Once Upon a Time Sneak Peeks: Regina Gets the Big Chill... and Demands [Spoiler]'s Death!

There’s a party going on at Granny’s as Once Upon a Time resumes Season 2 this Sunday — and you can all but hear the needle on an old-timey record player do an ugly scratch when “evil” Regina walks in the door.

RELATED | Downton Abbey Dame Cast on Once Upon a Time

“What’s she doing here?” one of the seven dwarves (I’ll let you guess which!) growls at the once-malevolent mayor. Press PLAY on the first clip below to find out who extended the unexpected invitation.

Loading video...

RELATED | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza: Your Guide to Once Upon a Time, Revenge and 37 More Shows

Meanwhile, in the much-missed fairytale land that was, the Evil Queen — looking as fierce as ever — hunts down Snow White, only to be warned that her dark army is destined for defeat. Playing along, Regina dictates “the terms of her surrender” aka someone’s head on the proverbial platter!

Loading video...

Want more scoop on Once Upon a Time, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Ella B. says:

Ah yes — the moment the SwanQueen fandom exploded.

2. Melissa says:

I am so glad we do not have to wait much longer!! Love this show!

3. Templar says:

I didn’t see Gepetto or August there. I want to see that reunion.

4. Josh says:

Go Emma for inviting Regina. I like the new Regina a lot…so I hope we see this explored(while still seeing plenty of her badass side)

• Kristina says:

Me too!

• Nat says:

Yes, I like the development of Regina too. It’s a great story! I like the contrast too that she’s trying to change and be better in Storybrooke, and in the enchanted lands the Evil Queen is rising to power and doing all sorts of crazy things.

5. xav says:

Where the heck did Snow and Charming get an army that didn’t allow Snow to change her outfit? Did the army they were killing just decide to follow them?

6. Leslie says:

Can’t wait!

7. Frivolouswhim says:

The diner scene: I understand Snow’s shock – makes perfect sense. But Charming looks like he’s seeing Regina for the first time and not like someone who, just a few episodes ago, actually slept in the same room with her by Henry’s bedside. Out of all the people in that room, he should be the most used to her……. Oh well.

8. SAM says:

Enjoyed Emma’s comment about the tacos, particularly since I say that, with the exception of beets, I will eat anything that I don’t have personally hunt and kill. :-)

9. Lindsey says:

I love emma inviting Regina. she realizes they will be in each others lives for awhile and they need to get along…finally charcters that make smart decisions.

10. dma says:

Good or Bad — she’s sure beautiful!

11. Kavyn says:

I don’t mind that they’re turning Regina into a good person, but I really hope they don’t do the same with Rumple. The appeal to cheering for both Regina and Rumple are that they’re evil people. Regina did something horrible but considering they seem to have accepted their new lives (and even prefer it to having to kill for food, etc) it’s acceptable to see her transform into something better, even though she will always be viewed as evil.

I also hope they get rid of Hook by the end of the season, I don’t want him to be the reason Rumple becomes “good” because Hook is not a very convincing villain (especially in comparison to Robert Carlyle). I don’t care for his character much either but I rather Hook be good than bad.

12. Mike says:

First of all, can the writers please drop the I’ll always find you shtick, it was cute at first, but now every time I here it I want to physically hurt myself. On another note, I’m still not on board with regina being completely good, but they won me over a bit here because I’m all for a Emma-Regina friendship.

• ej says:

I totally agree with the “I’ll always find you” line. That has to be two shots in a drinking game by now, right? I like that Emma included Regina.The SwanQueen shippers are just dreaming, of course; Henry’s never gonna have two mommies like that, but at least maybe kids will stop running away screaming from poor Lana if Emma and Regina become friends. I still hope they don’t just make Regina good and accepted without addressing all of the evil she’s done along the way; she wasn’t possessed like Gold, and even with him I don’t buy the “magic made me do it” line since he willingly killed The Dark One for power. I hate when characters who’ve killed lots of people for selfish reasons can just redeem themselves with one great sacrifice.

• Mike says:

I agree completely, while I like an Emma-Regina friendship, her and Gold for that matter should not all of a sudden decide to be good, at least not in season 2, not only do them being evil provide great TV, but it would be unnatural for regina to just all of a sudden decide to be good, even if it is to have a relationship with Henry, she needs to decide to do it for herself, to really redeem herself, and I don’t see that happening anytime soon. On another note, I don’t feel like Rumple can put the blame on magic power, he killed those people, and hopefully if they do ever turn “good” Regina and Gold both address their mistakes.

• Cloudy says:

I’m really disliking the I will always find you line now. It’s sooo overused and half of the time it’s forced now.
      I agree about the Emma-Regina friendship. I hope we see more of them working together this season! It was great in the finale last season and they have good chemistry.

13. J. Norman says:

But, by and large, they are evil characters and will (should?) continue to be so.
    They really are the 2 best characters on the show.

For the short term, they will have to ‘turn good’ for the sake of Storybrook and all the other characters.
    Let’s be truthful, what defense would any of them have against Cora without Rumple and Regina?

• Cloudy says:

They are gray characters to me. Humans are grey and rarely ever only white/good or black/bad.

• army swagger says:

veeeerrrrrrrry true

• ["I doubt that they will make Regina and Gold ‘good characters. They have had their ‘good moments’ in the past and will probably sporadically have them in the future."]

If I didn’t know any better, I would swear that certain fans are threatened by the idea of Regina or Gold achieving redemption. Why is that? Is the idea of one-dimensional evil more appealing, because it feeds the illusion that most humans are basically “good”?

14. onlyakb says:

as much as I love to see Lana Parilla as the Evil Queen ,I’m feeling sorry for her Mayor self in Storybrooke and quite liked that Emma invited her, cut the woman some slack, she is trying, ok she has some sort of agenda but she is trying!! can’t wait for Sunday!!

15. ian says:

can someone tell me when season 2 starts? i just looked in the local tv times and sundays show is called “what happened to fredrick?” that story is in season 1 story 13?

16. Craig J says:

Regina is a tragic villain she will never be good. Gold is grey character in Storybrook but a flat out bad guy in fairytale land. Cora is the real bad guy of the show with no redeeming characteristics at all.

• Mari says:

I don’t think there is a bad guy with no redeeming qualities on this show. The writers always say evil for evil’s sake bores them and evil is born and not made. So I think we have to wait for Cora’s backstory.
      And for Regina I think being good means she must get in touch with the person she was at heart again. The kind, loving person she was before Cora killed Daniel. I think it can happen. She has to work for it, but I disagree that she can never be good again.

• Mike says:

I disagree, I don’t see how Rumple is any different than Regina if not worse, he is the one who brought magic back to storybrooke just so he could have power, he has never been a good guy either, he only does things if it helps him in some way, like how the curse helped him get to the world where Bae is.

17. Nat says:

I don’t care whether she’s good or bad – she’s awesome either way