ABC Pulls 666 Park from Schedule; Happy Endings/Apartment 23 Combo Fills Sunday Void

666 Park Avenure Returns Summer 2013ABC is doing another number on 666 Park Avenue fans.

Having already denied the “seductive,” supernatural drama a full season, the Alphabet network now has shelved its plan to unspool the remaining episodes starting next month.

RELATED | Last Resort, 666 Park Avenue Tweaking Final Episodes to Give Fans Closure

Instead, an extra helping of original Happy Endings and Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 episodes will fill the Sundays-at-10 void beginning Jan. 6, with 666 Park‘s unaired episodes now expected to see the light of day… come summer.

Happy Endings and Apartment 23 will continue to also air fresh episodes in Tuesday’s 9 o’clock hour. (With both comedies set to be sidelined by the next cycle of Dancing With the Stars come March, the sitcoms have inventory to spare.)

1. Toms1€ says:

awesome news

• Eli says:

Nothing is awesome about it!
      I’ve been holding off on reading the 666 book, guess it’s time to start…

• Cujo says:

Don’t hold off, the book is very much different from the show.

• DeeKayTee says:

The book isn’t remotely similar to the show so go ahead and read it. Dissapointed that the new eps won’t air until summer…if then. Really enjoyed that show. Maybe ABC would consider continuing it as a summer series.

• tripoli says:

The book isn’t very good and as others have said, not very similar to the show.

• Lori c. says:

This is why I won’t watch ABC any more. I’ve had it with their s*** . From demanding more money from the cable companies to always canceling shows before they are given a chance to get a following. This show was up against Homeland, Sunday night football. Sunday night is probably one of the worst nights for new shows. And now they are showing repeats of new shows that air during the week. Come on people, give us back 666!!!

• It was also up against The Walking Dead….they need to rethink their timeslots and give it another chance!!!

• Katrina says:

I’m with you..they didn’t even give it a chance and they do need to rethink it, but it’s already in the making..I’m really disappointed I really loved 666 park avenue…it sucks that there isn’t anything that we can do about it and also that we have to WAIT UNTIL THE SUMMER TO WATCH THE REST, (I AT LEAST THOUGHT THE REST OF THE EPISODES WOULD AIR STARTING THIS MONTH) What kinda crap is that!?

• pam says:

I agree. I loved 666. Looked forward to watching every week. Didn’t want to get hooked on another series but, I did and then they decide to take it off. Really sucks!!!!

• I love amc. I sent a very mean laetter to ABC; however, they need to run commericals to tell the world the soaps are back. Put the Stars from 666 on the soaps, if needed.

• Ms V says:

I really liked 666. I thought it would have really been a great show. One of ABC best besided “Once Upon a Time” The only thing I watch now on ABC is Once Upon a Time” PLEASE BRING BACK 666. There are so many great and scary storylines you can bring out of this show.

2. dsm says:

It almost feels like they’re also trying to dump out HE/B23 episodes since it’s rating stink too! I love Happy Endings too much for it to be thrown aside the way it has!

• Mitholas says:

That’s what I thought too, but then again, you never know Happy Endings might do alright that night and that it might help it get a second season. Not holding my breath, just trying to be positive. Really want that show to come back for another season.

3. Sarah says:

So is this saying we’ll get two new episodes of each show a week, Sundays and Tuesdays??

4. Jen says:

this is terrible news. I don’t want to wait until the summer for the rest of 666! also it’s gonna be pretty boring to just get Happy Endings/Apt 23 reruns every Sunday.

5. d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

While I am happy for more HE on my screen why not just burn off 666 on Saturdays? Its not like 666 is going to give you awesome summer ratings, however I am no schedule expert.

6. That stinks. 666 Park Avenue was a creepy, scary fun time. ABC screwed this show out of a fair chance to build a following. Typical.

• Katrina says:

I agree..I emailed them and asked what could I do and they didn’t answer that, they just responded that it was ACTUALLY cancelled and lead me to this site :-( .

7. Ryan says:

Haven’t seen either, but it sounds like they are a great choice to follow Revenge…

8. Jared says:

Pulling one low rated drama for two low rated sitcoms??..doesnt really make much sense not that I expect either of those sitcoms to get a renewal for next season.

9. Dennis says:

too bad i liked the show, wasn’t great but it was good. It seems unless a show is brainless it has no chance on network TV. i doubt Lost would even survive a season now, Most of the good shows come on cable and the premium channels lke HBO or showtime anyway . I also think reality shows are the most brainless and worthless shows ever, if there is ever a Zombie Apocalypse it will be people turning into zombies from their brains rotting from reality tv

10. It’s only announced for Jan. 6 and I’m pretty sure ABC is just trying a different spot for the strugling comedies.

• Auc says:

Nope. Announced for 3 weeks with option to continue to air Happy Endings there if it does well.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Correctamundo.

