Exclusive Glee First Look: Happy Sue Year!

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Glee

2013 is already looking confident, powerful and self-assured — or is that just the way that Glee‘s Sue “C”s it?

We’re assuming the take-charge coach just figured she could fulfill everyone’s duties better than they could, hence her impression of Kurt, Will, Rachel, Brittany, Blaine and Artie in the exclusive art below.

RELATED | Glee Scoop: Ashley Fink Books Return

Take a peek, then hit the comments: What are you most looking forward to when the musical series returns to Fox on Thursday, Jan. 24 (9/8c)?

happy sue year

Tags: ,

Comments (213)

• I am most looking forward to having more Santana! It’s sad but true that she is one of the only characters left that the writers haven’t assassinated.

Comment by B – December 26, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Apparently the wemma wedding is going to be in February and I’m giving the show until then to get things in gear. Forward movement (and movement toward NYC) and focus for the characters of Rachel, Finn, Kurt and Santana is a requirement for me in order to keep watching. The Mckinley scene is extraordinarily stale, and the new kids are ridiculously boring and inane. But narrowing the focus is a MUST. It’s fine to have insane numbers of characters BUT STOP TRYING TO GIVE THEM ALL A STORY.

Comment by Joe – December 26, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Perfect post! Too many characters and too many recycled stories. Don ‘t care about the newbies although Ryder has promise. Don’t need to see characters like Rory and Lauren again. Please focus on your leads and your best actors…Rachel, Finn, Kurt and Santana and stop with the PSAs.

Comment by totally agree – December 26, 2012 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen! Trim the fat. Get rid of all the unnecessary character and concentrate on writing GOOD STORIES for the MAIN CHARACTERS who are played by wonderful actors. These characters are already adored by hoards of fans. Why are you wasting the talent that you already have?

Comment by kj – December 26, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get rid of Brody he SUCKS!!!
    Get Finn to NYC
    less newbies more originals
    less Sue… she is so beyond pointless
    no more Brittany singing… Heather is a great dancer but a horrible singer, Tina should be singing more
    Get Santana to NYC
    stop making life so freaking easy for Kurt
    reunite Finchel… i mean come on Lea and Cory have the best scenes and they are amazing actors
    and once again GET RID OF BRODY

Comment by Cheyenne – December 26, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to all of this!!!

Comment by mary – December 26, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, life is easy for KURT? What show are you watching? The only “easy” thing he’s EVER gotten was the job at Vogue. Stuff almost NEVER goes his way. He was perpetually bullied and harassed by various people during his time at McKinley, he didn’t win class president, he didn’t get the role of Tony, he got rejected by NYADA at first, his first prom he was publicly humiliated, he was constantly overshadowed by Rachel and Blaine in his various glee clubs, his boyfriend cheated on him a couple weeks after he left town, and his father had a severe heart attack before being diagnosed with cancer. Only two genuinely good things have happened to Kurt this season: Vogue and NYADA. And immediately after each, two very bad things happened to him – the break up and his dad’s cancer.
      “stop making life so freaking easy for Kurt” Seriously, WTF are you talking about?

Comment by RachelA – December 26, 2012 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think Kurt fans seem to realize this but imo Kurt is treated best by the writers. He has the most consistent characterization of them all, and is respected as a character. I can’t say this for any other character on this show, except for maybe Rachel.

Comment by Alby – December 26, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “the most consistent characterization of them all, and is respected as a character” is different from “life so freaking easy”
          Kurt was the character who most suffered in Glee

Comment by PP – December 26, 2012 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, being treated well in terms of characterization is totally different from a character being treated well in terms of their narrative trajectory. I agree Kurt has probably had the best/most consistent characterization on the show. But he has also been through some of the greatest amount of strife and heartache of any character on the show. And those two things are SEPARATE ISSUES.

Comment by RachelA – December 26, 2012 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • lol It means Kurt is given a lot of dramatic plotlines and screentime. He gets angst but it also means Chris gets to have a lot of acting opportunities. Some fans really don’t realize this. I wish my fave got as much as Chris gets.

Comment by john – December 26, 2012 09:34 PM PDT
        • Waht Rachel is always wrong and made to apologize or gets called out all the time. Sure she get things but not without a cost.

