Bones Video: Are Cam and Arastoo Doomed?

Get More: First Look, Video

bonesCam and Arastoo’s covert romance will be exposed during the second half of Bones‘ current eighth season — that much we know. What’s still unclear is whether their relationship will be able to survive the inevitable scrutiny.

“This is not a fling,” maintains Arastoo’s portrayer, Pej Vahdat, in this latest, Squintern-themed installment of Fox’s Breakfast With Bones web series. “[They're] in love.”

Press PLAY below to watch Vahadat’s colleagues, Eugene Byrd and Michael Grant Terry, weigh in on the workplace relationship and (playfully) grill the actor about his character’s true intentions.

Tags: ,

Comments (33)

• Love them both (the characters they portray), but this is just not a comfortable relationship to watch. For one thing, he seems much younger, he is her subordinate, after all, and it all just seemed to appear out of the blue. I really do hope it is doomed. Not a match made in heaven, at least not for this viewer.

Comment by Liana in San Diego – December 20, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow….just because she is older and his boss, it’s not a good relationship. I’ll wait until you jump into the 21st century with the rest of us.

Comment by Sara – December 21, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally disagree. I love the idea of Cam and Arastoo together. This a chance to see different aspects of their characters. I hope this relationship works out.

Comment by Meena – January 31, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL, I like those breakfast videos!

Comment by Liz – December 20, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope not because they are cute together. Him reading that poem was so beautiful and touching.

Comment by Joana Aleixo – December 20, 2012 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, I really like those two together as well!

Comment by Liz – December 20, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I just say ewwwww, Cam deserves someone more appropriate to her age and stature, not saying I’m against a cougar story, but one that makes sense & having an affair/fling/in love with a very religious, not of your faith, subordinate is all kinds of trouble for both her professionally, personally and the company she works for. Just no.

Comment by Kay – December 20, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually don’t mind them together. I don’t feel that he is as young as the other interns. It’s like his is a new career path not his first one and as such he is only a bit younger than Cam. He is mature, and well mannered, and respectful. She seems so happy with him, how can we be naysayers?

Comment by Amanda – December 20, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We have interns where I work who are older than me. People who are working in any doctorate related fields really run the gamut where age is concerned.

Comment by henninggirl – December 20, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone seems hung-up on the age difference between the two but I don’t remember anyone caring that Daisy was 10 years older the Sweets. Tamara is probably only about 10 years older the Pej.

And male bosses date their employees all the time without raised eyebrows. I don’t see why it should be so different when a female boss does it.

Comment by taliesin – December 20, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who has time to worry about the 10-year Sweets/Daisy gap when Daisy is bat-crap crazy? I found her insanity much more concerning (SO glad she’s gone). Also, she wasn’t Sweets’ boss. I find the boss/subordinate piece creepy regardless of gender role.

Comment by Sarahthebaker – December 25, 2012 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • IMO there’s just too much in-house pairing on the show. Four out of four? give it a rest.

Comment by Templar – December 20, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they look cute together.. They look almost the same age plus this kind of things happen all the time in the real world.. Who cares about the age difference..

Comment by crazywrld – December 20, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what happened to the doctor??? and I agree- he is her subordinate.

Comment by ellen – December 20, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like them together. I don’t seem them as non-equals, despite the their different positions on the team. They’re both equally brilliant and gorgeous, and I don’t think there’s enough of an age difference there to actually matter, in the grand scheme of things. My guess, though, is that there will have to be some professional maneuvering in order to pacify the powers that be at the Jeffersonian. As lovely as they are together, their relationship is a bit of an HR violation.

Comment by Ace – December 20, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also, Pej Vahdat is apparently adorable and clever and hilarious IRL, if this video is to be trusted. That makes me want to root for his character even more than I already was.

Comment by Ace – December 20, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In the video, he gives me this, I dunno, “Middle Eastern Bradley Cooper” vibe. He kind of has that swagger and his voice sounds like Cooper’s, too.

Comment by neums (@neums) – December 20, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope not. They’re two of my favorites. And mother and daughter can compare squinters!

Comment by Georgia Madman – December 20, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ooooh, that’s right! They could double date! Ok, no, too awkward…

Comment by Liz – December 20, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pej Vahdat is freaking adorable so more of him is never a bad thing. I have a massive crush on Arastoo, and I think Cam deserves to be happy so this relationship gets two thumbs up from me!

Comment by Sarah – December 20, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi there! big surprise to me. It’s surprise and i want to watch that relation ship. Arastoo & the boss, it was lollll ans yes, they are cute on video!

Comment by soleil444 – December 20, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually I quite like them together. They’re so sweet together, and they seem pretty smitten. I can understand the boss/employee thing and why it bugs people. But the age difference to me is just whatever. As someone else pointed out, Daisy and Sweets had an age difference too. Sometimes age difference is good. They are both capable adults, able to make their own decisions. It isn’t a case of she’s a superior and he’s underage – they’re mature scientists who know what is at stake and to them it is worth the risk.

Comment by Sara – December 20, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can any one said to me in what day/month we will watch that episode? Sorry for my bad english ^^
    Thanks in advance!

Comment by soleil444 – December 20, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, professionally so wrong: dangerous to both their careers. But I find them so touching and sweet as a couple! Writers, you’ve succeeded in making the situation more realistic than any tv show to date. Most things are shades of gray, not all right or all wrong.

Comment by arial2 – December 20, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am 0% invested in their relationship. When it was revealed that he was her beau, I sort of just went “…really?”. And that hasn’t changed.

Comment by Ella B. – December 20, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arastoo. That was some poem, and he so sold the “you know what I mean.” Arastoo is really standing out this season, I love all the interns and I also loved that brief Angela/blonde guy intern as well, they both have very sexy voices. Damn, read me that poem again, Arastoo.

Comment by Plum – December 20, 2012 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see a real chemistry between them. Character wise and actor wise. When I first heard about Cam being with someone I thought it might be that FBI guy that Bones was with a couple seasons back or ANYONE else. This relationship is just weird and uncomfortable for me to watch. And the whole lame poetry bit that was going in the past episode was just boring

Comment by A – December 20, 2012 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they will be fine they are cute together and it’s a change no one saw coming. Poetry was odd but change is what was needed. Dnt but I can’t wait for the second half of season 8

Comment by Ursula – December 20, 2012 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find their relationship way more realistic than Brennan and Booth who have zero chemistry and nothing in common.

Comment by GoGiants – December 21, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is ZERO chemistry between these two characters, so it’s a BIG thug for me.

Comment by adrienne – December 27, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anything to kill the only minority character’s story line, while the white characters get to live happily ever after, smh

Comment by lynn – January 1, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In the show, Cam is 38 and Arastoo is 33, so the difference is only 5 years…

Comment by ines – April 9, 2013 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heh heh…now Cam and Sweets together would be ewww. Then the age difference would kick in. It’s sort of an afterthought with Cam and Arastoo. But whoever said Daisy was 10 years older than Sweets? I think they were supposed to be the same age.

Comment by Darnell – June 7, 2013 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post