Ratings: Leverage Goes Out on a High Note

Get More: Finales, Ratings

Leverage Series Finale RatingsThe Leverage team stole a decent number on their way out the door.

According to TVByTheNumbers, the caper drama’s series finale on Christmas night drew 3.04 million viewers — its largest total audience, by a wide margin, since Season 5′s premiere (3.4 mil).

RELATED | Leverage Series Finale Recap: The Con Goes On

The finale’s 0.7 rating, meanwhile, matches both the TNT series’ second-best demo delivery for the season and its best tally since Aug. 26.

All told, Leverage — which only started hearing cancellation talk earlier this month — enjoyed week-to-week gains of more than 30 percent in each measure, while TVLine readers gave the series-ender an average grade of “A.”

Leading into Leverage‘s swan song, the Season 3 finale of Rizzoli & Isles — which was renewed way back in June — drew 4.42 mil and a 0.8, rising 29 percent and a tenth week-to-week.

Tags: ,

Comments (52)

• Wah. Gonna miss it.

Comment by Rachel Elisabeth Little – December 27, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Come on already TNT!

Announce the Spin-Off series featuring Elliot, Hardison, & Parker…

Age of the Geek, baby.

Comment by Rich – December 27, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The spin-off could have Elliot, Hardison and Parker working for Col. Vance (Adam Baldwin).

Comment by Balaji K – December 27, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes!!!!! If not a series, at least a 2 hour movie each year or such.

Comment by davej – December 27, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Leverage would not be the same without Nate & Sophie

Comment by Andi Lau – December 28, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree. Nate and Sophie are part of what makes Leverage special. It should be picked up by another network for season 6.

Comment by Kris – December 28, 2012 06:45 PM PDT
          • They did fine in that spanish flu episode, it was one of my favorites

Comment by L – December 28, 2012 11:24 PM PDT
      • Yup, love to see a spin-off with the trio. If only TNT promoted the show more … Can we steal a network for the spin-off please. With all these shows being cancelled, watching less and less tv these days.

Comment by Barb – December 28, 2012 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • U act like that is a problem but I agree Let’s go steal a network!

Comment by Maygen – January 3, 2014 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Watched the finale for the third time last night. The ending still made me cry. I love how you can watch episodes of Leverage multiple times and still keep catching little clues on how the con will play out. Please bring us a spin-off!!!!

Comment by Ace – December 28, 2012 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I watch the show often during the week, and ALWAY find something I missed the first three or four times around. So many layers.

Comment by Gene – December 28, 2012 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ohhhhhh… I SOOO hear you! ;-D

Comment by AlexZiel – January 1, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would be very happy to see a spin off of Leverage featuring Eliot, Hardison and Parker. I wouldn’t hate if they had Sophie and Nate on for a few guest appearances – even a wedding episode – but I feel like the series finale kind of closed the book on Nate & Sophie con-wise.
        I feel like they should, at the very least, creat a Leverage movie with this trio.
        Their episode, “The Rundown Job”, (aired 09/16/2012) was a particular highpoint for the series.
        These three actors have amazing chemistry, and it would be a shame to waste such an opportunity.
        Just from what I have been reading online, I can see that most, if not all, of the Leverage fans would tune in to watch these three battle bad guys for a few more seasons.
        I wish they had not so officially closed the book on Nate & Sophie, but if nothing else, they could work a storyline that could bring them back.
        However, I know that the actors have to be open to it.
        Hopefully, someone can get a petition started for the creators and the network to consider creating this spin off sooner rather than later.

Live on, Leverage!

Comment by Julie – January 10, 2013 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 5 seasons & a movie or…Lets go steal a network.

Comment by Mac – December 27, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! Would love a spin off or movie or anything! Let’s go steal a network, Mac or a spinoff!

Comment by Jamey – December 27, 2012 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is it when producers finally come up a quality program the networks put axe to it. Meanwhile The Simpsons continue to clog the airwaves.

Comment by J.C. Christian – December 27, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or better still, Family Guy, American Dad and the Cleveland Show.

Comment by Angry Hermit – December 28, 2012 12:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show aired for five seasons. Quit your whining!

Comment by Alex – December 28, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No…. I think we’ll exercise our right to comment about something we don’t like.

Comment by suzi – December 29, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • seriously if ur gonna hate y even bother commenting ur probably the type of person who takes pleasure in watching shows about inconceivable nonsense with absolutely no underlining plot or depth whatsoever the type that sucks out what little intelligence u have left n has no knowledge of a outstanding show even if it hit u in the face yet u have the nerve to open ur mouth to disrespect loyal fans who are just expressing their utter disbelief that a great and completely successful show would end so abruptly with so many new directions toke and so many questions left unanswered……. so i say to u GROW A BRAIN OR SHUT THE HELL UP

Comment by kyng – February 27, 2013 01:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch a few TNT shows but Leverage promos never gave me the slightest urge to tune in.
    I hope the new Doctor show “Monday Morning” will be good.

Comment by Alienate – December 27, 2012 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That just looks like a supersized version of House. I’ll pass.

Comment by Gene – December 28, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yippee!!! Yet another medical drama…done, done and DONE!! Leverage was a one of a kind show!

Comment by Michelle – January 6, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, you probably never got ’24′ either… but you’ll be happy to watch another ‘canned’ cookie-cutter medical drama like ‘Monday Morning’… just your speed

Comment by SteveC – January 6, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s because you need to buy a clue…

Comment by SteveC – January 11, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you missed out on a great show alienate

Comment by klaasdirk (@klaasdirk) – December 27, 2012 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The reason Leverage finally got numbers closer to what it used to is because of all the press its cancellation got it! If TNT would have been promoting the show as much as it promotes its other ones, this season would have seen an increase in viewers like every other one has.

