Gossip Girl Series Finale: The 9 Biggest Twists!

New York, I Love You XOXOIt was the blast that knocked the Upper East Side off its Christian Louboutin stilettos. As promised, Gossip Girl unmasked its namesake blogger in the show’s series finale Monday night — and the elusive scoopmonger was…

Dan!

But that’s wasn’t the only surprise in the final hour of the CW soap.

RELATED | Gossip Girl Series Finale Burning Questions Answered — Straight From EP Stephanie Savage!

WEDDING BELLS AND CUFFS | Chuck and Blair flee the scene of Bart’s death in the trunk of a limo – seriously, you’re not going to pop that thing, NYC cops? – with Georgina’s help. But it’s Jack Bass who really comes to rescue with a plan: Chuck and Blair should get hitched so she can’t incriminate him. Chuck is against the idea; this isn’t the way he wanted to marry her.

“Why not?” protests Blair. “We’re in love. And one way or another, we achieved our goals.” Plus, she adds, it’s exciting — not dull like hand-holding and going to the movies.

“I was a stupid child when I said those things,” Chuck replies. “Life with you could never be boring.”

With some help from their family and friends, the two eschew a courthouse wedding to throw an impromptu ceremony on the streets of New York. And they just barely manage to get away with it before a tip from some over-eager teens brings the police to the site. But the cops don’t have any evidence, and since Blair’s the only one who saw anything, they’re forced to let them go.

GOSSIP GIRL REVEALED | Serena abandons her flight to L.A. after reading Dan’s glowing, unpublished chapter about her. He insists that he meant every word, but she wants to know, “Which one is the real you?” Well, that’s a complicated question, S, because your on- and off-boyfriend has been hiding his real self! Blair still doesn’t believe her friend is going to end up with poor Humphrey and that his American dream of rising up “has died.” Dan overhears their conversation and releases his final chapter all about the blogger to publish on The Spectator. As the words hit the Upper East Side gang (and beyond to Vanessa, Juliet, Rachel Bilson, Kristen Bell, New York Mayor Bloomberg (?!) etc.), they realize the blogger has been among them all along.

“If I wasn’t born into this world, maybe I could write myself into it,” Dan explains. And so he started the blog, mimicking the voices of the UES’ chatty Cathys and using Serena as his muse “to create a legend.” (Apparently, Jenny knew about it for a while, and he kept out anything she didn’t want on there. But she herself sent in the tip about losing her virginity so she could get out of New York.)

Blair’s not too pleased about this news after all the hell Gossip Girl has caused her – “This whole time, I had more power than you,” Dan points out – but Serena is surprisingly OK with it. She calls it a love letter to all of them. “He made me realize I don’t want to run away,” she continues. “You guys are my family, and I belong here.”

And with that, Gossip Girl is dead and everyone can finally grow up. Or can they?

HAPPILY EVER AFTER | Flash forward to Dan and Serena’s wedding five years later. Chuck and Blair now have a 5-year-old named Henry. The Spectator’s taken off, and Nate is rumored to be running for mayor. The wedding party also includes the returns of Eric and Jenny and their odd pairings: Georgina and Jack, Lily and William (he was just using Ivy to get his ex-wife back) and Rufus and… Lisa Loeb?! Meanwhile, on the streets of New York, a new outsider walks among the trust-fund babies as Kristen Bell’s voiceover warns, “You may be rid of Dan Humphrey, but you’ll never be rid of me. There will always be someone on the outside wanting to get in. Who am I now? That’s one secret I’ll never tell.”

AND EVERYTHING ELSE | The line of the night has to go to William dubbing Ivy’s story as a Lifetime movie called Nobody Gives a Damn. And how about that flashback showcasing the first time Dan and Serena talked at a birthday party? It looked like it could have been lifted from an old DVD! Finally, did the use of “You Got the Love” remind anyone else of the Sex and the City series finale?

What did you think of Gossip Girl‘s swan song? Review the episode’s top nine OMG! moments in the gallery below, grade the series finale and then share your snappy judgements in the comments.

1. underwhelmed says:

It was worse than the Will and Grace finale. And that says a lot.

2. Dan deserves an Oscar. All the times he acted surprised when he read a GG post even when no one else was with him, now that’s commitment. Remember that time Dan screwed himself for posting a picture of him & Miss Carr & almost got suspended. Serena: “After today, you are officially irrelevant.” – her husband. EPIC FAIL.

• moocra says:

LOLOLOL this is so true.

