You get two — count ’em, two — ratings round-ups today for the price of one, thanks to delays over at the Nielsen number-crunching factory. (Sources tell me that Inspector 83 had a Level-8 abacus problem.)
Starting with Thursday, ABC’s Scandal drew its largest total audience ever (7.4 mil, up 11 percent) and rose 14 percent to an all-time high rating of 2.5 (besting Elementary’s 2.3).
CBS’ Two and a Half Men (14.2 mil/4.2) and Person of Interest (15 mil/3.2), pending NFL adjustments, upticked in the demo and are eying season highs in total viewers.
Elsewhere on Thursday:
* ABC’s Last Resort (5.5 mil/1.2) added a few eyeballs and gained 20 percent in the demo, while Grey’s Anatomy was steady at 8.93 mil/3.0.
* CBS’ Big Bang (17.4 mil/5.3) slipped two tenths in the demo, Elementary (10.9 mil/2.3) was up 5 percent.
* Fox’s X Factor (7.7 mil/2.4) shed a few viewers and was down 11 percent in the demo, Glee (5.5 mil/2.1) inched down a tenth in the demo.
* The CW’s Vampire Diaries (2.4 mil/1.1) fell 20 percent in the demo, Beauty and the Beast (1.4 mil/0.5) was down 17 percent.
* NBC’s 30 Rock (3.33 mil/1.1) matched its series-low demo, Up All Night (2.94 mil/1.2) was flat, The Office (4.2 mil/2.1) rose 10 percent and Parks and Recreation (3.3 mil/1.5) inched up a tenth.
Flashing back to Wednesday now, here’s a superlative: NBC’s Chicago Fire surged 28 percent to deliver its largest total audience to date — 7.2 million viewers — while netting its second-best demo rating (1.9, matching the series premiere). Next week: Sarah Shahi joins the ensemble.
ChiFi‘s only better demo number came when it had a special lead-in from The Voice. This week, it can be noted, its CBS competition was the Grammy nominations hootenanny (which averaged about a 1.5) instead of CSI (2.6 at last tally).
A few other Wednesday notes:
* The CW’s Arrow (3.35 mil/1.1) dipped 10 and 15 percent, while Supernatural (2.1 mil/0.9) added viewers and a tenth.
* ABC’s Nashville (6 mil/1.9) rose 5 percent and a tenth.
* CBS’ Criminal Minds (11.3 mil/3.0) scared off a handful of viewers but inched up a tenth.