Comment by wtf – December 27, 2012 12:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Preach. It’s like the writers say “this show needs more angst. We haven’t had anything bad happen to Kurt in three episodes, let’s get him hit by a car or something”

Comment by MJ323 – January 5, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “stop making life so freaking easy for Kurt”:
      - Kurt was bullied for a long time
      - Kurt did not win the race for president of the class
      - Kurt was named Prom Queen
      - Kurt lost the role of Toni to Blaine
      - Kurt did not enter the 1st attempt at Nayda
      - Kurt was betrayed by his boyfriend (Blaine)
      - Burt (Kurt’s father) announced that it has cancer on Christmas

I love your concept of “life so freaking easy”.

Comment by PP – December 26, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want the second half of the season to be better than the first. They could start by getting Santana and Finn to NY. I’m extremely bored with the NY side. The Kurt/Rachel scenes are getting repetitive and the Rachel/Brody scenes are meaningless. I have never been a big supporter of Finn and Rachel, but I’m rooting for them to at least share more scenes so that Lea has someone good to be opposite.

Comment by Eileen – December 26, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But ranchel and finn scenes are the most repetitive scenes ever. Its been drama drama drama for four seasons now

Comment by Melissa – December 26, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That´s the point!!. Stop the drama and make fun scenes with the two best actors of the show. The most praise actors of the show (along with Jane and Kurt)

Comment by mary – December 26, 2012 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s only your opinion. My opinion is that Naya is the best actor and that’s why she went from backup character to front and center

Comment by Janet – December 26, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • She’s good, but I don’t think she’s the best actor. All the main characters are played by very good actors. Matt, Jane, Lea, Cory, Chris, Jayma and Naya are all consistently good.

Comment by Bee – December 26, 2012 07:24 PM PDT
          • Naya is a good actor. Naya is not the best actor. She went from background to foreground because she was better than Amber, Kevin, Dianna, Heather, etc. She definitely deserved to move forward, but she is still a tier below Lea, Cory and Chris.

Comment by Jon – December 26, 2012 07:24 PM PDT
          • Agreed. Lea and Cory are overrated as actors.

Comment by Madonna – December 26, 2012 07:51 PM PDT
          • Le and Cory are not overrated they are very consistent unlike many of the other “kids”.

Comment by please – December 27, 2012 12:59 AM PDT
          • Naya went to the front center because her stans cause Glee to have more sales and views (the same reason Darren went from a character who was supposed to be in only 3 episodes to one of the main Lima characters) Better than Amber and Kevin my ass

Comment by Amy – December 28, 2012 10:52 AM PDT
  • I am most looking forward to not watching it. I’ll only get back to this show once Brody is gone.

Comment by Regina – December 26, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • same. i cant watch Rachel’s scenes because of him. I cringe every time they are on my screen. its so sad i love watching rachel and lea portray rachel, and i mean rachel berry not the new rachel.

Comment by Lucy – December 26, 2012 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Finchel fans need to stop blaming Brody he is not the root of their problem. Even if he was gone they still wouldn’t be together. And Brody is hardly as bad as you all pretend. I bet money if Finn was the one with the LI you woulnd’t be so harsh.

Comment by please – December 27, 2012 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, please, please bring the old Sam back. He was my favorite male character and now he sucks so much. Is dimness contagious, because he was not this awful before all this Bram stuff. He and Brittany need to split. I cannot enjoy either character right now.

Comment by Melissa – December 26, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Bram. I think they’re cute together, but they’ve incredibly dummed them both down to make it happen and I hate that part. Brittany is known for not being very smartest and is quite gullable, Sam never was like that. And now Brittany is dumber than ever and Sam goes between being smart around Blaine (the advice and support he’s given him since the break-up) to being dumb around Brittany (“what’s a debate?”)

Comment by Amy – December 28, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee has lost its heart. I love this show, but its quickly becoming DVR material. More Kate Hudson. Less Brody. Real stories. Glee was great because fans could relate in some way. Not anymore. What happened to “lynch pins” Matt Morrison & Jane Lynch? RIB made a big mistake messing with the show dynamic

Comment by Dena – December 26, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Neither Will or Sue were never lynch pins. The lynch pin was Rachel. Will and Sue have been irrelevant since mid to late season 1. It is when Rachel became less driven and more Finn, Finn, Finn and they started giving storylines to everyone and their brother that things fall apart.

Comment by we – December 27, 2012 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, if Glee wanted to keep the high school setting they never should have put such a large focus on the kids. Will all but disappeared after season one, popping up occasionally to announce the theme of the episode or to take a random step forward in his relationship with Emma. Heck, they don’t even let Matt sing anymore. As for Sue, they took away any nuance she could have had by making her flip-flop between nice and mean as the plot called for it. Without the adults to hold the Lima plot together they are forced to focus on the new kids, but they are doing it at the expense of the older kids and that seems to be causing A LOT of resentment.