• Hmmmmm says:

Some of the comments made by GG were rather cruel considering he was supposed to care about these people. Additionally, he had Blair’s diary and knew that she didn’t really love him for how long last season? Did he actually care for her? A bit confusing.

• Ari says:

YES AND SERENA THINKS THOSE COMMENTS WERE COMMENTS OF LOVE! LOVE! I can’t even deal with Serena. She and Dan deserve each other. I’m sure they’ll be married and divorced multiple times just like Lily was.

3. Mary says:

I’m so glad to finally know you were a Dair fan!! This whole season was a mess and the finale was no exception. Chair was inevitable, but Dan and Serena was a pairing I feel like hardly anyone wanted. It was all so rushed and just for the excuse of suspense leading up to the finale.

4. Jason says:

Nate got the professional happy ending while Dan got the personal one, I would have rather the two had been reversed and it showed Dan leaving his successful book signing to make Nate and Serenas wedding. Also Rufus and Lily should have ended up together.

• JA says:

^this! I would’ve loved to see that. Nate was always the character I wanted to love but was never really given a reason to. He was always too peripheral except for the blink of time he was with Serena. Why couldn’t he have ended up with her? They could’ve paired Dan with any number of other characters and it would’ve made sense, but Nate never made sense with anyone except Serena….oh, we’ll, I’m used to these kinds of shows disappointing me. At least I got the Chair ending I wanted.

• tatydial12 says:

amen! this is how it should have ended!! golden boy and the it girl!

5. Alissa says:

Dan as Gossip Girl! HAHA what a joke.

6. wasabi says:

Cyrus was back, and that made everything else worth watching!

7. Andrew S. says:

one more bone to pick – aren’t Dan & Serena half siblings?! eww!

• Anonymous says:

No, they’re step siblings, but since Lily and Rufus didn’t end up together, they’re not even that anymore. To be a half sibling, you have to share a parent, not a sibling.

8. I loved it all. Dan being Gossip Girl was pure genius, it wrapped up the entire series perfectly. Also, Dan and Serena getting married at the very end of the episode really was poetic. They were the couple that got the show up off the ground. It began with them, it ended with them. Beautiful.

BUT LOL @ NATE BEING MAYOR: The man with no storyline ends up the most powerful and with such a lack of intelligence. Loved it. XD

9. Sam says:

Loved all the cameos from all the other actors/actresses. Was Willa Holland playing her Arrow character or Gossip Girl character?

• Anonymous says:

She was playing Agnes, her Gossip Girl character, why would she come back to GG just to play the character from Arrow?

• Maria says:

I loved Willa’s cameo, her line was hilarious :) Of course, when she said it, I thought she must be talking about Jenny, but it’s even more hilarious knowing it was Dan….

10. Alex says:

Great finale! The people who are being pissy about it are mostly whiny shippers who didn’t get what they wanted. So who cares? I loved the ending so much.

• Janet Snakehole says:

I completely agree. Dairstans are pissed they lost. Ending was satisfying for whatever Gossip Girl as a show became.

11. Master_K says:

It was a good finale and it had a lot of really good moments though I’m not a big fan of Derena and would have preferred Serenate. Also Dan being Gossip Girl creates a lot of problems. Why would he dethrone Jenny during Queen J’s term in season one by outing Serena’s brother and Jenny’s boyfriend? Surely if it was really Dan the whole time, he could have ignored some of the more hurtful blasts sent into him by other UES.

• Keenan says:

Sssssssh! Your not supposed to think about it that much.

• TamIWas says:

Haha! And therein lies the problem. Now everyone will to back to season one and psychoanalyze. “Wait, that makes no sense/Ohhhhh that TOTALLY makes sense!” Does that mean Dan controlled Georgina all along? Even during her season one reign of terror?

12. Liz says:

So happy you pointed out the use of the Sex and the City finale song…why point out your similarities to another show in your first hour and then blatantly rip off its iconic ending in the next?

13. Xoxo says:

They ruined the show a while back. I’m satisfied with they way it ended. In some ways it was all we wanted. But still, so many loose ends, so many unfinished and rushed details… I’m sad because it could’ve been so much more. I really enjoyed the show and suffered with this past few seasons because it just wasn’t the same anymore. Still, I had some really good moments with it and I’m still sad it ended.

Merci & adieu, GG.

14. Trisha says:

This show is a disgrace. Absence of continuity is one thing, but to go out of your way to literally bend reality is just disrespectful to your viewers who did not sign on for a science fiction show. Alice in wonderland made more sense than this. I hope the show runners’ reputations never recover, we will never got all those viewing hours back so that’s the least they deserve.

