Gossip Girl Series Finale Spoiler Alert: The Real Gossip Girl (Kinda, Sorta) Unmasked!

Gossip Girl‘s six-year run comes to an end Monday, but not before viewers get an answer to the question for which the CW soap will always be known: Who the frak is Gossip Girl?!

To help you prep you for the main event, a two-hour farewell that includes a retrospective with the cast, TVLine’s elite detective squad narrowed the list possible suspects down to 13.

PHOTOS | Gossip Girl Finale First Look: Weddings, Comebacks and Scheming — Oh, My!

Yep, one of the faces you’re about to see belongs to the elusive scoopmonger.

Scroll through the gallery below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Which do you think Gossip Girl is?

Comments (125)

• So everybody?

Comment by Tom – December 13, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dan’s final chapter is where he admits he’s Gossip Girl.
      It’s the same chapter he put in Serena’s luggage so Serena will come back and deal with it.

Comment by Leo – December 13, 2012 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have seen this somewhere else, but i think this would be neat as well. If it Gossip Girl is Dan but you know how the voice has always been a girl( Kristin Bell) it changes to Dans’

Comment by Erica C. – December 14, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But the second Serena chapter was supposed to be a lovey dovey chapter. Dan having been GG the entire time would totally make Serena hate him.

Comment by S – December 15, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So dan is gossip girl?

Comment by angel – December 17, 2012 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I always thought it might be geargina

Comment by thdruyu – January 13, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristen Bell’s character probably

Comment by Jen – December 13, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, basically, pretty much everyone. Well that was helpful, TVLine.

Comment by Taylah – December 13, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sheraton. Definitely Sheraton.

Comment by Dave – December 13, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jenny or Dorota!!!

Comment by courtney – December 13, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as it’s not a big anti-climax and actually makes sense, I’ll be happy although I’m doubtful.

Comment by Kendal Walworth (@Kendal_) – December 13, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel exactly the same way. I don’t want it to be some random character we don’t care about like K-Bell (much as I love her and am excited for her cameo) or Juliet. And, if it’s a character we are supposed to like and hold close to our hearts (e.g. Serena, Blair, Dan, Nate or Chuck), I want it to turn out that Gossip Girl actually had good intentions (even if her/his methods were sometimes pretty twisted). This reveal has the potential to be brilliant, but if it’s done poorly, the show is going to end on a sour note.

Comment by aeg – December 13, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree! I ruled out Jenny,Eric,K-Bell, Juliet, but watch me be totally wrong.

Comment by Erica C. – December 14, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I actually wouldn’t mind it being jenny or eric so much. I think there are.ways that either of those characters could be explained and they aren’t just random guest stars either. Juliet makes no sense. Serena was on gg’s radar before she went to boarding school, which is when their families first crossed paths.

Comment by aeg – December 14, 2012 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But if it’s Penelope, Kristen Bell, Georgina, or Juliet, then this entire series would be a waste of time. Especially Penelope. WTF

Comment by Tom – December 13, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol…Kristen Bell…seriously? I know Kristen Bell does the voice of Gossip Girl, but Kristen Bell is NOT GOSSIP GIRL!! It could be Dan though…he’s sneakier than a rat

Comment by Krystal Dannielle (@KrysDannielle) – December 13, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve always said it would end up being Penelope! I hope they don’t make it be Dorota =( – surprised Nelly didn’t make the list!

Comment by Lauren – December 13, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Juliet. Sadly. I hope it’s one of the bigger characters. Not Kristen Bell, the voice, or any other minor character.

Comment by Svenja – December 13, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I see what you are saying, and if it is a big character it’s Dan. They better not have made it Dorota, for one it would ruin her and Blair’s relationship which she is Blair’s other mother. I remember her saying about Blair being in diapers in an episode( in one of the earlier seasons). I have seen a few interviews video and written where they asked the actors who they though who Gossip Girl is and they all say Dorota, minus Chase “Nate” who said he and Dorota could be a team. I am hearing flashbacks and flash forwards, there will be be a lot going on in two hours.

Comment by Erica C. – December 14, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know for a fact that it’s Dan

Comment by Angie – December 13, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For a fact? Elaborate?

Comment by sarahii – December 13, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, please do!

Comment by Stamanah – December 13, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It would make sense that its Dan since he needed material for his book.

Comment by Nirali – December 13, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAN. or Dorota…xD or Kristen Bell.

Comment by Marti Pelczynska (@ladyxmacbeth) – December 13, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is honestly the only thing in the finale I’m looking forward, and I expect the answer to be underwhelming :(

Comment by George – December 13, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well… that was a helpful “spoiler”.

Comment by Call me Derpina! (@tone_ofsurprise) – December 13, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the only one of those where i’d be truly shocked is if it were chuck. penelope would be hilarious.

Comment by kate – December 13, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s totally Dorota! LOL

(Though in reality it will likely wind up being Dan)

Comment by K2 – December 13, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad. I was hoping for Vanya or Lily :/

Comment by Max Ands – December 13, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’ve been saying it’s dorota for a long time. please dear gossip girl, let it be true.

Comment by betsy – December 13, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Dan. He keeps saying he has a plan and always has. It would fit.

Comment by Danielle – December 13, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jenny & maybe Dan took over for some time or he just found out about it & didn’t reveal it so he can protect his sister.

Comment by ChuckBlairHenryBass (@Christiana_Dets) – December 13, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penelope was in there. Does that mean Amanda Setton’s gonna be in the finale?!?!

Comment by C – December 13, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think she was on set, but I’m hoping it was one of the things that was being kept under wraps. I would love to have Amanda Setton and Jessica Szohr back for the finale.

