Showtime's House of Lies Recruits Adam Brody for Buzzy Guest Stint

Get More: Casting News

adam brody This news should have you vibrating with excitement: The O.C. alum Adam Brody is moving into House of Lies.

The man formerly known as Seth Cohen will play the owner of an adult-toy company, Showtime announced Thursday via Tumblr. Over the course of two episodes, he’ll form a relationship with Jeannie, played by series regular Kristen Bell.

RELATED | Lisa Edelstein Books Arc on House of Lies

Brody has stuck mainly to movies since The O.C. wrapped in 2007. His recent film work includes The Oranges and Seeking a Friend for the End of the World.

No word yet on when Brody’s episodes will air. The series — whose lead, Don Cheadle, was nominated for a 2013 Golden Globe Thursday – debuts its second season on Sunday, Jan. 13 at 10/9c.

Comments (12)

• I really found the first couple episodes hard to enjoy, but I love the cast and I love Adam Brody… I might have to try watching again.

Comment by a – December 13, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Veronica Mars and Seth Cohen together!?! As a TV nerd this is a dream come true

Comment by gary – December 13, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve only seen episodes 1 and 2 and couldn’t get into it.. I guess I’ll give it another try when I have time.. Veronica Mars and Seth Cohen sharing the screen, awesome!

Comment by dee – December 13, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved Seth Cohen but have loved Adam Brody since Dave Ragalski!

Comment by april-ann – December 13, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “I read the entire Bible in one night, Mrs. Kim!”

Comment by Betsy – December 13, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL Betsy!!

Comment by april-ann – December 13, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hated the episode of this show that I watched. But Adam Brody and Kristen Bell together?! I’m in.

Comment by Josh Emerson – December 13, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would watch any show that brings these two together. Don’t know what its about but I’m in

Comment by lisa – December 13, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t seen this show ever… But if he’s in it, I’ll start watching.

Comment by Babybop – December 13, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like I’m reiterating everyone elses comments but… I also watched the first 2 episodes and didn’t thoroughly enjoy it.
    Cast is awesome though and adam brody back! And with kristen man I’m forced to watch now.

Comment by jenny – December 13, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of my absolute favorite shows and my biggest high school celebrity crush are coming together as one?? Oh my, it seems I have exploded from sheer joy.

Comment by erin – December 13, 2012 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw both episodes and believed they were consistent with last seasons in every way. The only thing that was revealed more was the potential intimate relationship between the two co workers. Some may hide their true opinion about this but… I say… It’s a TV show. Control what you can in your personal life.

Comment by Fred Miller – January 22, 2013 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post