TVLine Items: Vincent Irizarry Joins All My Children Revival, Once Scoop and More!

LINDSAY HARTLEY, VINCENT IRIZARRYDr. David Hayward is checking back into Pine Valley.

Daytime Emmy-winner Vincent Irizarry took to Facebook Friday to announce that he had “just signed on with Prospect Park for the All My Children [web-based] reboot” — and he’s not alone!

RELATED | Prospect Park Taps New One Life to Live EP

The Daytime TV vet’s former on-screen flame Lindsay Hartley has also inked a deal to reprise her role as AMC‘s lovelorn doc Cara Castillo, Soap Opera Digest reports.

“Excited to bring dastardly Dr. David back to life, as he did for so many others, and to see my dear friends in Pine Valley once again,” Irizarry said in his enthusiastic statement. “A great, big thank you to all the fans for your tenacity in keeping the hope alive. You’re awesome!!! Let’s all keep our fingers crossed together that it becomes a reality.”

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Once Upon a Time co-creator Adam Horowitz has been in a giving mood over the holiday hiatus, sharing via Twitter these teasers: Julian Morris will return as Prince Phillip “soonish” (aka Jan.13); Smee (played by Eureka‘s Christopher Gautheir) is also coming back (which we first told you last month); and two more episode titles have been revealed — “Manhattan” (Episode 14) and “The Queen Is Dead” (15).

RELATED | Once Upon a Time: Josh Dallas on the Charmings’ Future, Regina’s Regret and Hook’s Welcome

Oprah Winfrey is sitting down with David Letterman in the Jan. 6 installment of Oprah’s Next Chapter — and he’s dishing all about his long-publicized feud with fellow late-night host Jay Leno. “Jay and I were… always friends before all of this happened,” he notes in a clip posted by OWN, dispelling rumors that their relationship took a dive when he was denied Johnny Carson’s coveted seat. “He’s an unusual fellow. I’ve never met anyone quite like Jay. I’m happy to say I think he’s the funniest guy I’ve ever known… Therefore, the fact that he is maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that”.

Modern Family‘s brand-new baby is due this January, and the TelevisionPromos YouTube channel has your first look at a trio of teasers touting the big event.

Fox’s year-ending event, New Year’s Eve Live!, will be hosted by Scary Movie funnyman Marlon Wayans. The special will feature guests Lifehouse, Carmen Electra and The X Factor winner Tate Stevens. (Previously announced participant Phillip Phillips, of American Idol fame, had to cancel for scheduling reasons.)

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (43)

• I really hope the OUAT Manhattan episode has sooomething to do with Neal Cassidy. That’s where he was in the season premiere, right?

Comment by Grace – December 28, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I saw some pictures of the episode and emma is chasing neal in an alley, so hopefully the episode will be about him! :)

Comment by luli – December 28, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • where did you see those pictures?

Comment by aciel – December 29, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited about OUAT scoop. Glad to see that if AMC is revived, Vincent Irazarry will be back. He plays an excellent evil Dr David.

Comment by Ella – December 28, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The more evil he plays, the better actor he becomes.

Comment by sjc of cny – December 30, 2012 03:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope the soaps are really returning

Comment by Sarah – December 28, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope this means we’ll see some more of Princess Aurora. I’ll take anything I can get but I’d prefer some #sleepinghook

Comment by simplyredthreads – December 28, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO EXCITED about David Hayward and All My Children!!!!!

Comment by Christy – December 28, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vincent Iz is a very talented actor and thrilled he’s returning for AMC reboot. Love Lindsey too!

Comment by Scott – December 28, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it weren’t for The X Factor winner I’d have thought you accidentally posted the lineup for the 2001 NYE special.

Comment by Emteem – December 28, 2012 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I love Vincent Irazarry, unless Susan Lucci and Michael E. Knight return to All My Children, I have no interest in watching.

Comment by AMCfan – December 28, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see Prince Phillip back on OUAT. It was great seeing him in the premiere bringing Aurora back with True Love’s kiss. This time around it’s time for Aurora to save him.

Comment by Aims – December 28, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy New Year to us! Dr. David Hayward, Cara Castillo! Can we have Tad too? I always LOVED Tad and Cara together, hope it happens. Couldn’t care less about Erica.

Comment by april-ann – December 28, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, there goes my dream of David Hayward being Sam’s father on GH. :(

Comment by Amanda – December 28, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, it could still happen! He’s still the same character. But I find myself wanting that just a little less and less the more and more KM injects gunk into her lips – she was so pretty before she did all that. But Leora – let’s talk about Leora. Next to Laura Cudahy, that was one of the saddest soap deaths ever, right up there with “never should have happened”. But what did they give him instead? Babe. And Marissa. Blech. Well, no soap death is forever, and I bet Leora is beautiful right about now…

Comment by april-ann – December 28, 2012 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does this AMC reboot have a prayer of happening? I am still thinking not. I do love Vincent Irizarry. But, I won’t watch unless the reboot includes Michael E. Knight and Cady McClain. Tad and Dixie are my favorite AMC characters. Knight is an absolute deal breaker. It isn’t Pine Valley without Tad Martin.

Comment by Mindy – December 28, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree about Tad being important in PV. But Dixie? Not so much. She kept leaving, and leaving Tad in limbo until whenever she decided she’d return from the dead. Well as far as I’m concerned she was a zombie when she returned the last time. That was just plain awkward, what with the turn-off chicken suit to Tad’s uncomfortable laughter about it, trying so hard to make it look like he was still attracted to her and all. That was sad, especially since he had finally found his true love. Tad and Cara all the way!

Comment by april-ann – December 28, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I know my mom will feel the exact same way about this. Tad and Dixie are just classic.
      Good to know the evil David will be back. Can’t imagine Pine Valley without him.

