Dylan Walsh

If there’s one thing we’ve learned from Revenge, it’s that you can’t keep a determined bad girl down. As such, the exiled Ashley is back at it in the Jan. 20 episode (ABC, 9/8c), but it’s the company she’s keeping in the following sneak peek that provides the biggest surprise.

RELATED | Winter TV Preview: Scoop on Revenge and 38 Other Returning Favorites!

Despite having gotten the boot because of her Grayson-related misdoings, the former assistant-turned-PR-gal-turned-Daniel’s-rebound is back in the same room as Victoria. She’s also by Conrad’s side as Jack and Amanda learn that their future rests in the unlikely hands of the rich patriarch.

Meanwhile, Emily supports Daniel as he takes on business rival Jason Prosser (guest star Dylan Walsh). And Aiden’s got a mighty big gun trained on somebody. No worries.

PHOTOS | Revenge Hot Shots: Emily Cozies Up to Aiden and Daniel – and What’s Going On at The Stowaway?

Check out the gallery below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. I really wish they would just get back to focusing on Amanda’s revenge for her dad’s death. This is very Prison Break/Heroes season 2, going all over the place with boardroom dealings. Granted, it’s still enjoyable, but Revenge is best when you feel that Emily is in control and planned a situation all along. I want that red marker back. It wasn’t used nearly enough. Now, Arrow is using that plot device and doing it better.

• Anon says:

People don’t seem to realize that Emily is still trying to get revenge for her dad. While it was the Grayson’s who put the blame on her father, it was ultimately AmeriCon Initiative who set the whole thing up. If she wants to clear her father’s name and take down the people who wronged him, the Initiative is going to be apart of that plan. I’m still loving the show and based on what Mike Kelley says is coming up, I can’t wait to see the second half of the season.

• Mary says:

If from the beginning Emily had been battling AmeriCon it would have been a more interesting story than what we have now. The series started off with Emily taking revenge on the Hamptonites one by one and putting red exes on their photos. If Emily had run out of people to destroy then taking on AmeriCon would have been an ok plot. People complaining how Season 2 isn’t good are complaining because this is not the same show as Season 1.

• This is exactly my point. I completely understand that, in some way, she is still trying to get revenge for her father. And AmeriCon or the Initiative (total allusion to Buffy the Vampire Slayer I hope) is the one behind it. But it’s the little things that matter: that picture of that corporate getaway was such a big deal back in the first half of the first half of season 1. There were still a lot of people without X’s on their faces. Emily’s mother showing up didn’t help, either. No added pathos or insight there.

I’ll still watch the show and it is still appointment television. I especially enjoyed the flashback episode. I know that the chess pieces are being laid out on the board. It just feels less visceral than it did last year. I guess it’s also the fact that we know diddly about the floating person and the boat blowing up in the premiere.

• aciel says:

ya i understand since the show has taken a completely different direction people started wondering what happend to all of the things that they loved about the show. its like when you change something that you love completely people would start to have mixed feelings about it and thats whats going on with this show. which isn’t a good sign the writers need to do something immedietly the second half of the season. i hope they read all of the complaints made about this season.

• Whatevah says:

I’m complaining because the show has become Alias part 2

• ZmaX says:

Definitely agree! Exactly what I always say. She needs to take down Americon Initiative but the Graysons are still important pieces of her plan, so she’ll save them for last :D

The great news is that from one of the newest promos for the next new episode, they showed Emily crossing out a man’s face with her Red Sharpie! (it only happened about 5/6 times in Season 1 but it’s still such an icon part of the show)

I feel like this first half has all been just groundwork for the real development of the story in the 2nd half. I’m also sure Emily’s Mom will resurface again and play a pivotal role of Emily’s revengenda, whether it be helping or screwing everything up (I’d bet on the latter)

• Sheryl says:

The Initiative is too reminiscent of Lost, get rid of it with Helens death.
        GO back to EMily, he dad, her friend and Jack and baby , hope they survive the
        boat blowing up.THe guy on the boat needs to go too. Go back to a real plot,
        the added stuff takes away from the original intent.

