Video: Fringe Stars Recall the Show's Freakiest Events — Including the 'Truly, Truly Awful' One

Get More: Exclusive, Video

Fringe Freakiest EventsAcross 100 episodes, the Fringe cast has pretty much seen it all. Transparent skin. A porcupine man. Gila Monster/wasp/bat hybrids. President Millard Fillmore’s face on currency!

But which of the Fox drama’s Fringe events do they deem to be the freakiest and creepiest of them all?

TVLine posed that question to Joshua Jackson, Anna Torv, John Noble, Jasika Nicole and Blair Brown, at the show’s 100th episode/wrap party. (Lance Reddick had a conflict and could not attend.) Here, accompanied by photographic evidence, the cast reveals what skeeved them out the most. Which actors cited the same episode? And which Fringe creature to this day still gives you the chills?

Fringe airs the first of its four final episodes this Friday at 9/8c, then returns Jan. 11.

Loading video...

Comments (37)

• Anna Torv is right, the grossest thing was the first thing which was very hard to top.

My top 5…

1. Melting faces on the plane (Season 1)
    2. Any time living brains were exposed
    3. Exploding head girl (Season 1)
    4. “The Hand” (Season 4)
    5. Dehydrator chamber guy (Season 4)

Comment by hana – December 21, 2012 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • olivia,peter,esther and almighty walter who seems to have every solution…..bravo!

Comment by ruth – February 18, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agree with Anna, John and Josh.

I remember I had to cover my eyes during “Olivia. In The Lab. With The Revolver” with that Cortexikid who gave people tumors all over their bodies…yikes!

Comment by sammy – December 21, 2012 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, the tumors gave me the heebie-jeebies, too. And I agree with John and Josh about the worms… ugh.

Comment by abbyjo – December 21, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I absolutely agree with this one! I have to cover my eyes at each of those scenes! Yuck!

Comment by Sasha – December 21, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I personally don’t think the melting faces were gross. It was creepy and freaky, but not gross. I found it even beautiful to see (yeah I’m a horror fan). We’ve seen much worse in terms of grossness (some of which did involve Olivia as well).
    However, I agree that nothing can top that “special effect”. It was perfectly accomplished!
    And I totally agree with John and Josh!

Comment by Julie – December 21, 2012 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally, I thought that chemical weapon that seals up the victim’s eyes, nose, mouth and other orifices was the creepiest. Not gory, but inventive and really unsettling.

Comment by wordsmith – December 21, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, that’s definitely in my own Top 3.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 21, 2012 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Creepiest and scariest….oh yeah, I agree with this!

Comment by Julie – December 21, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah I thought that was creepy, but also gross, I have a low tolerance for that stuff. But I thought the one where the two universes started colliding and you ended up with all the people kind of smushed together and the one dude who was like still alive and then looked around and he had like multiple legs/hands…I had to leave and almost threw-up, I’m not even sure what that even really looked like because I think I watched that whole episode with my hand in front of my eyes, I was so, so, so icked out.

Comment by Drewer – December 21, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s mine, too. At least if you’re melting you die faster, with the skin growing one you don’t die until you suffocate.

Comment by Olivia – December 21, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally agree with Anna, John and Josh. The scenes that Jasika and Blair mention are freaky, but not gross. ;)

Comment by coil – December 21, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The scene with the melting faces was so amazingly gross, I was hooked from that moment on. I can still vividly remember the jaw tearing off of the pilots face… That was so cool.

Comment by Rrrrrr – December 21, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the most creepy things that hasn’t been mentioned yet was the woman in the season 4 finale who they brought back to life temporarily using Massive Dynamic tech in order to interrogate her–and her eyes were going in all sorts of directions with her voice distorted. That STILL creeps me out!!

Comment by Michael Shapiro (@mdshapiro) – December 21, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! I forgot about that one but it was so good!

Comment by B – December 21, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS!
      Definitely on of the creepiest! She played Charlotte on LOST I believe!

Marionette was pretty freaky too.

Comment by dsm – December 21, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • and don’t forget Simon’s head blinking in season 5. I can’t watch that scene for the life of me.

Comment by Amy – December 21, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES. Creepiest scene, hands down.

Comment by Ella B. – December 21, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mine will always be the gas that closed every orifice. That was just like, terrifying.

Comment by Mellie – December 21, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The dead puppet girl freaked me out so bad. I only watched that episode once.

Comment by ABC – December 21, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, ‘Marionette’ totally freaked me out!! And ‘Snakehead’, with the worms. On the other side, though, I thought the special effects in ‘Earthling’ (S2), where the cosmonaut’s ‘shadow’ turned people to dust, were absolutely outstanding. I’m going to miss this show so much :(

Comment by Shazza (UK) – December 21, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could listen to Noble all day long reading the phone book, quite happily.

Comment by Annie – December 21, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • grossest was definitely giant worms crawling out of people’s mouths.
    freakiest for me was the dad who was trying to re-animate his ballerina daughter and was working her like a puppet. ugh, gives me the collywobbles just thinking about it.

Comment by cjeffery7 – December 21, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was a guy crushing on her if I recall.

Comment by Paris – December 23, 2012 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The video won’t play for me (in Canada) – is it on Youtube or posted anywhere else?

Comment by Bee Bop – December 21, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s weird, it’s working for me in NZ. It must be your player since it wouldn’t be region locked.

Comment by Olivia – December 21, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m in Canada and it worked fine for me

Comment by Natalie – December 23, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The grossest thing for me wasn’t a case but a scene where, I think it’s in the beginning of Season Four with the new shapeshifters, when one of them is growing new skin and nails and then he pulls his nail off his finger and looks at it. Grosses me out, I have to fast forward through that everytime I watch.

Comment by Kristina – December 21, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Marionette was the creepiest for me, followed by the Fringe team questioning dead “Charlotte” from LOST

Comment by john t. – December 21, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still frightened by the birth of the old man baby in “The Same Old Story”, Season One. I almost stopped watching Fringe because of it. Glad I kept going though!

Comment by Jess – December 21, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Welcome to Westfield, on the school bus…. the victim with two faces

Comment by Syme – December 21, 2012 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What? You couldn’t afford to put a proper microphone up to them so we could actually HEAR their answers to the question? I truly hate journalism on the cheap,

Comment by Gonzo – December 23, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • marionette was very dark, creepy, and disturbing !!

Comment by Karen Seto – December 23, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL I love that people actually were freaked out by the eyes on the dead girl too!! UGH and then she started talking all creepy about her bike and WBell and *shudder* THOSE EYES!! The gross one for me though was the heart worm/caterpillar thing when it’s tendrils were making its way up the IV I was like EW cuz I’ve actually seen worms that minuscule and to think of it going up an IV like that ACK you just can’t unsee that man lol.

And BOO I can’t watch the video :(

Comment by Jeez – December 24, 2012 12:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just read everyone’s comments, and now I’m too creeped out to go to sleep! I really love FRINGE, but I had forgotten about some of those gross cases they had, especially some of the earlier ones that I haven’t seen in years!

Comment by Jennifer – December 24, 2012 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i will never forget how the traitous agent (season 1 episode 7) was being cut open in the hospital only for the doctors to find his heart being clamped by something that i dont even want to remember!!

Comment by Fauziyya – December 25, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • have you noticed that all 4 freaky freaky events apear in the final episode…..

Comment by sam – January 25, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post