NBC's Go On Hosts Studio 60 Reunion

Get More: Casting News

perry whitford

Bradley Whitford will join his Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip co-star Matthew Perry for at least one upcoming episode of Go On.

TVLine has confirmed Whitford’s guest spot on the NBC comedy, first announced by Perry Wednesday via Twitter.

RELATEDGo On: Piper Perabo Joins as Ryan’s Love Interest

“Working with Bradley Whitford again is so much fun. I mean, I wish we weren’t in a hot tub together, but you can’t ask for everything,” the former Friends star quipped online.

So far, no details on Whitford’s character or length of stay on the support-group sitcom are available.

Whitford played Danny, who produced the titular sketch comedy show with Perry’s Matt, on Aaron Sorkin’s Studio 60. Before that, the pair worked together when Perry guest-starred as White House counsel Joe Quincy in three episodes of The West Wing – which of course starred Whitford as a member of the president’s beleaguered senior staff.

Comments (16)

• Love BW, can’t wait to see these two back together again!!!

Comment by nobody special – December 19, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES YES YYES YES I LOVED STUDIO 60!!!!!

Comment by rush – December 19, 2012 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This. I love this.

Comment by geekgrrl – December 19, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great! I thought they played off each other really well on Studio 60, and I love Bradley Whitford!

Comment by Sheila – December 19, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Studio 60, it was such a great show and this 2 were brilliant together. Def. a reunion I’m looking forward to!

Comment by Rain – December 19, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A Studio 60 reunion but not a Friends one? What’s up with that? Are Matthew Perry and Matt Leblanc not liked by the others? Neither have guest starred on Web Therapy or Cougar Town while the others have appeared on one or both of those shows.

Comment by Mark – December 19, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol, do you watch Episodes? This is an exact plot line from Episodes where Matt Leblanc is trying to get someone from Friends to appear on his new show for a reunion and none of them want to do it because they all hate him. The only person he can get is Gunther, hahaha. I think that had to be a tongue-in-cheek episode over the fact he hasn’t done any kind of reunion show with them.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – December 19, 2012 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Courtney Cox stated she wanted to do an episode of Cougar Town with Matthew Perry as her love interest (back in 2010) but they felt Monica & Chandler was still too fresh.

Comment by Becky – December 21, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Sutdio 60 reunion! Just please let Bradley Whitford stay for longer than one episode.

Comment by Mary – December 19, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Squeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Lana – December 19, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I just miss Studio 60. I never did buy the DVD of that. I have it on my Christmas wishlist, so here’s hoping. [Fingers crossed]. Those two are fantastic together.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – December 19, 2012 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love seeing Whitford in comedic roles. The Good Guys was hilarious, though short-lived.

Comment by Eric – December 19, 2012 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best casting news in a long, long time. These two guys have the best buddy-chemistry on TV.

Comment by Harry – December 20, 2012 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whitford is delightful. Why doesn’t he work more? Get that man a show!

Comment by Emma – December 20, 2012 03:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still mourn that show…LOVE.

Comment by M – December 20, 2012 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let him bring his “Good Guys” mustache with him!!!

Comment by Chris B – December 20, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post