Golden Globe Nods 2013: The 24 Biggest Snubs!

The best thing about this year’s Golden Globe nominations: Celebrating your TV favorites that got nods.

The second best thing about this year’s Golden Globe nominations: Throwing a hissy about your TV favorites that were left in the cold.

RELATED | Golden Globe Nominations: The Complete List

We feel you, TVLine readers. Our ire is up, too! So click through our gallery of this year’s snubbed shows and actors, then fill the comments with your whipped-up frustration: Which series and players do you think were cheated out of recognition?

More Golden Globes 2013 Coverage on TVLine.com: Michael Ausiello’s Snappy Judgments

Comments (138)

• ANDREW FREAKING LINCOLN!

Comment by omabin – December 13, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How the f word Emmy Rossum hasn’t won this damn thing before?! Hell, she wasn’t even nominated! She’s everything HFPA goes for: young, hot and on a hip and cool cable show. Why haven’t they gone for her yet? Is it because her show is airing in January and they simply are forgetting about it?

Comment by Jinjeon – December 13, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • with so many great names on the snubbed list it seems like it’s the esteemed and honorable list that people should aspire to be in. As i said many great shows but if i had to choose one name it would be jennifer carpenter on dexter that i learned to like a lot this year. i think she did great work this year.

Comment by thedarkwhatever – December 13, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parks and Rec!! FOR SHAME

Comment by sara – December 13, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone and everything on Justified?!

Comment by Tine – December 13, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nick Offerman! For the love of all that is wood and bacon! Why has he never been nominated?!

Comment by Dan – December 13, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does Madeleine Stowe always get singled out when Emily VanCamp delivers the far superior performance?

Comment by dude – December 13, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emily VanCamp???…Please she wishes she had half the acting talent of Madeleine Stowe.

Comment by Monica – December 13, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh really??!! I’m Italian and since I’m not in the USA, I don’t know which is the way of thinking of these nods…but Scandal with Kerry Washington&Tony Goldwyn?!?!?!? and Robert Carlyle of OUAT??? really?!!? so sad!

Comment by Blacky – December 13, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Game of Thrones got robbed as did Peter Drinklage…

Comment by Spycig – December 13, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really think Justified and Timothy Olyphant were the biggest snubs, but I’m starting to sound like a broken record on that issue, so I’ll just shut up about it now.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – December 13, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sandra Oh. Grey’s Anatomy. I’ve watched most of the shows represented here. And the nominees for best actress, no one compares to the versatility and mastery of Sandra Oh. She never, ever misfires. She is consistently excellent. These awards are a sham. How many times are Julianna and Archie going to get nominated. Neither of them are great. Good, but not great compared to the talent that’s out there and continues to be unrecognized. This is all political. Period. This is not about talent. This is about sending a message. For shame…

Comment by Ana – December 13, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • really? are you saying that Julliana isn’t great? Shame…

Comment by Amadeu – December 13, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Castle :(

Comment by Isabella Whitton (@Castlelover1212) – December 13, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grrrr so tired of SOA being overlooked!

Comment by Ashley – December 13, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do you people, including the entire team on this website, persist in perpetuating the mournful fallacy that the Golden Globes have anything to do with what the population of the United States watches?! IT DOESN’T and NEVER WILL!!

Comment by Kiki – December 13, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It makes me physically ill that there is no nomination for Jennifer Carpenter. If she doesn’t get an Emmy nod for her work this season, my head is going to spin around and explode and confetti will shoot out of it. And PARENTHOOD. Come ON. Brilliant writing, brilliant acting, brilliant directing, some of the best work on TV right now. Also It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia is the funniest, strangest show on TV and it deserves to be taken seriously as good comedy. It just gets harder and harder to take these award shows seriously when the same people get nominated and great talent is ignored.

Comment by Brigette – December 13, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is Jack Huston from Boardwalk Empire never nominated??