15. Keenan says:

So in the end Nate got ignored for the final time & ended up with nobody. Love it.

16. Nicole says:

Does Jenny work at Blair’s company now? I noticed her shopping bag at the wedding said “J for Waldorf”. Would they really make up and now work together? I’m glad Sage didnt stick around for the 5 years. I was not a fan!

17. Hmmmmm says:

Some of Dan’s actions regarding Blair are a little confusing since he was revealed to be GG. He posted the blast that ultimately resulted in the limo accident and Blair’s miscarriage, then posted the video of her and Chuck at her wedding. He kept intentionally inserting himself in between Chuck and Blair, then did not feel any guilt making a move on her? He posted the photo that could bankrupt her family. He had her diary for who knows how long and knew how she did/did not feel about him, but stayed with her until he decided to start posting pages. It just leaves me to wonder – are we supposed to think that Dan loved her or that he was trying in some weird, twisted way to take her down? The reveal just leaves me a bit confused at some of his actions over the past year. And I found that entire arc (Dair) to be pretty confusing as it was. This reveal does not help.

• Maria says:

Yeah, that doesn’t make a lot of sense, unless Dan was publishing Blair’s diary to try and force her hand? He basically gave her an ultimatum anyway. Still, it was a totally crappy thing to do.

• Chris says:

Gossip Girl shut down after the accident (I believe….) so I think that was Dan going “Oh crap…”. But as far as Dan posting whatever he wanted and hurting Blair, Jenny, and so many other people…I think the point was that all he ever revealed really was the truth. He was critical of everyone, including himself. That’s why he always felt justified, because he treated everyone equal. That’s what he really wanted. Equality.
      I think they wrote Dan’s story well this season to bring it to this conclusion. It’s one of the few if ONLY things they did right season 6,

• Hmmmmm says:

I guess the part that confuses me is that Dan brought Blair and Chuck together in the midseason finale last season because he loved Blair and wanted what would make her happy. However, if Dan is GG, then was he just bringing them together, so that he could post something about them? Just very strange.

18. tanyak57 says:

i thought there was going to be three words on the screen at the end… am i the only one who missed it?

19. the8tregirl says:

I have watched only one episode of GOSSIP GIRL and that was tonight’s. I am sick in bed (well, on the couch) and the remote disappeared and I just did not want to get up from under my cozy, cozy blankie. So I watched the review and the finale and after a while I couldn’t NOT watch. O. M. G.

I don’t know the name of the so-called actor who played Chuck but I’m pretty sure he has talents we’re not allowed to talk about on these forums because that would be the ONLY explanation for his having had a job in television, in front of a camera, for this long. Assuming he’s played Chuck all six seasons. Maybe he was the understudy who got the call last week????

Also, it was hysterically funny to see Michelle Trachtenburg walking around endlessly with that giant box on those towering heels.

Between remembering “Chuck” and Michelle on the heels, I can laugh my way to health over the next few days.

Do want to say that the dress “Blair” wore to her fountain-side wedding was drop dead gorgeous. And I love Mayor Bloomberg; the man has a great sense of humor and timing.

• GG says:

You watched ONE episode but took time out to type a long comment, and TRY to insult one of it’s actors…..? Hmmm….

• the8tregirl says:

I could insult him more thoroughly, or I could dissect his performance – such as it was – movement by movement, line read by line read, if you’d like. As it was, it made me laugh. I’m sure not what he, the producers, or GOSSIP GIRL fans want as a reaction, but there you are. Infinitely more honest than what was happening on screen.

• Hmmmm says:

You’ve only watched one episode – tonight’s- then you went online to find an article in which to discuss it? Kind of weird.

• the8tregirl says:

I actually comment on these boards quite regularly. As for commenting on a show I’ve only seen once – it’s very hard not to remark on a truly horrible acting performance when it’s dumped in your lap. You should read what I have had to say about some shows’ writers!

20. Janet Snakehole says:

HATERS WILL HATE. It was rushed with some plot holes but overall, it was a satisfying ending. Chuck and Blair were perfect. Finally happy, healthy, improved, married, commited and parents to the cutest boy alive. I will miss my Gossip Girl so badly :(

21. Zero character growth and continuity. Plotholes galore. This finale was an embarrassment and a slap in the face to good writers everywhere. I don’t even know want to know what was going on behind the scenes to create something so awful and nonsensical.