Comment by Kim – December 27, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heather,Vanessa & Darren need to team up and bring the comedy back to the Lima side till it is time for them to go to NYC..Blaine and Brittany could visit NY together and Blaine could help Brittany with her studies Tina,Sam and the rest need to gooo.

Comment by Sherri Samantha – December 26, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They need not to focus on Heather or Darren cause they are weak actors and are not lead material and Vanessa is great but she needs to stay back ground.

Comment by ret – December 27, 2012 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Darren isn’t lead material? He is THE lead of Lima right now, both singing and acting wise. Seriously, how can you look at all the material he’s given since Kurt departed to New York and even more since Klaine broke up, and call him a weak actor.

Comment by Leah – December 28, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Because he IS a weak actor. he is not a lead actor nor will he ever be, he’s a supporting character, and he can’t even handle that. he really is bad, but his stans just refuse to believe it. his over-emoting while singing gives me second hand embarrassment. one thing he will never win is an award for his acting.

Comment by Karen – December 30, 2012 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Umm. He’s won awards for his acting. Best Breakout Star and Best Replacement on BROADWAY. You think BROADWAY would hire someone who can’t act? Yes he over-emotes in his songs. But he’s overall a /great/ actor. He is always present in character, even when he only has one line in the episode (I.e – Yes/No), and when he has a strong leading part, he excels. I’m not a Darren Stan, but I will be the first person to admit that he’s one of the best actors on the show.

Comment by MJ323 – January 5, 2013 09:18 AM PDT
        • Personally, I think Darren is the only one in the Lima cast that has any sort of deep talent. He over-emotes in his songs – which is better then under-emoting IMO – yes, but he gives his songs depth and I like that he’s getting non-Kurt centered shorelines. Sadie Hawkins? Genius!

Comment by MJ323 – January 5, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn and Rachel are my favourite characters, performed, in my opinion by two of the show’s best actors, so I’m happy if they stay front and centre but with more scenes together and more songs. Double the pleasure. As for those wanting to deprive me and others who still enjoy the show of their pleasure by seeing it end – aren’t there babies about whose candy you can steal to get your gratification?

Comment by Inigo – December 26, 2012 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Familiar faces on the NY side, I’m tired of Lima and the newbies do absolutely nothing for me. I also want Brittany to stop regressing, it seemed like they were on the right track in the first 4 episodes but then came episode 9 and bam, total destruction. I’m looking forward Tina singing more and of course Santana coming back.

Comment by Nic – December 26, 2012 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am looking forward to Santana and Brittany getting back together and more REAL conversations between them. Also for Brittany to finally graduate high school! I really just watch Glee for Brittana so they are all I need and looking forward to.

Comment by 『Hailey』 (@kt1171) – December 26, 2012 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward for the heart and soul of Glee. What happened RIB? Do you really think this new “formula” is working?. Low ratings even the music is not selling well. That akward moment when Lea Michele´s music is not even in the top 100 JFC!! I know so many people (not harcorde Glee fans) who are not whatching anymore because the main couple (Finn and Rachel) are not sharing scenes and find NYC storylines boring and repetitive. They dont even care about the Lima part. I really watched Glee because I liked this couple and the songs. Not anymore. Call me when they will reunite, maybe the last episode or next season (if theres one)

Comment by mave – December 26, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not going to lie and list things I don’t care about, which is most of the show. I’m looking forward to Brittana interactions and a reuinion. And I’m a little excited about Santana going to NY but probably won’t end up caring if Brittany is not there. Like they said before, these girls are a two shot and that’s the way I enjoy their characters.

Comment by Janet – December 26, 2012 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • get kurt & blaine back together!!!!!!!!!!!! Have Quinn come back and slap the sh** out of kitty!

Comment by marcie – December 26, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to more Naya/Santana, more focus on NY and less of the newbies altogether. The new characters are not very interesting or dynamic and they are getting a lot more focus than they should be getting. I would also love to see other friendships besides Sam and Blaine.

I’m looking forward to Brittany being treated like an actual human character instead of Sam’s new pet girlfriend that eats off the floor. The Brittany/Sam arc needs to stop as soon as possible, as it has regressed both characters and added nothing to the show. Brittany should be focusing on graduating and preferably rekindling her friendship/relationship with Santana, not engaging in the buffoonery that she has been as a 5th year senior. Let’s see her grow up some.

