Exclusive

Exclusive: 90210 Adds Tree Hill Vet Robbie Jones

90210 Season 5 SpoilersRobbie Jones is fast becoming a CW staple.

The actor, who in recent years co-starred on both One Tree Hill and the short-lived Hellcats, has landed a heavily recurring role on 90210, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | 90210 Exclusive: Terrell Owens Scores Cameo

Jones joins the primetime sudser as Jordan Welland, an intelligent, laid-back publisher who takes an interest in — and shares major sparkage with — AnnaLynne McCord’s Naomi. The character will also play a part in a handful of other storylines throughout the end of Season 5.

“We feel like we won the lottery when Robbie agreed to do a recurring role on 90210,” co-showrunners Patti Carr and Lara Olsen gushed to TVLine about their new addition.

90210 resumes with fresh episodes on Monday, Jan. 21 in its new 9/8c time slot, where it will follow The Carrie Diaries (premiering Jan. 14).

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Scoop

1. Maggie says:

Quentin!! his friendship w/ Jamie was one of the best parts of OTH

2. Natasha Marchaunt says:

This dude is so underrated as an actor.
    Jamie making him a cape, then finding out he died… never gonna forget that.
    I miss OTH!

3. Lily says:

So this means that Naomi and Max divorce? I love them together!

4. kayra says:

LoL.. why am I NOT surprised.. seems like getting-married doesn’t mean anything special in 90210..

5. Susan says:

Just when I was about to drop this show *sighs*. Damn you 90210 for pulling me in again

6. emy says:

so is this going to be another love triangles or what? oh Lord. Please cancel this show now.

7. Sarah says:

Maxomi was the only couple I liked. I even got my friends back into it because of them. Hope this is the final season. Adios.

8. dude says:

He’s so much better than this.

9. Ella says:

Seriously?! Naomi??? Will she EVER get a love interest as hot and exciting as Liam again or is she destined to date rednecks, geeks and morons for the rest of her 90210 life? Liaomi was a couple that everybody LOVED. Get them back together, NOW.

• ryiz says:

oh. I thought Liam is the biggest moron on the show. My bad..

• Christian says:

meh, Liam was Naomi’s worst pairing, no chemistry there. He’s meant to be with Annie all the way. But I’m glad they spice things up with Maxomi, they got boring as hell, though I do hope they’ll find their way back.

• liam says:

Are you serious Christina???!!! This too have one of the sexiest chemistry we see in any TV show, even actor Matt Lanter tweet this!! Are we watching same 90210??!!

• Nicole. says:

No chemistry?! I don’t think there has ever been a couple on 90210 with MORE chemistry. They may not have been a lot of things but lacking in chemistry they were not.

• Emily says:

I love Max and Naomi with all of my heart, but she was Liam’s best pairing. Liam and Annie are pretty meh compared to Naomi and Liam. Their chemistry was phenomenal.

• neversayever says:

Completely disagree. liam had no chemistry with Naomi whatsoever. He’s much better with Annie. they are OTP of 90210

• one bored fan says:

Agreed. Liam and Naomi had sex scenes and that’s it. For me it’s not enough to refer to them as “sexual couple” or say that there is “sexual chemistry”. I haven’t seen any chemistry to be completely honest. I do feel that actors tried hard to make this relationships work, but it didn’t work for me. They are lacking at sparks.
            Liam and Annie on the other hand have EVERYTHING to make me love a couple. they don’t need to suck each others face in each scene to make me feel chemistry or see an attraction.

• Vanessa says:

Agree as well. Liam never even cared for Naomi untill slept with her sister, guilt much? He was attracted to Annie from the moment he saw her though. I just can’t wait when Lannie will finally reunite <3

• Hanna says:

Are you insane? Liam and Naomi had something real. Naomi is the first person he opened up to. Do you not remember the fake snow scene outside the prom? It was an epic moment for the show. What 90210 have you been watching? Liomi was the best thing on CW period.

• liam says:

tottaly agree with you!!!!!!!!! Bring back LIOMI again!! This is only good, sexy and interesting couple in the show!!

10. ryiz says:

I’m sure he’s going to be another sex-partner for Naomi and will be gone after a few episodes just like the other guest stars. (They COME, they have SEX, they LEAVE) Same old same old.

11. Missy says:

TV line, kinda random, but do you have some good news for Lannie fans? :)

12. mewy says:

so maxomi will break up, a.g.a.i.n? Really? -_-

13. Grace says:

I really like Naomi with Max so I hope they get back together soon.

14. Newgirlx says:

I’m #teamMAXOMIforever

15. dairsq says:

I love Max & Naomi more than I love the show. They are so adorable. But I’m fine if they want to add some drama. I just hope they will find their way back together before the series end.

16. Leeze says:

These 9-O kids fall in love with almost all new characters they meet along the way. Funny but true. XD

17. frwmely says:

I miss the previous showrunner.

18. Jaselle says:

The best couples on the show were Teddy and Silver – Teddy and Ian. The BEST!!!

19. Mshiggins says:

Can we please have Lannie back?!
    I really don’t care who Naomi dates unles it’s Liam. Because, seriously, those two had no chemistry or even plotline to be attracted to. Liam and Annie have to reunite, because they are only good couple with tension in this show.

20. ylle says:

So I guess Gillian Zinser did the right thing by leaving this show aite? Her character got married with Raj, but then she was forced to fall in love with that photographer guy. And then after Raj passed away, she suddenly hooked up with another (Mexican) guy. 3 guys in one season lol.

21. karen says:

can’t stand lannie….i would watch 90210 again if they brought liomi back or even liam and silver

22. Jen says:

Really? I think Liam lost his personality while dating Naomi. They were the dullest couple on TV by that time. I’m really glad Lannie happened, because it brought me back to this show.

23. Isla says:

Totally agree, Liomi was such a shallow and boring couple. IMO ppl used to like them because they used to have sex all the time, and some might consider it passion. But for me they were pretty lame and boring. Annie brings the best out of Liam, they are just so cute and sweet together, their relationships are based on so much more than physical attraction. They always care for each other and unlike Naomi, Annie never had to work hard to make him notice her, which says much :)