Ratings: Repeat of Betty White's Rockers Tops Quiet New Year's Day, Parenthood Dips

Get More: News, Ratings

Parenthood - Season 4Betty White pulled a fast one on Tuesday night, as a repeat of her Off Their Rockers NBC prank show bested all comers with a 1.8 demo rating.

In fact, that 9:30 rerun delivered Off Their Rockers‘ best rating since the series’ April 4, 2012 debut, and its largest audience (5.7 million viewers) since April 25.

RELATED | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoopy Guide to 39 Returning Favorites

An 8 o’clock NCIS repeat meanwhile led Tuesday in total viewers, with 10.6 mil.

VIDEO | Parenthood‘s Kristina Debuts a ‘Moving’ New Look

Among New Year’s Day’s precious fresh fare, The CW’s Emily Owens (1.3 mil/0.4) was steady in the demo but shed some eyeballs, while the first of Parenthood‘s final four Season 4 episodes (5.3 mil/1.7) was the night’s No. 2 show in the demo, albeit down 8 and 15 percent from its last outing.

Want scoop on Parenthood or NCIS, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (13)

• Parenthood was really good, as usual — I think the lower ratings were because many potential viewers assumed it was a repeat.

Comment by Trent – January 2, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True. I posted on my Facebook page that it was a new one, and some very hardcore fans wrote in response that they were surprised it was a new one.

Comment by TV Gord – January 2, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood was good but I found myself ff through some parts. That Sydney is something else. I feel so bad for Julia and Joel. That whole situation is really hard to be in.

Comment by tp – January 2, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In their situation I am shocked they don’t all see some family counselor during this period of transition. Sydney was beyond cruel and I cannot WAIT for that to come out in the wash. J&J need to step it up a bit in the explanation dept. they might have avoided this whole situation had they talked it out instead of walking on eggshells constantly around Victor.

Comment by kees – January 2, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have been a fan of this show since it started, but really don’t like the implications of J&J’s scene that made it seem as though they can return Victor like a broken toy. It amazes me how often Hollywood has the adopted child be the “bad seed”. Can’t wait until Victor get an opportunity to say what set him off!

Comment by Brigitte – January 2, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I recorded Parenthood, but haven’t watched it yet. I had a Redbox movie that was already overdue by two days, so I really needed to watch that. Plus after that, I got kind of involved in my Justified season 3 DVDs. It was just barely released on New Year’s Eve!

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 2, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Next week’s Parenthood episode, judging by the preview, might be when the show jumps the shark for real. They are going to milk this pregnancy scare with Drew and his girlfriend and then in the end it’ll turn out it’s not his baby.

I would like to see one episode of this show where it’s just a normal day, and nothing happens. Just a daily routine. It can’t be just heartache after heartache.

Comment by luke – January 2, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What makes you so sure of that? I think it is Drew’s and the big to do will be he wants her to have it and she doesn’t and all that goes with it. I don’t understand the ‘jumping the shark’ thought process. To me that would be Sarah marrying Hank or Christina suddenly being just fine.

Comment by kees – January 2, 2013 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When the subject of (another) pregnancy was announced by the showrunners earlier, I thought that it just might concern Drew.
        I predicted that the producers would want to run a story line about an unplanned (and unwanted) pregnancy from the point of view of the unwed teen father.

Comment by J. Norman – January 2, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why would you want a show where nothing happens. You can just turn off your TV and live your life, if that’s what you want.

Comment by TV Gord – January 2, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood was so good! The ratings were down because people were not expecting a new epiosde on New Years Day! But typical NBC they want to air all the episodes ASAP so they can put on Smash….

Comment by sarah – January 2, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood is one of the few if not the only drama on TV that is just about that, family. No one is solving a murder or a serial killer or an alien. :) Just the drama that comes with family life. It is one of my favorite shows.

Comment by Kim R – January 2, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood was great last night. some great stories are just beginning! I really love this show and hope out gets renewed and for more episodes too! I am not going to watch any of the new NBC dramas starting mid season…but I probably will watch smash..

Comment by Robin – January 2, 2013 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post