I want more Sugar, Tina and Artie on the McKinley side. Kevin, the best male vocalist on the show, is being horribly under utilized. I want to see more empowering stories for female characters that don’t involve “male heroes” swooping in to save the day.

Comment by Cam – December 26, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • -Please less of the whole Finn/Rachel drama.
    -Bring Quinn, Santana, and Mike back for a couple more episodes
    -End the whole Sam/Brit relationship, it’s ultmately ruining both characters
    -Have Sugar be best friends with Brittany it would be great
    -PLEASE give Tina a storyline before she graduates
    - I’m ok with the newbies so they can stay but give more focus to the seniors that are gonna graduate( Tina, Sam, Artie, Joe, and Sugar I think)

Comment by Jon – December 26, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For FINN to finally realize what he wants from life and take steps to achieve it. No more convoluted love relationships, I want some actual development in his storylines.

Comment by Samantha – December 26, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me too. can I just have more Finn in general? no more love triangles, no more girls in general for a while would be fine with me. let him find himself, then have him find a girl. a nice girl, who doesn’t feel that loving him is a burden, or holding them back, or just using him.

Comment by Karen – December 27, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After reading through all of the comments, there is a common theme throughout…lose the newbies, get the couples to NY as couples, lose the nonstop relationship drama and let the couples actually function as couples, GET NAYA RIVERA BACK ON!!!, Let Lea Michele sing more, let Naya Rivera sing more, lose the newbies for god’s sake…that can’t be said enough, stop the split narrative…it isn’t working. Fans watch for different couples but the common denominator is that the audience enjoys watching the show for the couples, the solid musical numbers they used to feature and the familiar voices of the old cast. The audience has absolutely zero emotional investment on the new characters and that is why no one is watching. Why is this so hard for Glee writers to understand? Everybody is screaming about the exact same thing. Hopefully Glee and Fox will read some of these comments.

Comment by Lisa – December 26, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, it’s ridiculous. The showrunners can say that the show is about a Glee club all it wants, but this season has proved to me that the interesting characters (made up of amazingly talented unknown actors) that originally made up the Glee club is what made the show work. And of course the narrower focus that made up the first season. The new characters have no heart and none of the “misfit band of losers” appeal that Rachel, Finn, Kurt et al did from the start.

Comment by Jon – December 26, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to Finn finding his dream and hopefully singing a solo!

Comment by Edie – December 26, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn and Santana in NY, Brody gone and Finn and Rachel having scenes together again. And eventually Finn and Rachel reunited.

Comment by TB – December 26, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I´m most looking forward to not watching it, I don´t see the point anymore…I’ll only get back to this show once Brody is gone and Finchel gets their happy ending

Comment by Fernanda – December 26, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kurt and Blaine getting back together. That’s the only thing that keeps me warrching.

Comment by Goldie – December 26, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee needs to recapture each original character’s essence and write with heart, snark, continuity and a mixture of music. The newbies should be background characters. It seems obvious they’re being pushed to the fore for tour 2013 intentions. I’m an avid fan who is extremely disappointed in the character assassinations…especially of Rachel.

Comment by RK – December 26, 2012 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The problem with bringing Finn to NY is that, regardless of Cory and Lea’s talent and chemistry, Finchel make absolutely no sense as a couple. Never did. Never will. They only way they could work is if they met when her career was much further along and she gave him a job where he could feel useful. Him staying in Lima and becoming a teacher or running the tire shop actually makes perfect sense for him – and there’s nothing wrong with that being his career.

There’s a similar problem with Brittana – although it’s worse because Brittany is a completely unbelievable cartoon character.

Comment by Reality.Bites – December 26, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re right that there’s nothing wrong with Finn working as a teacher. There is something wrong with him working at a tire shop since he’s made it pretty clear that he doesn’t want to do that for the rest of his life. But there’s no reason for him to be stuck doing any of those things in Lima nor does he need Rachel or anyone else to “give him a job where he can feel useful.” Finn needs to find the thing that he loves and figure out a way to make it happen. And if he wants to do whatever that thing is in NYC then there’s no reason why he and Rachel can’t work out. People don’t need to be equally intelligent or equally talented or equally ambitious or even “make sense” in order to work in the long run.