Comment by aeg – December 13, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dorota would make sense. Actually would be a good idea. With the whole storyline of Serena being GG, I think she hasn’t been the rest of the time.

Comment by Annie-C – December 13, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think its Vanessa someone who was close to Dan and how he would know and how he said “he’s had a plan this entire time” which is why he is now going to expose vanessa

Comment by Lacy – December 17, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow Nate will be pretty Natefused if he finds out he is Gossip Girl…

Comment by Rebecca (@becky_cha) – December 13, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LMFAO. Natefused. So true.

Comment by Katie – December 13, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When Dan was introduced to give that speech about Bart[Chuck] the guy said: It’s my honour to present to you the number one chronicler of Manhattan’s elite.

Gossip Girl is the so called one and only source into the scandalous lives of Manhattan’s elite right?
    My guess lies with one of the Humphrey siblings, leaning mostly towards Dan.
    I’d be really disappointed if it turned out to be Juliet, Dorotha or Kristen Bell.

Comment by Chir – December 13, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • spoiler: it’s serena, she has been suffering from multiple personality disorder, and it is revealed in the flash forward that it is her telling her therapist while she is the psych ward! jajajaja ;)

Comment by so – December 13, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha. This is why it would make no sense for it to be Serena or Nate. Remember in 5×22 when Serena ‘tracked’ GG’s phone to the brothel? Well, turns out she was just tracking herself and the phone was in the back pocket of her jeans the whole time. Or when Nate was texting Gossip Girl to find out what happened in Chuck and Blair’s car accident? Yeah, he was sending messages from his personal phone to his business phone and immediately replying to himself. (I will cry if this happens)

Comment by aeg – December 13, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dorota or Kristen Bell! Long shot Penelope! :)

Comment by Josh Hayden (@JoshHaydenJH) – December 13, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Gossip Girl is someone on the show. Wow great reveal.

Comment by Char – December 13, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would it be great if they did a flashback of all the characters’ major storylines and they did a pan of the background crown and there was Kristen Bell behind, like, a tree.

Comment by someboysphotography1 – December 13, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Dan, he has more chances or maybe Jenny. Or both. But it could be Eric.
    Or maybe it’s just a guest star, like Juliet, but that would be disappointing.

Comment by Sarah – December 13, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah, I so hope it’s Kristen Bell :)

Comment by Maria – December 13, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Bort is alive. Needs to get some of those wrinkles filled in though. Maybe some of Lilly’s botox would help.

Comment by Jeff – December 13, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • we can eliminate georgina and serena, since they both took it over last year and saw how hard it was to maintain. it’s not nate since he’s been trying to figure it out for years and wants to post it to save the spectator. it’s not blair because she would never post her diary. i don’t think dorota would betray blair like that. as for dan, why would he send the video of chuck/blair at the wedding to gossip girl if he knew someone had stolen his password? plus, how was the video at the pink party posted while he was with blair? why would he embarass himself by posting blair’s diary? i think dan’s “plan” is post-blair. it has to do with the articles.

i hope it’s jenny. it fits her character and usually the tips she sent benefited her. it would be great payback. i think it also could be eric, juliet, or possibly even chuck. he does like to keep tabs on people.

however, i’m prepared to be disappointed and for the writers to just choose someone with no reguard for the past seasons. that seems to be a recurring theme for season 6 anyway. retcon all the way through.

Comment by renee – December 13, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristen Bell or Penelope! Though it would be hilarious if it was Dan.

Comment by Grace – December 13, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’ll be either Dorota, Dan, Georgina, or Juliet, with my main guess being Dan.

Comment by Irish Man 12 – December 13, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At this point, I don’t really care who it is, I just want to know!
    And then once I do know, I’ll complain about it or admit to always suspecting them.
    Bring on the finale, CW!

Comment by Katie – December 13, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are inside of my head, lol..
      Vanessa anyone? I forgot about her! I don’t even know where she is!

Comment by Meela – December 13, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Blair, that wedding dress is so much more what I pictured than the rag she wore to marry the prince. So elegant and classy with beautifully done hair and makeup.

Comment by Ari – December 13, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dumpty…

Comment by dtse – December 13, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s going to be Dan but it would be Awsome if it was Dorota

Comment by Patricia – December 13, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Veronica Mars, obviously. Who else could pull this off?

Comment by ctmcgrath – December 13, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why would they put Penelope in the photos at all? Its so Penelope. What a disappointment!

Comment by nickrnz – December 13, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love it to be Dorota.

Comment by Sarahii – December 13, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing it’s Penelope, since it’s so random to see her in there with those other more regular characters. That would be pretty lame though, so I hope not. I’ve always hoped that Dorota was GG.

Comment by Jonesy – December 13, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nelly Yuki is not in the finale? Sucks.

Comment by jenzo – December 13, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Serena, and Dan figured it out hence his masterplan. He will give her the creative rights or something to the movie deal he has inked at the beginning of ep 9 so that she can finally own/take control of her own story (embracing her power).

Comment by Tinkerbelle – December 13, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have always thought it was Vanessa

Comment by Betty Penelope – December 13, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At this point I want Kristen Bell to be Gossip Girl. It wouldn’t make any sense for one of the leads to take on such a role. Then again, when it comes to contradiction the writers have it down to a T.

Comment by William – December 13, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing it’s a random person in the background of the last pic

Comment by J – December 13, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristen Bell!! Duh!

Comment by Kaydee – December 13, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WAKE UP people! It’s VANESSA!

Comment by Zilio – December 13, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it’s Dan or Chuck. It would be super hilarious and.ridiculous, like the show.

Comment by Cam – December 13, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post