22. Rachel says:

I thought maybe I’d watch it considering it’s the season finale and I was an avid fan when it started but this is a horrible mess. I absolutely hated it. A show like gossip girl shouldn’t have had the two couple favorites get together and seriously Dan as gossip girl???? That is some serious bullsh*t. Jenny wanted in on the UES so bad she would have sabotaged Dan to do so revealing that he’s gossip girl. That was so inconsistent. I’m glad it’s over.

23. lily says:

i actually liked it! it had enough stuff in there to tribute the show, like the cute flashback, the dan as GG reveal and how he did it, and the happy flash forward with everyone there and chuck and blair’s adorable kid. i don’t know, i enjoyed it- it was light, breezy, and fun

24. S says:

Wow, I quit GG and this is what it came to? lol Dan being GG? seriously? and him and Serena ending up together YUCK and as usual nothing much for Nate @@ predictable end for Chair yawn and no Rufus and Lily how lame

25. Kara says:

I loved Chuck and Blair getting married and having a baby! The guest stars were spot on (even Jenny, Eric, and Vanessa made an appearance). Dan as Gossipgirl. I can buy it but it doesn’t make it any less creepy

26. Allyson says:

whatever happen to Dan’s mother? How come she wasn’t at his and Serena’s wedding? Well, I am not surprised that Dan was the Gossip Girl since he was a writer and was desperate to fit in.I am happy that Dan and Serena ended up together. I am a bit surprised Lily and Rufus didn’t end up back together. Why on earth did she get back with Serena’s dad. I was happy for Blair and Chuck, long time comming for those two. Nice that Jack was able to help his brother out after all the trouble he has caused in the past.

27. AB says:

This season wasted alot of time when it could have elaborated on awesome things in the finale. We could have explored the Jack and Georgina relationship. Hilarity would have ensued. More Henry Bass. A non rushed Chuck and Blair wedding, see Chuck as a father. See how Serena and Dan decided to marry in Blair’s living room. Anything but the Bart Bass plot.

• Hmmmm says:

Agree. They wasted these last ten episodes. We could have been watching the characters we actually care about as they navigated their new lives. We suffered through Blair’s wedding planning and wedding last season to a guest star, then this is how it ends for two main stars. They lost a lot of opportunities to tell a story of how people got to these end places five years later. Also, the end points out even more strongly how Bart, sage, and Steven were not needed to tell the story. They were pretty irrelevant and unnecessary in the big picture, so why even include them? The episode wrapped things up as nicely as it could, but the season should have been spent building up to the flash forward. There were a lot of good stories that could have been told. Serena and Blair truly rebuilding their friendship, Dan and Blair doing the same, Nate taking control of his life, chuck and blair engaged and planning to take control of their lives together, her becoming pregant, dan and serena rebuidling their relationship. Just a lot of storylines that would have been better.

28. Maria says:

I enjoyed it, actually. It wasn’t quite S1-quality, but given the downhill slide the show’s been on since mid-S4, it was a pretty satisfying way to wrap things up. I’m mostly just shrugging about Dan being GG, because it still doesn’t make him interesting or relevant to me (and Serena forgiving him for everything in like five seconds, without even a real apology, was incredibly lame), but Blair and Chuck’s ending was perfection. Loved the proposal, the little moments between them where they looked so happy together, even the quickie wedding with the dramatic dip kiss. And of course, Baby Bass was pretty much the most adorable kid I’ve ever laid eyes on. And actually, I kind of like that Nate ended alone romantically, but professionally successful, because he’s been hopping aimlessly from girl to girl for the entire series. If you think about how he started off in the pilot, it kind of makes sense for him to end up single, at least at age… 26 or so.

29. Cameron says:

I loved that Dan was Gossip Girl. This was perhaps the best episode in over two seasons. So happy that the show left on a high note. I just wish the rest of the last season was so enjoyable. And Kristen Bell with Rachel Bilson was just perfection. Loved the meta in that scene.

30. Pauli says:

As someone who has watched this show for 6 years and seen every episode, I personally loved the finale. GG has certainly had its ups and downs over the years, but I always feel it’s at its best when the main characters are working together, and that was great to see in the last few episodes.

I’m actually a huge fan of both ‘Chair’ and ‘Dair’ (shocking, I know), so I was happy with Chuck and Blair getting married. I loved all the cameos. And I loved loved loved Dan being Gossip Girl.