Comment by Nic – December 26, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not really. Finn is the character that first voiced his desire to get out of Lima and NOT be a Lima Loser. Finn is the character that embodies the everyman of his show. And if you say Finn should stay in Lima because it’s “realistic”, you’re only saying that ordinary people cannot have big dreams. This show is about achieving your dreams against all odds. I hope Finn finds success in every part of his life.

Comment by Gabe – December 26, 2012 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This. Finn is the only character on the show right now who is embodying the original story of Glee — a person who feels like he’s a loser but wants to be more and is struggling to figure out what that is and how to achieve it. And he was the heart of this story from the very beginning in the Pilot — someone who expected more from himself but feared he couldn’t deliver; someone who wanted to make his mother proud for the sacrifices she made for him; someone who struggled to find the courage to follow his passion. From the start, he wanted more. The metaphor for this now is for him to figure out how to get to New York, which is the place where people on Glee go to achieve their dreams.

Rachel and Kurt’s stories this season have been boring because they ARE in New York, and therefore they aren’t struggling to achieve their dreams anymore — they got to the magical place where dreams come true, and now, career-wise, things are falling in their laps with Rachel just walking away from what seemed like it was supposed to be a story about struggle and growth in her dance class and being magically handed a golden ticket to fame & fortune without ever truly being challenged to win, and with Kurt magically being handed a Vogue internship and then being magically, on a whim, granted entrance to NYADA on the strength of one song when he’s done nothing to further enhance his performing arts resume since graduating from high school. Rachel’s got a new, totally bland, boyfriend whose interactions provide no compelling story for her; what little compelling story she’s had has been all about responding to strife created by external circumstances, not struggling to be a better version of herself. Kurt’s story is being reduced to him seeing if he’ll move on from Blaine or not.

Maybe there will be a compelling story with Santana struggling to find and follow her dreams too, but it looks like she may well get a clear path to New York — we already know she has the money to get there — with her only struggle being confined to moving on from Brittany for now, and then her likely story being not about fighting for a dream, but being in a new relationship.

What makes Glee Glee is to see losers struggling to embrace their flaws, find their strengths, overcome internal struggles — not just external things, but internal challenges that force them to grow or regress — and, through their struggle, finally achieve. Rachel and Kurt have been yanked out of this story because they’re being written as people who have already become winners with their internal flaws overcome; anything challenging that happens to them is coming externally, and that isn’t fundamentally and deeply relatable and rootable — it makes me feel sorry for them in the moment, but it doesn’t invite me to struggle with them (and I’m tired of feeling sorry for characters on the show). We’ll see what happens with Santana. But as of half-way through the season, Finn is the only one left whose story is reflecting the relatable and rootable struggles of what Glee is about.

So to answer the question, I’m looking forward to seeing him being to find his confidence within himself, not to rely on others to supply it to him (his big internal flaw), realizing he’s NOT a Lima loser but can, indeed, do anything if he believes in himself; to then find his dream; and to begin to chase and pursue his dream. I’m hoping we stop seeing him be used as a prop for the Glee Club and the club members to find their dreams; after over a year of stalling on his story, I’m ready for Finn to go after a dream for himself.

And if, along the way, the show decides to once more show us Rachel and Kurt as relatable losers struggling with internal issues that invite me to relate to them once more (Santana, too), that would be awesome. And if they do so while returning to a show full of satire, irony, snark, and dark comedy intertwined with heart, that would be even better.

Comment by stw – December 26, 2012 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And to add re Finn — I’m ready for him to stop feeling sorry for himself, which is pretty much all they’ve written for his character since 2×21 Funeral, and to start believing in himself.

Comment by stw – December 26, 2012 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • stands up and applauds STW for his/her post. this is exacty it.

Comment by Karen – December 27, 2012 05:25 PM PDT
    • The only consistent characterization for Finn has been his desire to make something of himself. He felt lost in the beginning of Season 3 because he didn’t know what he wanted out of his life, but it certainly wasn’t being stuck in the tire shop in Lima. The boy is only 19 years old, he can dream of a better future for himself. That’s why he joined the army. However, they had to get him out of there because Finn in the army meant they had to write Cory off the show and it seems they don’t want that.

Comment by MJ – December 26, 2012 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they would focus on the characters and not in couple (I’m sick of Finchel, Klaine and Brittana).
    Tina, Artie and Kurt sing more
    Kurt free from Blaine and Rachel.
    I want Kurt to meet new people, make new friends.
    I want Kurt and Mercedes friendship back.

