Golden Globe Nods 2013: The 24 Biggest Snubs!

The best thing about this year’s Golden Globe nominations: Celebrating your TV favorites that got nods.

The second best thing about this year’s Golden Globe nominations: Throwing a hissy about your TV favorites that were left in the cold.

RELATED | Golden Globe Nominations: The Complete List

We feel you, TVLine readers. Our ire is up, too! So click through our gallery of this year’s snubbed shows and actors, then fill the comments with your whipped-up frustration: Which series and players do you think were cheated out of recognition?

More Golden Globes 2013 Coverage on TVLine.com: Michael Ausiello’s Snappy Judgments

TAGS:
GET MORE: Awards, Golden Globes, News, Photo Gallery

1. Charlie Hunnam truly deserved to be nominated. This performance this season was brilliant and I’m tired of his work going unrecognized by voters. The critics love him, the audience loves him … I don’t understand.

• Liza!80 says:

So agree about Sons of Anarchy and The Walking Dead. Justified as well. All three shows are brilliant as are the characters and the writing. Dexter and Mad men have been nominated so many times, there are better shows now. Parks and Rec is the comedy I wish would get more recognition. Its so funny and such comic gold most of the time.

2. Liz says:

Games of Thrones??!! All the cast is amazing!
    What about Denis O’Hare??
    Ellen Pompeo?
    True Blood?
    Once Upon a Time?

• jen says:

Game of Thrones is definitely the biggest joke. (but Ellen Pompeo? seriously???)

• Liz says:

Yes, Ellen Pompeo. She’s amazing. Look at the episode with the bomb, or the one when she’s rescued from drowning, or when she pleads for Derek’s life and has a miscarriage etc… Yes, she makes Meredith great.

• paula says:

Yes Ellen Pomepeo

• ana says:

Ellen Pompeo she’s amazing

• guest says:

But those all happened in previous season-this isn’t an award for the entire series worth of acting. I’m not saying she doesn’t do a good job as Meredith-just that none of those events happened this season.

• Raver says:

somehow i agree! But she is rarely ever recognized as an awesome actress! I agree that Sandra Oh is beyond amazing than any of Grey’s (or as a matter of fact any other actress in any drama) but somehow that snubs Ellen from getting due recognition – she is the GREY!

• Anna says:

Please. Ellen Pompeo is gorgeous, likeable, and does her job, but she’s not award winning good. I totally get into the scenes where she is emotional, but half of the cast of her show are better actors than she is.

• greysfan says:

The Walking Dead, Ellen Pompeo, Kerry Washington, Monica Potter and the cast of Grey’s all snubbed again. Not to mention what about Revenge? That show is awesome and Emily Vancamp does an amazing job on this show. These awards are absolutely pointless now. I have been saying it for the past 2 years and will continue to say it

ITS TIME TO SPLIT CABLE AND BROADCAST THEN HAVE ONE AWARD FOR BEST SHOW, ACTRESS AND ACTOR. TV NETWORKS ARE IDIOTS THEY REALLY ARE.

• petra says:

I totally agree that Scandal & Parenthood should have rec’d nominations for best/supporting actress and/or best dramatic series. Who is responsible for some the pitiful shows that were nominated?

• bigby_wolf says:

I’ll give you Game of Thrones but True Blood? I love the show but last season was one of it’s worst yet and the acting is sometimes too over the top. Unless they turn this next season around, the last chance it had was truly winning and Emmy was Season Two, which I thought got completely snubbed, especially Michelle Forbes for her performance.

While I LOOOOVE Once Upon A Time, I don’t quite feel it’s a Golden Globe level quite yet. Give it another season when the writers starting taking bigger risks with the story.

• Scooby says:

Completely agree. I love True Blood, and there was a time where it should have been nominated (and win), but those days are far behind us now. The show hasn’t been good in years, and this past season was one of the worst things I’ve ever seen.

3. Jess says:

Sarah. Wayne. Callies.

• Sam, Ph. D. says:

Mayim. Overacting. Bialik. (And her giant-sized ego.) Oh wait, isn’t this where we write down whom we’re GLAD didn’t get a nod?

4. EllenFTW says:

Once again, Ellen Pompeo from Grey’s Anatomy was snubbed. She’s an amazing lead actress of a hit series yet is so overlooked.

5. Kevin says:

Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe both from AHS: Asylum

• Liza!80 says:

Lily Rabe for sure.

