LOL Colbert Report Video: Breaking Abbey Mashes Up Two Critical Darlings

Get More: Video

Either the Albuquerque drug scene has gotten really civilized, or Downton Abbey is in worse shape than we thought.

See for yourself in the uncensored snippet of Thursday’s edition of Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report, in which host Stephen Colbert – mad that First Lady Michelle Obama was able to watch the series’ third season in advance of its Jan. 6 premiere — offered up a Downton Abbey/Breaking Bad mash-up.

RELATED | It’s True: Dan Stevens Poised to Exit Downton Abbey — Should His Role Be Recast?

The segment features the Brit hit’s Hugh Bonneville, Rob James-Collier and Jim Carter — plus another unexpected but oddly perfect guest, but we won’t spoil it for you.

Hit PLAY on the video below and then, if you’re not tweaking too hard for the “black chamomile crank,” hit the comments: What other shows would you like to see Colbert & Co. mess with?

The Colbert Report Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Uncensored – Breaking Abbey
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes Political Humor & Satire Blog Video Archive

Comments (13)

• wow… i dont watch any of these 3 shows… but that was intense. rofl.

Comment by Danielle H – December 14, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG…Really needed a laugh today. That was amazing!

Comment by Sheryl – December 14, 2012 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love all three of these shows. Stephen definitely knows how to do parodies right.

Comment by Erin – December 14, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was funny! Thanks for posting. Was that Mark Consuelos in there? Stephen should mass up Community with Mad Men (since Alison Brie already does both shows anyway). I think Jeff as Don Draper and Britta as Peggy and Troy as Roger and the Dean as Megan would be hilarious. Just picture the Dean singing Zou Bisou Bisou and try not to smile.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – December 14, 2012 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be brilliant. I would LOVE to see that :D.
      Stephen’s show never fails to make me laugh. This was a fantastic mashup.

Comment by Angela – December 14, 2012 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that was the best thing in the world.

Comment by fiyero – December 15, 2012 01:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was the most intense belly laugh I’ve enjoyed in ages! Kudos to Mark Consuelos for his Tuco performance I was genuinely frightened by him and his little pinkie!
    Three shows I love enormously coming together to create this little gem – I could not have dreamed it up myself.

Comment by Alex – December 15, 2012 02:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would watch this show for real, please someone make it happen

Comment by chuckles – December 15, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bloody brilliant!

Comment by charissa29 – December 16, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hilarious

Comment by EveatEden – December 17, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was the funniest thing I’ve seen on TV in a long time! Hilarious! Well done!!

Comment by Bethany – December 20, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg…so bloody brilliant!

Comment by m.t.mask – January 10, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can die and go to heaven now, with my 3 favorite shows coming together in one hilarious skit! Only thing that would’ve made it pitch-perfect? If Bryan Cranston himself showed up. Thank you, Stephen! I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time. Hmmm, another mash-up I’d love to see is THE WALKING DEAD mashed up BOARDWALK EMPIRE…

Comment by LeAnne – February 24, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post