Comment by PP – December 26, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rachel has been nothing but suppressive fo Kurt though. You only want Mercedes cause you knwo she won’t get more storyline than him.

Comment by ha – December 27, 2012 01:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree that Kurt needs to remain free of Blaine for a little while, but I actually think they have the balance in Kurt and Rachel’s relationship just right this season. They have both been supporting each other this season and while those scenes can get repetitive, the friendship itself is still lovely. As far as solo storylines on the New York side I wouldn’t hold my breath. With Lima remaining such a large focus they have limited time to tell stories in New York so it’s easier to just combine plots. I suspect this will happen even more now that Kurt and Rachel are attending the same school. It’s also the same thing that will happen with Santana if she goes to NYC. Her plot will need to intersect somehow with Rachel and Kurt’s or there won’t be time to tell endless stories about the Glee Club. I’d love a few New York only episodes once that side is better populated so everyone can do their own thing, but I’m not gonna get my hopes up.

Comment by Kim – December 27, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As a Kurt fan, I feel like Kurt had way more support in Isabelle than in Rachel, and that Rachel more tells him what to do rather than be really helpful (we shouldn’t go home. We need to forget about these boys. We need to this, we need to do that). And personally, I do want Kurtcedes back rather than Hummelberry. I always felt that back in season 1, Kurt and Mercedes were sort of a golden couple that really complemented each other (like in the Madonna episode). With Rachel and Kurt, I only feel that when they sing together.

Comment by Leah – December 28, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i just want santana i cant be any more specific than that.

Comment by liz – December 26, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This was my favorite comment so far….well said

Comment by Lisa – December 27, 2012 03:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This comments section is precisely the problem with Glee. It’s fandom can’t agree on ANYTHING. Some people are only around for Finchel, and plenty of people can’t stand Finchel. Some people desperately want Klaine back together, and plenty of people want it never spoken of again. Some want more Sue, some less Sue, some old Sue, some new Sue. Some hate Brittany and some love her. Some people think NY is boring, other people think its the only part of the show worth watching. Some people are interested in the newbies, some aren’t invested in the least. And everyone seems to have a different graduate that they miss the most.
    There is basically nothing the people who watch Glee seem to have consistent sentiments about, which makes it incredibly difficult for them to please anyone at all. Not that I have much sympathy for Glee; I think they brought this on themselves by making everything *so* erratic and inconsistent. Different fans have gotten attached to different things and no one can agree on any kind of overriding vision for the narrative. It’s just a constant process of throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what they can make stick without incurring too much backlash.
    However, that method is quickly becoming profoundly maddening, and that is perhaps the only thing Glee fans DO seem to agree on.

Comment by RachelA – December 26, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know what posts you’re reading, but there does seem to be a general consensus of what is working for the show and what isn’t. The current formula of newbies, recycled and uninspired plots and love triangles and character regression, and the absence beloved characters is not working. The ratings are awful and the fans are very unhappy for the most part. It’s not a matter of not being able to please all fans. Glee isn’t doing a good job of pleasing ANY fans and it’s never been more obvious than it is now.

Comment by Cam – December 26, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really only watch the show because I find Finn’s scenes most interesting. I’m really not enjoying the NY scenes, but hopefully that will change soon, along with the ending of the Brody character. I guarantee I will enjoy watching Rachel’s storyline much more the moment he is gone. I really hope Finchel gets back together sooner rather than later, because honestly they keep me interested and I really don’t mind missing the episodes now due to lost of interest and enjoyment in the show. Hopefully glee will get the magic they once had back, which includes keeping the couples Klaine, Brittana, and Finchel together, and not adding ridiculous third parties, and writing fun, HAPPY storylines, that made glee fun and enjoyable to watch.

Comment by Mady – December 26, 2012 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It creeps me out a lot with the FOX advertising department photoshopping Jane Lynch’s head a la Oprah & Ann-Margaret into the cast’s bodies.

Comment by Steve Mindyknowski – December 26, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please get Finn in NY. I’m sick of him being the one used to help other characters storylines. Cory is far too good of an actor to be wasted helping other people’s scenes. Wipe some makeup off of Rachel, let her gain the strength she stressed she had for three seasons back, and get rid of Brody and I will start watching the NY scenes. I refuse to watch my favorite character change everything she stood for and everything we fell in love with for some useless guy and what she thinks she “needs” to do to fit in. I understand glee and its characters are moving on and maturing, but I in no way imagined the show would be playing out like this. I really hope the writers change things fast :(

Comment by Melissa – December 26, 2012 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are kidding last season Rachel was nothing like the girl you say you want now. She was weak moon eyed ready to defer her dreams for Finn. Now she is actually succeeding at school and getting her confidence back. She was almost married to Finn becasue they were scared. Finchel fans make no sense you say you want old Rachel back but you really only want old Finn depend net Rachel back.
      She hasn’t once shown or said she needs Brody she is setting the pace. She is changing for herslef no one else and she has been changing all along. Stop making stuff up.

