Once Upon a Time: A 'Tiny' Teaser to Ponder…

Get More: Scoop

LEE ARENBERG, JARED GILMORE, JENNIFER MORRISONIn the midst of Once Upon a Time‘s five-week holiday hiatus, a small hint of things to come has slipped out of fairytale land.

Series cocreator Adam Horowitz on Saturday afternoon revealed on Twitter that Season 2′s 13th episode will be “Tiny” — as in, that’s the diminutive title of the episode. But what could it mean?

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line Has Scoop on a Once Upon a Time Return

The ABC drama’s sophomore run resumes on Jan. 6, 2013 with “The Cricket Game,” which presumably will involve Archie Hopper’s buggy alter ego. (Per the official synopsis, all eyes are on Regina when “a beloved fairytale land character” goes missing. But maybe the Storybrooke shrink has simply reverted back to his easy-to-overlook insectile form?)

RELATED | Get Scoop on What’s Next for Once Upon a Time‘s Aurora/Mulan

Episode 11, “The Outsider,” likely marks the Storybrooke arrival of either Ethan Embry’s mystery man (get scoop from Ask Ausiello, Question 9) or Neal Cassidy aka Emma’s old flame/babydaddy. Episode 12, “In the Name of the Brother,” as well-reported by TVLine, involves David Anders’ Dr. Victor Frankenstein, his brother Gerhardt (played by Chad Collins) and his father (24‘s Gregory Itzin).

RELATED | Once Upon a Time: Burning Questions Answered About the Show’s Return!

But what could “Tiny” be about? Could it, somewhat ironically, welcome back Lost alum Jorge Garcia as the giant from 2×06? Revolve around one of the flitting fairies? What’s your theory? UPDATE: The “Tiny” mystery has been solved!

As you think, here’s a preview of Once‘s return (courtesy of YouTube.com/TelevisionPromos):

Comments (44)

• Thumbelina?

Comment by Ann – December 15, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I immediately thought Tinker Bell….

Comment by Spencer – December 15, 2012 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s a good theory! I thought Jorge Garcia too but I don’t think there’s a way to explain his return yet. Tinkerbelle would totally make sense, espeially if Baelfire ends up being Peter Pan.

Comment by Elly – December 15, 2012 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto. I call Tink and I called it months ago…

Comment by Loki – December 15, 2012 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If I remember correctly, there were certain characters OUAT could not use due to copyright laws with Disney. I THINK Tinkerbell and Pinocchio were two of them.

Comment by Nicole Kundrat – December 20, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But they do use Pinocchio?

Comment by Jenn – December 21, 2012 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tink! I love her, been waiting for her to show up…

Comment by dazy – December 17, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care about this tiny thing: I WANT GRAHAM BACK!

Comment by Lilly – December 15, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Does the phrase “Seek professional help” mean anything to you? That character is most sincerely dead. Follow Jamie Dornan’s career if you wish, but don’t look for him on OUAT.

Comment by Tara – December 16, 2012 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you! I am so sick of people posting about Graham he was killed off in the 7 episode of season one. I think it is time to move on for these people.

Comment by Butters – December 16, 2012 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The “professional help” comment was uncalled for, imo. But I do agree that people need to move on. Graham died a year ago and while it’s great that some of his fans are still passionate about him comments like this one are getting a bit annoying. I mean, I want some characters from season 1 back as well, but I’m not gonna add the same thing over and over again to the comments of completely unrelated OUAT news bits and articles. If Graham/Jamie D. is all they care about and they “don’t care” about other news why even read them? Why even still watch the show? There’s being passionate, and then there’s being overzealous…

Comment by Nath – December 16, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I still miss Graham, too. Although at this point I’d be almost as happy to have them bring August back. At lease we actually know why Graham’s not around, he didn’t just disappear without an explanation.

Comment by Erin – December 16, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are Mulan and Aurora gone for good? Or will they still appear soon?

Comment by Mark p – December 15, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe that Matt teased a couple weeks back that ONE of them will reappear shortly. Though it may just be in flashbacks for now. Still – there’s story left to tell there, so I’d say there’s a pretty good chance they’ll both pop up again sooner or later.

Comment by wordsmith – December 15, 2012 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yep, the second blue link above: “Get Scoop on What’s Next for Once Upon a Time‘s Aurora/Mulan”

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 16, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I always thought they were trying to do something with the Aurora, Philip, Mulan triangle… But maybe I was wrong.

Comment by James – December 16, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • jee, let’s hope that they are gone! May they look for that stupid prince forever. I cannot handle another tv love triangle.

