Once Upon a Time First Look: As a Charming Celebration Gets Underway, Evil Lurks….

It’s Miller time on Once Upon a Time, now that Emma and Snow have returned from the fractured fairytale land. And the Storybrooke gang had better get their beer on while they can, because uninvited evil lurks closer than they know.

In this first salvo of pictures from the back half of Season 2, Granny’s hosts a celebratory supper for Emma and her reunited ‘rents. Heck, even Regina scored an invite. But the episode, airing Jan. 6 and titled “The Cricket Game,” won’t be all fun and games for madame mayor. No, she will be accused of offing “one of the town’s most beloved fairytale characters” — kindly Archie, by the looks of it — and her only defender may be… Emma?! (Concurrently, in flashbacks to the fairytale land that was, Snow and Charming plan Regina’s public execution after finally capturing the sexy sorceress.)

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Casts Rose McGowan as Young Cora for Origin Episode

Meanwhile, Cora and Captain Hook appear to be up to no good after dropping anchor in Storybrooke, with a foot locker belonging to Leroy aka Grumpy being on their list of targets. Do they seek a literal axe to grind?

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Once Upon a Time Scoop on the Giant’s “Tiny” Encore

Want more scoop on Once Upon a Time, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (33)

• Anyone else as excited as I am to see Emma and Snow in New Outfits :)
    Can’t wait for Jan 6th!

Comment by HEATHER – December 20, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t why but I kind of have a feeling that Emma will keep using her smelly leather jacket… That being said, more Cora!!!! Love her, I’m glad she’s back.

Comment by Gerald – December 20, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha, my thought exactly !
      They finally can get a shower too, I guess ^^ !

Comment by Ben – December 20, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! And where can I buy Snow’s dress?? Love it! And Regina’s boots and coat too, for that matter! :)

Comment by Dana – December 22, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Take a good look at Hook. Now mentally shave his face and you’ll realize that he’s actually a mutt, not good looking at all.

Comment by Barb – December 20, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We get it you hate Hook, he is not going anywhere for awhile whether we like it or not, so can we stop bashing him in every OUAT article.

Comment by Mike – December 20, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, let’s please keep the conversation smart, people. There are plenty of sites out there where you can post superficial snark.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 20, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lana Parrilla is so gorgeous on pic n°13 !

Comment by bend22 – December 20, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She can’t kill Archie. Just look at them! They are an item waiting to happen.

Comment by TV fan – December 20, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He’s her therapist. It would not a healthy relationship.
        Regina needs friends more than lovers too. I hope she can learn to trust Archie and he can be a true friend.
        Maybe Regina and Emma can strike up a bit of a friendship too. I’d like that.

Comment by M&M – December 21, 2012 04:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Archie is not a real threapist: he’s a walking cricket/conscience POSING as therapist. And they are adorable together! The Evil Queen/Regina could use something like that whethere they go back to fairyland or not. I’d say: go for it.

Comment by TV fan – December 21, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love that coat and boot combo of hers in pic 14. The evil queen gets the best clothes!

Comment by Janie – December 20, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to the return. Am I the only one nervous that they might kill off Archie, or who might this beloved Fairy Tale character be. Regardless happy to see Snow and Emma back in Storybrooke, but I still hope they return to FTL present one day, so much potential. This episode looks to be great.

Comment by Mike – December 20, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it normal to smile that much? They all look half-demented.

Comment by Sophonisbe – December 20, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What, Snow and Emma aren’t supposed to be happy to be back in Storybrooke, and the others aren’t supposed to be happy that they’re back?

Comment by Mary – December 20, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are just stills, they’ll all look more natural in action

Comment by Megan – December 20, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I truly hope so (because they do look mental on thosepictures, I agree)

Comment by TV fan – December 21, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love me some Captain Swan, here is hoping that they’re storyline gets good in the second half.

Hook’s not going anywhere, the popularity of the character, the ratings, he gets them numbers. He’s like the Blaine Anderson of Once Upon a Time, only different is Colin can act millions of circles around Darren Criss.

Looking forward to more Hook now that he’s a series regular, he’s here to stay.

Comment by Jane – December 20, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am hoping for more Hook/Emma, I’m enthralled in that relationship, as well as more awesome Snowing and Rumbelle.

Comment by Emma – December 20, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward Jan. 6 episode.

Not Hook & Emma fan. UGH …so wrong!

I hope that Snow and Charming, put common sense in Emma’s mind before she makes a mistake with Hook and lose Henry for Regina

Comment by pasle – December 20, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There’s a really adorable pic of Lana Parrilla and Jared Gilmore among the behind scenes. They’re both grinning from ear to ear while posing for a pic together. Henry and Regina, now THAT’S a relationship I’d like to see a lot more of. Henry and Emma too. (As opposed to some of the ‘ships’ mentioned in the comments today. But maybe I’m also just tired of the ‘campaining’ some fans do for their ‘ships’ in the comments all the time.)

Comment by Hasting – December 20, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah I want to see more of Emma and Henry and a bit of back story to Regina and Henry, but I’m looking forward to Emma and Charming getting to know each other.

Comment by Mary – December 20, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring on more Hook and Emma and Swan Queen as well. ;) Yes to more Regina/Henry scenes.

Comment by Britta – December 20, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really hoping regina finds the light. Great character. Same for rumplestilskin. They play both sides so convincingly.

Comment by pam – December 20, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ooooh I am loving MM’s red dress and Regina’s coat!
    And I’m happy to see Emma actually being “supportive” of Regina… and even if this is Enchanted Forest that Was… a public execution….. oy.

Comment by czzzz – December 20, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, they look great.
      P.S.: Regina’s coat is from Zara, Lea michele wore it in Glee this year and I remember looking for it :)

Comment by Jo – December 21, 2012 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Images aren’t loading

Comment by Jack – December 20, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How many times are Snow and Charming going to be torn apart and then reunited again before it gets “old”?

Comment by John DeMayo – December 20, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It has already gotten old as far as I’m concerned. I hope we won’t have to hear “I will always find you again” in the remaining episodes of the season.

Comment by M&M – December 21, 2012 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited to see Emma and her new relationship with Snow and especially Charming, you just know its going to get good!

Comment by Torontogirl98 – December 20, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG Emma in something other than a leather jacket!!!!

Comment by Tina – December 20, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the relationships on OUAT! Not only the relationships between the Charming clan but also Snow and Red’s friendship. I can’t wait for everyone to be in Storybrooke in January!

Comment by Ella – December 20, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post