Exclusive: 90210 Adds Tree Hill Vet Robbie Jones

90210 Season 5 SpoilersRobbie Jones is fast becoming a CW staple.

The actor, who in recent years co-starred on both One Tree Hill and the short-lived Hellcats, has landed a heavily recurring role on 90210, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | 90210 Exclusive: Terrell Owens Scores Cameo

Jones joins the primetime sudser as Jordan Welland, an intelligent, laid-back publisher who takes an interest in — and shares major sparkage with — AnnaLynne McCord’s Naomi. The character will also play a part in a handful of other storylines throughout the end of Season 5.

“We feel like we won the lottery when Robbie agreed to do a recurring role on 90210,” co-showrunners Patti Carr and Lara Olsen gushed to TVLine about their new addition.

90210 resumes with fresh episodes on Monday, Jan. 21 in its new 9/8c time slot, where it will follow The Carrie Diaries (premiering Jan. 14).

Comments (38)

• Quentin!! his friendship w/ Jamie was one of the best parts of OTH

Comment by Maggie – December 18, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This dude is so underrated as an actor.
    Jamie making him a cape, then finding out he died… never gonna forget that.
    I miss OTH!

Comment by Natasha Marchaunt – December 18, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So this means that Naomi and Max divorce? I love them together!

Comment by Lily – December 18, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LoL.. why am I NOT surprised.. seems like getting-married doesn’t mean anything special in 90210..

Comment by kayra – December 18, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just when I was about to drop this show *sighs*. Damn you 90210 for pulling me in again

Comment by Susan – December 18, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so is this going to be another love triangles or what? oh Lord. Please cancel this show now.

Comment by emy – December 18, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maxomi was the only couple I liked. I even got my friends back into it because of them. Hope this is the final season. Adios.

Comment by Sarah – December 18, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s so much better than this.

Comment by dude – December 18, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously?! Naomi??? Will she EVER get a love interest as hot and exciting as Liam again or is she destined to date rednecks, geeks and morons for the rest of her 90210 life? Liaomi was a couple that everybody LOVED. Get them back together, NOW.

Comment by Ella – December 18, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh. I thought Liam is the biggest moron on the show. My bad..

Comment by ryiz – December 19, 2012 12:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • meh, Liam was Naomi’s worst pairing, no chemistry there. He’s meant to be with Annie all the way. But I’m glad they spice things up with Maxomi, they got boring as hell, though I do hope they’ll find their way back.

Comment by Christian – December 19, 2012 01:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you serious Christina???!!! This too have one of the sexiest chemistry we see in any TV show, even actor Matt Lanter tweet this!! Are we watching same 90210??!!

Comment by liam – December 19, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No chemistry?! I don’t think there has ever been a couple on 90210 with MORE chemistry. They may not have been a lot of things but lacking in chemistry they were not.

Comment by Nicole. – December 19, 2012 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love Max and Naomi with all of my heart, but she was Liam’s best pairing. Liam and Annie are pretty meh compared to Naomi and Liam. Their chemistry was phenomenal.

Comment by Emily – December 20, 2012 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Completely disagree. liam had no chemistry with Naomi whatsoever. He’s much better with Annie. they are OTP of 90210

Comment by neversayever – December 21, 2012 04:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Agreed. Liam and Naomi had sex scenes and that’s it. For me it’s not enough to refer to them as “sexual couple” or say that there is “sexual chemistry”. I haven’t seen any chemistry to be completely honest. I do feel that actors tried hard to make this relationships work, but it didn’t work for me. They are lacking at sparks.
            Liam and Annie on the other hand have EVERYTHING to make me love a couple. they don’t need to suck each others face in each scene to make me feel chemistry or see an attraction.

Comment by one bored fan – December 21, 2012 04:17 AM PDT
          • Agree as well. Liam never even cared for Naomi untill slept with her sister, guilt much? He was attracted to Annie from the moment he saw her though. I just can’t wait when Lannie will finally reunite <3

Comment by Vanessa – December 21, 2012 01:24 PM PDT
          • Are you insane? Liam and Naomi had something real. Naomi is the first person he opened up to. Do you not remember the fake snow scene outside the prom? It was an epic moment for the show. What 90210 have you been watching? Liomi was the best thing on CW period.

Comment by Hanna – February 16, 2013 04:56 AM PDT
    • tottaly agree with you!!!!!!!!! Bring back LIOMI again!! This is only good, sexy and interesting couple in the show!!

Comment by liam – December 19, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sure he’s going to be another sex-partner for Naomi and will be gone after a few episodes just like the other guest stars. (They COME, they have SEX, they LEAVE) Same old same old.

Comment by ryiz – December 19, 2012 12:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TV line, kinda random, but do you have some good news for Lannie fans? :)

Comment by Missy – December 19, 2012 02:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lannie is worst pairing ever!! NO chemistry, boringggg:(

Comment by liam – December 19, 2012 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think they are by far the best couple on this show!

Comment by Youknowyouloveme – December 21, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blegh. Lannie is lame. She’s much better off with her new guy.

Comment by Spencer – December 20, 2012 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lannie ATW, bring them back. Liomi was a peace of crap.

Comment by Bobie – December 21, 2012 04:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, please! Any news for us – Lannie fans?

Comment by Leila – December 21, 2012 04:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so maxomi will break up, a.g.a.i.n? Really? -_-

Comment by mewy – December 19, 2012 02:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Naomi with Max so I hope they get back together soon.

Comment by Grace – December 19, 2012 02:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m #teamMAXOMIforever

Comment by Newgirlx – December 19, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Max & Naomi more than I love the show. They are so adorable. But I’m fine if they want to add some drama. I just hope they will find their way back together before the series end.

Comment by dairsq – December 19, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These 9-O kids fall in love with almost all new characters they meet along the way. Funny but true. XD

Comment by Leeze – December 20, 2012 04:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss the previous showrunner.

Comment by frwmely – December 20, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best couples on the show were Teddy and Silver – Teddy and Ian. The BEST!!!

Comment by Jaselle – December 20, 2012 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we please have Lannie back?!
    I really don’t care who Naomi dates unles it’s Liam. Because, seriously, those two had no chemistry or even plotline to be attracted to. Liam and Annie have to reunite, because they are only good couple with tension in this show.

Comment by Mshiggins – December 21, 2012 04:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So I guess Gillian Zinser did the right thing by leaving this show aite? Her character got married with Raj, but then she was forced to fall in love with that photographer guy. And then after Raj passed away, she suddenly hooked up with another (Mexican) guy. 3 guys in one season lol.

Comment by ylle – December 23, 2012 03:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t stand lannie….i would watch 90210 again if they brought liomi back or even liam and silver

Comment by karen – February 9, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really? I think Liam lost his personality while dating Naomi. They were the dullest couple on TV by that time. I’m really glad Lannie happened, because it brought me back to this show.

Comment by Jen – December 21, 2012 04:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally agree, Liomi was such a shallow and boring couple. IMO ppl used to like them because they used to have sex all the time, and some might consider it passion. But for me they were pretty lame and boring. Annie brings the best out of Liam, they are just so cute and sweet together, their relationships are based on so much more than physical attraction. They always care for each other and unlike Naomi, Annie never had to work hard to make him notice her, which says much :)

Comment by Isla – December 21, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post