Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, Scandal, NCIS, Vampire Diaries, Beast, Haven and More!

Castle, NCIS, Beauty and Beast SpoilersWill Castle be able to nail Valentine’s Day? Will Supergirl raise hell on Haven? When will Beauty give her Beast a buss? And first and foremost: What the Huck?! Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

Scandal | I Scandalpaced this week’s column because I just screened tonight’s midseason finale, which yet again proves that just when you think you’ve got the tiniest bead on what’s going on, you realize you simply do not. Yes, you will get the full (and incredible) story on Huck’s involvement in the shooting – and how a random act of kindness threatens to finger him for the assault. (As for Fitz’s status… let’s just say that a funeral plan is getting handed around. Eep.) Also in the compelling hour: Acting POTUS Sally Langston gets an “interesting” visitor soon after making camp in the Oval Office – and then herself drops in on Verna to deliver a threat; Cyrus catches James in a big lie; Abby slaps someone, twice; and, perhaps most shocking, someone shouts at Olivia, “Get your ass back here now!” – and lives to tell about it. One more tease: At hour’s end, Langston is invited to make a very difficult decision. (Come back after the episode to predict Sally’s choice!)

RELATED | Ratings for Thursday, Dec. 6: Scandal Hits All-Time Highs

Castle | Remember (of course you do) how Rick let down Kate by obliging her wishes and not coughing up a Christmas gift? That “oops” will be revisited as the couple celebrates their first Valentine’s Day together. In that February sweeps episode – the same one guest-starring Firefly alum Gina Torres as the star of a Real Housewives-like reality mess – “Castle and Beckett are talking about what they got each other, and there’s a subtle competition between the two of them,” shares show boss Andrew Marlowe. And as Rick strikes to make good on his Yuletide faux pas, “That in and of itself brings its own complications…. Let’s just say that some wild hijinks ensue as he tries to deliver her present.” Hmm, bigger than a breadbox? Or (ahem) tiny enough to fall down a sewer grate?

RELATED | Castle Exclusive: Gina Torres on Board for Show’s Latest Firefly Reunion

Haven | Smallville alum Laura Vandervoort kicks off her two-episode arc this Friday, starting with Season 3’s penultimate episode, and this much viewers have gleaned about her heretofore top-secret role: She is playing Arla, the wife of James Cogan (aka The Colorado Kid) — a neat trick since sooo many years have passed and she looks… well, like a twentysomething Laura Vandervoort. The actress describes Arla as someone who is “out for vengeance” yet is also “a true romantic who has been hurt.” The stone-cold revenge-seeker in her, though, promises to show fans “someone they haven’t seen me play before,” she raves. (I’ve seen this run’s final two hours, and Arla plays a pivotal role in some wiiiild stuff that goes down, as Audrey debates her fate/date with The Barn.)

RELATED | Vampire Diaries‘ Joseph Morgan on the ‘Bloody’ Fall Finale, Klaus’ ‘Game’ With Caroline

The Vampire Diaries | Joseph Morgan says that when Klaus ultimately reunites with the currently staked Rebekah, we should “expect turbulence” between the sibs. “Obviously, she is not going to be happy with Klaus!” he laughs. Assaying the duo’s dynamic – namely the differences that drive a wedge between them – Morgan says, “To a certain extent, part of Klaus wishes she could be the bloodthirsty, fabulous vampire that he wants her to be, but she’s so desperate for love that she comes across as weak to him. And she’s been used against him as one of his weaknesses.” As a result, he previews, “We’ll see that dynamic become more and more complicated — as sibling relationships are.”

RELATED | Exclusive: NCIS Casts Young Abby for Origin Episode Full of ‘Prizes’ for Longtime Fans

And now, some reader questions:

Will we see a kiss between Beauty and the Beast’s Cat and Vincent anytime soon? — @FlamingJets
I brought your question (and the dozens just like it, sent via Twitter!) to EP Sherry Cooper, and she said that Vincat fans waiting with bated breath for a proper (or better yet improper) kiss “are going to be pleased”… at some point during the back half of Season 1. “And we’re all pleased, too!” she shared. “Watching [an upcoming episode], I was all aflutter. I mean, we wrote it and I was like, ‘Kiss her!'”

I love “Tiva” and all but is NCIS ever going to continue on with McGee’s father drama? They need to. –Morgan
They need to, yes – and they will. “It’s coming,” promises showrunner Gary Glasberg. “We were originally sort of planning for it to fall in February, but I think it may be a bit later. We’re in the middle of writing it as we speak, and I’m excited to see who we come up with” to play the esteemed Navy admiral. Make your casting suggestions in comments!

Why isn’t January Jones on the SAG Awards cast list for Mad Men? I hope this isn’t a spoiler about Betty leaving the show. –CCA
Have no fear, it’s just a technicality. Per Page 14 of the Screen Actors Guild Award eligibility requirements, any nominated ensemble “shall be defined as those actors who have appeared in more than half the episodes originally aired during the eligible calendar year” — and sadly Betty’s Weight Watchers meetings kept her off-camera too much.

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around! (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. Can’t wait til we see McGee’s father on screen. I definitely vote for Brent Spiner as Admiral McGee on NCIS!

2. Rachael says:

I need Castle back now!!!

3. Jay says:

Beauty and the Beast scoop is always appreciated. Thanks Matt!

4. ollie says:

castle sounds like it should be funny as always. i am so sick of rebecca on tvd she just annoys me. bring back elijah.

• MM says:

Everyone has started to annoy me on TVD. Elijah needs to come back quick and save the show and show his sexy self.

• Fran says:

Wow really? I agree with you about Elijah but I adore Rebecca. She is such a complex character and way more exciting than the character they’ve turned Elena into.