• Aleksa says:

That would be next year.

• Aleksa says:

Sorry, check that. I’d have thought it ineligible until next year. My bad. So I agree, those are huge snubs.

• Amanda says:

Not really, Jessica Lange is nominated for Asylum.

• Sammy says:

Sarah Paulson,Lily Rabe AND Zach Quinto are the biggest snubs.Does anybody else get really sad when the Globes announce their noms? I mean its never been about talent, only a celebration of pop culture. And it does a really bad job of it! Every year I am bamboozled by snubs, uncalled for nomnations and a general wierd inconsistency in the types of shows that are nominated. But Sarah! I’m actually pretty disgusted she wasn’t nominated. I wonder if they actually watched the show or just figure “Jessica was good last year, might as well pop her in again”.

• Scooby says:

Yessss Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe are fantastic.

6. wonderwaage says:

AARON PAUL!

7. Sammy says:

Biggest snubs for me?

Best Lead Actress (Drama Series): Kerry Washington “Scandal”
    Best Lead Actress (Drama Series): Monica Potter “Parenthood”
    Best Lead Actor (Drama Series): Peter Krause “Parenthood”
    Best Lead Actor (Drama Series): Tony Goldwyn “Scandal”
    Best Supporting Actress (Drama Series): Madeleine Stowe “Revenge”
    Best Supporting Actor (Drama Series): Jeff Perry “Scandal”
    Best Drama Series: “Scandal”

• Sammy says:

Forgot about the amazing Sandra Oh, “Grey’s Anatomy”, for best supporting actress in a drama series.

• Liza!80 says:

Jeff Perry most definitely. Kerry Washington is in a good role, but I don’t like her delivery sometimes. I feel like she can be delivering lines versus good acting. Maybe its the writing but I feel Ann Hathaway is like that, too. When the writing is a longer monologue andthe actor has to deliver it in one breath, I cringe because it feels so unrealistic. But I LOVE Scandal and love Tony Goldwyn and Jeff Perry.

• Tedi says:

100% Agree with this list!

• Spencer says:

Peter Krause is phenomenal. He got all those Emmy and GG nods for his work on Six Feet Under, but nothing for Parenthood? He has me balling from watching this show.

• Lacey says:

Since Scandal and Revenge are the only two dramas I watch it would have been great to see them recognized somehow. I like Madeline Stowe but I wonder if she was overlooked because she’s not over the top in an emotional scene. It seems like the actor/actress who wins is the one who cries or shouts the loudest. MS doesn’t need to break-down in her scenes to be emotional and her character is one to be feared.

• Louise says:

agreed i cant believe scandal didnt get anything, kerry and tony espically they deserve it

8. Paolo says:

Anna torv

9. Alichat says:

JOHN NOBLE!!!! Why is he not on your list??

10. Adam says:

How can the walking dead not be nominated? Andrew Lincoln was amazing and his performance killed it, why wasn’t he nominated? I really think Golden globes miss alots of good tv shows and actors/actresses.

11. Cameron says:

For the first time in years I have no desire to watch The Golden Globes looking at who got snubbed. I have a LOT of favorites on this list. The ONLY reason why I might watch is because who is hosting this year. But then I could probably catch clips somewhere on the interact to catch up. Yeah, it’s decided. I’m taking a pass.

12. Becca says:

Andrew Lincoln!!!! Where is the nod for Andrew Lincoln?!?! Ugh!

13. Sandy says:

So TV Line doesn’t think Fringe is being snubbed? But The Good Wife is being snubbed? Seriously? Please

• Scooby says:

Fringe is awful this season. A major improvement over season 4, sure, but nothing compared to seasons 1-3. I do think that Anna Torv and John Nobel were snubbed.

14. Bar says:

Anna Torv and John Noble

15. Lauren says:

PARENTHOOD! THE SHOW AND THE CAST, ESPECIALLY MONICA POTTER!

16. Jessica says:

Sandra Oh and Ellen Pompeo.

17. angelwings says:

Charlie Hunnam was absolutely brilliant in his portrayal of the conflicted President of a outlaw motorcycle Club. The fact that he continues to be overlooked during award season, despite the acclaim he receives from both critics and his peers, is criminal.

18. Bobby says:

What about Castle (Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion) since they broke the Moonlighting curse???