Comment by astrid – December 15, 2012 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh its always Regina what about Rumple? Its not like she’s the only bad guy in town.

Comment by Max – December 15, 2012 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right as The Hook episode proved, it’s never about Rumple…

Comment by Josh – December 15, 2012 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They don’t always automatically blame Regina. An example is when the town folk went after Red/Ruby because they thought she had killed that Billy guy.

Comment by JJ – December 16, 2012 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, they’re slow enough to not realize Rumple’s been pulling all their strings.

Comment by sara – December 16, 2012 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope they’re only waiting for the Charmings and the other people in town to finally realize that they’ve all been used as pawns in Rumple’s game. It’s a bit silly that he gets a free pass for all the manipulating and playing with the lifes of others to get what he wants with the curse. I mean, I love him. But it is a bit silly.

Comment by Sunny – December 16, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they don’t confront RumpleGold because they are not ready to face him head on. He is the “Dark One” after all.

Comment by Nath – December 16, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So want it to be thumbelina

Comment by craig – December 15, 2012 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Josh Dallas tweeted a picture with Lee Arenberg (Grumpy) and Jorge Garcia (the Giant) both in it, so I feel like Tiny will be the return of Jorge… And he’ll be coming to Storybrook and shrinking down to normal human-size, hence the title?

Comment by Mellie – December 16, 2012 02:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I was thinking.

Comment by Mary – December 16, 2012 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alice in Wonderland maybe?

Comment by Anonymoose – December 16, 2012 02:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I was thinking. I’m willing to bet “Tiny” is written on a potion bottle.

Comment by Steven – December 16, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In regards to Archie turning back into Jiminy Cricket: will the shrink shrink? Has the shrink shrunk? What if the shrink shrank? Who shrunk the shrink? When does the word “shrink” lose all meaning and become a weird sound?

Comment by Shrinker – December 16, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to rain on your parade, but what happens when Archie turns into Jiminy is not shrinking but metamorphosis. He doesn’t “get small’ [thank you Steve Martin], he transforms.

Comment by Tara – December 16, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought what Shrinker said was cute!! He/she wasn’t trying to be technichal about it.

Comment by Kaye – December 16, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Steve Martin “Get Small” LOL!

Comment by Slim – December 16, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I assume Tinkerbell is the same person as Cinderella’s fairy godmother since this show likes to combine characters?

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – December 16, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So…dead?

Comment by sara – December 16, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not necessarily. They’ve already established that there’s a lot of fairies- at least a convent full. While I think Cinderella’s godmother is pretty dead, it is possible that Tink was a fairy from our Fairytale Land that ended up in Neverland. And if you subscribe to the Baelfire/Peter Pan theory- maybe she was SENT there to look after him? It’s all very wibbly wobbly timey whimey

Comment by Lydia – December 16, 2012 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now that we officially know that Cora is the Queen of Hearts, it could also be time to revisit the need for Regina’s rescue mission of her father in Wonderland. Remember he was shrunk down and locked in the heart vault. This leads to Jefferson becoming the Mad Hatter. We do not yet know how her father got captured or how he got to Wonderland.

Comment by Andy – December 16, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there any word on August’s return? I fully expect a lot of yelling from Emma when she finds out he split Neil and her up all those years ago.

Comment by Rae – December 18, 2012 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Colin O’Donohgue’s Hook dies in episode 13. At Vancityfilming.com, look for an article entitled “Once Upon A Time to get out of a Hole”. Jorge Garcia (the giant) will be there too. He kills Hook.

Comment by Anonymous – December 20, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Colin O’Donoghue was made a series regular for the last 9 episodes of season 2 before ABC ordered 9 more episodes

Comment by Anonymous – December 20, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew. I knew it Cora and rumble had a fling and I wouldn’t be.surprise if Regina. Is rumbles Daughter. Why else would rumble let her kiss him. One would think they would have a knock out fight and rumble only cares for is bell and his son. I can’t wait to find out. Both tryed to used her against each other especially rumble. What do you think and remember rumble is a lot older than we think remember when he told Ames only the dark one lives.forever. p.s. what do you supposed happened to the mad hatter. Prince charming step father and regaina flunking the man in the mirror. They just disappeared and Pinocchio. Until we see that love scene between rumble and Cora keep the peace

Comment by Debra mobley – January 21, 2013 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually when someone doesn’t understand then its up to other visitors that they will help, so here it occurs.

Comment by brazzers account generator – March 19, 2013 12:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post