Once Upon a Time: A 'Tiny' Teaser to Ponder...

LEE ARENBERG, JARED GILMORE, JENNIFER MORRISONIn the midst of Once Upon a Time‘s five-week holiday hiatus, a small hint of things to come has slipped out of fairytale land.

Series cocreator Adam Horowitz on Saturday afternoon revealed on Twitter that Season 2′s 13th episode will be “Tiny” — as in, that’s the diminutive title of the episode. But what could it mean?

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line Has Scoop on a Once Upon a Time Return

The ABC drama’s sophomore run resumes on Jan. 6, 2013 with “The Cricket Game,” which presumably will involve Archie Hopper’s buggy alter ego. (Per the official synopsis, all eyes are on Regina when “a beloved fairytale land character” goes missing. But maybe the Storybrooke shrink has simply reverted back to his easy-to-overlook insectile form?)

RELATED | Get Scoop on What’s Next for Once Upon a Time‘s Aurora/Mulan

Episode 11, “The Outsider,” likely marks the Storybrooke arrival of either Ethan Embry’s mystery man (get scoop from Ask Ausiello, Question 9) or Neal Cassidy aka Emma’s old flame/babydaddy. Episode 12, “In the Name of the Brother,” as well-reported by TVLine, involves David Anders’ Dr. Victor Frankenstein, his brother Gerhardt (played by Chad Collins) and his father (24‘s Gregory Itzin).

RELATED | Once Upon a Time: Burning Questions Answered About the Show’s Return!

But what could “Tiny” be about? Could it, somewhat ironically, welcome back Lost alum Jorge Garcia as the giant from 2×06? Revolve around one of the flitting fairies? What’s your theory? UPDATE: The “Tiny” mystery has been solved!

As you think, here’s a preview of Once‘s return (courtesy of YouTube.com/TelevisionPromos):

1. Ann says:

Thumbelina?

2. Spencer says:

I immediately thought Tinker Bell….

3. Lilly says:

I don’t care about this tiny thing: I WANT GRAHAM BACK!

• Tara says:

Does the phrase “Seek professional help” mean anything to you? That character is most sincerely dead. Follow Jamie Dornan’s career if you wish, but don’t look for him on OUAT.

• Butters says:

Thank you! I am so sick of people posting about Graham he was killed off in the 7 episode of season one. I think it is time to move on for these people.

• Nath says:

The “professional help” comment was uncalled for, imo. But I do agree that people need to move on. Graham died a year ago and while it’s great that some of his fans are still passionate about him comments like this one are getting a bit annoying. I mean, I want some characters from season 1 back as well, but I’m not gonna add the same thing over and over again to the comments of completely unrelated OUAT news bits and articles. If Graham/Jamie D. is all they care about and they “don’t care” about other news why even read them? Why even still watch the show? There’s being passionate, and then there’s being overzealous…

• Erin says:

I still miss Graham, too. Although at this point I’d be almost as happy to have them bring August back. At lease we actually know why Graham’s not around, he didn’t just disappear without an explanation.

4. Mark p says:

Are Mulan and Aurora gone for good? Or will they still appear soon?

• wordsmith says:

I believe that Matt teased a couple weeks back that ONE of them will reappear shortly. Though it may just be in flashbacks for now. Still – there’s story left to tell there, so I’d say there’s a pretty good chance they’ll both pop up again sooner or later.

• astrid says:

jee, let’s hope that they are gone! May they look for that stupid prince forever. I cannot handle another tv love triangle.

5. Max says:

Ugh its always Regina what about Rumple? Its not like she’s the only bad guy in town.

• Josh says:

Right as The Hook episode proved, it’s never about Rumple…

• JJ says:

They don’t always automatically blame Regina. An example is when the town folk went after Red/Ruby because they thought she had killed that Billy guy.

• sara says:

Well, they’re slow enough to not realize Rumple’s been pulling all their strings.

• Sunny says:

I hope they’re only waiting for the Charmings and the other people in town to finally realize that they’ve all been used as pawns in Rumple’s game. It’s a bit silly that he gets a free pass for all the manipulating and playing with the lifes of others to get what he wants with the curse. I mean, I love him. But it is a bit silly.

• Nath says:

I think they don’t confront RumpleGold because they are not ready to face him head on. He is the “Dark One” after all.

6. craig says:

So want it to be thumbelina

7. Mellie says:

Josh Dallas tweeted a picture with Lee Arenberg (Grumpy) and Jorge Garcia (the Giant) both in it, so I feel like Tiny will be the return of Jorge… And he’ll be coming to Storybrook and shrinking down to normal human-size, hence the title?

8. Anonymoose says:

Alice in Wonderland maybe?

9. Shrinker says:

In regards to Archie turning back into Jiminy Cricket: will the shrink shrink? Has the shrink shrunk? What if the shrink shrank? Who shrunk the shrink? When does the word “shrink” lose all meaning and become a weird sound?

10. Britta Unfiltered says:

I assume Tinkerbell is the same person as Cinderella’s fairy godmother since this show likes to combine characters?

• sara says:

So…dead?

• Lydia says:

Not necessarily. They’ve already established that there’s a lot of fairies- at least a convent full. While I think Cinderella’s godmother is pretty dead, it is possible that Tink was a fairy from our Fairytale Land that ended up in Neverland. And if you subscribe to the Baelfire/Peter Pan theory- maybe she was SENT there to look after him? It’s all very wibbly wobbly timey whimey

11. Andy says:

Now that we officially know that Cora is the Queen of Hearts, it could also be time to revisit the need for Regina’s rescue mission of her father in Wonderland. Remember he was shrunk down and locked in the heart vault. This leads to Jefferson becoming the Mad Hatter. We do not yet know how her father got captured or how he got to Wonderland.

12. Rae says:

Is there any word on August’s return? I fully expect a lot of yelling from Emma when she finds out he split Neil and her up all those years ago.

13. Anonymous says:

Colin O’Donohgue’s Hook dies in episode 13. At Vancityfilming.com, look for an article entitled “Once Upon A Time to get out of a Hole”. Jorge Garcia (the giant) will be there too. He kills Hook.

14. Debra mobley says:

I knew. I knew it Cora and rumble had a fling and I wouldn’t be.surprise if Regina. Is rumbles Daughter. Why else would rumble let her kiss him. One would think they would have a knock out fight and rumble only cares for is bell and his son. I can’t wait to find out. Both tryed to used her against each other especially rumble. What do you think and remember rumble is a lot older than we think remember when he told Ames only the dark one lives.forever. p.s. what do you supposed happened to the mad hatter. Prince charming step father and regaina flunking the man in the mirror. They just disappeared and Pinocchio. Until we see that love scene between rumble and Cora keep the peace

15. Actually when someone doesn’t understand then its up to other visitors that they will help, so here it occurs.