• Liza!80 says:

They have been cute together. I don’t mind characters staying together. Ellen and Patrick on Greys has been together a long time and I prefer it that way rather than them apart. Same with Stana and Nathan. I think they were great apart, but great together, too.

• Jack says:

Because this is an award for outstanding acting not curse breaking. Stana and Nathan are good actors and enjoyable to watch but they are not outstanding.

19. Lara says:

I think that Veep is vastly superior to Girls and Smash.

20. bigby_wolf says:

Honestly, Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead are really the two biggest omissions from this list, I mean really? I guess these award shows are continuing on their quest to completely snub genre TV entirely.

21. lll says:

Where the hell is Person of Interest?

22. Liza!80 says:

Does anyone watch Smash? I didn’t even know that was on tv. I think SoA, Justified, Game of Thrones, Parks and Rec (which is 10x funnier than Girls and I really like Girls). House of Lies, Castle, Suits, Nurse Jackie, Being Human.

• Lacey says:

The Smash nomination surprised me but if it keeps Glee shut out then I am ok with that. I just wish award shows would stop salivating over musical type sows. Just because the singing is good doesn’t mean the show is.

23. Cheryl says:

Best Lead Actor Drama: Hugh Laurie in House
    Best Lead Actress Drama- Kerry Washington, Ellen Pompeo
    Best Supporting Actress in a Drama- Sandra Oh, Madaline Stowe, all of the women from once upon a time.

True Blood, Once Upon a Time, Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, Revenge and House all were robbed. What is wrong with awards groups and who is bribing them to nominate them?

24. Irena says:

All of Fringe, but, as always, particularly John Noble and Anna Torv. And Sherlock’s brilliance is ignored in favor of some considerably lesser programs. Ugh.

25. Ash says:

Seriously, The Walking Dead is the biggest snub. This season has been amazing on all aspects, especially in “killer Within”. These people need some serious acknowledgement for their badass-ness. Ridiculous.

26. Lewis Jones says:

Fringe is always snubbed as is all of the cast who have done amazing work over they years. Oh well… the show will be a sci-fi classic when most of these nominees will collect dust and spiderwebs.

27. The New Friends says:

HAPPY ENDINGS
    plz add to the snub list! cmon TVLine! you guys lvoe happy endings, cant believe it didnt get any noms. not casey wilson for her amazing work or any comedy nods!
    HAPPY ENDINGS

• help says:

This comment has so many grammar and spelling errors it’s physically hurting me.

• Lacey says:

Happy Endings isn’t that funny letalone award winning. With that said Damon Waynes should have been nominated because he’s the best part of that show and is right up there with Max Greenfield in acting chops.

28. Bill says:

Love that you recognized Monica Potter. I would have included Peter Krause as well. The Walking Dead getting shut out is just a joke. Would have loved to see Southland get some recognition as well.

29. Astrid says:

No offense but if Larry Hagman had been nominated it would only have been because he died..
    I actually agree with a lot of these choices, especially Courtney Cox in Cougar Town! That would have been awesome :)

30. Meg says:

What’s the time frame for submitting material? Clearly it went through the summer because shows like The Newsroom & Veep were on it, but when is the cutoff?

31. Eric says:

PARENTHOOD!!!
    Peter Krause!!!
    Monica Potter!!!
    Happy Endings!!!

32. Kellie says:

I am very confused by the fact that Sherlock did not get a best miniseries/movie nod, although Benedict Cumberbatch’s nomination did lessen the blow. I also think that John Noble from Fringe is extremely underappreciated when it comes to award season.

33. Jake says:

HA Courtney Cox, please she couldn’t act her way out of a paper bag with the instructions printed on the inside. Jennifer Aniston and her are just trying to regain half the fame they had while doing Friends. I agree Carrie Washington should have at least been nominated. I like Connie Britton, but not in Nashville…I loved her in American Horror Story. Jessica Lange? Where is she? Also, the cast of Fringe should have been up for something….

• Lacey says:

Connie Britton hasn’t had the material to be deserve the nomination. Her character mopes and complains about her bad life. I think Connie Britton is very talented and she can act circles around Katherine McPhee but that’s not a reason to nominate her.

• fiyero says:

Totally agreed – the material (so far) has been much better for Hayden (having a drug addicted mother). CB is one of the finest actresses on TV, and totally deserved a win for her last season of FNL, but for Nashville sor far? Nope.