Over the course of the last 2 or 3 seasons, Dan has somehow managed to become my favorite character, and his storyline was by far the most engaging during this last batch of episodes. I’m sure if we nitpick every single GG blast from the entirety of the series there will be plot holes. But I think as an overall statement, Dan being Gossip Girl makes so much sense, and I can’t believe I didnt think of it years ago.

I mean sure, Dan got off easy, and it would have been great fun getting to actually see the repercussions of him being Gossip Girl, I would have preferred Serena with Nate (or at the very least Nate with someone) instead of Dan, and the Rufus and Lily thing was weird, but overall, I loved it. GG has not always been great, at times it’s been ridiculous and just plain bad, but that overthetop campiness has always been part of it’s appeal to me, and I will miss it.

31. C says:

So many of these comments cracked me up. Really enjoying them. Oh the entertainment GG brings, good and bad.

Did anyone else notice when Chuck asked Cyrus to hurry up to the important part of the wedding b/c the cops were coming that it was a lot like The Princess Bride when Prince Humperdink says “Man and Wife, say Man and Wife!”. Granted Wallace Shawn wasn’t in that scene, but still…

Also, it seemed to me that William smirked right into the camera at us as he was escorting Lily upstairs after the Ivy drama. Kinda cool.

Last week’s episode had me cracking up because it was so bad. This one was fine. Nice ending, whatever. I really liked the first hour tribute. Good stuff.

32. i really want to watch georgina/unccle jack spin off.

33. B says:

I stopped watching the show halfway through season 4 but I knew I had to watch the finale to find out who GG was and who everyone ended up with. I’m really happy that Chair ended up married with a son in the end. They deserve each other and are perfect together. Dan and Serena are another one I really liked seeing finish things off together. As other people have already pointed out they started the show together and they were the first couple I shipped. I thought they were so good together and always hoped they would find their way back to each other. As for Dan being GG I was happy about that too. When I saw the pilot he was my first guess. At the end of the first episode you hear Kristen Bell saying “And who am I? Well that’s one secret I’ll never tell” while they are showing Dan sitting infront of his computer with the GG website on the screen.Not only that but when a teenage boy who sees his girlfriend buying a pregnancy test he will more than likely spaz out whereas when Rufus started questioning Dan about it he was calm and seemed like his response was prepared. I’m sorry but no guy would be that calm when they find out they might be a dad, especially at that age after they just lost their virginity. The one thing I am disappointed about is that Lily and Rufus didn’t end up together. It may have been weird having them and their kids married but they loved each other forever. I guess it’s true that love just isn’t enough. I was also hoping for a Jenny and Nate reunion since I always thought they were cute together but I knew that was wishful thinking.

34. Mike says:

At the end of if all, I thought the finale was well done. It was very refreshing to see an episode I enjoyed do much, which quite frankly hasn’t happened since season three. I liked what they did. Nate ending up alone and Lily ending up the complete idiot she always has been, fits to who they have been as characters. However, if I were writing it to be a fantasy where everyone is happy, I would have had Nate and Serena marry, Lily & Rufus remain a couple, Chuck & Blair stay together, and Dan and Georgina, who’s budding relationship the final season SHOULD have centered on. However, the odds pairings make the finale to me, realistic. You can’t always get what you want, and in the end Lily & Rufus suffered. Finally, can everyone please stop talking about their “history.” It’s a tv show, anything can happen, even in the span of a season. Their relationship disinagrated, get over it. No one seemed to even care about those two from when the show even premiered anyway.

35. Nora says:

I really don’t know how Chuck and Blair just got away with MURDER on a building like that? (They didn’t help him when they could have, that is at LEAST manslaughter) 9/10 has security cameras on the roof. Even if Blair can’t testify, video recording can back it up. Wait, wait… I’m sorry I’m applying logic to gossip girl. Silly me.

• Joy says:

What did they get away with murder or manslaughter? If you watched the finale Jack asked Chuck and Blair about the security cameras and the answer was that Bart had turned them off because he was planning on pushing Chuck off the building. Yes GG isn’t usually logical but that question was answered.

• Maria says:

Well, aside from the fact that risking your own life to save someone who flung themselves off the roof of a building is not actually murder…

• Nora says:

I firmly believe that in this case Chuck should have proven that he is a real man by saving him and with all the evidence sending Bart to jail a ruined man. He’d get eaten alive there. It would be delightful! There is an actual term for abandoning Bart to die on the roof.. I want to say it’s negligent homicide but I’m not entirely sure.