Comment by Amy – December 13, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monica Potter and Peter Krause SERIOUSLY deserved some love…that was a huge snub!

Comment by angelblue1772 – December 13, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not really. The Golden Globes are voted on by journalists from other countries who write about the television shows the people in their countries watch. I’ve checked a few sites and have not found one which indicates Parenthood has been sold for broadcast in foreign markets.

Comment by Kiki – December 13, 2012 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not going to list the snubs, but instead say my thanks that some of the shows I like got noms. Modern Family is always my favorite, and The Newsroom got a nod! Obviously, I’d have liked to see something for Once Upon a Time or Revenge, and someone I actually want to root for in the lead actress category, but I’m satisfied with what’s here.
    The problem is you all watch so much TV, there’s always going to be snubs!

Comment by nick1372 – December 13, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish the supporting cast of The Office and Parks and Recreation got a little more love.

Comment by fiyero – December 13, 2012 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scandal, Dexter, Person of Interest, Parenthood and their actors and actresses. And the amazing John Noble for Fringe and the subtle Sandra Oh for Grey’s Anatomy (the only reason I’m still watching it).

Comment by Annika – December 13, 2012 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know it’s a ridiculous long shot but I wish Jensen Ackles would get recognized. He is amazing.

Comment by Ella – December 13, 2012 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He really is incredibly talented, but he’s on the CW, so I doubt he will. It really sucks, because he is a great actor.

Comment by Emily – December 16, 2012 03:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awards won’t ever made us happy, The critics can’t watch every single series on TV but, anyway, I think it is a crime not to see neither “Treme” among the nominees nor any of the actors.

I like “Smash” but it is nominated and not “30 Rock”, really?? And, I believe Sandra Oh should be recognized for the great performance she’s doing on “Grey’s Anatomy”.

I hope I can watch the awards from my country because sure both Tina and Amy are hilarious presenting them.

Comment by Amaia – December 14, 2012 01:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ellen Pompeo is an amazing actress she deserves all the awards becausa simply she is that good!!!

Comment by Ellen PomPeo Rocks – December 14, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think lea michele should be nominated, have you seen the episode in which she broke up with Cory Monteith (FINN) If you haven’t watch it is the episode 22 of season 3 or you can watch episode 4 of season 4, in that episode she also broke up with her boyfriend and it was an amazing scene, everyone was in tears.
    I also agree that Ellen Pompeo should be nominated, have you seen the episode in whihc she miscarriage and her husband was shoot? or the episode in which she was about to die?
    Also Glee and Grey’s anatomy should be nominated. They have done everything. Including changing roles, singing every song that was ever made, They put thousands of ilnesses and they make you laugh, cry, jump of joy, etc.

Comment by Sofia Butti – December 14, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are so many people that deserved a GG that it’s hard to choose. But I think Andrew Lincoln did a great job this season. You can see the work behind the character.

Comment by Philip Brock – December 14, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully the Emmys do a better job at nominating than the Golden Globes. Can’t believe Mad Men, Elizabeth Moss and Christina Hendricks all got snubbed. This was probably Hendricks’ best season to date

Comment by Mike – December 14, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tony Goldwyn’s performance in Scandal is quietly dumbfounding. He and Kerry Washington definitely were snubbed. But there are other awards Scandal will win that will make this snub pale into oblivion.

Comment by Deena Braun – December 14, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Jon Bon Jovi wins another GG for best song, I don’t care about the rest.

Comment by Templar – December 14, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JOHN NOBLE!!!

Comment by Michele – December 16, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eden Shers of “The Middle” was a definite snub. She is a great comedic actress!

Comment by Kathy Askew – January 9, 2013 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where the heck is Person of Interest? They really got snubbed by the Foreign Press! I’m sick of the same committee choosing the same shows every year! Person of Interest is such an amazing show! Brilliant cast, writers, etc! Can’t believe they got snubbed again!

Comment by Jill Gordon – January 13, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post