Comment by Angela – December 29, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We need to support AMC cast even if our favorites don’t originally signup. It can lead the way for other out-of-work actors and actresses to join in. My fingers are crossed but I will support the reboot regardless. Come-on Zach and Greenlee, sign on.

Comment by sjc of cny – December 30, 2012 03:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot believe that Letterman is still on this Leno jag. Dude, let it go. It makes Dave look insecure IMO.

Comment by Still? – December 28, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You really have no clue…

Comment by TV Gord – December 28, 2012 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know – makes me laugh to hear Letterman calling Leno insecure, when he can’t stop talking about him (same with Kimmel and Stern). Just let it go.

Comment by Cathy – December 29, 2012 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I say hooray to amc, no matter who they bring back, I;m more than happy to give it a chance to entertain me again. This is the best news ever.

Comment by Gingi Ludwick – December 28, 2012 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All readers need to spread the word about the possibility of rebooting AMC. We need to help get the word out.

Comment by Sandra Cordell – December 30, 2012 03:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does no one notice that Vincent’s post says to keep fingers crossed that it becomes a reality? He’s no more certain of anything than anyone else? PP hasn’t even started negotiations with the unions yet, and they only have to the end of February to work something out. And after all this time, only the hardcore fans are still on board. I can’t see there ever being enough viewers to make this project viable.

Fool you once, shame on them. Fool you twice…well, you figure it out.

Comment by TV Gord – December 28, 2012 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think readers noticed that, and know that this is most likely not going to happen. But does that mean we can’t have some fun over the mere possibility? We’re talking soaps here, not rocket science.

Comment by april-ann – December 29, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But haven’t you noticed how seriously some readers take even the hint of a possibility that something could actually come of this? People have been waging irrational write-in campaigns and harping on this for a couple of years now. You and I may not take this as seriously, but some people are letting themselves lose sleep over it. It’s cruel to lead them on.

Comment by TV Gord – December 29, 2012 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, I have noticed that and yes, I agree. Are are you suggesting it may be cruel for the rest of us to still have some fun discussing it and posting possibilities? Because if so, then I will rethink my own fun and posts in all of this. Or are your referring to the entertainment venues doing the reporting?

Comment by april-ann – December 29, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i felt bad for jay after the whole conan thing cuz i watched some tonight show episodes after conan had left and he looked very insecure. i felt genuinely bad for him.

Comment by mario – December 28, 2012 11:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m actually not looking forward to Gloria giving birth on Modern Family. For whatever reason, birthing scenes on TV annoy me.

Comment by Kimberly – December 29, 2012 03:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AMC needs Tad and Dixie, or I won’t even bother watching again!!!

Comment by Eric7740 – December 29, 2012 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am keeping my fingers crossed that the All My Children revival will finally happen. I agree I hope they sign both Michael E. Knight and Cady McClain,. Tad needs to be on the show. I would be ok if Susan Lucci was reoccurring on the show. I just do not want to see Ryan or Greenlee back.

Comment by Scottyb – December 29, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Susan’s been recurring for the past few decades now, while still collecting the highest salary in daytime (lol). I think she vacationed herself right out of being relevant there. I agree Tad needs to be on the show, but not just for window dressing hanging around until the next insipid and unattractive Dixie return.

Comment by april-ann – December 29, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You make a good point there April-Ann about Susan Lucci. What I do not get is why people do not like Dixie. I can think of 20 AMC characters off the top of my head that I did not like and would not see return to the show and I watch AMC for 30 over years.

Comment by Scottyb – December 30, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thanks, Scottyb. I think most people are Dixie and or Tad and Dixie fans, I find that I am one of the rare exceptions. It’s really for the reason I mentioned above, that Tad is way underused until Dixie decides to resurrect yet again from the dead. I like Tad alot (and Michael E. Knight from what I can tell is a sweetheart) and was always sad that he was nothing more than part of the woodwork propping such lame characters like Ryan etc. whenever Dixie wasn’t there (plus I didn’t see or feel any sparks the past few Dixie’rounds). He finally got a very niiice story of his own with Cara which was about time. Then what happens? But I get the pressure to satiate Tad/Dixie fans in the end.

Comment by april-ann – December 31, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanted to point out an error in the article. You have ‘funny’ and ‘Wayans’ in the same sentence.

Comment by Jim – December 29, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like both of those actors/characters! Hope the reboot really happens for AMC!

Comment by Fabian – December 29, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please lets get AMC and OLTL back up and running. Thrilled to have David return. I would love to see Greenlee, Zach, Kendall, and Erica return. Don’t let the hope for the reboot fail.

Comment by Sandra Cordell – December 30, 2012 03:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While happy to see AMC get a possible reboot, I think it might be too little, too late. David was a great bad guy but not sure if this can survive. Not a fan of Cara or her family. If her family is front and center in the reboot, totally not invested or interested.

Modern Family is just okay this year IMO. Not deserving of any awards for writing. While the acting is still great I find myself not really into it any more. I find a lot of the episodes a little boring.

Comment by smd – December 30, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As far as the soap operas I still do not trust Prospect Park. General Hospital should stay right where it is on TV.

Comment by Anonymous – December 30, 2012 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I must say that I was a little shocked to read about this. Where did this come from. Most of the actors have relocated to the West Coast. I doubt if most of them would want to relocate to the New York area. The work is still out in Calif. and most of them have gone on with their lives.

Comment by Ruth – January 1, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see this happening. As I have posted elsewhere, however, why on earth they re-hired Jordi Vilasuso I’ll never know. I really cannot stand watching him as he mumbles through his lines and I think he was so pushy about getting rehired that it is nauseating. I turned him off the TV and may not watch if he is on this new issue. The WORST!!!

Comment by jas – January 16, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post