Comment by what – December 27, 2012 01:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want Kurt and Blaine to get back together.

Comment by Hannah – December 26, 2012 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup, it’s the only thing I’m still watching for.

Comment by anne – December 27, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward for Finchel scenes! :)

Comment by Annika – December 26, 2012 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finchel reunion! There’s only so much my heart can take. I miss them and I can’t wait to see them getting back together :)

Comment by Nat – December 26, 2012 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Finn and Rachel to get back together. I also want the “old rachel” to come back, because I am not liking rachel berry s4. Just to make it clear–it’s not because she isn’t with finn– it’s because she is acting out of character. I expected a finn and rachel independent storyline and that’s okay, but this rachel is just annoying. I also want Finn to gain a dream of his own and pursue it,

Comment by Lisa – December 26, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She isn’t out of cahracter she is more in character than she was last season when she was ready to defer her dreams for a boy. At least now she is working toward her dreams not some little scared girl willing to settle for her boyfriend when she had her first road block to NY. Face it you don’t like this Rachel cause she isn’t all moon eyed over Finn any more. Finchel fans say they want a single independent Rachel which she has been for months now but that isn’t what they want they want a sad lonely Rachel who is still pining for Finn.

Comment by what – December 27, 2012 01:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Rachel is unrecognisable in her “sad clown hooker” clothes and make up, she is handed everything and hasn’t struggled at all. THAT’s the Rachel we don’t know, and we want the old Rachel who isn’t just Lea in NY. nothing to do with shipping at all.

Comment by Karen – December 27, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m most looking forward to see what happens next for Kurt. He is my favorite character and he has been through a lot and deserves for great things to happen to him. I also look forward to Blaine’s storyline, since the show has finally made him interesting. I am waiting on the edge of my seat for the inevitable Klaine reunion! I miss them together!

Comment by Tiff – December 26, 2012 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UO Time: I don’t miss Santana or Quinn. I don’t want Brittana or Finchel back together at all. Klaine can reunite, but not this season. I like the newbies despite their bad storylines. I regret that we didn’t see more of Puck in LA (with Mercedes, perhaps?) and I’d prefer a LA spinoff over NY. Wemma has been dull since the beginning of S3, and I’m not looking forward to wedding hoopla from everyone. It doesn’t bother me that Rachel isn’t singing much, or that Kurt may date other guys. Bottom line is that each viewer is watching a different version of Glee, ascribing their personal worldview onto it. But that’s the problem when all the characters serve the plot instead of the other way around.

Comment by Blasto – December 26, 2012 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • sounds boring they don’t follow Mercedes cause she can’t act. That is why they cut her loose.

Comment by what – December 27, 2012 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She can act better than a lot of people on the show, and she sings better than most. Plus, we are attached to her and care about her. The way they have treated her character is a crime.

Comment by anne – December 27, 2012 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Is this just the same person going around commenting that Mercedes can’t act on anything? No one in the cast is particularly Oscar worthy, they all have their own flaws, but AMBER (not Mercedes) does pretty well for herself. She was never really given a strong enough storyline to showcase her skills which basically means your comparing the amount of fish in the ocean to the amount in a pond. Take yourself seat.

Comment by Rei – January 3, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want Klaine back together, and to see them both in New York by the end of the season. They’re the reason why I started watching Glee and I miss them. And more focus on the original cast and less on the newbies please!! Marley, kitty and whatever the rest are called bore me to tears and make me switch the channel.

Comment by Rose – December 26, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to Kurt and Blaine being a couple again. They’re Glee’s most popular couple, and to break them off and in such a horrible way was one of the writers’ worst mistakes. A piece of advice.. take the show back to its roots, back when it used to make people feel good and when it didn’t feel like a chore to tune in every week to watch it. Also lose the new students and the new love interests, no one cares about them.

