Gossip Girl Series Finale Spoiler Alert: The Real Gossip Girl (Kinda, Sorta) Unmasked!

Gossip Girl‘s six-year run comes to an end Monday, but not before viewers get an answer to the question for which the CW soap will always be known: Who the frak is Gossip Girl?!

To help you prep you for the main event, a two-hour farewell that includes a retrospective with the cast, TVLine’s elite detective squad narrowed the list possible suspects down to 13.

PHOTOS | Gossip Girl Finale First Look: Weddings, Comebacks and Scheming — Oh, My!

Yep, one of the faces you’re about to see belongs to the elusive scoopmonger.

Scroll through the gallery below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Which do you think Gossip Girl is?

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Burning Questions, Scoop

1. Tom says:

So everybody?

2. Jen says:

Kristen Bell’s character probably

3. Taylah says:

So, basically, pretty much everyone. Well that was helpful, TVLine.

4. Dave says:

Sheraton. Definitely Sheraton.

5. courtney says:

Jenny or Dorota!!!

6. As long as it’s not a big anti-climax and actually makes sense, I’ll be happy although I’m doubtful.

• aeg says:

I feel exactly the same way. I don’t want it to be some random character we don’t care about like K-Bell (much as I love her and am excited for her cameo) or Juliet. And, if it’s a character we are supposed to like and hold close to our hearts (e.g. Serena, Blair, Dan, Nate or Chuck), I want it to turn out that Gossip Girl actually had good intentions (even if her/his methods were sometimes pretty twisted). This reveal has the potential to be brilliant, but if it’s done poorly, the show is going to end on a sour note.

• Erica C. says:

Agree! I ruled out Jenny,Eric,K-Bell, Juliet, but watch me be totally wrong.

• aeg says:

I actually wouldn’t mind it being jenny or eric so much. I think there are.ways that either of those characters could be explained and they aren’t just random guest stars either. Juliet makes no sense. Serena was on gg’s radar before she went to boarding school, which is when their families first crossed paths.

7. Tom says:

But if it’s Penelope, Kristen Bell, Georgina, or Juliet, then this entire series would be a waste of time. Especially Penelope. WTF

8. lol…Kristen Bell…seriously? I know Kristen Bell does the voice of Gossip Girl, but Kristen Bell is NOT GOSSIP GIRL!! It could be Dan though…he’s sneakier than a rat

9. Lauren says:

I’ve always said it would end up being Penelope! I hope they don’t make it be Dorota =( – surprised Nelly didn’t make the list!

10. Svenja says:

I think it’s Juliet. Sadly. I hope it’s one of the bigger characters. Not Kristen Bell, the voice, or any other minor character.

• Erica C. says:

I see what you are saying, and if it is a big character it’s Dan. They better not have made it Dorota, for one it would ruin her and Blair’s relationship which she is Blair’s other mother. I remember her saying about Blair being in diapers in an episode( in one of the earlier seasons). I have seen a few interviews video and written where they asked the actors who they though who Gossip Girl is and they all say Dorota, minus Chase “Nate” who said he and Dorota could be a team. I am hearing flashbacks and flash forwards, there will be be a lot going on in two hours.

11. Angie says:

I know for a fact that it’s Dan

12. DAN. or Dorota…xD or Kristen Bell.

13. George says:

This is honestly the only thing in the finale I’m looking forward, and I expect the answer to be underwhelming :(

14. Well… that was a helpful “spoiler”.

15. kate says:

the only one of those where i’d be truly shocked is if it were chuck. penelope would be hilarious.

16. K2 says:

It’s totally Dorota! LOL

(Though in reality it will likely wind up being Dan)

17. Max Ands says:

So sad. I was hoping for Vanya or Lily :/

18. betsy says:

i’ve been saying it’s dorota for a long time. please dear gossip girl, let it be true.

19. Danielle says:

I think it’s Dan. He keeps saying he has a plan and always has. It would fit.

20. Jenny & maybe Dan took over for some time or he just found out about it & didn’t reveal it so he can protect his sister.

21. C says:

Penelope was in there. Does that mean Amanda Setton’s gonna be in the finale?!?!

• aeg says:

I don’t think she was on set, but I’m hoping it was one of the things that was being kept under wraps. I would love to have Amanda Setton and Jessica Szohr back for the finale.

22. Annie-C says:

Dorota would make sense. Actually would be a good idea. With the whole storyline of Serena being GG, I think she hasn’t been the rest of the time.

