Exclusive: Elementary's Super Bowl Episode Drafts Oz Alum as Big Bad

Elementary Super Bowl Episode: Terry KinneyCBS’ Elementary has tapped Oz alum Terry Kinney to tackle a villainous role in its big episode airing after Super Bowl XLVII.

In the high-profile episode, set for Sunday, Feb. 3 (at approximately 10/9c), Kinney will guest-star as an unpredictable criminal who causes chaos in New York. (Let the Moriartty speculation begin in 3…2…1…)

Since HBO’s Oz shuttered its doors, Kinney has guested on myriad series including CSI: NY, The Mentalist, The Good Wife and The Mob Doctor, and booked runs on Canterbury’s Law and The Unusuals.

Elementary — which as this season’s most watched freshman drama (with 13.9 million weekly viewers) got a full-season pick-up back in October — returns with fresh episodes on Thursday, Jan. 3 at 10/9c.

Comments (7)

• Sounds interesting. I’m looking forward to it!

Comment by Lilly – December 19, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds awesome. But he won’t be Moriarty. He’ll be Moriarty’s lacky etc. Moriarty is hardly seen in the books he is always in the background moving the chess pieces which are other criminals-lesser class villains.

This could be a prelude to Moriarty though! :D

Comment by Liz – December 19, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love elementary it has become my 3 rd favorite show

Comment by My – December 19, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally, I thought Moriarty is the kid who was the “Balloon Killer”. The whole cold detached way he acted made me think that’s who he’d eventually be.

Comment by Evan – December 20, 2012 02:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really do like this show, but I do feel Person of Interest earned that post Super Bowl spot.

Comment by Ellen in NYC – December 20, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any news who will be playing Sherlock’s dad?

Comment by Nola – December 20, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    love elementary it has become my 1st favorite show. I really like this show and the sound of this show is fantastic.

Comment by memilissascott – December 21, 2012 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post