36. Katie says:

I have a lot of opinions on what I thought was just an average finale episode, but I’m trying not to think about it too much, because the more I think about it, the more I kind of hate it.

I do have to say one thing in response to this article: I believe the most ridiculous line of the night goes to Nate, who chided the cop for wanted to question an underage Sage, even though apparently Nate has no problem sleeping with underage Sage..

37. Joy says:

I thought the finale was a great send off. I loved the flashback, Dan and Serena were adorable in it. The reveal of Gossip Girl was really well done. The cameos were a surprise and the Kristin and Rachel moment was very funny. It was great to hear Dan narrate the beginning of him becoming GG and then have everyone their discussing it. Jack, Dorota and Georgina’s one liners were entertaining and it was great to have Eleanor and Cyrus involved. Chuck and Blair were perfect. Starting with them hiding, the proposal, announcing their engagement and their wedding. How could anyone not think Henry Bass wasn’t the cutest kid ever? It was also nice to see Jenny and Eric.

38. Germangirl says:

Does anyone remember Chuck having a mom? I expected her to show up in the great finale..
    You mentioned anything else so far: Rufus and Lily were a big disappointment, Georgina and Jack were the highlight of the episode, Chairs wedding was way to ..short.. and Dan and Serena? Worst storyline ever…

39. lily says:

nate becoming mayor is hilarious. i love it. thank god he didn’t end up with sage. i think the flash forward could have been a little longer, with some more dialogue. we don’t even get to see what chuck does (although i assume he runs bass industries)

40. Sofia says:

Finally this show is over!

It was so bad. No, seriously. Dan being Gossip Girl makes no sense whatsoever. I like that he has acted surprised at Gossip Girl blasts even though he’s been alone in the room at the time. Then again, no one would have made sense as Gossip Girl.

And good for Blair for thinking that Chuck’s abuse is “ancient history” I mean, the main thing is that he’s from the UES amirite? Hew cares about some physical and psychological abuse, getting sold like a prostitute, having your reputation ruined by this man? As long as he’s not an outsider!

Nate as mayor was a nice touch, though, so we could REALLY be reminded how unbelievable this show really is.

And Serena/Blair friendship? Huh? What’s that?

Just … lmao. This show, you guys. We’re finally free from it.

41. tripoli says:

Dull, boring and completely terrible. Whoever told Blake Lively her scraggly, rat’s nest, hair extensions were a good look was lying. She looked so much better in the flashbacks. That’s all I got. Show was just so damn awful.

42. JC says:

It wasn’t a slam dunk for me. The first 20 minutes felt odd but the last 10 minutes made it worth it. I grew up watching this show, obsessing about it for 6 years and now that its over I feel great. Because like Blair said “they can finally grow up” and that is also true for Gossip Girl’s fans we can now grow up and hopefully mature in the process. Good bye Gossip Girl X.O.X.O. :*

43. cas says:

So I was glad Dan and Serena ended up together. I just rewatched season 1 and they were good together. I was disappointed Rufus and Lily didn’t end up together. I mean after 6 seasons of watching them they ended up with different people? Lame. Everything else I liked.

44. puppybunny1 says:

The best part for me was when Darota made Uncle Jack get her a glass of Vodka. That was priceless.

45. Karen says:

I haven’t been a big GG fan these past couple of years, but I just loved the fact that it was Dan who was Gossip Girl. It kinda makes sense. And what a lovely throw-back scene

46. TamIWas says:

Of COURSE Dan was Gossip Girl -he probably squirmed impatiently for two years until he could gleefully report Lonely Boy’s threesome.

47. D. says:

LOVED, loved loved Rachel Bilson and Kristen Bell (they need to work together on something): Loved also Florence’s song and the dan-serena marriage. The rest was dull and boring, as it was the all season.

48. Sarah says:

If you want to be a fan of Gossip Girl you have to accept how awful it can be and just enjoy the crazy because sometimes it is seriously awesome (Hilary Duff threesome, anyone?) A frustrating but great ride. I liked the GG reveal and seeing Dan with his hair cut again. Season 1 seriously ruled and so does Blair Waldorf.

49. Jared says:

I might have seen 2-3 full episodes and even I guessed that Dan was Gossip Girl. Was it really that obvious????

50. Kelly says:

I loved it. The cameos were great and I loved them joking that they thought Dorita was GG. I loved the ending of Dan/Serena and Chuck/Blair/Henry. Jack&Georgina was a nice and interesting pairing. The only sadness was Rufus/Lily and Nate/Jenny did not happen.