Dexter Finale First Look: Hannah Calls Deb the H-Word, While Dex Mulls Life as a [Spoiler]!

Will Dexter dispose of LaGuerta in order to keep his secret? Might Hannah spill the beans on who her ex really is? And is Deb finally going to break under the pressure of all of this? Those are just a few of the big, burning questions heading into this Sunday’s Dexter finale (Showtime, 9/8c) — and we have two sneak peeks hinting at answers to all of them!

RELATED | Dexter Finale Art Boasts an Epic Showdown Between Brother and Sister

Press PLAY below to first watch Dex do battle with his Inner Demon Formerly Known as the Dark Passenger, and then scroll down further to watch the iciest exchange between Deb and Hannah to date. After that, hit the comments with your predictions on how Season 7 will end.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Finales, First Look, Video

1. Ann says:

THIS SEASON IS AWESOME!!!

2. Kim R says:

I’m wondering if Deb drugged herself and set up the accident to finally break the bond between Hannah and Dex. ?? :)

• Anna says:

I was thinking the exact same thing. It doesn’t seem like Hannah would be that risky. She knows how important Deb is to Dexter and it seemed odd that she would try to kill her knowing that it would put their relationship at risk. Plus I think she would be a little more careful if she did try to kill Deb. I personally like Hannah (partially because Yvonne Strahovski is awesome and partially because the character is a nice departure for Lumen and others) and I like her relationship with Dexter, I’m sad that they broke up, but it sets up an excellent looking season finale!

• Jill says:

I thought that last night, too.

• Britta Unfiltered says:

Yes, I think that’s exactly what happened too.

• Tab says:

I think so, and I think Dexter ultimately knew, too, and still called the cops. Deb’s excuses were lame; he’s not stupid and Hannah’s not stupid. Adds a whole ‘nother level of messy for him to make that choice.

• season says:

That is exactly what I was thinking.

• Sam says:

My thought as well. And if Dexter finds out, will he ever be able to forgive her?

• M3rc Nate says:

Watched the most recent ep today and thought of that once it was done. Hannah is right, she would have succeeded and not been so sloppy (leaving the bottle with the drugs in it , in the car?). Seems just sloppy enough to be a Deb plan lol.

I cant help but find it so interesting that when you put a show from the bad guys point of view, you root for him/her so hard…and root against/hate the “good guys” so hard. I feel this with Dexter and Homeland and others. With Dexter i disliked so strongly Doakes, and now Laguerta, when all they ever did was try to catch a serial killer. Interesting.

• Ron says:

I was thinking that too but then thought hmm triple cross? Maybe Hannah set up Deb to make it look like Deb was trying to frame her for the accident… These are two highly skilled, master manipulating serial killers. its not outside their ability to pull it off

• Britt says:

I was wondering the same thing last night!

• Zac says:

Thats exactly my theory too. Deb would have drugged herself to make it seem like Hannah did

• libby bond says:

Deb really had an accident and then staged the drugging

• Dexter says:

I was thinking the same thing. I mean as smart as Dexter is, why didn’t he think of it?

• Logan Grant says:

thats what i think happened to

3. Tim says:

Deb poisoned herself to frame Hannah. Not sure if it’s obvious or what

4. Pat D. says:

I agree with the above. It doesn’t make sense that Hannah would do anything to Deb without making sure she was dead, otherwise, it accomplished nothing other than to get Deb to ride her even more. I’m shocked Dexter couldn’t figure that out.

5. Terry says:

I think either Deb did it or Hannah’s old roommate that was worried about going back to jail. I like Hannah much better than Deb, hope Dexter can work it out with her.

6. Rae Lynn says:

I think Deb drugged herself, the arrest of Dex is a dream, especially with Doakes there and Dex is gonna kill La Guerta in the last seconds of the show.

7. A says:

THIS SEASON IS EPIC!! Although I’m still upset that Isaak had to die. Loved that character and Dex and Isaak as friends would have been awesome. And Hannah gave me chills while she was talking in the video. She knew exactly what to say to hurt Deb. DAMN!

8. JHarnes says:

Hannah (played by a wonderful actressYvonne Strahovski) has been
    delightful. I can’t believe she tried to kill Deb. I agree it seems more
    likely Deb created the incident to get her brother to turn on Hannah.

One thing seems missing. Now I could be wrong but has Dexter ever
    told Deb that he believes he and she are actually siblings – his mother
    having an affair with her father?

I can’t wait for next Sunday.