• Emily says:

I will never understand why this site talks about Courtney Cox like she has talent. She is probably the worst actor on her show – she was definitely the worst actor on Friends (though the character of Monica was written brilliantly).

34. Amanda says:

Anyone from Fringe but then if Fringe ever did get the recognition that it deserved from one of these award shows I ‘d be shocked. I would also like to see the brilliant Eden Sher from the Middle get a nomination, she does amazing work as Sue Heck but she never gets a mention

35. Another snub IMO Scott Caan for Hawaii Five-0

36. Queen B says:

If Hayden [Panettiere] was nominated why couldn’t Leighton Meester who is the best actress on Gossip Girl get a nomination I know the writing and acting this season hasn’t been the series best but she’s done an excellent job with material she was given. Her and Ed Westwick both deserve props for doing their best will the material they were given.

• Emma says:

you are kidding right?? this is the most absurd post I’ve ever seen…. I watch gossip girl just because out of habit and because there’s just one episode left… It’s the most trashy thing on television right now.. even the kardashian or things like that are better! I watch practically every show nominated this year and believe me when i say that GG is not to be put even in the same sentence with this year worst nominee..

• Leah says:

I always thought awards weren’t about doing the best with bad material, but about doing amazingly with great material. Have I been wrong this whole time? No, pretty sure that’s right.

• Lacey says:

Because they don’t nominate someone for doing nothing. I’m not saying Leighton Meester isn’t talented but CW shows are overlooked for a reason. Plus, have you been watching Nashville? HP kills as Juliette and her vulnerability shines through. I still remember the scene where she refused to giver her drug-addicted mother money, I was crying with her.

37. cjeffery7 says:

aside from the annual and inevitable snubs (dexter, fringe, community) i’m quite surprised game of thrones got no love. also that JLD was the only nom for Veep. and while i understand why the Walking Dead gets no love (it a hardest core genre show, up there w/ Star Trek), it’s had such a high profile this season, i can’t believe it was overlooked. this aversion to the “other” genre is getting a little ridiculous.

• Jack says:

No kidding!!! The Walking Dead was getting higher ratings that most Broadcast network shows and yet it still gets overlooked because it is “genre”.

38. Cheyenne says:

Umm hello? True Blood? Best show on TV

39. Amanda Hansen says:

BONES is always snubbed. I believe they have it in for that series. The writing is good and the acting is awesome.

40. leigh says:

thIs almost reads like the SAG awards. Same thing will probably happen for the Emmys. Sigh.

41. Jack says:

I think if Monica Potters cancer story had happened earlier in the year she would have been nominated. Most voters had probably made up their mind before she got a chance to show how great she was.

42. where is Ellen Pompeo??
    Ellen Pompeo is beast, seriously!

43. James says:

Ellen Pompeo she’s such an amazing actress. just gets better an better.

44. Leah says:

Timothy Olyphant, Aaron Paul, Jared Harris… too many to name. Sarah Wayne Callies for that episode. So on and so forth. But Jennifer Carpenter’s snub is one of the worst. I used to watch Dexter for Dexter, but now I watch it for Deb.

45. Sara says:

Monica Potter should have been up there. She’s been ridiculously amazing this season, and most seasons for that matter.

46. Jake says:

The snubs for Mad Men and Game of Thrones really pisses me off, but…..I understand Walking Dead not being nominated. I mean, it’s fun and entertaining for sure, but it’s nowhere near being a genuinely ‘good’ show. The acting is subpar, the dialogue is just downright horribly written, whatever moral subtexts there are get repeated and repeated until it becomes tiresome, the characters themselves are still thinly characterized for the most part, there are still plot holes up the ying-yang, etc. Need I even bring up the whole ‘1 black guy at a time’ rule they have?

47. Babybop says:

No Walking Dead or Parks and Rec makes me so angry! Easily two of the best shows on TV.

48. KD says:

Why is there so little love for network dramas:

Drama:
    Parenthood
    Scandal

Actor:
    Peter Krause

Actress:
    Monica Potter
    Kerry Washington

Supporting Actor:
    Jeff Perry
    Tony Goldwyn

Supporting Actress:
    Sandra Oh
    Kadee Strickland

49. Walton Goggins, people! He MAKES Justified!!! Like, the show without Olyphant would be just fine as long Goggins was in ;)

50. RJ says:

I’m hoping Parenthood and Monica Potter get some love from the Emmy’s next year. They can see Monica’s whole cancer storyline from beginning to end. :)