Castle Sneak Peeks: Meredith Cheers 'Caskett' While Rick's Pals Jeer His Juggling Act

NATHAN FILLION (OBSCURED), STANA KATIC, MOLLY QUINN, DARBY STANCHFIELDIt’s not easy being Richard Castle, as this pair of video sneak peeks from the next new episode of ABC’s Castle (airing Jan. 7) makes quite clear.

RELATED | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza: Scoop on Castle, Bones, Scandal and 36 Other Shows

On the one hand, you’ve got ex-wife Meredith (played by Scandal‘s Darby Stanchfield) seemingly championing your new relationship — or at least the way Beckett “gets it” and is OK with Alexis’ mother staying at your place.

Loading video...

Meanwhile at the workplace, you have Ryan and Esposito seriously, seriously (yet very amusingly) questioning your decision to throw “gasoline on fireworks” by letting Meredith sleep over at the same time Kate’s crashing with you.

Loading video...

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line Has Scoop on Castle‘s Father and More

Do RySposito have a point? Should Rick have sent the Deep-Fried Twinkie to a hotel? And do you get the sense from the first clip that Rick hadn’t yet broached the delicate subject with Kate?

Want more scoop on Castle, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Suzie says:

Kate has nothing to worry about. When it’s over, it’s over. And if it isn’t over, now is a good time to find that out.

• VGuidry says:

UHHHH, now’s a good time to find out if her gun works!!!!!

• VGuidry says:

Oh and another thing Meredith is there to talk care of Alexis while she is sick but she couldn’t come to her graduation…….just sayin

• Ali, Sr. says:

Insightful VGuidry ;) & Suzie, as long as our ruggedly handsome writer has a pulse…there is the “deep fried twinkie”…LOL I predict “cloudy with a chance of murder…” MAYHEM ;) & Becket’s gun without the ‘safety catch’ on…just in case. Our young composer from the center of the universe (Mr. Duncan) should have a blast with the soundtrack for this episode…OMG…we will definitely hear a full array of objects in his arsenal of “organic instruments” for this episode. A very warm welcome to the wonderful cast & crew after a well deserved rest. Eagerly waiting for my MAGICAL CASTLE MONDAYS…ALWAYS… ;)

2. I cant get enough of this showww looooove it xo

3. martina says:

Darby Stanchfield is an amazing actress and plays Meredith to perfection! I’m glad she back, the dynamics between her and Nathan Fillion were incredible back in 2009 so I’m sure this episode will be great to watch as well!

4. Jose says:

I bet they are going to make Beckett accept Meredith at the end!

5. Ralphy says:

well… all I know is that Beckett has nothing to worry about it!! Castle in trouble in paradise?? lol.. don’t think so… let’s check that episode @ see what happens next!!

6. Lilu says:

second one, H I L A R I O U S !!!!

7. Michelle says:

Yes, Beckett has nothing to worry about. We all know Castle loves her. But this episodes is going to be so funny! I love when Ryan & Esposito give relationship advice!!

8. Dreamrose says:

One of the reasons I keep coming back to “Castle” is the Ryan-Espo duo. They are such incredible fun to watch!

9. Kath says:

Kate better have nothing to worry about ….. or Andrew Marlowe will. We didn’t hang in for 4 seasons just to have them split up again so soon.

10. Danielle H says:

I used to really love this show, but now I find it just sits on my dvr for almost a month at a time before I catch up. It just does not have the same pizazz it used to and hasn’t for almost a season and a half now.
    And it has nothing to do w/ Castle and Beckett being together. That is cute.. it is just where it has become so convoluted that the fun is gone.
    Just one person’s opinion, no need for flames.

11. Mari says:

HAHA I love Ryan and Esposito!

12. Shannon says:

Hate to break it to you Meredith but just like Hostess The Deep Fried Twinkie is going out of business!!

13. c-mo says:

I LOVE this show!!!

14. mary says:

I love this sneak peak…Beckett and castle better not split I(we) did not waited 4 season for a quick together and split up. Come on Marlowe we need to see more Beckett and castle kissing more bedroom scenes like couple do.i can watch them as a hot couple for a long time becuse its the chemistry they have leave them together the show rating will make it..thanks casketts!!!

15. aleksa says:

I believe she also played his wife in “Waitress”. Fillion must be fun to work with, so many actors seem to work with him over and over again.

16. arial2 says:

What I don’t get about this episode’s apparent premise: why would Alexis’ absentee mother suddenly show up exhibiting motherly instincts when Alexis is ill? She’s never bothered before, as far as we’ve been led to believe. Alexis has always had her father and grandmother to fill those roles. Is “Mom” really there just to break up Castle and Beckett? The whole Nikki Heat character must make her realize Castle is more serious about Beckett than any of his past girlfriends.

• TM says:

Well, if you don’t pay attention to the synopsis you can’t expect the premise to make sense. Meredith was going to take Alexis to Europe (probably to make up for missing her graduation) during her winter holiday, but Alexis got mono, so Meredith was already in NY, it’s not like she traveled all the way from LA, just cause Alexis was sick.

17. lame says:

If you see Darby Stanchfield on NCIS, she is the great love of Mark Harmond’s character’s life. And she does so believably. To be able to play two characters so diametrically opposed is awesome. What an actress!