• Trenton says:

He was already born b4 her father had an affair w/ his mom. They made a point season one to show Dex in the hospital needing a blood transfusion and Harry had to go find his bio dad to get the blood. Also Brian Moser aka Ice Truck Killer set it up so Dex would get his father’s house after he killed him…and he tested the guy himself……at least it kinda explains how Dex is able to afford so much on his smallish salary. A boat, two apartments on a bay in Miami…both parents died so life insurance split w/ Deb…but he went to Medical school I think…anyways…They aren’t related and Deb knows that b/c she actually found out first b/c Muzuka called Dex but she answered.

9. Trenton says:

I kinda see this scene where Hannah dies somehow (Dex or randomly in Prison) and Deb tells Dex she framed her and Dex says, “I know.” Hannah was right when she said, I don’t make mistakes in that way. That bottle was in her hand and she drank it right in front of Hannah as she left…maybe i’m wrong…but thinking not so much. I’m almost sure that the Surprise Mother****er title is a double entendre we think it’s just about Doakes…but that’s not the real surprise now is it?

The thing with Dexter is there is always a Deus Ex Machina moment that allows him to escape capture or detection or helps him get away clean. Season 1: Deb was drugged alibied him in front of the whole precinct shutting Doakes down. Season 2: British chick who Dexter was trying to get rid of turned out to be his savior. Season 3: There was the skinner allowing dexter to get rid of Prado cleanly. Season 4: The only people that could link him to Trinity didn’t b/c they felt they owed him, plus Deb was so focused on finding out about Dex and Brian’s past to see what was going on with him. Season 5: Deb was the only one on to him and Lumen and she let them get away with it…(Can’t believe that moment hasn’t been discussed between them this season…she was complicit in some degree with what they did.) Season 6: Deb helps him cover it up.

I don’t know how it happens or what, but there is another season…(My guess is if the creativity continues improving and the ratings do as well…they might even have one more.) Regardless, Dexter being on the run all of season 8 sounds very unDexter. Maybe Calista Flockheart is Lundy’s daughter at the FBI and she is on a manhunt so sure it could work…but just where does that leave the rest of the characters. Dex is on the run all over the country and everyone else is at Miami Metro all getting fired for the amount of serial killers or supposed ones that exist in that city?

10. Alicia says:

God! I love this show. Gonna hate to see it end. I hope Dexter gets away with it ALL! No matter what he does. That’s what makes the show so Damn Good! He’s America’s favorite serial killer. Please end this show in a Good Way. Don’t allow Dexter to get caught. Be creative but remember what makes this show Awesome. Stick to what works. Can’t wait til next Sunday. And already looking forward to season 8. By the way, I also think that Deb set this whole accident thing up too. Guess we’ll find out soon enough.

11. Regina says:

I actually just thought about that too before I started reading the comments because Hannah really loved Dexter and she was trying to make amends with her, not kill her.
    but knowing that there’s a season 8, looks like Dexter won’t go away for another 12 episodes haha

12. I think you all may be on to something about Deb setting the whole thing up. They never showed the accident happen and that is kind of curious.

13. Michael Fenn says:

I think that Dexter and/or Deb will kill Laguerta and the whole scene of him being hauled off by Maria is one of Dexter’s visions that he seems to have when thinking of probable futures such as the one with him and Hannah older and gray living a life together. Who knows? Anyway I love this show & it is one of my faves! This show, the Mentalist, and The Besides Doakes is dead and he is shown in the promo/preview video. So I think this is a visual representation of the turmoil Dex is experiencing.

14. Jay says:

I love Hannah (& Yvonne’s awesome work), hate Deb.
    I too think Deb did it to herself and to split Dex/Han up.
    Hopefully Hannah survives and Dex finds out the truth.

• Tatiana says:

You are a psychodouche just like everyone on this forum Anyone who hates deb is a sociopath she is the only likeable character you are all moronic moral trash with double digit iQs

15. peter says:

that episode was amazing… can’t wait to the next one… I think the dumb and messed up DEB framed hanna and screwed the life of dexter… and know he has no safe place to go… it’s sad, indeed, I was loving the fact that someone like him was able to find a match… it kind gives hope to the rest of us, right?

16. Alex Fisher says:

I can’t believe nobody thought about this option…

That Hannahs friend (the one that helped kill the person), i forget her name.. but she didnt want to go to jail and she had kids

Wouldnt it be more then realistic that it was her that drugged Deb?

She would be much more sloppy than Hannah, which is probably why Deb lived. Deb wouldnt risk almost killing herself, we saw how smashed up her car was

• Brigette says:

People are reading WAY to much into this car accident. What happened in the episode is what happened. New things will happen this week.

17. Brigette says:

I honestly CANNOT BELIVE how many of you think Deb drugged herself. No. Just, no. There is one episode left in the season and it’s going to be about Dexter trying to keep his secret, not proving somehow that Deb is bad and Hannah is good. If any of you listened to the latest Dexter Wrap Up podcast with the writers & Michael C. Hall, they make it pretty clear that Hannah poisoned Deb. If you honestly think Deb would do that to herself, then I don’t know what character you’ve been watching for the past seven years. The fact that anyone would question whether or not Hannah would poison Deb to save herself is equally crazy. Of COURSE she would. That’s what she does.

