First Look: Castle's Ex Marks Her Spot! Plus: GH Vets Jack Wagner and Nancy Lee Grahn Visit

Castle‘s Rick and Kate will have their hands full — personally and professionally — judging by this batch of photos from the ABC drama’s next new episode airing Jan. 7.

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line Has Scoop on Castle‘s Valentine’s Day Plans

On the homefront, Rick gets a visit from ex-wife Meredith, who crashes at his place at the same time Kate is bunking there (while her apartment is fumigated). As show boss Andrew Marlowe shares in this week’s Ask Ausiello column, since Rick and the “Deep-Fried Twinkie” (played by Scandal‘s Darby Stanchfield) have a pattern of “ex sex,” ”Castle has kind of dug his own grave and spends the episode trying to dig himself out!”

Meanwhile, at work, Beckett and her team get caught in the middle of a War of the Roses-esque squabble starring General Hospital‘s Nancy Lee Grahn and Big Love alum Brendan Ford, while GH/Melrose Place vet Jack Wagner guests as a pro golfer whose wife turns up dead.

Want more scoop on Castle, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (15)

• That first pic is seriously adorable!

Comment by Becks – December 19, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TOTALLY !!!! I can’t stop smiling =D !!!!

Comment by gossip2010 – December 19, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m way to excited for this episode! Only 19 more days and the wait is over… :D

Comment by luli – December 19, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great pics! I can’t wait to see this episode. If Beckett still has worries, I think it’s going to show her that Castle is totally committed to her. And even if his ex-wife is going to crash the party, I still love the idea of Castle and Beckett shacking up! :-)

Comment by Kate – December 19, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like a whole lot of breakage will be going on!! Let’s hope none of that spills over to the Castle loft.

Comment by Guppy – December 19, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited for this episode. I hope we get to see some possessive Beckett! And I love Nancy Lee Grahn, so that makes it even better!

Comment by Andrea – December 19, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby! The President is in a comma and you’re prancing around Manhattan in a skimpy dress?! BAD GLADIATOR!

Comment by M – December 19, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really looking forward to this episode! Meredith cracks me up, and seeing Castle squirm is always fun.

Comment by Katherine215 – December 19, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stop that. The way you two look at each other, I can’t even.
    I am really looking forward to this episode and lets be realistic, I am really looking forward to the rest of this season!

Comment by Steph – December 19, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sooo excited! and I still cant believe how perfect that actress is to play Alexis’ mum. well done casting

Comment by geeeee – December 19, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Dr. is in the house!! Dr. Peter Burns, you have no idea how much i missed you in my screen

Comment by Lore – December 19, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett’s hair is absolutely great in the first pic!

Comment by Mari – December 19, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss the poker games. Maybe it’s because I’m watching a rerun right now, lol.

Comment by tp – December 19, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode looks fantastic!!
    Both sweet an hilarious!!

Comment by MML – December 20, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The acting school that these two went to should be getting royalties or something. How can they look so deeply in love with just looking at each other like that and it is called acting. Come on!!!!!!!!

Comment by VGuidry – December 28, 2012 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post