• Mitholas says:

And let’s hope it does. I love that show so much, I’d hate to see it go. Then again, you never know… What network picked up Cougar Town again? They might pick it up. I assume Happy Endings has a similar strangely vehement following as CT? I personally think HE is a better show, though I guess it’s a little less quirky.

11. Tricia says:

I think this might be decent news for Happy Endings and the B in apt 23, if they can get decent ratings on Sunday maybe we can get them some renewals. know I have a real problem watching EVERYTHING worth watching in that timeslot.

12. Elyse says:

awful news!!! and an awful timeslot for the other 2 shows

13. Jennifer says:

Well that sucks…why don’t they just put them online instead of waiting for summer!

14. Jake says:

Is this good news that they are trying them somewhere else or bad news as a way to burn episodes?

15. Twyla Thorpe says:

Why doesn’t ABC just finish out the rest of 666 Park Avenue’s season since it’s not going to be renewed anyway? Give it a winter finale! I don’t understand the point of keeping people on the hook for six months, waiting for a summer closure. First of all, that’s just cruel and stupid. And second, if those people lose interest between now and then, it’s a waste of money because then even LESS people will be watching.

• tripoli says:

I imagine most will lose interest. I doubt by that time I’ll care. I quite liked the show but was prepared for it not to be renewed so I was at least content with getting some sort of wrap up with the final episodes. Which is what we were told would happen. ABC is not doing anything that makes me want to continue to watch any of their shows. Never liked Happy Endings and Apartment 23 is only good for the James Van Der Beek scenes, so I’ll be passing on this nonsense.

• Katrina says:

exactly!!!

16. Larry says:

I really hate it when the networks do this. Weren’t the producers adjusting the final episodes so there was going to be some closure for the series? I know it’s a ratings issue and ABC doesn’t want to lose even more viewers since everyone sees this as a sinking ship but it would had been nice to see the show wrap up in some way. I have no intention of watching the replacement comedies since I don’t watch them on Tuesdays so this is all bad news to me. Why do the networks forget about Saturday nights as a way to burn off their shows? At least give us that. The broadcast networks really are doing a terrible job trying to keep their audiences.

17. Bobby says:

Theres four episodes of 666 left… why can’t they just air on Saturdays? A six month wait is ridiculous

18. Brett says:

Finally! Maybe people will people will start to see Happy Endings/23 if it’s on Sunday night. Both such ah-mah-zing shows.

19. Montie says:

I KNEW this was going to happen! That’s why I asked about it the last time a 666 story was posted. This SUCKS!

20. Joe says:

Well I’m deleting the episodes of 666 that I haven’t watched off the dvr because I won’t rember them in the summer hopefully they adding the comidies to build up the ratings ( I like them both ) and they are in a crappy time slot on tues

21. Amy says:

Yes….air 666 on Saturday! It was going to be wrapped up and now we have to wait until summer? Sucko

22. R.O.B. says:

That’s lame. Put them on at 3 a.m. and let our DVRs pick em up. Not like that will cost them anything but a Schticky infomercial.

23. Joe says:

And another thing why didn’t they try a different time slot for 666 and the last resort before pulling the plug

24. ABC, how idiotic. See, THIS is why viewers are afraid to even become involved with your new shows, especially mythology/mysteries like 666. You are doing your viewers a great disservice. Stick it on Saturday, or air it during hiatus weeks. Good grief, how unprofessional. You ask us to do our job as viewers and support your shows….and you can’t even show us the same courtesy of watching the 13 you’ve committed to. Our time is valuable, too, ya know.

25. wrstlgirl says:

Bleck, don’t like either of those shows. I’ll just change the channel, there’s bound to be something better elsewhere.

26. Alyssa says:

I find Apt. 23 utterly boring and stupid..every once in a great while they will saying something funny. I liked 666 it wasn’t uber fantastic, but it was fun…ABC SUCKS!

27. megs says:

This doesn’t seem like good news for one of my faves(Happy Endings) but I’m gonna try to be optimistic and hope that it pulls some viewers from Revenge? Don’t quite get that pairing, but at least we get TWO new episodes a week now!

28. Barbara says:

ABC doesn’t know good shows at all, they get rid of a good one (666 Park Ave) and gives us two comedies that no one wants to see….grrrrr just play out the other episodes of Park Ave and leave us alone !!

29. Shy says:

That is disrespect to viewers. Even if there were not ten millions but still show had few MILLIONS people watching it. They had the right to watch it till the end.
    That’s why people don’t watch new shows anymore. They are like: “Oh, I don’t want to watch 6 episodes, invest interest in character and then see it canceled. I will wait if it will have whole season and then watch it on DVD”.
    And then they have to cancel so many shows because of low ratings.
    You canceled it. Fine, your choice. But still few MILLIONS people like it. You have to air all remaining episodes. Viewers deserve it.

