TVLine Items: Prospect Park Taps New One Life to Live EP, X Factor-Booting-Britney Buzz and More

oltl nash jessicaWith the addition of a key behind-the-scenes player, One Life to Live is one step closer to coming back from the dead.

Former OLTL coordinating producer Jennifer Pepperman will serve as executive producer for the former ABC soap’s proposed Prospect Park-led, Web-based redux, Soap Opera Digest reports.

Pepperman also served as a director at both OLTL and CBS’ As The World Turns, where she won an Emmy.

As previously reported, former All My Children producer/writer Ginger Smith is thought to be in the lead for that sudser’s showrunner gig.

RELATED | General Hospital Vet Steve Burton Joins Young and the Restless — as [Spoiler]?

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Britney Spears may not return to the judge’s panel for The X Factor‘s third season, per US Weekly. The pop star is rumored to be exiting the Fox singing competition after offering low-energy contestant critiques that didn’t live up the $15 million she was reportedly paid.

• Recently deceased Dallas star Larry Hagman will appear on CBS’ I Get That a Lot special on Jan. 9 (8/7c). The actor, who passed away in November, shot an appearance on the celebrities-pretending-to-be-regular-folk show in September; in his bit, he hands out barbecue-sauce samples at a warehouse store.

RELATED | Exclusive: Dallas Sets Date for J.R.’s Funeral

• The new year means more Girls, so here’s a new-ish trailer (released just before Christmas) to tide you over until the HBO series’ Jan. 13 Season 2 premiere.

The Ultimate Spider-Man animated series will swing into Season 2 with a one-hour primetime premiere on Monday, Jan. 21 at 7/6c. The season-opener will introduce two of Spider-Man’s most iconic villains — the Lizard and Electro.

Which of today’s TVLine Items has you talking?

Comments (24)

• No!!!! I need Britney on X-Factor!!! She was the only reason I watched the show and her facial expressions were priceless!!! Plus she mentored one the finalist!!!

Comment by Eric – December 27, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was a waste of a $15 mill salary. All she ever said was “You’re amazing” or some other pathetically dull chant as judge. She was more boring than an ant farm! Glad she is gone!

Comment by Stephen V – December 27, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! Tessica and Nash pic! *cries* I hope the resurrected OLTL finds some way of getting Forbes and Bree back. They were magic.

Comment by I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) – December 27, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Britney was the only competent mentor on that show. Simon has done well with talent in the past, but he turned Emblem 3 into a generic boy-band act & Fifth Harmony was stale as all hell. L.A gave dreadful song choices didn’t care about his acts until he saw that they may take the prize, and Demi was out-of-touch as hell, her acts went into live shows with the best shot of winning but the direction destroyed them. Britney was nurturing, supportive, choose – for the most-part – great songs, and was the only mentor actually seen engaging with the kids.

Her critiques were short, but she stayed away from the politics that the rest of the judges engaged in, which I thought was good. She was honest and to-the-point. And if you think ratings were bad WITH Britney, wait till you see what will happen once she leaves

Comment by Mike – December 27, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thought Fifth Harmony Anything Can Happen was the best song and overall production of the season. So I don’t think Simon made 5th all that stale.

Comment by Irvin – December 27, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’d say more of Disorganized and deaf to critique.Dunno who to credit for Anything can happen.

Comment by Shaun – December 27, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Simon should just quit being a judge and go behind the scenes. I mean he’s already controlling a lot of things right? Let britney stay and get a new male judge. That’s WHAT I want to see : simon out of my tv screen.

Comment by kevin – December 28, 2012 02:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed

Comment by Rain – December 28, 2012 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Britney didn’t seem to engage with her acts at all, and I don’t think she made more than maybe, three good song choices all season. I wouldn’t describe her critiques as honest and to-the-point. Maybe prewritten and recycled? None of her critiques seemed to have any relevance to the performance, apart from maybe after Cece’s Lady Marmalade performance.

Demi was the best mentor, in my opinion. She did well to get acts in easily the weakest group quite far into the live shows. If you remember, the week Paige went home was when she stopped listening to Demi, and Jennel went home after her look and performance were changed from the previous week to mirror what Simon/LA had said she needed to do. I hope Demi comes back next season, she’d learn from her mistakes and I think she’d do really well.

Comment by Scott – December 28, 2012 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not surprise Britney is not coming back. She really did not bring anything to the table.
    Her comments were repetitious and quite simply she was overpaid. I think this will be the last year of Xfactor and why would they pay her 15 million for “Amazing”. I will say her facial expressions were probably worth 5 million, but personally I think Demi brought more to the show then Britney did. Hopefully Demi will get a big raise.

Comment by Mary – December 27, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • except she was a cruddy mentor.

Comment by Shaun – December 27, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Britney was a great mentor. She knows how to make it in the business and seems to have a good grasp on her contestants, if it wasn’t the production.

Her as a judge? Not so much.

Comment by HT – December 27, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hopeful for the revamped OLTL but skeptical right now. Not only because Prospect Parked has toyed with fans before only to pull the plug but also because it won’t be the same show without Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati running the show. They were part of the reason OLTL continued to improve and exited the airwaves as a top notch show with increased viewership. Another concern is GH. John McBain and Todd Manning have seemlessly transitioned to GH as have RC & FV. Their hybrid GH/OLTL is working and I don’t want GH to lose these charatcers. The interactions between John and Sam, Todd and Carly are fabulous. Hopefully PP doesn’t yank these actors back at the detrement of GH. Then there’s GH … is this a ploy for ABC to cancel GH with as little viewer backlash as possible? GH is at the top if its game & its ratings are going up. Sound familiar? Yep, that WAS OLTL when it was yanked off the airwaves. Will all this talk lead to nothing once GH is pulled from the daytime lineup, much like the plans were scrapped when OLTL was pulled? As a fan of all three ABC soaps, I’m concerned.

Comment by Ella – December 27, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Seemlessly”? “Detrement”? Yeah… sure.

Comment by Alex – December 27, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • GH can keep John because I love John and Sam, but OLTL needs Todd back. He’s a staple character of our show and belongs there with Blair.

Comment by I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) – December 27, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree that Todd and Blair belong together but have to admit I love him on GH. Onto another topic, it always amazes me how many haters there are, like Alex, who can’t admit that the OLTLers have brought a lot to the table. I would take John McBain and Todd Manning over Dr Maggie Wurth and Dr Ewan Keenan any day of the week. GH had gotten stale and FV & RC have transformed the show into a great soap once again. They brought back classic characters and introduced others onto the canvas that have made it a better show. Yes, Alex, the transition was seamless. Just my opinion. I’ve been watching ABC daytime since I was a kid. 30 something years and I want GH to succeed. The current formula is working and ratings have increased. I’m simply giving credit where credit is due.

Comment by Ella – December 28, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just bring Cheryl Cole back already, let’s put this train back on track.

Comment by raftrap – December 27, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll believe it when I see the first promo roll.

Comment by Mac – December 27, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t normally watch music competitions but decided to watch XFactor because of Britney. Sure she didn’t have an over the top personality but clearly she knew what she was doing with her team. I’m tired of all these shows changing up judges every single year. If the XFactor didn’t get the ratings they wanted with Britney than there’s just no saving this show.

Comment by Jared – December 28, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Britney Spears is a train wreck.

Comment by Bob – December 28, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE BRITNEY! She needs to stay!

Comment by Christa – January 1, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not upset with Britney leaving. I don’t think the X-Factor is that great of a show.
    Simon should have stayed with American Idol. However, The Voice was the best overall.

Comment by sj – January 3, 2013 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post