Golden Globes First Look: Hosts Amy Poehler and Tina Fey Get Sneaky

NBC has released its first (mostly) formal portrait of Golden Globe Awards hosts Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) and Tina Fey (30 Rock), and you’re going to want to Chuck it out.

RELATED | Check Out This Year’s Golden Globe Nominations, Weigh In on Our List of Snubs and Read the Nominees’ Reactions

The comediennes and real-life BFFs seem poised to glam it up for the awards gala as much as expected, but if this photo is any indication, don’t be surprised if they get sneaky with their hosting attire. (That wordplay was lost on anyone out there who refers to such footwear as “tennis shoes,” I realize.)

This of course allows me to stick with my traditional “dress Chuck Taylors” — aka the patent leather ones I “stole” from Zachary Levi — if I work the red carpet on Jan. 13, when NBC broadcasts the Globes.

The Golden Globe Awards - Season 2013

Comments (19)

• I got your golden globes…right here!

Comment by Bob – December 31, 2012 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care for either of these ladies, so, will skip the show. I’m only interested in whether Jon Bon Jovi wins for Not Running Anymore, but Adele is sure to win. So, machts nichts.

Comment by Templar – December 31, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wrong awards show…

Comment by zach – December 31, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, right awards show. It’s for Best Original Song for a Motion Picture.

Comment by HT – December 31, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Still. I gotta think Fey & Poehler are devastated that they’ve lost the BonJovi award tracking demo. Look for the ratings to take a major hit.

Comment by jack d – January 1, 2013 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • LOL

Comment by Isak – January 1, 2013 08:51 AM PDT
  • Hahahahahahahaha!

Comment by AB – December 31, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL! :D

Comment by tahina – December 31, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two of my favorite comedians – can’t wait to see what they do with hosting. Golden Globes are by far my favorite awards show of the year – at least they occasionally veer into nominating people that don’t get nominated for the out-of-my-mind-BORING Oscars or the SAGs etc. It certainly isn’t totally unpredictable, but it is by far less predictable than the rest that are televised. Also very much enjoy seeing television and movies represented and a much more relaxed atmosphere (ahhh Ricky, we knew you well).

Comment by Diana – December 31, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy cleavage, Tina!

Comment by Ben – December 31, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve been enjoying all the commercials leading up to this show for that exact reason. Tina is making HDTV proud by letting them thangs work.

Comment by Zoou – January 1, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love them <3 Two very smart and funny women. Hope all goes well!

Comment by Eliza – December 31, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amy better win this year. If not she should just light the stage on fire. What more does she need to do to prove award worthy?

Comment by Ari – December 31, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tina & Amy should be a riot. So much better than that idiot from across the pond. This is always my fave awards show.

Comment by Amy – January 1, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is gonna be srsly awesome :D

Comment by Anna – January 1, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone else notice that Amy’s shoes are not a pair? They are 2 different colors…the shadow doesn’t explain it.

Comment by David – January 1, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • loved the converses, really looking forward to it!!

Comment by onlyakb – January 1, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it me or has Amy Poehler been looking much more attractive since her split with Will????? Different makeup, or more of it, or a new stylist perhaps? And, to me Will looks gaunt, almost sickly…….just sayin.

Comment by jackie2830 – January 2, 2013 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post