30. WayneInNYC says:

ABC screws the viewers again. So much for giving the fans promised “closure.” I’m willing to be that the final 4 episodes will never see the light of day. ABC proves once again that the fans matter NOT. A. WHIT.

31. gary says:

Ah this doesnt sound good for Happy Ending and Apt 23. Sounds like a burn off to me. Hopefully ABC goes the NBC route and give rating challenge but critic adore shows a chance

32. Julia says:

666 was a good show, the other two comedies suck :(

33. Ella says:

They did the same with Dirty Sexy Money, didn’t they? Hopefully those who watch 666 have it in their DVRs.

• joe says:

i watched dirty sexy money and yes they did that , and it was so long between episodes i forgot what happened , so i just pulling the plug on 666

34. Heatherjm says:

Yay! Two doses a week of my favorite comedies!! Love love!

35. Still waiting says:

Looks like I made the right call to wait before watching 6 cubed.

36. Jon says:

Well this sucks for fans of 666, but hopefully Happy Endings and Apt 23 will get some good ratings so they’re not cancelled.

37. Elvis Presley says:

Sitcoms in the 10 pm slot? Well this will be interesting… I’m all for more of these shows (I love em both to death), but if they’re trying to kill them due to bad numbers, that would make me rather sad indeed.

38. Zorkel567 says:

Don’t watch the show but this is a terrible idea. They make a big deal about how they gave the production crew warning time to change the ednign, just for this to happen? This is entirely stupid and ABC should be kind enough to show the final four episodes before putting something else in instead for those who do watch.

39. Ana says:

I should have stayed away from this site today. Between Leverage being cancelled, the blind item about an upcoming breakup that includes my favorite couple and now this, I feel like someone just put a lump of coal in my stocking. I know that 666 never found its audience and both the name and the writing are pretty bad, but I loved having Terry OQuinn and Vanessa Williams on my screen. This is going to bite. And the sting is worst considering that HE and The B have horrible ratings and are really ill suited for this time slot. Please ABC, get a new programming director already!

40. Juan says:

666 was not that good and I did watch every episode, but I love that ill get to watch happy ending and apt 23 on Sundays, people get mad but 666 was completely wasting the lead in and 0 competition it had

41. Shannon says:

I really think ABC should put Nashville on Sundays after Revenge. It’s a much better fit to add another drama to the lineup rather than 2 comedies. I also think Nashville could potentially get better ratings if they were on Sundays instead of Wednesdays.

42. Nicole says:

I just started watching happy endings recently. It surprised me it is pretty funny and witty. The commercials looked funny but for whatever reason I never watched it. Maybe more people will get into it now that is on two days a week.

43. S says:

IF ABC wonders why people aren’t watching their new shows well this is WHY. They never give their shows a chance and always move them around on new days/times or take them off for months. I don’t even watch new shows anymore until I know its renewed. This is stupid. Enjoy your comedies cause I’m sure they’ll die a slow death too

44. Kevin says:

ABC is always very rude to the underperforming shows, and their fan/audience too, might I add.

45. sonya says:

Sadly I really like 666 , as usual unless it’s an pointless dating show it hasn’t got a chance. Happy endings…why ? Apartment23 I really like but sunday night is not the spot for this show. But what can you expect from the network who brings us the bachelor, bachelorette, an whatever other idiot box fair that they love so much.

46. Jared says:

Mark my words..ABC will not air the rest of 666 Park Aves episodes over the Summer unless its on a Saturday night. If ABC was just going to pull the series off the schedule why did they even give it a 13 episode order?? Clearly the ratings sucked and should have been cancelled after 3-4 episodes. Instead they chose to save face and waste money on extra episodes of a series nobody watches.

47. Jared says:

Other than just filling a timeslot and airing extra episodes of low rated sitcoms I’m not sure what ABC wishes to accomplish airing 2 sitcoms 10 pm on Sundays. I guess you could say both HE and Apt 23 are unofficially cancelled at this point.

48. Hiss boo! I was resigned to the show being cancelled (and secretly hoped it would be picked up on another channel) but was looking forward to seeing the remaining shows. Unfortunately this came up against The Walking Dead so I was one of the DVR viewers. I don’t understand why they can’t try another time slot, if only to wrap things up. Stupid ABC!!!! Stupid!

49. dione says:

I don’t watch either of those shows uuuuuugh their not my thing so really pissed bout this now, I was reall wanting for 666 unfortinate last shows :-( ABC WHAT IN THE WORLD R Y’ALL DOING! Its not going to do betterin summer its deff a fall winter siers, just bad time slot for it put it on earlier and bet it would be better rattings!