Ratings: Nikita Steady, Dateline Tops Night

SideswipeThe CW’s Nikita held steady in its second week back in the Friday lead-off spot, delivering 1.2 million total viewers while scoring a 0.4 demo rating.

For the night, Undercover Boss slipped two tenths week-to-week but netted the second-best demo rating (1.6) behind Dateline; ABC’s 9 pm Shark Tank repeat (5.5 mil/1.5) placed third.

Blood Bloods as usual drew the largest total audience (11.1 mil), while dipping a tenth in the demo (to a 1.4).

RELATED | Wednesday/Thursday Ratings: Red-Hot Scandal Hits All-Time Highs, Chicago Fires Up Its Largest Audience

A few other quick notes:

* ABC’s Last Man Standing (6.6 mil/1.4) was down two tenths in the demo, while Malibu Country (6.1 mil/1.4) ticked down one tenth.

* CSI: NY — which just had its Season 9 finale set for Feb. 22 — dominated its hour in total viewers (with 10 mil) while dipping a tenth in the demo (to 1.4).

* Both Fox’s Kitchen Nightmares (3.1 mil/1.2) and Fringe (2.7 mil/0.9) were steady. Speaking of Fringe, here’s a video from last weekend’s 100th episode/wrap party. Fun “video bomb” at the 50-second mark, and show boss Joel Wyman may wreck you at the very end.

1. Kat says:

Happy to see Nikita steady! Hopefully it doesn’t get adjusted down in the finals, and hopefully the hiatus doesn’t kill it’s momentum. Plus side, when the show does come back we’ll have enough episodes left we should get through the rest of the season with very very few breaks (no breaks at all gets us to the first Friday in May, so maybe one 2 week break in there somewhere just to get it more towards the middle or end of May). The 6 week break is going to be torture though.

• isabelmonca says:

I agree! I am so happy the cw moved it back to its 8pm slot cause america’s next top model was killing it. It’s going to be difficult to wait for it to come back :(….i hope it stays steady, and even improve, so it can come back for another season!! I’d miss my Nikita, Alex, Michael, and Burkoff fridays

• Michael says:

I think there is no question it will be renewed Nikita its a 3rd year show on a friday that gets about the same viewers as their shows on monday-tuesday and Beauty and the Beast. And Nikita is so close to stripped syndication numbers

• Alan says:

yep those awful numbers for beauty and the beast on what is supposedly a stronger night is getting me through the worry over renewal

• Alex says:

Yeah, right, Top Model with its superior ratings was “killing” Stinkita. Sure. If Stinkita viewers actually liked the show enough, they would have watched it regardless of what was airing before it.

• Alan says:

ah here we go again with the guy who doesnt understand the concept of the casual viewer

• Brandy says:

Exactly right.finally someone with sense.A show in third season shouldn’t need a leadin

• Brandy says:

I’m replying to Alex btw

• Kevin says:

Alex and brandy you are such a dumb haters. Why don’t you tell that to Castle a show in its 5th season it drops everytime it doesnt have a good lead in. Man you are an idiot. Nikita is actually doing fine imagine what these other shows in 1st and 2nd year is gonna do in a 3rd season if they ever get that far that is ;)

• isabelmonca says:

top model had horrible ratings for the cw, that’s why it was pulling down Nikita. And also, a Friday, no matter the show, always has lower ratings than other days because it’s a Friday night, and people go out Friday nights. I love the show, but i’m not able to watch it every Friday. There are plenty of shows that didn’t get good ratings but had a strong fan base, and because of that, was renewed. The latest example: Chuck, which survived 5 years because of the fans, even if there weren’t many people watching it.

• Brandy says:

Top Model didn’t have horrible ratings-it got five 0.6s ,two 0.5 ,four 0.4s which was twice what Nikita gotthis season,so it wasn’t pulling Nikita down-it would have to be doing worse than Nikita to bring it down.0.6are good on a fri night for CW standards(where all but three -four shows are in or end up in the 0.4-0.6 demo range which is the norm for CW shows) especially for a show in its 19th season.Top Model didn’t have horrible ratings or it wouldntve been renewed for cycle 20.Nikita hasn’t managed 0.5-0.6 in a year so blame Nikita’s horrible ratings on something else.

• Alan says:

just curious, what makes someone hate a show so much that they seek out every article about it and demean it? because if i dont like a show i avoid all articles which talk about that show, otherwise the views for that article just go up, encouraging the site to make more so they can get more advertising money

• Brandy says:

Top Model was also getting better ratings in Oct-Nov then Nikita,GG,90210,Emily Owens

• Just in case you haven’t figured it out yet, and that would not surprise me, no one thinks the term “Stinkita” is at all remotely clever. I find it sad that you repeatedly use it as if it was this go-to joke that inspires laughter and glee across the land. Truth is, it inspires nothing but apathy and pity for you and your strange need to slam a random target. Happy holidays.

• Lambsilencer says:

According to plans, there should be a break on February 15. And then, with no interruptions, we would get to May 10. So yes, might be the only break we get until the end, or maybe one more. But not more than that.

2. Anna says:

The fringe video made me sad. So going to miss that show, it is truely one of the best out there. Fantastic episode last night I’m glad we got the final season for closure.

3. Ali says:

Last night’s episode of Fringe is just another mark of a great episode. There have been twists and turns, love and heartbreak…and licorice. I’m going to miss this show and I am so glad I tuned in for that very first episode. Never looked back after that.

4. Jason says:

Every time I watch Nikita, I’m struck with how awesome a spy drama it is. The production values are exceptional.

5. Grace says:

YEA!! So glad about CHICAGO FIRE!!! It is a great show. Very suspenseful and well written. The characters are wonderful, especially Jesse Spencer (HOUSE) as Casey. I watch it every week and I pray it gets picked up for a second season. JESSE!!

6. liz says:

WHY is CSI:N.Y. ending it’s season so soon???? Does it have a chance of coming back next season?? I LOVE this show! Gary and Sela are superb and the rest of the cast is very good as well. The episodes this season are very well-written. I so hope it comes back next season.

7. Sid says:

@ Brandy

Can you just shut up and move on?!?!

God you’re such an annoying bitch! I wish Maggie Q and Lynsey Fonseca could give your ass a best down “Nikita” style. Maybe then you’ll stop your unhealthy obsession and move on to something else.

• Grumpy says:

Thats Funny!! if there was a like button i would be clicking it right now!!

• Sid says:

She’s the ultimate Nikita hater! She’ll lie tally go and seek out every article she can about Nikita and post the same thing.

At one point it was tolerable to an extent but now it’s unbelievably annoying!

8. Grumpy says:

This is the second time I don’t watch it live and the numbers are steady. Maybe I should go back to watch it a couple of days later

9. Adrienne says:

I absolutely love Nikita. My hubby, daughter and I watch it as a family every week.

10. Mikael says:

Nikita is so underrated. I wish it would air on Wednesdays after Arrow. And CW could advertise for it better. But I’m happy it’s still on at all. It’s such a great action show.