5. bluebonnetbelle says:

So many questions about Haven…but thanks for the info. I get more and more into that silly show every week.

6. wrstlgirl says:

Did you copy & paste that Vampire Diaries scoop from last year because it seems that has already been done :-)

7. Claire says:

Oh PLEASE listen to this casting suggestion! Please, cast John M. Jackson. As a JAG fan originally, this casting would be PERFECT for the character and meaningful for the history of the JAG/NCIS industry.

• John says:

Totally like this idea: he brought the stern for sure.

• earl says:

john m. jackson would be a superb as mcgee’s dad. he was super on jag and this would be a very well deserved thank you to jag from ncis… just two really good shows that have lasted for a long time.

8. Gilda says:

I’m really enjoying Beauty and the Beast, but I’ve found myself rooting for her with Evan and I know that won’t end well for me.

9. Mari says:

LOL poor Castle. I need new episodes now.

10. Bob Haiskey says:

Really glad to see that McGee is getting some face time. I feel the last 2 years have been DiNozzo related with 3 years of Tony Sr. Baltimore, obsessed with a missing reporter, the horried EJ ( 4 shows) Tony in a hospital depressed, etc. It’s time to give everybody some more storylines. Please spread the wealth. I loved that they actually gave Abby and Ziva a storyline together. That was the best show of the season and the ratings proved it. More Abby, McGee and Ziva and maybe some more Palmer.

• Jennifer says:

Yes I agree! I loved the Abby & Ziva together storyline! Definitely need some more of that as well as more Abby! More Ziva storyline would be good as well. McGee storyline would be good with the dad & the sister coming back at sometime also… it was nice to see him as the protective older brother instead of just ‘Probie’.

• NOTatonyfan says:

I agree, I have had it to up my ears with Tony. I would love to see more Abby and Ziva, even the cute little lab assistant scene we saw in the last episode was refreshing. More McGee and Ducky would also be a good thing. Actually anyone, but Tony.

• Sadbuttrue says:

I love Tony. He didn’t get to do much of anything but be the incompetent butt of every joke from seasons 6 – 8, so I’m glad he got a couple episodes. Half of the ones you mentioned weren’t really Tony centric, they just had Tony B or C plots. I loved You Better Watch Out and wish we’d get more Tony episodes that were subtly revealing and didn’t demean the character in some way. I’m completely tired of Ziva and her constant soapish tragedies. And what’s up with her having a BFF scene with someone in every episode this year? I’m looking forward to the McGee episode, and hope that he has some good friendship scenes with Tony and Abby.

11. Renee says:

Thanks for the Beauty & the Beast scoop Matt. Really wish the kiss was sooner not later (as in tonight!), but I’ll take what I get.

12. Shar says:

Scandal – so if it’s not Huck as the shooter and it’s way too obvious to have Charlie as the gunman, how about Huck’s girlfriend taking revenge for the bombing because her partner was killed? I’m concerned that I’m getting as dark and twisty as Mer and Shonda:)

13. tahina says:

Need Castle sneak peeks, like NOW! *-*

14. Jackie says:

David James Elliott (Harm from JAG) should play McGee’s dad.

15. Renee says:

Glenn Morshower should play McGee’s dad. He was Landry Clarke’s father on FNL.

16. Kate says:

That is some seriously good Castle scoop! Thank you and feel free to keep it coming… ;-)

17. sonja says:

I wonder if they will kill Fitz off?

18. Jack Wahl says:

Not to be repetitive but….
    David James Elliot would be perfect as a Admiral McGee, in the JAG timeline Harmon Rabb, Jr should be a Admiral… welcome aboard..

19. mia says:

Thanks for the Beauty and the Beast scoop! Glad to know its coming! God, it’ll be good when it happens lol.

20. Jack Wahl says:

Whoa, no hating on the Dinozzo!

21. Lori Fugate says:

R.Lee Ermey would be a good one for McGee’s father, or Stephen Root (NewsRadio) or Barry Corbin (Northern Exposure).

22. Lori Fugate says:

And maybe even Tim Matheson.

23. Barb says:

NCIS should ask Tom Selleck to guest as Thomas Magnum now a retired general-McGee used his grandmothers maiden name McGee to distance himself from the General.

24. Lia says:

I vote for James Remar as McGee’s father.

25. Sima says:

Gerald McRaney , major dad, as mcgees dad…

26. Templar says:

He’s busy being Mike’s mom’s boyfriend and Mike’s boss on Mike & Molly. How about Mike Farrell [BJ on M*A*S*H]? He has dignity, strength, and a presence that would be perfect for NCIS.

27. Jo says:

Bruce Boxleitner would be a perfect choice – he has the chops to play a military man!

• Allison says:

They already used Bruce Boxleitner for an episode..one involving Tony’s Dad.Wouldn’t that just confuse everyone who has already seen it?

28. Alli says:

I’d nominate Michael Ironside for Admiral McGee.He looks like he would never take nonsense from anyone, let alone his own kids.And Mike Farrell sounds good,too.Not to unapproachable,but firm enough.

29. Boyd says:

I suggest Lee Majors as McGee’s Admiral father. There is even a physical (facial) resemblance.

30. Kay-Kay says:

My Two Cents For McGree’s Family Ep: Richard Dean Anderson (has both serious and humoristic acting chops, plus would provide great chemistry against (or with Gibbs). And Bradford Anderson (who plays “Spinelli” on General Hospital) as McGee’s little brother.

31. Elizabeth says:

Hope Beauty and the Beast will eventually be available on DVD. I see Vampire Diaries and Supernatural made it.