• Lacy says:

I think its Vanessa someone who was close to Dan and how he would know and how he said “he’s had a plan this entire time” which is why he is now going to expose vanessa

23. Wow Nate will be pretty Natefused if he finds out he is Gossip Girl…

24. Chir says:

When Dan was introduced to give that speech about Bart[Chuck] the guy said: It’s my honour to present to you the number one chronicler of Manhattan’s elite.

Gossip Girl is the so called one and only source into the scandalous lives of Manhattan’s elite right?
    My guess lies with one of the Humphrey siblings, leaning mostly towards Dan.
    I’d be really disappointed if it turned out to be Juliet, Dorotha or Kristen Bell.

25. so says:

spoiler: it’s serena, she has been suffering from multiple personality disorder, and it is revealed in the flash forward that it is her telling her therapist while she is the psych ward! jajajaja ;)

• aeg says:

Hahaha. This is why it would make no sense for it to be Serena or Nate. Remember in 5×22 when Serena ‘tracked’ GG’s phone to the brothel? Well, turns out she was just tracking herself and the phone was in the back pocket of her jeans the whole time. Or when Nate was texting Gossip Girl to find out what happened in Chuck and Blair’s car accident? Yeah, he was sending messages from his personal phone to his business phone and immediately replying to himself. (I will cry if this happens)

26. Dorota or Kristen Bell! Long shot Penelope! :)

27. Char says:

So Gossip Girl is someone on the show. Wow great reveal.

28. Would it be great if they did a flashback of all the characters’ major storylines and they did a pan of the background crown and there was Kristen Bell behind, like, a tree.

29. Sarah says:

I think it’s Dan, he has more chances or maybe Jenny. Or both. But it could be Eric.
    Or maybe it’s just a guest star, like Juliet, but that would be disappointing.

30. Maria says:

Ah, I so hope it’s Kristen Bell :)

31. Jeff says:

I think Bort is alive. Needs to get some of those wrinkles filled in though. Maybe some of Lilly’s botox would help.

32. renee says:

we can eliminate georgina and serena, since they both took it over last year and saw how hard it was to maintain. it’s not nate since he’s been trying to figure it out for years and wants to post it to save the spectator. it’s not blair because she would never post her diary. i don’t think dorota would betray blair like that. as for dan, why would he send the video of chuck/blair at the wedding to gossip girl if he knew someone had stolen his password? plus, how was the video at the pink party posted while he was with blair? why would he embarass himself by posting blair’s diary? i think dan’s “plan” is post-blair. it has to do with the articles.

i hope it’s jenny. it fits her character and usually the tips she sent benefited her. it would be great payback. i think it also could be eric, juliet, or possibly even chuck. he does like to keep tabs on people.

however, i’m prepared to be disappointed and for the writers to just choose someone with no reguard for the past seasons. that seems to be a recurring theme for season 6 anyway. retcon all the way through.

33. Grace says:

Kristen Bell or Penelope! Though it would be hilarious if it was Dan.

34. Irish Man 12 says:

I think it’ll be either Dorota, Dan, Georgina, or Juliet, with my main guess being Dan.

35. Katie says:

At this point, I don’t really care who it is, I just want to know!
    And then once I do know, I’ll complain about it or admit to always suspecting them.
    Bring on the finale, CW!

36. Ari says:

Oh Blair, that wedding dress is so much more what I pictured than the rag she wore to marry the prince. So elegant and classy with beautifully done hair and makeup.

37. Patricia says:

I think it’s going to be Dan but it would be Awsome if it was Dorota

38. ctmcgrath says:

Veronica Mars, obviously. Who else could pull this off?

39. nickrnz says:

Why would they put Penelope in the photos at all? Its so Penelope. What a disappointment!

40. Sarahii says:

I would love it to be Dorota.

41. Jonesy says:

I’m guessing it’s Penelope, since it’s so random to see her in there with those other more regular characters. That would be pretty lame though, so I hope not. I’ve always hoped that Dorota was GG.

42. jenzo says:

Nelly Yuki is not in the finale? Sucks.

43. Tinkerbelle says:

Serena, and Dan figured it out hence his masterplan. He will give her the creative rights or something to the movie deal he has inked at the beginning of ep 9 so that she can finally own/take control of her own story (embracing her power).

44. Betty Penelope says:

I have always thought it was Vanessa

45. William says:

At this point I want Kristen Bell to be Gossip Girl. It wouldn’t make any sense for one of the leads to take on such a role. Then again, when it comes to contradiction the writers have it down to a T.

46. J says:

I’m guessing it’s a random person in the background of the last pic

47. Kaydee says:

Kristen Bell!! Duh!

48. Zilio says:

WAKE UP people! It’s VANESSA!

49. Cam says:

I hope it’s Dan or Chuck. It would be super hilarious and.ridiculous, like the show.