• Rachel says:

I agree!! I still like the show, but I don’t LOVE it. It’s on the DVR and I watch when I can as opposed to watching live.

• aciel says:

i agree i still love the show but i think that emily needs to focus on her fathers revenge she could take down the intiative for pitsake, we just the show to live up to its title again. so far this season has been about the stoweway and all of the characters that we could care less about. i think if this show would just go back to its main focus then it should go up to season 1 standards.

• Erin says:

I can see what people are saying about Season 2, but the thing to remember is that in order for a show like this to keep going, the scope is going to have to grow. Emily’s goal hasn’t changed, she’s still trying to avenge her father, but now she’s got the bigger picture and she realizes there were more people involved than just the Graysons and the people in her father’s photo. If some larger plan wasn’t introduced, eventually she would have just run out of people to cross off and the show would be over.

2. Alicia says:

Love this show watch it every week without fail

3. nick1372 says:

Looks great! Season 2 has been better than ever.

4. Keenan says:

No Nolan? No thank you.

5. Val says:

This show is such a mess. I want to love it again, but I just don’t care at all for the direction the show has taken, or the new characters that have taken such prominence.

6. kavyn says:

Glad Ashley isn’t gone for long (if at all!) I’m excited to see her back story and hear more about her, and hopefully she has a scheme of her own going on. It’s obvious from season one that she wants to make it big so I’d love to see her turn on Conrad and Victoria somehow :)

I guess I just tend to cheer for the underdog in this case. I love both Fauxmanda and Ashley right now.

7. Lizabeth J. says:

I am shocked at all the whiners on here complaining about the show. What are they watching? Because season 2 of Reven8e is even better than the 1st! The new characters have added much depth and intensity to the storyline. I especially LOVE Aiden! Barry Sloane is a super talented actor and has made the Aiden and Emily pairing a “can’t wait to see more” each week event! The flashback episodes have been especially good at filling in the gaps and motivations of the characters. I hope there will be more flashbacks I want to see what happened when Aiden went to try to save his sister and what is the real deal with Takeda?

8. greysfan says:

Are you whiners watching the same show i am because if anything Season 2 has upped its game compared to season 1. Yes there was one boring flashback episode that was filler if you ask me but all in all Season 2 has been awesome. Sucks Emily is moving back with Daniel though it seems as i liked her with Aiden but it seems that it is all for her plan to work. Bring on the second half of season 2 because it just seems to keep getting better this show.

9. ChrisGa says:

While I think it still lacks the singular vision brought to season 1, this season picked up serious momentum in the 3 or 4 episodes leading into the break(esp once they dispensed with JJL’s Kara). Looking forward to the second half of the season.

10. Leondre says:

Season 2 is just as good as season 1. I just really don’t want anymore flashback episodes.

11. Scott says:

I think Aiden is a highlight of each show and Barry Sloane really shines in the role! Emiden!!

12. Angel says:

I wish Emily and adien can stay togahter. Forever

13. Elle says:

Not that it was really a big spoiler, but what’s the point of putting “[Spoiler]” in the article title if the picture right next to it on the homepage shows her standing next to Conrad?

14. Tyluv3 says:

Ashley is back to raise hell and the Grayson’s better get ready, because s**t is gonna hit the fan.

15. nick says:

Is there anyone here who doesn’t think Aiden is going to shoot Jason Proffer instead?

16. shelley says:

i wish they will show how Emily can now get a chance to save the reputation of his father.. seems the story havent given a clear name to David Clark.. hope the people will know that he is innocent in the story.. please dont make it long hahaha!

17. Kayla says:

Will there b a season 3?

• nick1372 says:

It’s a little too early in the season for anything official from ABC. But, looking at the ratings, I can assure you that Revenge will be back next year.