Comment by Bailey – December 27, 2012 11:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Give us a Season 6.

Comment by Kidd – December 28, 2012 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on TNT give us a Leverage 2.0 with Hardison, Eliot and Parker! Age of the geek baby!!!

Comment by Christina – December 28, 2012 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would first like to say I have NEVER written a review. With that said…. I’ll never comprehend how/why TNT could cancel Leverage. This show had substance, action, suspense, humor, creative writing, an AMAZING CAST, an emphasis on teamwork yet showing off individual strengths, and I’m positive I’m missing more. This was a show for the whole family. Leverage was the primary reason I tuned into TNT. It’s evident there are many fans disappointed in the shows cancellation and are hoping another network picks up the show or a spin off comes out of it. I found it important to voice my opinion about how great Leverage was and I feel the Leverage fans voices went unheard. Really a shame.

Comment by Margie – December 28, 2012 03:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. Exactly.

Comment by a – December 28, 2012 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very well said Margie, I agree with your post!!

Comment by jbc – December 28, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen.

Comment by Caitlin – December 29, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For those who watched the finale (which I thought was GREAT!) please help me with this question/

Did that kid get his pills??

They set up this whole con to get the pills for the sick kid (which tied back to Nate’s past) but the plot then transformed into the Black Book and Interpol, and the sick kid plot vanished.

What did I miss??

Comment by Chris – December 28, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nate made up the story of the sick kid to give the Interpol lady a reason for why they were in the building. There never was a sick kid. Sterling figured out that was a lie and Nate was there for the black book, so Nate dropped the fake story.

Comment by MG – December 28, 2012 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That makes perfect sense — thank you! In a twisty plot where nothing was what it seemed, that red herring was missed by me! Thanks again!

Comment by Chris – December 28, 2012 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, it took me a while to realize the whole “doctor/child/pills” thing was part of Nate’s story. But I have to say, all the headlines about this episode were misleading, since they hinted that the finale would tie back to Nate’s son, and it really didn’t.

Comment by Gene – December 28, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will never understand how you coould let such an amazing show slip through your fingers TNT! If you had promoted it as much as you promoted your other shows it would have been one of the top ranking shows on television. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!! I hope another station picks it up so that you can be proven wrong about your taste. It was unique funny and worth watching! Age of the geek baby!

Comment by Katrina Stewart – December 28, 2012 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nothing new there. Now we get a new medical drama (like there aren’t enough of them on already). Leverage of different and that’s what kept me watching (to me is was a variation of BBC’s Hustle that was done well – a rarity).

Comment by Barb – December 28, 2012 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very good wrap up show with an ending that begs for Leverage II.

Comment by Eric – December 28, 2012 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leverage had it’s issues this season…and last season too, to an extent…it was definitely treading water, but i think it was dumped in a horrible way, the show deserved better. I doubt we see a spinoff with Adam Baldwin’s character, as i think he is starring in a TNT pilot himself…but what i would like to see, when the stories are right, the occasional TV movie. There are more stories to tell, but i think the burden of a full season is too much for the concept to handle after 5 years.

Comment by WiggedyWackYo – December 28, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wasn’t too impressed with this season, but overall, I love Leverage and will miss the characters. Parker and Hardison together were cute and I love Elliot when he protected kids and ladies. Kane was so good in that role. I think TNT must have cut its budget because this year seemed very lackluster compared to before. I hated the episode where they took down the woman opening the big box store. That was horrible and sad to me. She was only doing her job. Regardless, I hope to see those actors in other stuff pronto!

Comment by Liza!80 – December 28, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was pretty mean and nasty to everyone while she ‘doing her job’.

Comment by Carm – December 29, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One thing I don’t think was ever explained: what was the fallout with Dubenich and Latimer? Last we saw, they fell into the water, but I don’t think it was ever mentioned if either one survived, or what happened to them.

And even if there isn’t a Spencer/”Par-dison” spinoff, there should at the VERY LEAST be an occasional 2-hour movie with them. Gotta keep the Leverage business going.

Comment by Gene – December 28, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guess that they died, I mean it was Nates intention to make them pay for killing Jimmy but he wasn’t going to pull the trigger himself, So he let them do it for him…

Comment by mac – December 29, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched every episode of Leverage and it sort of ran its course; TNT has given us Dark Blue, Falling Skies and other shows – I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

AMC is the network to worry about – Mad Men [end S07], Breaking Bad [end S05 Part 02], Rubicon [Done], The Killing [never watched, no S04 after re-cancelled w/ Netflix], Hell on Wheels [I don't know what's going on], and the main event – The Walking Dead [AMC will screw it up].

If they’re not careful, they’ll become Starz [No Torchwood S06, Spartacus S04, Camelot S02, Boss S03, etc].

Comment by Bob Jones – December 29, 2012 11:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gutted that it’s over.

Comment by Ben – December 30, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Leverage. It was too good to go. I miss it already. At least I have the dvds and the new Leverage book series.

Comment by Patti – January 2, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I seriously have to question how TNT is calculating its numbers because Rizzoli & Isles doesn’t hold a candle to Leverage. It’s just another run of the mill cop show and there are a ton of those but Leverage was original, well written, great cast, etc. I recorded every episode and looked forward to each and every one.

Even though I just found the show just a few months ago, it rapidly became my favorite (and many of my friends/family was unaware of it as well). IMHO, TNT didn’t give the show the promotion and time slot that it deserved.

With all the fan support that this show has, it deserves a sixth season. I seriously doubt that anyone would care if Rizzoli & Isles got the axe.

Comment by SteveC – January 6, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post