• cjeffery7 says:

i agree. there’s no way deb would be so desperate to “beat” hannah, that she’d put her own life in jeopardy. unless it turns out deb’s been a serial kills those whole time too LOL. obviously joking! i saw it in hannah’s face right after deb told he she wouldn’t stop chasing her. i knew hannah’s scewed sense of morality was going to re-surface, and not in deb’s favor. if hannah insists she’s never sloppy, then i can totally see her setting up her friend to do it, cause her friend also hates deb now.

my season ending questions are how dark are things going to get for deb? and in the clip above hannah’s right. deb takes down hannah but leaves her own brother free? hypocrite indeed. i think deb’s going to have to come to some sort of personal resolution on that matter. i also worry that hannah’s self preservation tactics have worn off on dexter, cause his dad is right, la geurta does not fit the code.

18. Owen says:

Maybe Hannah, feeling deceived by Dexter, decides to spill the beans on who he really is?

19. Joanna says:

yes, just please end this show in a nice way~~~~I love this show so much. Whatever going to happen, just make it a nice ending for Dex, Deb and Hannah.

20. walterbyrd says:

> I honestly CANNOT BELIVE how many of you think Deb drugged herself.

Seems to me the entire episode was about framing, and setups. It would fit.

21. Futrdoc says:

I hated seeing Isaak die. He and Dexter “worked well together”. Hate LaGuerta!!! She’s all about herself and screwing others over, and I can’t wait until she’s on the table. Would be even sweeter if Deb (realizing she’s more like Dexter after all) discovered her own “dark passenger” and offed LaGuerta herself. What will become of Hannah and Hector Estrada? Looking forward to the season finale, but dreading when the series finale approaches!!! Just as another poster wrote…I find it interesting that I’m rooting for Dexter all the time.

• 1234 says:

Hannah gets released, escapes, or at least bailed out; she then goes to Dexter’s apartment. Dexter kills Estrada. You can see it all in the preview.

22. Coryb says:

You can clearly see in the episode Deb in her BMW taking 2 sedatives and drinking out of the bottled water. When in the hospital she tells Dex, she only had taken 1.

23. JennyS says:

Yvonne’s line deliveries and facial expressions in this scene are awesome and she was been fantastic this season in Dexter. Her scenes with Jennifer Carpenter have been fantastic.

24. Chris says:

Here’s an interesting toss up – what would happen if Doakes faked his death…. LaGuerta wants to clear his name. Awesome mind blowing moment – if only it was possible… Wish I could back it up with some facts and clues

25. ani0227 says:

i love hannah for dex. i think they perfect together but dexter can never trust her if deb continues to attack her because hannah WILL fight back. i hope she ca forgive him and sees that he was being manipulated. on the other hand i hope dexter can forgive deb as well ad they can live happily ever after. i dont want hannah to leave. i dont want dexter to be alone in the series finale. season 8 would be too late in the game to bring in a a new permanent character. they should just keep hannah and find a way to get her and dexter back together. she genuinely loves him and dexter deserves someone like her.

26. Neal says:

I do not think Dexter will be caught/arrested. I think he will either kill Laguerta or find a way to frame someone else/throw Laguerta off his trail. I have loved this show since it started in 2006 and will hate to se it end. It has been an amazing ride!!

27. Rachit says:

I think it Dexter will get arrested in the Season 7 by Laguerta. Then either at the end of the episode or the beginning of Season 8, Deb will commit a murder in the Bay Harbor Butcher style, which the Miami Metro will find. They will then have to release Dexter since a BHB murder took place with him in the jail, thus making him “innocent”. Deb would have by mistake left some evidence that would lead a trail to her, and Season 8 will be Dex and Deb trying to cover this up.

28. Howie says:

Deb definitely set this whole thing up. If you were drinking water with crushed up ativan or xanax, it would taste terrible and you would know it. Those pills, like most, have an awful taste and the water obviously isn’t going to cover that up. The amount of pills you’d have to crush up and put in there to take someone out would also make the water cloudy. If it really was Hanna, the writers dropped the ball big time.

29. Jurgen says:

As much as I think Deb had enough motive, I’m not so sure she’d use such devious means to get Hannah out of the picture and get closer to Dex.
    As much as Hannah has pushed her out of the picture I still don’t think she’s that desperate.
    I’m with those that think Hannah has a bigger plan involved, as far as Dexter is concerned, I’d say he’s definitely blinded by his relationship with both.