Exclusive

Video: Fringe Stars Recall the Show's Freakiest Events -- Including the 'Truly, Truly Awful' One

Fringe Freakiest EventsAcross 100 episodes, the Fringe cast has pretty much seen it all. Transparent skin. A porcupine man. Gila Monster/wasp/bat hybrids. President Millard Fillmore’s face on currency!

But which of the Fox drama’s Fringe events do they deem to be the freakiest and creepiest of them all?

TVLine posed that question to Joshua Jackson, Anna Torv, John Noble, Jasika Nicole and Blair Brown, at the show’s 100th episode/wrap party. (Lance Reddick had a conflict and could not attend.) Here, accompanied by photographic evidence, the cast reveals what skeeved them out the most. Which actors cited the same episode? And which Fringe creature to this day still gives you the chills?

Fringe airs the first of its four final episodes this Friday at 9/8c, then returns Jan. 11.

Loading video...

1. hana says:

Anna Torv is right, the grossest thing was the first thing which was very hard to top.

My top 5…

1. Melting faces on the plane (Season 1)
    2. Any time living brains were exposed
    3. Exploding head girl (Season 1)
    4. “The Hand” (Season 4)
    5. Dehydrator chamber guy (Season 4)

2. sammy says:

Agree with Anna, John and Josh.

I remember I had to cover my eyes during “Olivia. In The Lab. With The Revolver” with that Cortexikid who gave people tumors all over their bodies…yikes!

3. Julie says:

I personally don’t think the melting faces were gross. It was creepy and freaky, but not gross. I found it even beautiful to see (yeah I’m a horror fan). We’ve seen much worse in terms of grossness (some of which did involve Olivia as well).
    However, I agree that nothing can top that “special effect”. It was perfectly accomplished!
    And I totally agree with John and Josh!

4. wordsmith says:

Personally, I thought that chemical weapon that seals up the victim’s eyes, nose, mouth and other orifices was the creepiest. Not gory, but inventive and really unsettling.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Yep, that’s definitely in my own Top 3.

• Julie says:

Creepiest and scariest….oh yeah, I agree with this!

• Drewer says:

Yeah I thought that was creepy, but also gross, I have a low tolerance for that stuff. But I thought the one where the two universes started colliding and you ended up with all the people kind of smushed together and the one dude who was like still alive and then looked around and he had like multiple legs/hands…I had to leave and almost threw-up, I’m not even sure what that even really looked like because I think I watched that whole episode with my hand in front of my eyes, I was so, so, so icked out.

• Olivia says:

That’s mine, too. At least if you’re melting you die faster, with the skin growing one you don’t die until you suffocate.

5. coil says:

I totally agree with Anna, John and Josh. The scenes that Jasika and Blair mention are freaky, but not gross. ;)

6. Rrrrrr says:

The scene with the melting faces was so amazingly gross, I was hooked from that moment on. I can still vividly remember the jaw tearing off of the pilots face… That was so cool.

7. One of the most creepy things that hasn’t been mentioned yet was the woman in the season 4 finale who they brought back to life temporarily using Massive Dynamic tech in order to interrogate her–and her eyes were going in all sorts of directions with her voice distorted. That STILL creeps me out!!

8. Mellie says:

Mine will always be the gas that closed every orifice. That was just like, terrifying.

9. ABC says:

The dead puppet girl freaked me out so bad. I only watched that episode once.

• Shazza (UK) says:

Oh, ‘Marionette’ totally freaked me out!! And ‘Snakehead’, with the worms. On the other side, though, I thought the special effects in ‘Earthling’ (S2), where the cosmonaut’s ‘shadow’ turned people to dust, were absolutely outstanding. I’m going to miss this show so much :(

10. Annie says:

I could listen to Noble all day long reading the phone book, quite happily.

11. cjeffery7 says:

grossest was definitely giant worms crawling out of people’s mouths.
    freakiest for me was the dad who was trying to re-animate his ballerina daughter and was working her like a puppet. ugh, gives me the collywobbles just thinking about it.

12. Bee Bop says:

The video won’t play for me (in Canada) – is it on Youtube or posted anywhere else?

13. Kristina says:

The grossest thing for me wasn’t a case but a scene where, I think it’s in the beginning of Season Four with the new shapeshifters, when one of them is growing new skin and nails and then he pulls his nail off his finger and looks at it. Grosses me out, I have to fast forward through that everytime I watch.

14. john t. says:

Marionette was the creepiest for me, followed by the Fringe team questioning dead “Charlotte” from LOST

15. Jess says:

I’m still frightened by the birth of the old man baby in “The Same Old Story”, Season One. I almost stopped watching Fringe because of it. Glad I kept going though!

16. Syme says:

Welcome to Westfield, on the school bus…. the victim with two faces

17. Gonzo says:

What? You couldn’t afford to put a proper microphone up to them so we could actually HEAR their answers to the question? I truly hate journalism on the cheap,

18. Karen Seto says:

marionette was very dark, creepy, and disturbing !!

19. Jeez says:

LOL I love that people actually were freaked out by the eyes on the dead girl too!! UGH and then she started talking all creepy about her bike and WBell and *shudder* THOSE EYES!! The gross one for me though was the heart worm/caterpillar thing when it’s tendrils were making its way up the IV I was like EW cuz I’ve actually seen worms that minuscule and to think of it going up an IV like that ACK you just can’t unsee that man lol.

And BOO I can’t watch the video :(

20. Jennifer says:

I just read everyone’s comments, and now I’m too creeped out to go to sleep! I really love FRINGE, but I had forgotten about some of those gross cases they had, especially some of the earlier ones that I haven’t seen in years!

21. Fauziyya says:

i will never forget how the traitous agent (season 1 episode 7) was being cut open in the hospital only for the doctors to find his heart being clamped by something that i dont even want to remember!!

22. sam says:

have you noticed that all 4 freaky freaky events apear in the final episode…..