Comment by Mary – December 26, 2012 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve never seen any evidence that Klaine is Glee’s MOST popular couple. If anything I’d guess that FInchel is because it has the two main (or I guess formerly main since the new kids started hijacking screen time) characters in it. Online fandom is only a small part of the larger viewership and winning online polls is hardly proof of anything. Sure Klaine has won a few, but so has Faberry. Klaine, Brittana, and Finchel are all popular ships but you can’t just declare your favorite the most popular.

Comment by Lydia – December 27, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not that I actually watch this crap anymore but they need to ditch Bram for start, they’re an extremely poorly written spite ship, they have no chemistry at all with each other and the fact that they had to dumb them both down to the point of especially thick toddlers does not make for good or “cute” plotlines. It makes for boring garbage.

I’d like to see Brittana back together asap but i wouldn’t mind seeing them have some actual development on their own and work their way back together at some stage.

But, alas, at the end of the day this is Glee and they have no desire to write good, cohesive plot, they’d rather just make a lazy half assed effort and complain when people criticize it.

Comment by Sarah – December 26, 2012 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well then it is a good thing you don’t watch it anymore.

Comment by murley – December 26, 2012 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think I’ll ever recover from watching Brittany eat cheerios off the floor.

Comment by Morgan – December 27, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get Kaine back together, populate the NYC side of things. Ditch the Newbies and have the old cast spend more time in New York (this includes Mercedes, Mike, Tina, Puck, Quinn, etc). I miss the old cast, and I don’t like how the newbies seem to be “stealing the show” I don’t care about Jarley. AT. ALL.

Comment by Oh Please – December 26, 2012 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For Brittana to be taken seriously and treated with respect – for them to get actual screen time together and speak to each other (although in any other quality show I shouldn’t have to beg for this as it should be a regular occurrence, in one on the shows biggest ships) but I think Ryan Murphy would actually reather eat his favorite yellow hat before he allowed this to happen. Def more Sugar and maybe Brittana in NYC – also if I have any wishes let – that Sam be swallowed by this own enormous lips…that is all.

Comment by Boo – December 27, 2012 04:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Santana, Brittana and most importantly!!! SANTANA!!!!!

Comment by sapir – December 27, 2012 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • klaine back together for good

Comment by pat burroughs – December 27, 2012 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRITTANY and her getting back with Santana =Brittana, maybe start showing what Brittany wants to do, like her Fondue For 2 Show or even dancing and she could even do them in NYC

Comment by Sherri Samantha – December 27, 2012 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SANTANA! SANTANA! SANTANA! Get her to NY! (and while we’re at it…BRITTANA BRITTANA BRITTANA)

Comment by leah – December 27, 2012 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we please have another Santana/Mercedes song those two are amazing! More major storylines for them wouldn’t hurt either…..also i more QUIN!!

Comment by Saravia – December 27, 2012 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Their voices were amazing together! So underutilized by the show.

Comment by Rei – January 3, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get rid of the effing newbies. More Kurt, more Klaine, more Mercedes, more characters in NYC.

Comment by anne – December 27, 2012 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If Quinn and Santana can visit Rachel in NYC I don’t see why Mercedes can’t pop in to visit Kurt. Mercedes has a established, if often forgotten, friendship with Kurt (and even Rachel at times) to justify her visiting. I’d certainly prefer to see her pop up there rather than another pointless trip back to Lima.

Comment by Kim – December 27, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why are they called WEMMA? i think they should be called WILMA

Comment by MellyMel – December 27, 2012 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I prefer the New York stories and would rather watch an hour of Rachel and Kurt doing just about anything there – adjusting to their new city, school and life, watching them struggle and succeed there. The newbies just aren’t as compelling as the original cast. Rachel and Kurt (and to a certain extent, Santana) broke out because they are better than the rest, so can I please see them fill more of that precious screen time?

Comment by Treda – December 27, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NY is boring, the Rachel-Cassandra rivalry is boring. I have seen enough of their ‘dancing.’ I liked Kurt in Vogue and SJP, sad it’s done now. Kitty is the only newbie I like. What happened to the Brittany/Kitty rivalry we were supposed to have? Finn could stay in Lima and take care of the Glee Club, Burt and the garage. Not everyone is meant for big cities, Finn is a small town guy and there is nothing wrong with that, just like is was never wrong for Burt to be that kind of guy. Mercedes and Santana should sing more flawless duets. Santana should go on a lesbian speed dating train wreck extravangaza.

Comment by Mark – December 27, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Too bad the writers seem convinced Santana is the only lesbian in the world.

Comment by Kim – December 27, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post